• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
[QUOTE="FPSfan1985"][QUOTE="kingtito"] How can you say objectively PS4 is better? You can say it's more powerful and that wouldn't be an objective statement but infact true. Objectively the better console is the console that has the games you prefer and the features you want. Power wise you'd say the PS4 is better. kingtito
Objectively aka impartially, PS4 is cheaper, and has better hardware. As a system its the best, doesn't mean subjectively I find it the best as I apply my own person bias to the equation.

While agree, I wouldn't call it better unless referring to the hardware specs. Right now I think the XOne is better based on the launch games I find more appealing. When Sonys big hitters come out I might change my mind.

Thats you being subjective. As game quality is based solely on personal opinion. However objectivly the PS4 is more powerful and cheaper. Which is explains why I say without bias it's the best system. If I were too add my own bias though I agree X1 is my preferred system.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
I think they are both going to be great systems which is why Im getting both at launch, but to be honest, the XBOX ONE as an entertainment hub offers so much more than the PS4 does and out the gate, the XBOX ONE has a substantially more attractive launch line up. But I wont be narrow minded and will say that Ill enjoy KZSF and Driveclub.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

PS4

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

[QUOTE="Lumpy311"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] If you only look at the facts (and no game taste is not a fact) then PS4 is by far the best choice. Cheaper and stronger....and claming Xbone is still better... :lol: U wot m8??? This isn't even a discussion. Also to the lems claiming most people favor Xbone now... :lol: http://www.xboxonevspsfour.com/ And let's not forget that PS4 has higher pre-orders on many sites than Xbone.Suppaman100

You only have 2 variables...

Controller?

Online ecosystem?

The Kinect?  yes, the Kinect...

Multitasking?

Servers?

etc, etc...

Most of your points are SUBJECTIVE variables. I was talking about facts. Do you know the difference? Games, controller,... Purely depends on what you like the most. The facts still remain. PS4 is by far the best choice objectively.

Only one of my points were subjective: controller.  

You mentioned games, did I?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Since Sony is living by the by gamers for gamers mantra, PS4 all the way. Day fvcking 1, awwww yeahhhhhh
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The facts that MS tried to pull DRM spying on you, no renting, & tacked on used game fees should be enough to deter anyone from supporting such a company. MS has bad intent towards their consumers as proven over the years by releasing a 360 knowingly that had severe hardware flaws and everything was an extra cost is rediculous. Xone's controller still takes AA batteries and is an extra cost for charge and play packs. And no upgrading the Xone's HDD either. 

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Well then we agree. PS4 is better purely based on facts and not preference.

Who makes decisions based on solely on facts with no influx of preference? HAL9000? GlaDOS?
FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Well then we agree. PS4 is better purely based on facts and not preference.

Who makes decisions based on solely on facts with no influx of preference? HAL9000? GlaDOS?

Robots.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

Your shit taste continues.

Lumpy311

S81rqW7.gif

[QUOTE="Lumpy311"]Your shit taste continues.

Michael0134567

Your shit posting continues.

iGbqbG1.gif2MX1dRr.gif

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] Objectively aka impartially, PS4 is cheaper, and has better hardware. As a system its the best, doesn't mean subjectively I find it the best as I apply my own person bias to the equation. FPSfan1985
While agree, I wouldn't call it better unless referring to the hardware specs. Right now I think the XOne is better based on the launch games I find more appealing. When Sonys big hitters come out I might change my mind.

Thats you being subjective. As game quality is based solely on personal opinion. However objectivly the PS4 is more powerful and cheaper. Which is explains why I say without bias it's the best system. If I were too add my own bias though I agree X1 is my preferred system.

So your entire criteria for "best system" is based on power? Which is why I said it's not really objective since the PS4 being more powerful is indeed a fact.

My criteria isn't based on power but instead on games and features since that's all that really matters. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing out that saying the PS4 is more powerful isn't an objective statement.

off subject, I hope Pryor is ready. I couldn't stand to watch Flynn start again.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I swear I see this thread every few days.2ndWonder
I see it everyday

Then why the fvck is it allowed to constantly recycle it? :?

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

My choice is

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Trail_Mix
Yeah, that's the best console BY FAR
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

You Xone? Ohhhh you mean Xbone?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kingtito

The facts that MS tried to pull DRM 1. spying on you, no renting, & tacked on used game fees should be enough to deter anyone from supporting such a company. MS has bad intent towards their consumers as proven over the years by releasing a 360 knowingly that had severe hardware flaws and everything was an extra cost is rediculous. Xone's controller still takes AA batteries and is an extra cost for charge and play packs. And no upgrading the Xone's HDD either.

clr84651

1. Where did MS try to spy on you?

Everything else you said can be chalked up as usual fanboy banter. You are incapable of forming an impartial unbiased opinion so why bother reading.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts

PS4 at launch.  X1 after a significant price drop.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="Lumpy311"]

You only have 2 variables...

Controller?

Online ecosystem?

The Kinect?  yes, the Kinect...

Multitasking?

Servers?

etc, etc...

Spartan070

Most of your points are SUBJECTIVE variables. I was talking about facts. Do you know the difference? Games, controller,... Purely depends on what you like the most. The facts still remain. PS4 is by far the best choice objectively.

Ok let's see. Kinect? True you get kinect with your Xbone. (but it being a plus...that's another discussion) Multitasking, well PS4 will have that too. Servers? You mean the cloud? Looks like salestalk to me. And the online services are mostly the same and so this is preference. So that leaves these facts.: Xbone: you get kinect and the cloud PS4: 100$ cheaper and more powerful Looks like PS4 still wins. So try again
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Which one is better? and which one are you getting ?

AussieePet
Both consoles are better. I'm getting both of them for their exclusives games.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

The facts that MS tried to pull DRM 1. spying on you, no renting, & tacked on used game fees should be enough to deter anyone from supporting such a company. MS has bad intent towards their consumers as proven over the years by releasing a 360 knowingly that had severe hardware flaws and everything was an extra cost is rediculous. Xone's controller still takes AA batteries and is an extra cost for charge and play packs. And no upgrading the Xone's HDD either.

clr84651

The people responsible for it are gone or getting pushed out, so who cares?
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan070"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"] Most of your points are SUBJECTIVE variables. I was talking about facts. Do you know the difference? Games, controller,... Purely depends on what you like the most. The facts still remain. PS4 is by far the best choice objectively.Suppaman100

Ok let's see. Kinect? True you get kinect with your Xbone. (but it being a plus...that's another discussion) Multitasking, well PS4 will have that too. Servers? You mean the cloud? Looks like salestalk to me. And the online services are mostly the same and so this is preference. So that leaves these facts.: Xbone: you get kinect and the cloud PS4: 100$ cheaper and more powerful Looks like PS4 still wins. So try again

Xbone: You get kinect, cloud, better controller, better online service, better games

PS4: better hardware , cheaper

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

The x1 currently has more games that I'm interested in and the emmy award winning xbl. With that said, although I have paid off my x1, I am losing interest in next gen more and more every damn day. I may ebay it and sit out the year. Right now I'm 50-50 about it.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

Which one is better? and which one are you getting ?

AussieePet
I am getting both the XBOX ONE and PS4 at their respective launches. From the gameplay videos I have seen, they both appear to have equal graphics and performance. However, having both consoles will allow me to play whichever exclusive games I choose to without being limited. I don't know how anyone can claim one of these consoles is more powerful than the other when gameplay demonstrations so far simply do not show such a discrepancy in power.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blackace

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

not getting either at launch

lostrib

Come on Lostrib.................You know you want that X1. lol.

lol, no. None of the launch games for either one are interesting. I am interested in Titanfall, but I'll get that on PC

And that makes sense. If none of the games coming out for these consoles aren't your cup of tea, there's really no need to get them. In this case, it would be stupid to buy them. For me however, there are at least 3 games on each console that I want to play and at least 2-3 more games coming out within the month after launch that I must have. That's the reason I'm getting both systems.
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"] Objectively aka impartially, PS4 is cheaper, and has better hardware. As a system its the best, doesn't mean subjectively I find it the best as I apply my own person bias to the equation. FPSfan1985

So, a Corvette is better than a Rolls Royce?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="Lumpy311"]

Xbone: You get kinect, cloud, better controller, better online service, better games

PS4: better hardware , cheaper

Lumpy311

Learn the difference between objective and subjective.

It's fact, sorry.

Yeah, you're a moron. That's a fact too.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blackace
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="FPSfan1985"]Objectively PS4 is better. However I'm getting a X1, just prefer Xbox live to PSN.FPSfan1985
How can you say objectively PS4 is better? You can say it's more powerful and that wouldn't be an objective statement but infact true. Objectively the better console is the console that has the games you prefer and the features you want. Power wise you'd say the PS4 is better.

Objectively aka impartially, PS4 is cheaper, and has better hardware. As a system its the best, doesn't mean subjectively I find it the best as I apply my own person bias to the equation.

Unfortunately, opinions vary and not everyone will agree with yours. Not saying you are wrong or right, as everyone opinion is right for them and them alone.
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Lumpy311

[QUOTE="Lumpy311"]

[QUOTE="Suppaman100"]  Learn the difference between objective and subjective.Suppaman100

It's fact, sorry.

Yeah, you're a moron. That's a fact too.

stay mad

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

You still have shit taste.

And you are still a shit poster.

Lumpy311

u5agceo.gif Comon now, you can do better than that. 

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I'm getting a Playstation 4 because of...

• Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • inFamous: Second Son
  • The novelty of having a Playstation (I've owned every one released so far)
ty_lat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ty_lat
Member since 2009 • 198 Posts

not getting either at launch

lostrib

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I'm getting a PS4. I don't need that extra TV/DVR crap, and Kinect is just going to be annoying. It's cool that a console can stream series and movies from a PC or other devices, and go on the internet. But that's it. It is supposed to be a game console, where the focus is games. The X1 is trying to be a crap Win8 PC, a DVR that you can talk to, and at last it can play games, though it forces you to wave your arms around like a complete idiot.

The PS4 is still a dedicated game console, that can still do other media stuff.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Neither. Wii-U is looking better than both right now.

TecmoGirl
Domin8ters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Domin8ters
Member since 2009 • 108 Posts
X1 better games and more customized hardware = better
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kingtito
[QUOTE="Martin_G_N"]

I'm getting a PS4. I don't need that extra TV/DVR crap, and Kinect is just going to be annoying. It's cool that a console can stream series and movies from a PC or other devices, and go on the internet. But that's it. It is supposed to be a game console, where the focus is games. The X1 is trying to be a crap Win8 PC, a DVR that you can talk to, and at last it can play games, though it forces you to wave your arms around like a complete idiot.

The PS4 is still a dedicated game console, that can still do other media stuff.

10 years ago that might be true but not today, not in 2013. Game consoles are evolving into multimedia machines and will continue to evolve as time passes. Sony played it safe this gen by just upgrading the power. They are focusing on games but I'm not so sure that's enough in this day and age. I guess we'll have to see how it unfolds over the next few years.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

one and only warning, anymore flaming in this thread will result in an official strike.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts
Playstation 4 because... being a gamer is not a half-generation hobby
Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lumpy311

one and only warning, anymore flaming in this thread will result in an official strike.

cakeorrdeath

thanks for taking the fun off SW.

lame

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

[QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I swear I see this thread every few days.NameIess_One

I see it everyday

Then why the fvck is it allowed to constantly recycle it? :?

Very nice to see mods so hard at work at bringing good discussion back to SW! :roll:

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kingtito
Playstation 4 because... being a gamer is not a half-generation hobbyTheTruthIsREAL
How does that make any sense? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it widely considered the PS3 didn't have any games for the 1st 2 years or so? Isn't also a fact the 360 has more games?
TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts
[QUOTE="TheTruthIsREAL"]Playstation 4 because... being a gamer is not a half-generation hobbykingtito
How does that make any sense? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it widely considered the PS3 didn't have any games for the 1st 2 years or so? Isn't also a fact the 360 has more games?

It is not 2006.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

The facts that MS tried to pull DRM spying on you, no renting, & tacked on used game fees should be enough to deter anyone from supporting such a company. MS has bad intent towards their consumers as proven over the years by releasing a 360 knowingly that had severe hardware flaws and everything was an extra cost is rediculous. Xone's controller still takes AA batteries and is an extra cost for charge and play packs. And no upgrading the Xone's HDD either. 

clr84651
Oh no!!!! AA batteries!! Oh the humanity!! Hmm lets see, I can go to Costco and by a 50 pack of them for like $20. Man, that is a budget breaker. Or if I really wanted to splurge, I could by some of those rechargeable ones. What are those like $10?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="clr84651"]

ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Oh no!!!! AA batteries!! Oh the humanity!! Hmm lets see, I can go to Costco and by a 50 pack of them for like $20. Man, that is a budget breaker. Or if I really wanted to splurge, I could by some of those rechargeable ones. What are those like $10?

I am never that organised, I bought a wired 360 controller last gen as I always ended up without a controller to play games with. Hopefully the rechargeable packs will be out sharpish.
Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts
The ironic thing is that all the cows, proclaiming the PS4 is significantly more powerful, will end up being humbled when games begin to show that both consoles are nearly identical in real-world performance and graphics capability. I am getting both consoles, and therefore being non-bias, even I will admit that lems are way more rational and way less boastful when discussing the power of these consoles.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="TheTruthIsREAL"]Playstation 4 because... being a gamer is not a half-generation hobbyTheTruthIsREAL

It is not 2006.

So then what are you basing your decision on? I assume you're going by history? If so then you'd be waisting your money getting a PS4 for the next 2 years. I mean that IS what you're trying to say right? MS abondoned the 360 so you're assuming they'll do the same with the XOne?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="TheTruthIsREAL"][QUOTE="kingtito"] How does that make any sense? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it widely considered the PS3 didn't have any games for the 1st 2 years or so? Isn't also a fact the 360 has more games? kingtito
It is not 2006.

So then what are you basing your decision on? I assume you're going by history? If so then you'd be waisting your money getting a PS4 for the next 2 years. I mean that IS what you're trying to say right? MS abondoned the 360 so you're assuming they'll do the same with the XOne?

I think its more that Microsoft don't have the strongest first party studios so obtain exclusives by paying other companies for them. They seem happy to do this at the beginning of the generation but its clearly far less prevalent now they have built up a solid install base. Sony on the other hand have strong first party that will make games throughout the generation. Though just like last ten it looks like it might be 2015 before the real top contenders arrive.