• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 greenaj
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts
***This is going to be long and I realize not a lot of you will read it, this is for those looking for serious discussion*** I've been loyal to Xbox since the original came out. I've always liked the Xbox better than the PS. Hell, I liked the N64 better than the PS. BUT, when the launch announcements were made, I was seriously thinking about getting a PS4. MS was getting horrible PR and Sony was killing it. I was more worried about long term value of the X1 and the backfire would hurt the X1 long term wise. Not to mention, Bungie is now developing multi-platform games and it's been reported that PS4 has "more power". But after taking a step back from the initial wave of doubt, and taking into consideration my gaming habits, I realized that the X1 was still the right console for me. I don't have the time I did in college to play video games anymore. I only have a few games I'll play a year (the bigger titles). I mostly like FPS (Halo), Action Adventure, RPGs (Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Witcher, Fable) and the occasional Sports game. I know Xbox is going to get it's fair share of these titles (multi-platform and exclusives). I'm pumped about Titanfall, I think that is a huge seller for X1. I'm not into anime and it seems like Sony gets WAY more of that stuff, so that doesn't bother me at all. Xbox live has been amazing in the 10 years I've had it. Xbox is great at getting exclusive content rights and doing the "online community" well. Most of my friends are on Xbox, that also factors in. The new functionality with plugging my DTV up to the Xbox + voice commands + apps like Netflix, Hulu etc is going to make my living room an awesome entertainment hub that will hopefully be more streamlined and simple to use (I know my wife will enjoy that). Speaking of the wife, she has fun with the occasional work out and dance games for kinect. We don't have kids yet (we're still young) but she works for a non-profit and there are times we'll have kids come over and spend the night when their family life gets rough. It's fun to have a system that has those kind of games to keep them occupied and having fun. And to be honest, maybe the biggest reason that keeps me away from PS is that I just can't stand its controller. Some people love it, and if you do, that's great. But even since I was 7-8 years old, I didn't like the PS controllers. As a matter of fact, I preferred those huge chunky original xbox controllers to the PS2s. I don't like how PS controllers don't actually have a trigger. I mean, FPS's are one of the biggest markets for video games and PS users shoot with a bumper...just has never made sense to me. For me, the Xbox controllers is about perfect. So with that novel, those are the reasons I ultimately ended up with the pre-order for the X1 and I can't wait until I'm standing in line for a midnight opening!
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="TheTruthIsREAL"] It is not 2006. cakeorrdeath
So then what are you basing your decision on? I assume you're going by history? If so then you'd be waisting your money getting a PS4 for the next 2 years. I mean that IS what you're trying to say right? MS abondoned the 360 so you're assuming they'll do the same with the XOne?

I think its more that Microsoft don't have the strongest first party studios so obtain exclusives by paying other companies for them. They seem happy to do this at the beginning of the generation but its clearly far less prevalent now they have built up a solid install base. Sony on the other hand have strong first party that will make games throughout the generation. Though just like last ten it looks like it might be 2015 before the real top contenders arrive.

Sure but like he said it isn't 2006. MS seemed to have worked hard on 1st party studios as well as securing games for the XOne. If he's going to base his decision off the past then why get the PS4 1st? Why not get the XOne the in 2 - 3 years get the PS4. This, of course, if he is soley basing his choice on the past.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="kingtito"] So then what are you basing your decision on? I assume you're going by history? If so then you'd be waisting your money getting a PS4 for the next 2 years. I mean that IS what you're trying to say right? MS abondoned the 360 so you're assuming they'll do the same with the XOne?kingtito

I think its more that Microsoft don't have the strongest first party studios so obtain exclusives by paying other companies for them. They seem happy to do this at the beginning of the generation but its clearly far less prevalent now they have built up a solid install base. Sony on the other hand have strong first party that will make games throughout the generation. Though just like last ten it looks like it might be 2015 before the real top contenders arrive.

Sure but like he said it isn't 2006. MS seemed to have worked hard on 1st party studios as well as securing games for the XOne. If he's going to base his decision off the past then why get the PS4 1st? Why not get the XOne the in 2 - 3 years get the PS4. This, of course, if he is soley basing his choice on the past.

Or he doesn't want to buy 2 consoles.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 kingtito
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="kingtito"]

I think its more that Microsoft don't have the strongest first party studios so obtain exclusives by paying other companies for them. They seem happy to do this at the beginning of the generation but its clearly far less prevalent now they have built up a solid install base. Sony on the other hand have strong first party that will make games throughout the generation. Though just like last ten it looks like it might be 2015 before the real top contenders arrive.cakeorrdeath

Or he doesn't want to buy 2 consoles.

Could be though so many good games on both consoles it would be hard. Eventually I plan on getting both but not at launch.
TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts
[QUOTE="TheTruthIsREAL"][QUOTE="kingtito"] How does that make any sense? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it widely considered the PS3 didn't have any games for the 1st 2 years or so? Isn't also a fact the 360 has more games? kingtito
It is not 2006.

So then what are you basing your decision on? I assume you're going by history? If so then you'd be waisting your money getting a PS4 for the next 2 years. I mean that IS what you're trying to say right? MS abondoned the 360 so you're assuming they'll do the same with the XOne?

I just said it's not 2006. Sony message for it's initial reveal was it was for the gamers. It's all about the games. MS reveal was about the things that catered to casuals more than gamers. It's all about the first impression imo.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="TheTruthIsREAL"] It is not 2006. TheTruthIsREAL

I just said it's not 2006. Sony message for it's initial reveal was it was for the gamers. It's all about the games. MS reveal was about the things that catered to casuals more than gamers. It's all about the first impression imo.

That's cool. I was just trying to get clarification A) because I'm bored and B) just to have a discussion without all the flaming
Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Both:

X1 Day one Edition: BF4, Forza 5, CoD: Ghosts, Killer Instinct and my fiance wants Kinect Sports for it too

-will get DR3 at a later date, gotta get the MP games my friends are getting first and will wait to see how Ryse does (interested, but could easily be meh)

PS4 Launch Day: Killzone 4, AC4:BF, DriveClub PSN+ edition (also want Watch Dogs, but will probobly have to wait)

Overall, it's gonna be an expensive November, good thing I have been saving for it for the last couple years :) Basically getting the X1 because of friends and it has a better exlusive lineup at launch. But the PS4 is going to be my machine for SP games, as they will more than likely be a tiny bit superior on it. And this way, just like last gen, if one version is better than the other I can pick the superior one.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
After seeing games like Killzone Shadowfall I would have to say it looks as though at this point PS4 is proving to be the superior console. Granted Forza 5 looks very good overall I'm more impressed with Driveclub. Xbox One just doesn't seem to be able to run complex games the way that PS4 can run complex games. They claim that Xbox One has more polygon pushing power but I doubt it. I just don't think Xbox One is going to be able to keep up. I would say it looks as though PS4 is going to blow away all the competition this gen as far as consoles are concerned.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="kingtito"][ Could be though so many good games on both consoles it would be hard. Eventually I plan on getting both but not at launch.

This is the first gen when I will have a full time job from the very start of it. I don't think I will be buying more than one console this gen. I won't have the time to play all the good ones on one of them!
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][ Could be though so many good games on both consoles it would be hard. Eventually I plan on getting both but not at launch. cakeorrdeath
This is the first gen when I will have a full time job from the very start of it. I don't think I will be buying more than one console this gen. I won't have the time to play all the good ones on one of them!

Finding the time is my problem as well. When I do play I play on my PC. It's the reason why my wife is against me getting the new consoles. She thinks they'll just sit collecting dust and she's probably right lol. Still, having a console in every gen since the Atari 2600 days it'll be hard to pass. It'll feel like I'm missing out on something even if I don't play them. I'll just be content to own them.
John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts
such a creative thread
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 cakeorrdeath
such a creative threadJohn_Matherson
We've made the best of it. Why not try and add to the conversation rather than criticising it :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="kingtito"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] If you have your fanboy goggles on, then yes Xbone looks better. In the real world every sane person knows that PS4 is better.Suppaman100

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Fits you perfectly

No. you leave out other factors. Fact 1: PS4 is stronger than Xbone Fact 2: PS4 is cheaper than Xbone And then you have the launch up. And this is entirely dependable on your taste. So this is subjective. After this we can objectively conclude that indeed PS4 is the best choice.

But let us be serious here. Look at the factors... Built in new Kinect upgraded. Better XBOX LIVE service than PSN. overall more features on the console.
Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts
Xbox One just doesn't seem to be able to run complex games the way that PS4 can run complex games.RimacBugatti
XBOX ONE games look equally as good as PS4 games. I don't understand why some people just won't admit that. It's as though they refuse to believe it's true. Just look at Killer Instinct, the game has awesome graphics and effects! Look at Crimson Dragon, again awesome graphics and effects! And the same can be said for Titanfall, Ryse, Forza 5, etc. XBOX ONE is a very powerful console, and should not be underestimated based on trivial differences of paper specs compared to PS4.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 kingtito
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="kingtito"]

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Fits you perfectly

No. you leave out other factors. Fact 1: PS4 is stronger than Xbone Fact 2: PS4 is cheaper than Xbone And then you have the launch up. And this is entirely dependable on your taste. So this is subjective. After this we can objectively conclude that indeed PS4 is the best choice.

But let us be serious here. Look at the factors... Built in new Kinect upgraded. Better XBOX LIVE service than PSN. overall more features on the console.

No point in responding to him. He's adamant power == better. I guess he will agree Xbox>>PS2 and PC>>>>>>>all consoles
ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

I'll get a PS4 eventually but not any time soon. Both launch lineups are absolute trash and will be forgotten as soon as some decent games come out. The only exclusives/console exclusives I'm looking forward to are Infamous: SS and Titanfall. At least with the PS4 I know Sony will deliver quality AAAE experiences in the coming years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
That being said though, I am thinking long term. PS4 has asian market support, will have better EUROPE support and MAYBE even US this time around if initial launch follows through. long term i see no point in owning an xbox as nothing has really changed in the company at their core. Its still a " WE WANT TO CONTROL THE FAMILY ROOM" console..... which will churn out halo 5, gears, forza and now some dead franchises that no matter how many fanboys here want to admit NOBODY CARED ABOUT.... just dead old franchises.... that won't live up to anything. The lack of MMO and free game support or worse support is also a worry. The fact that its best game TitanFall is on PC aswell is another alarm bell that I can't ignore. I made the mistake of trading my PS3 in for a Xbox Slim this generation, I will not be making that same mistake again. PS4 long term has so much more OBVIOUS potential. this whole "upfront" thing with X1 is a load of crap that anyone with half a brain can see through.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts
[QUOTE="kingtito"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] If you have your fanboy goggles on, then yes Xbone looks better. In the real world every sane person knows that PS4 is better.Suppaman100

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Fits you perfectly

But let us be serious here. Look at the facts Fact 1: PS4 is stronger than Xbone Fact 2: PS4 is cheaper than Xbone And then you have the launch up. And this is entirely dependable on your taste. So this is subjective. After this we can objectively conclude that indeed PS4 is the best choice.

this actually has a lot of truth to it. yes launch games are opinion based as someone will like one over the other BUT hardware wise, PS4> xbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="kingtito"]

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Fits you perfectly

Ribnarak
 But let us be serious here. Look at the facts Fact 1: PS4 is stronger than Xbone Fact 2: PS4 is cheaper than Xbone And then you have the launch up. And this is entirely dependable on your taste. So this is subjective. After this we can objectively conclude that indeed PS4 is the best choice.

this actually has a lot of truth to it. yes launch games are opinion based as someone will like one over the other BUT hardware wise, PS4> xbone

But OS and Additional hardware wise X1 > PS4. to alot of people thats more improtant than the miniscule graphics difference.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kingtito
[QUOTE="Ribnarak"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="kingtito"]

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Fits you perfectly

A stronger console doesn't automatically make it better. It makes it more powerful but as history has proven power == better. Being cheaper is only temperary as MS will most likely reduce the price if it's not selling as well as it thinks it should. Eventually both will be around the same price point give or take $50. Ultimately console preference subjective
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Objectively PS4 is better. However I'm getting a X1, just prefer Xbox live to PSN.FPSfan1985
Screw PSN.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Quadizzle 4 life.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts
I'm getting a Xbox One at launch to be my primary console because of the controller and superior online service. I will probably get a PS4 in a few years once some big Sony exclusives like God of War and Uncharted are released.
gamerdude970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 gamerdude970
Member since 2009 • 367 Posts

ps4 ill get an x1 when microsoft makes games that intrest me.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
I posted on the first page and stated I was getting a X1. Yep, still getting a X1. Not even a debate. Just wanted to check in on that.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="greenaj"]***This is going to be long and I realize not a lot of you will read it, this is for those looking for serious discussion*** I've been loyal to Xbox since the original came out. I've always liked the Xbox better than the PS. Hell, I liked the N64 better than the PS. BUT, when the launch announcements were made, I was seriously thinking about getting a PS4. MS was getting horrible PR and Sony was killing it. I was more worried about long term value of the X1 and the backfire would hurt the X1 long term wise. Not to mention, Bungie is now developing multi-platform games and it's been reported that PS4 has "more power". But after taking a step back from the initial wave of doubt, and taking into consideration my gaming habits, I realized that the X1 was still the right console for me. I don't have the time I did in college to play video games anymore. I only have a few games I'll play a year (the bigger titles). I mostly like FPS (Halo), Action Adventure, RPGs (Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Witcher, Fable) and the occasional Sports game. I know Xbox is going to get it's fair share of these titles (multi-platform and exclusives). I'm pumped about Titanfall, I think that is a huge seller for X1. I'm not into anime and it seems like Sony gets WAY more of that stuff, so that doesn't bother me at all. Xbox live has been amazing in the 10 years I've had it. Xbox is great at getting exclusive content rights and doing the "online community" well. Most of my friends are on Xbox, that also factors in. The new functionality with plugging my DTV up to the Xbox + voice commands + apps like Netflix, Hulu etc is going to make my living room an awesome entertainment hub that will hopefully be more streamlined and simple to use (I know my wife will enjoy that). Speaking of the wife, she has fun with the occasional work out and dance games for kinect. We don't have kids yet (we're still young) but she works for a non-profit and there are times we'll have kids come over and spend the night when their family life gets rough. It's fun to have a system that has those kind of games to keep them occupied and having fun. And to be honest, maybe the biggest reason that keeps me away from PS is that I just can't stand its controller. Some people love it, and if you do, that's great. But even since I was 7-8 years old, I didn't like the PS controllers. As a matter of fact, I preferred those huge chunky original xbox controllers to the PS2s. I don't like how PS controllers don't actually have a trigger. I mean, FPS's are one of the biggest markets for video games and PS users shoot with a bumper...just has never made sense to me. For me, the Xbox controllers is about perfect. So with that novel, those are the reasons I ultimately ended up with the pre-order for the X1 and I can't wait until I'm standing in line for a midnight opening!

Very good, well thought out post unlike the majority X1 posts from the usual handful of jackass Lems here. I would probably be right there with you if Microsoft didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth with the 360 with things like exclusive abandonment mid generation, over priced and disc locked DLC with first party games, refusing to let companies like Epic and Valve release their content free of charge and ignoring digital game bundles that already include the content in the physical world as well as Steam and PSN.
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
I posted on the first page and stated I was getting a X1. Yep, still getting a X1. Not even a debate. Just wanted to check in on that. FoxbatAlpha
lmao
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I'll get both but later when price drops :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

So AP taking interest in system wars, about time :D

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#130 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"]Objectively PS4 is better. However I'm getting a X1, just prefer Xbox live to PSN.kingtito
How can you say objectively PS4 is better? You can say it's more powerful and that wouldn't be an objective statement but infact true. Objectively the better console is the console that has the games you prefer and the features you want. Power wise you'd say the PS4 is better.

Agreed. X1 first ps4 after
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kingtito

[QUOTE="greenaj"]***This is going to be long and I realize not a lot of you will read it, this is for those looking for serious discussion*** I've been loyal to Xbox since the original came out. I've always liked the Xbox better than the PS. Hell, I liked the N64 better than the PS. BUT, when the launch announcements were made, I was seriously thinking about getting a PS4. MS was getting horrible PR and Sony was killing it. I was more worried about long term value of the X1 and the backfire would hurt the X1 long term wise. Not to mention, Bungie is now developing multi-platform games and it's been reported that PS4 has "more power". But after taking a step back from the initial wave of doubt, and taking into consideration my gaming habits, I realized that the X1 was still the right console for me. I don't have the time I did in college to play video games anymore. I only have a few games I'll play a year (the bigger titles). I mostly like FPS (Halo), Action Adventure, RPGs (Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Witcher, Fable) and the occasional Sports game. I know Xbox is going to get it's fair share of these titles (multi-platform and exclusives). I'm pumped about Titanfall, I think that is a huge seller for X1. I'm not into anime and it seems like Sony gets WAY more of that stuff, so that doesn't bother me at all. Xbox live has been amazing in the 10 years I've had it. Xbox is great at getting exclusive content rights and doing the "online community" well. Most of my friends are on Xbox, that also factors in. The new functionality with plugging my DTV up to the Xbox + voice commands + apps like Netflix, Hulu etc is going to make my living room an awesome entertainment hub that will hopefully be more streamlined and simple to use (I know my wife will enjoy that). Speaking of the wife, she has fun with the occasional work out and dance games for kinect. We don't have kids yet (we're still young) but she works for a non-profit and there are times we'll have kids come over and spend the night when their family life gets rough. It's fun to have a system that has those kind of games to keep them occupied and having fun. And to be honest, maybe the biggest reason that keeps me away from PS is that I just can't stand its controller. Some people love it, and if you do, that's great. But even since I was 7-8 years old, I didn't like the PS controllers. As a matter of fact, I preferred those huge chunky original xbox controllers to the PS2s. I don't like how PS controllers don't actually have a trigger. I mean, FPS's are one of the biggest markets for video games and PS users shoot with a bumper...just has never made sense to me. For me, the Xbox controllers is about perfect. So with that novel, those are the reasons I ultimately ended up with the pre-order for the X1 and I can't wait until I'm standing in line for a midnight opening!Murderstyle75
Very good, well thought out post unlike the majority X1 posts from the usual handful of jackass Lems here. I would probably be right there with you if Microsoft didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth with the 360 with things like exclusive abandonment mid generation, over priced and disc locked DLC with first party games, refusing to let companies like Epic and Valve release their content free of charge and ignoring digital game bundles that already include the content in the physical world as well as Steam and PSN.

That would also go for the majority of raging and blind loyalist cows that post here as well.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Will wait for a friend opinion on KZSF before I get a PS4.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
PS4 and XBONE for lyfe.. Never heard of this xone shit.. pronounced "zone"?
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#134 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
uh oh. It's a Aussiepet thread. The system with the games you like is the better console.Netret0120
remembering robotapple's thread
SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

uh oh. It's a Aussiepet thread. The system with the games you like is the better console.Netret0120

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#136 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm getting X1 at launch.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

[spoiler]

Xbox 1

confirmed day 1 games

RetailAssassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [4]Ubisoft

RetailBattlefield 4 [5]DICE

RetailCall of Duty: Ghosts[6]Infinity Ward

Xbox LiveCrimson Dragon [7]Grounding Inc., Land Ho! **

RetailDead Rising 3 [8]Capcom **

RetailFIFA 14 [9]EA Sports

RetailFighter Within [10]AMA, Ltd. **

RetailForza Motorsport 5[11]Turn 10 **

RetailJust Dance 2014 [12]Ubisoft **

Xbox Live /Generous DemoKiller Instinct [13]Double Helix **

RetailLEGO Marvel Super Heroes [14]TT Games

Xbox LiveLocoCycle [15]Twisted Pixel *

RetailMadden NFL 25 [16]EA Sports

RetailNBA 2K14 [17]Visual Concepts

RetailNBA Live 14 [18]EA Sports

RetailNeed for Speed: Rivals [19]Ghost, Criterion

Xbox LivePeggle 2 [20]PopCap Games *

Xbox LivePowerstar Golf [21]Zoe Mode **

RetailRyse: Son of Rome[22]Crytek **

RetailSkylanders: Swap Force [23]Vicarious Visions

RetailWatch Dogs [24]Ubisoft Montreal

RetailZoo Tycoon [25]Frontier Developments *

RetailZumba Fitness: World Party [26]

Launch window

RetailKinect Sports: RivalsRare **

Retail / Xbox LiveMinecraft: Xbox One Edition Mojang

Xbox Live / F2PProject SparkMicrosoft *

RetailThe CrewIvory Towers and Reflections

RetailTitanfallRespawn *

RetailWolfenstein: The New OrderMachine Games

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

PS4

confirmed day 1 games

RetailAssassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [3]Ubisoft

RetailBattlefield 4 [4]DICEWiki

PSN / F2PBlacklight: RetributionZombie Studios

RetailCall of Duty: Ghosts*Infinity Ward

PSNContrast [5]Compulsion Games *

PSN / F2PDC Universe Online*Sony Online Entertainment *

PSNDiveKick [n]One True Game Studios *

Retail / PS+DriveClub [6]Evolution Studios **

RetailFIFA 14*EA Sports

RetailJust Dance 2014 [7]Ubisoft

RetailKillzone Shadow Fall [8]Guerilla Games **

RetailKnack [9]SCE Japan StudioWiki **

RetailLEGO Marvel Super Heroes*TT Games

RetailMadden NFL 25*EA Sports

PSNMinecraft [10]4J Studios

RetailNBA 2K14*Visual Concepts

RetailNBA Live 14*EA Sports

RetailNeed for Speed: Rivals*Ghost, Criterion

PSNPinball Arcade [11]FarSight Studion *

PSN / Free DLCPutty SquadSystem 3 Arcade Software *

Pack-inThe PlayRoom [12]Sony **

PSN / PS+Resogun [13]Housemarque **

RetailSkylanders Swap Force*Vicarious Visions

PSNSuper Motherload [14]XGen Studios *

PSNSwitch Galaxy UltraAtomicom *

PSNTiny Brains [15]Spearhead Games *

PSN / F2PWarframe [16]Digital Extremes *

PSN / F2PWar Thunder [17]Gaijin Entertainment *

RetailWatch Dogs*Ubisoft Montreal

launch window

PSNBasement CrawlBloober Team, iFun4all **

PSNCounterSpyDynamighty *

PSNDaylightZombie Studios

PSN / F2PDeep DownCapcom **

PSN / FreeDoki-Doki UniverseHumaNature Studios *

PSNFlowerThatGameCompany (TGC) *

PSNHohokumHoneyslug & Richard Hoge *

RetailinFamous Second SonSucker Punch **

PSNMercenary KingsTribute Games

PSNN++Metanet **

PSNOctodad: Dadliest CatchYoung Horses, Inc. *

PSNOddworld: New 'n' TastyJust Add Water *

PSN / F2PPlanetSide 2Sony Online Entertainment *

PSNPool Nation ExtremeCherry Pop Games *

PSNPrimal Carnage: GenesisLukewarm Media *

PSNRay's the DeadRagtag Studios LLC *

RetailThe CrewIvory Towers and Reflections

RetailThe Order: 1886Ready At Dawn Studios - SCE Santa Monica Studio **

PSNThe WitnessThekla Inc. **

PSNTransistorSupergiant Games **

RetailWolfenstein: The New OrderMachine Games

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

Updated: games highlighted with a (2**) beside them = exclusive and (1*) = a multiplatform game not on the other system.

[/spoiler]

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Based on my experience with owning consoles from both companies, the support policies and practices implemented on them and how they have structured their gaming sectors...Sony is the better game company

Based on my experience with owning consoles from both companies, the quality, quantity and frequency of AAA caliber exclusives...Sony provides the better games.

Based on the upcoming consoles specs, features and price from both companies...Sony is providing the best value for their console.

Based on the upcoming line-ups of games, I can not make a factual judgement because I have not played any of the games but Sony is factually offering a larger amount of confirmed titles available on PS4 compared to xbox 360 so...Sony is providing the larger amount of gaming options for their console

***refer to above spoiler***

Based on all of these points there is zero reason to buy an xbox 1 over a PS4 as a gaming console.  

Lastly, people who are saying the xone libary looks better probably don't know what the PS4 library offers ^ and are just listening to others or they are just a FANatic for MS as a company and want people to feel the same no matter what.  Sony has more and better first party developers and because of their superior hardware they will have all superior multiplatform games or at the minimum equality across games.  

Based on all factors PS4 is just the better choice as a game console unless you a die hard fan for MS as a company or are a nationalist who feels the need to support the American or western system.

humpmasterflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 humpmasterflex
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts

there is only one true answer NEITHER. Rather use the money that would be wasted on those conSLOWS and use it to buy some nice upgrades to my PC.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"]  No. you leave out other factors. Fact 1: PS4 is stronger than Xbone Fact 2: PS4 is cheaper than Xbone And then you have the launch up. And this is entirely dependable on your taste. So this is subjective. After this we can objectively conclude that indeed PS4 is the best choice.kingtito

No point in responding to him. He's adamant power == better. I guess he will agree Xbox>>PS2 and PC>>>>>>>all consoles

Lol, I never said that the most powerful console will win the console war. PS4 is also cheaper, and I never said the cheapest console will win the war. But these points are still positive points. As it stands NOW; the PS4 is obviously the best choice. The only other objective "positive" point the Xbone has over the PS4, is kinect. So like I said 10 times here, More power, cheaper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kinect So lemmings I know you guys like to live in denial. I can't blame you though, after the crap MS did. But the facts are here and no matter what you say, the facts remain the same. (unless MS announces that Xbone will be stronger and cheaper than PS4...)
GustavoDALBEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 GustavoDALBEN
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Xbox One, ;).

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#142 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

We'll see, and I have both preordered and paid in full.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Gonna get the PS4 early next year. PS4and WiiU for me this gen.
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
What an insightful thread.
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#145 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

PS4 is better. As of now I'm not getting a PS4 or an Xbone.