PS4 controller: (clickable?) touchpad + share button + dualshock

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 0

#51 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] The dedicated button is the stupid part. A system-level screen capture would be cool.o0squishy0o

If your playing an online game and all of a sudden you have a "OH SH!T" moment, wouldn't it be so much simpler to just tap a button that will instantly record it?

I can't remember many times when playing games that when an awesome moment happens, I think "quick I need to press a button to capture this moment". No. I think wow this is awesome... and its over. There is no time to press buttons unless you are going out of your way on purpose to try and create these awesome moments. apparently this is allways recording thohugh, so you wouldn't need to think about it a head of time, just hit the button after something cool happens. Also if it is some devine incredibly moment, you should be taken in by it, not thinking "this is pretty cool, I better press record". Thats why most if not al crazy cool things are recorded as they are happening and not just recorded or screenshotted before they happen. So for sure, have a button that can save things, but a constant recording system like fraps or something would be better because it allows the player to be immersed and not on the edge to try and make things happen or looking for things to happen.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

I would rather have had a slightly larger duel shock with triggers.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
just give me dualshock 4 sony -.-
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
Touch would ruin everything :(
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Some PS3 games already have youtube support like with Just Cause 2 always recording,for all games would be sweet!

This design found at gaf looks ok for the touchpad.

ps4-mockup-2.png

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

Some PS3 games already have youtube support like with Just Cause 2 always recording,for all games would be sweet!

This design found at gaf looks ok for the touchpad.

ps4-mockup-2.png

killzowned24

VITA d-pad. Nice!

I find the VITA's d-pad very good for fighting games and platforming.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Uggghh. I hate the rear touch bad.
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

A real shame if they don't atleast increase it's size.  The dualshock is so small my hands cramp up sometimes.  It's like it was designed for a child's hands.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

A real shame if they don't atleast increase it's size.  The dualshock is so small my hands cramp up sometimes.  It's like it was designed for a child's hands.

Boddicker

BS. I have very large hands and I can use it just fine without my hands cramping up

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
I dont see why they will design PS4 games around Vita in mind. This is stupid.
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
back touchpad from vita would cool thing imo, it one of most inovative things Sony come up with
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
I dont see why they will design PS4 games around Vita in mind. This is stupid.PSP107
It's not, think about it, you got PS4 and you want portable gaming and ability to extend features of PS4 games over it is a pro not con.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PSP107
[QUOTE="PSP107"]I dont see why they will design PS4 games around Vita in mind. This is stupid.ShadowriverUB
It's not, think about it, you got PS4 and you want portable gaming and ability to extend features of PS4 games over it is a pro not con.

At best it will be gimmicky which means it was a waste of Sonys time and consumers money. Also, dont the majority of Vita owners don't like the rear touch pad?
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 wakefulness

[QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"][QUOTE="PSP107"]I dont see why they will design PS4 games around Vita in mind. This is stupid.PSP107

At best it will be gimmicky which means it was a waste of Sonys time and consumers money. Also, dont the majority of Vita owners don't like the rear touch pad?

C'mon, let's not spread lies. There is a misconception that the backtouch user interface is "bad" because of games like UC:GA that use it in awkward times and that audience did not like it. (And similar games followed that path.)

Back touch is great. It only takes playing through on Welcome Park's Digit Chase mode, to know how fun and smart back touch can be.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

If it has that sort of controller, and if the system has top of the line specs, I wonder how much this will cost.. Considering how much the Wii U costs and is selling at a lost (due to the cost of manufacturing that controller), the PS4 might be very expensive. I don't think it will survive in the current market if it does a PS3 pricing scheme on launch. Especially considering the price and library of the PS3 and 360, the new system might struggle with the previous generation as well as the current. 

Clarification:
*Previous generation being Wii, 360, PS3
*Current being the Wii U, PS4 and 720.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PSP107

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="ShadowriverUB"] It's not, think about it, you got PS4 and you want portable gaming and ability to extend features of PS4 games over it is a pro not con. wakefulness

C'mon, let's not spread lies. There is a misconception that the backtouch user interface is "bad" because of games like UC:GA that use it in awkward times and that audience did not like it. (And similar games followed that path.)

Back touch is great. It only takes playing through on Welcome Park's Digit Chase mode, to know how fun and smart back touch can be.

How am I spreading lies when you yourself just explain my point?
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"] At best it will be gimmicky which means it was a waste of Sonys time and consumers money. Also, dont the majority of Vita owners don't like the rear touch pad?PSP107

How am I spreading lies when you yourself just explain my point?

I did not explain your point. I clarified where my position on the matter is.

You just sounded like you pooping on backtouch all together because 'some people' thought just that.Â