PS3 Is Dying?!!

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ForgottenDemon
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts
I'm not saying this because I'm a Xbox 360 fan but anyone who has a sharp eye can notice that the console is dying. I mean seriosly it has no good games or worthy to play (except Ninja Gaiden, Resistance) and PSN is not strong as XBL. Overall the price is the most shocking to the people who can't affrod that and already Sony fans. You can by an Xbox 360 Elite cheaper than a 20GB PS3. So Is it really dying? Or it will come back?!!
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
Funny you should mention dying, my brothers 360 got RROD last wedsnday :D
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....
Realtop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Realtop
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts
Ps3 has a much brighter future than Xbox360.
ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
I'm enjoying my PS3 games thank you.:)
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

I'm not saying this because I'm a Xbox 360 fan but anyone who has a sharp eye can notice that the console is dying. I mean seriosly it has no good games or worthy to play (except Ninja Gaiden, Resistance) and PSN is not strong as XBL. Overall the price is the most shocking to the people who can't affrod that and already Sony fans. You can by an Xbox 360 Elite cheaper than a 20GB PS3. So Is it really dying? Or it will come back?!!ForgottenDemon

It's funny how it is a Lem saying that PS3 will die. The reason why no games have been released lately is because it's summer and beginning end of August the game drought will end.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....JPOBS

With over 120 million fanbase from last gen it should be selling much much better.

spence1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spence1988
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
Anyone with a sharper eye knows better - It already has good games that are worthy to play, and it has over a dozen more titles that seem promising that will be out before Christmas. The PS3 is a Far, Far Away from Dead.
blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
The PS3 isn't a year old. It still has a long life for devs to make interesting ideas for.
x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 x_boyfriend
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts

[QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]I'm not saying this because I'm a Xbox 360 fan but anyone who has a sharp eye can notice that the console is dying. I mean seriosly it has no good games or worthy to play (except Ninja Gaiden, Resistance) and PSN is not strong as XBL. Overall the price is the most shocking to the people who can't affrod that and already Sony fans. You can by an Xbox 360 Elite cheaper than a 20GB PS3. So Is it really dying? Or it will come back?!!azad_champ

It's funny how it is a Lem saying that PS3 will die. The reason why no games have been released lately is because it's summer and beginning end of August the game drought will end.

Ah, I thought everyone agreed it was 08

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bezaire2005

The PS3 isn't a year old. It still has a long life for devs to make interesting ideas for.blizzvalve

...and it has already discontinued 2 sku'sand price dropped the remaining stock of the 60gb version...not exactly a huge show of confidence from Sony.

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
[QUOTE="azad_champ"]

[QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]I'm not saying this because I'm a Xbox 360 fan but anyone who has a sharp eye can notice that the console is dying. I mean seriosly it has no good games or worthy to play (except Ninja Gaiden, Resistance) and PSN is not strong as XBL. Overall the price is the most shocking to the people who can't affrod that and already Sony fans. You can by an Xbox 360 Elite cheaper than a 20GB PS3. So Is it really dying? Or it will come back?!!x_boyfriend

PS3 game drought ended last week.:|

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="azad_champ"]

[QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]I'm not saying this because I'm a Xbox 360 fan but anyone who has a sharp eye can notice that the console is dying. I mean seriosly it has no good games or worthy to play (except Ninja Gaiden, Resistance) and PSN is not strong as XBL. Overall the price is the most shocking to the people who can't affrod that and already Sony fans. You can by an Xbox 360 Elite cheaper than a 20GB PS3. So Is it really dying? Or it will come back?!!x_boyfriend

Reading up on both Lair and Heavenly Sword...it becomes painfully obvious that both games are not going to be very good.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....bezaire2005

With over 120 million fanbase from last gen it should be selling much much better.

You forget that many of those sales came from being on the market for seven years..

Once prices drop, better games come out and Blu-ray catches on, PlayStation 3 sales will naturally go up. Hell, right now even Sony are saying that PS2 is still the main focus. I know I keep saying this, but the PS3 can only be judged at the end of its' ten-year life cycle, just like the PS1 and PS2 before it.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....-Spock-

You forget that many of those sales came from being on the market for seven years..

Once prices drop, better games come out and Blu-ray catches on, PlayStation 3 sales will naturally go up. Hell, right now even Sony are saying that PS2 is still the main focus. I know I keep saying this, but the PS3 can only be judged at the end of its' ten-year life cycle, just like the PS1 and PS2 before it.

Well said. It's stupid judging a console only after eight months.

KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts

What is with this "wait till later on" mentality you all seem to posess? Do any of you actually live in the present or are you all futurebound.

When I buy a gaming platform, be it a 360, PS3, a Wii or a PC, I expect games to play. And because this is a race, having a handful of AA titles doesn't cut the mustard.

If the PS3 was behind the X360 for a year, they should have motivated themselves with a hard hitting launch. Instead we were struck with but not one AAA title and a shooter (in a sea of shooters) which whilst a great game in its own right, fails to justify its insane price.

There are no excuses, and there should be no more waiting. Not all of us enjoy sitting around playing games from last generation (which would could have done anyway) to bide time. Coming on to a year is long enough, and since all consoles are competing in the present, all the consoles should always be striving to deliver.

If Sony expects everyone to sit around whilst other platforms muster up AAA titles they are out of their minds.

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 legalize3
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

as long as god of war 3 isnt released ps3 is not dead see what i did there ? there are still plenty fo buetifull years to come for ps3

tell me what game do you have after mass effect to brag about ? fable ? or maybe banjo ?

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....bezaire2005

some of that fanbase have bought a 360, while other still rely on their PS2's
ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ForgottenDemon
So PS3 fans are attacking? It is scientific fact that PS3 is dying and it needs time to get things right
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
I'm not saying this because I'm a Xbox 360 fan but anyone who has a sharp eye can notice that the console is dying. I mean seriosly it has no good games or worthy to play (except Ninja Gaiden, Resistance) and PSN is not strong as XBL. Overall the price is the most shocking to the people who can't affrod that and already Sony fans. You can by an Xbox 360 Elite cheaper than a 20GB PS3. So Is it really dying? Or it will come back?!!ForgottenDemon
LOL at you! Seriously man the PS3 has only been out for 9 months. Its line up is everybit as good as the 360's was at this point last year. It wasnt until Gears cam out in November that the 360 really took off. As far as price goes, the 60 GB is still widely available at $499 which Imho for what you get out of the box with the PS3 is an absolute steal. Heck even at $600, the 80 GB is a great deal with Motorstorm packed in. As far as PSN goes, you cannot compare it to XBL right now, you have to compare to XBL when it was in its first 9 months of life. MS has had 6 years to get XBL to where it is right now and I really dont think PSn is bad at all. Sure, it could use some tweaks and improvements, but I think Sony has done a great job. I think if you recall, the PS2 did not have PSN. They had online play, but not anykind of centralized service. Lets wait to pass judement on the PS3 until after the holidays 2008. At that point it would be fair to make judgements as devs will have had ample time to know the workings of the PS3 and the games had better be looking and performing incredibly. Year one of a consoles life is not the time to judge it!!
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

People said the samething when PS2 first came out

and we were stuck with playing The Bouncer.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ragek1ll589
So PS3 fans are attacking? It is scientific fact that PS3 is dying and it needs time to get things rightForgottenDemon

so much for you not being a 360 fan
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 legalize3
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

What is with this "wait till later on" mentality you all seem to posess? Do any of you actually live in the present or are you all futurebound.

When I buy a gaming platform, be it a 360, PS3, a Wii or a PC, I expect games to play. And because this is a race, having a handful of AA titles doesn't cut the mustard.

If the PS3 was behind the X360 for a year, they should have motivated themselves with a hard hitting launch. Instead we were struck with but not one AAA title and a shooter (in a sea of shooters) which whilst a great game in its own right, fails to justify its insane price.

There are no excuses, and there should be no more waiting. Not all of us enjoy sitting around playing games from last generation (which would could have done anyway) to bide time. Coming on to a year is long enough, and since all consoles are competing in the present, all the consoles should always be striving to deliver.

If Sony expects everyone to sit around whilst other platforms muster up AAA titles they are out of their minds.

KirbyFan10101

lets see what you have to say after 2007 when your still replaying your mass effect for the next 2 years and jump on the xbox720 train...

playstation is always about the future.... that is what makes people exited

KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts
[QUOTE="KirbyFan10101"]

legalize3

lets see what you have to say after 2007 when your still replaying your mass effect for the next 2 years and jump on the xbox720 train...

playstation is always about the future.... that is what makes people exited

I have a better choice of games now, and i'll have a better choice of games for 08 as well. Paying for the "future" is not a consumer trend. People want to be entertained now. Thats why the Wii is doing a million a month.

ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ForgottenDemon

as long as god of war 3 isnt released ps3 is not dead see what i did there ? there are still plenty fo buetifull years to come for ps3

tell me what game do you have after mass effect to brag about ? fable ? or maybe banjo ?

legalize3

Mass Effect? Have seen Halo 3 and there are 2008 titles coming out for 360 expected to be hyped for example Halo Wars

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....ragek1ll589

Than obviously the ps3 isn't as big of a draw as it should be. If it was, than the ps3 would be on track to sell 120 million units.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Seckzy_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
It's doing horrible and Halo 3 is gonna kill. Every store I goto is taking pre orders even 7-11 which I just got back from was getting in on the Halo 3 pre orders:shock:
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
[QUOTE="ragek1ll589"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"]

Than obviously the ps3 isn't as big of a draw as it should be. If it was, than the ps3 would be on track to sell 120 million units.

It's been out for ten months.... ten months. How can anything be "on track" at this point? :|

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ragek1ll589
[QUOTE="ragek1ll589"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"]

But unlike Microsoft and Nintendo, Sony hasnt abandoned support for the PS2. People are still able to get by with there PS2 because new titles are still being released
bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="ragek1ll589"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....-Spock-

It's been out for ten months.... ten months. How can anything be "on track" at this point? :|

It should be selling enough that Sony doesnt have to go to a price drop in those TEN MONTHS. It shouldn't have been LAST among all consoles and handhelds in monthly sales earlier in the year.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bezaire2005
[QUOTE="bezaire2005"][QUOTE="ragek1ll589"][QUOTE="bezaire2005"]

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]its selling about as good as the 360 did over this portion of its life cycle....ragek1ll589

But unlike Microsoft and Nintendo, Sony hasnt abandoned support for the PS2. People are still able to get by with there PS2 because new titles are still being released

Good for them.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Seckzy_Gamer

Ps3 has a much brighter future than Xbox360. Realtop

Not really dude, you need to look at software sales which the 360 is beating both the Wii and Ps3

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
[QUOTE="legalize3"]

ForgottenDemon

Mass Effect? Have seen Halo 3 and there are 2008 titles coming out for 360 expected to be hyped for example Halo Wars

Fable floped in many people eyes! So to say that Fable is an automatic AAA is being very presumptuous! Banjo is coming from RARE who so far have been less than stellar since MS aquired them! Halo Wars is an RTS and wont appeal to the masses! PS3's 2008 line up is looking very favorable as long as KZ 2, MGS 4, GT 5 and others dont slip up somewhere!!
ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ForgottenDemon

It's doing horrible and Halo 3 is gonna kill. Every store I goto is taking pre orders even 7-11 which I just got back from was getting in on the Halo 3 pre orders:shock:Seckzy_Gamer

Especially when Halo 3 will be selling with new 360 buyers. You have to admit Microsoft wins the fight.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#36 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

[QUOTE="Realtop"]Ps3 has a much brighter future than Xbox360. Seckzy_Gamer

Not really dude, you need to look at software sales which the 360 is beating both the Wii and Ps3

and if you look at future line up in games, 360 doesn't look so hot.

PS2 started out slow too. MGS2 didn't come out for a full year after the launch if my memory serves me correctly and many of the games before that was fairly subpar.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a196f38f0e1
deactivated-61a196f38f0e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 deactivated-61a196f38f0e1
Member since 2005 • 4632 Posts

Actually man,since Nintendo starting shipping more Wiis, the Wii now has more sales than the 360 & Ps3, but yes the 360 has the most software sales only really because it has been out the longest.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Seckzy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Realtop"]Ps3 has a much brighter future than Xbox360. TriangleHard

and if you look at future line up in games, 360 doesn't look so hot.

PS2 started out slow too. MGS2 didn't come out for a full year after the launch if my memory serves me correctly and many of the games before that was fairly subpar.

Cause MGS and FF?

Two games are not going to save the Ps3 and you have no idea what MS has planned for 2008 which I'm sure is going to rival or even out do whatever the Ps3 has to offer

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Seckzy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Realtop"]Ps3 has a much brighter future than Xbox360. DarkChaoMan75

Actually man,since Nintendo starting shipping more Wiis, the Wii now has more sales than the 360 & Ps3, but yes the 360 has the most software sales only really because it has been out the longest.

Madden sold more on the 360 than any system this and last gen combined(meaning Ps2 etc, etc)

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

get with the times dude i just bought a 60 gig ps3 for 471 bucks after 10% off.

any fool willing to spend close to 500 bucks on something will know the ps3 is the better buy

here let me brake it down 4 ya

ps3 60 gig hd, i get a next gen gameing system+a next gen movie player for 471 bucks

360 elite i got a 360 with 120 gig hd no next gen movie player for about the same price now*

elite cost me 501 bucks when i bought 1 at launch.*but got my money back a month later b/c i was scared it would die on me in just over a year.

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkChaoMan75"][QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"]

Madden sold more on the 360 than any system this and last gen combined(meaning Ps2 etc, etc)

nope they said this gen counting only wii and ps3.i think they woulda touted the horn really loud if they beat the ps2 also
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

Nearly everyone i know owns a ps2 and is waiting for a price drop for the ps3. Also alot of them are waiting for games such as PES 2008. I think time will tell.

stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

[QUOTE="ForgottenDemon"]I'm not saying this because I'm a Xbox 360 fan but anyone who has a sharp eye can notice that the console is dying. I mean seriosly it has no good games or worthy to play (except Ninja Gaiden, Resistance) and PSN is not strong as XBL. Overall the price is the most shocking to the people who can't affrod that and already Sony fans. You can by an Xbox 360 Elite cheaper than a 20GB PS3. So Is it really dying? Or it will come back?!!TriangleHard

People said the samething when PS2 first came out

and we were stuck with playing The Bouncer.

I enjoyed the bouncer, although it might of been the leap from ps1 to ps2 that impressed me. Also i was very young

ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ForgottenDemon

Oh and did I mention BioShock?!! It is another killer game on 360... RPGs can't save PS3!

You just have to admit it! PS3 done worse than GBA and it is doing worse and worse which will make them close PS3 just as DreamCast Hahah

therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts

Bioshock got a 9/10 which isnt what people expected, every1 was 9.5/10 fo sho

... i woke up and came on gamespot and laughed at the score literally

ForgottenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ForgottenDemon

therealmcc0y

Do you only listen to GS?!! BioShock got 9.7/10 from IGN.

Ha! Do

ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts
It is far from dying.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

Oh and did I mention BioShock?!! It is another killer game on 360... RPGs can't save PS3!

You just have to admit it! PS3 done worse than GBA and it is doing worse and worse which will make them close PS3 just as DreamCast Hahah

ForgottenDemon

the ps3 is looking to have a great end on 2007 and an awesome 2008,I think alot will change after a few months.

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

Blind fanboy lulz!!! Blind... go do some research about the ps3 before talking out of your hat again :)

Also Bioshock is a pc game also >:)

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ragek1ll589
[QUOTE="therealmcc0y"]

ForgottenDemon

Do you only listen to GS?!! BioShock got 9.7/10 from IGN.

Ha! Do

GS scores are the only scores which count on these forums

maybe you should be on IGN's forums