Proof that Sony didn't COPY Nintendo's Mii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 pimperjones
Member since 2006 • 3116 Posts
Here's a link to a post made early 2005 at Playstation.com verifying that Sony's HOME was in the works way before Mii was ever announced. http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=14848 "SCEA and SOE are developing MMORPG(something similiar to ffxi) style online service for PS3 right now. It will have online pack which it comes with HDD and the online software. You can go online and chat with people like mmorpg style. Your stats will have the list of games you have and scores(or ranks) for each game, and other great things. And if you want to look for someone to play online for certain game, you have to go to this certain area(or town) for that specific game or the game will automatically takes you to that town. Sony thinks "hyper links" technology is a history. They want to create a "virtual world" for PS3 online service where people can actually interact eachother like mmorpg style. There are more great details, but this is all I can get for now. I'm not expecting you to believe me " 06-03-2005
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
Yeah, this isn't like the SixAxis. Something like PSHome takes way too much work and years of dev time to complete. Sony only stole the SixAxis, but not Home.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts

Whoever thinks they r the same are blind fanboys. the Mii is a undetailed cartoonish character that walks around doing nothing.

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

Whoever thinks they r the same are blind fanboys. the Mii is a undetailed cartoonish character that walks around doing nothing.

GsSanAndreas
and it still completely dominated PS3's launch.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Lol righhtttt... they had the motion sensing idea fomr way before too. Haha, naive people are funny/
Illumination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Illumination
Member since 2005 • 2109 Posts
[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Here's a link to a post made early 2005 at Playstation.com verifying that Sony's HOME was in the works way before Mii was ever announced. http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=14848 "SCEA and SOE are developing MMORPG(something similiar to ffxi) style online service for PS3 right now. It will have online pack which it comes with HDD and the online software. You can go online and chat with people like mmorpg style. Your stats will have the list of games you have and scores(or ranks) for each game, and other great things. And if you want to look for someone to play online for certain game, you have to go to this certain area(or town) for that specific game or the game will automatically takes you to that town. Sony thinks "hyper links" technology is a history. They want to create a "virtual world" for PS3 online service where people can actually interact eachother like mmorpg style. There are more great details, but this is all I can get for now. I'm not expecting you to believe me " 06-03-2005

You're right sony didnt steal home from Nintendo. Huh? Where did that come from? Even I won't stoop to that lol.  Ultimitly Home is self-defeating & useless but thats another topic (how many casual gamer sare gonna be pissed when they find out they have to supply their OWN headset & keybaord for itneracting with home at their own cost out of THEIR pockets to use sonys 'free' service.

Btw, as soon as I saw the but baout ads & microtransactions Iwas like"pass! This stinx!"
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 magus-21
Lol righhtttt... they had the motion sensing idea fomr way before too. Haha, naive people are funny/themyth01
They had the idea for it, but they never implemented it until Nintendo announced the Wiimote. One of the student groups in my senior project class in college put together a fully functional motion-sensing controller in less than four months, and we were only undergraduates. I'm sure Sony's multi-degree holding engineers could do the same in half the time. Yet when they showed off Warhawk at E3, the Warhawk devs had only had it for a week? Yeah, right, that's convincing.
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
Lol righhtttt... they had the motion sensing idea fomr way before too. Haha, naive people are funny/themyth01

Did you even read the article that was linked...?

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
   You can read it right there, man.  Don't be jealous that Sony has something very appealing and they're finally catchin up to Live with their service.
Mikerules868

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mikerules868
Member since 2004 • 2153 Posts
LOl!!! Are you serious? First it was "sony didnt copy the motion sensing: now its "sony didnt copy Nintendo's Mii" whats next? Sony didnt copy the Achievements?
Mikerules868

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mikerules868
Member since 2004 • 2153 Posts
[
[QUOTE="themyth01"] Lol righhtttt... they had the motion sensing idea fomr way before too. Haha, naive people are funny/asdasd

Did you even read the article that was linked...?

Yeah, take info from a Fourm. Especially a PLAYSTATION.COM fourm.
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pimperjones
Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 magus-21
Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.pimperjones
Sony had a corporate spy inside Nintendo's executive ranks! :o
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pimperjones
[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.magus-21

No I think its the opposite way around, Nintendo had a spy in SCE and they stole the bulk of the design concepts for HOME, but because the Wii was too slow to handle the real deal, they settled on making a crappier version instead.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

GsSanAndreas

And it still completely destroyed the PS3 at launch.

glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="pimperjones"]Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.pimperjones

No I think its the opposite way around, Nintendo had a spy in SCE and they stole the bulk of the design concepts for HOME, but because the Wii was too slow to handle the real deal, they settled on making a crappier version instead.

I really hope you're sarcastic...

thehiddendoubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thehiddendoubt
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts

Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.pimperjones

"Microsoft is going to team up w/ Sony to beat the Wii"

See, I can speculate myself! It doesn't make it true, but your "one ounce of proof" isn't much more credible than my 1st statement.

They're both forum posts, if you don't understand.

I do believe you have been owned sir.

laststep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 laststep
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
Sony will pay for betraying the gaming community
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pimperjones

[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.thehiddendoubt

See, I can speculate myself! It doesn't make it true, but your "one ounce of proof" isn't much more credible than my 1st statement.

Yeah but this was a statement made over 2 years ago, If I could accurately predict the JackPot Number of the lottery then when my prediction comes true it's no longer just a statment but it becomes fact. I hope that wasn't over your head. It's a simple matter of logic. most statements are derived from some form of fact or logic and if time shows them to be true then they become fact. Im sure E=MC2 from Einstein was at one point simply a notion a guess but an educated one at that, but once proven it becomes fact.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

The cruel reality

1) Sony Owns the gaming industry

2) actually they copied both , the motion sensing and the miis

3) No one can stop us NO ONE , Company's like Nintendo are nothing more than lesser allys in a big war against strong enemy's like MS___!

4) Sony can not be stoped by ANYONE :twisted: ,----(Evil Laugh)----

laststep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 laststep
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
Sony shall burn in hell
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
Saying Sony stole Miis is just stupid.  PSHome is nothing like Miis.  The Miis are cartoon people you can use in certain games.  PSHome dudes are avatars for....well, PSHome.  And they're realistic.
thehiddendoubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thehiddendoubt
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts
[QUOTE="thehiddendoubt"]

[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.pimperjones

Yeah but this was a statement made over 2 years ago, If I could accurately predict the JackPot Number of the lottery then when my prediction comes true it's no longer just a statment but it becomes fact. I hope that wasn't over your head. It's a simple matter of logic. most statements are derived from some form of fact or logic and if time shows them to be true then they become fact. Im sure E=MC2 from Einstein was at one point simply a notion a guess but an educated one at that, but once proven it becomes fact.

I am aware of that, but as you know, humans will make predictions, like the poster on the link. Many SW posters predict games will flop (ie. Motorstorm and Twilight Princess), but since the poster on your link refused to give his source when asked for it, there is no proof that he is a sony employee. There's an overwhelming chance that it was just a lucky guess. Unless if you can find a Sony press release or statement from back then, then in my eyes it will be a lucky guess by a random person.

Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts

GsSanAndreas
That's false. In theory, Mii's can do more than what PSH can do.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
LOl!!! Are you serious? First it was "sony didnt copy the motion sensing: now its "sony didnt copy Nintendo's Mii" whats next? Sony didnt copy the Achievements?Mikerules868
Sony didn't copy motion-sensing, and in fact developed it before Nintendo. http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Sony_GripMote_in_the_works_before_the_Wiimote Sony didn't copy the Miis either, as proven here. As for acheivements, who knows?
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pimperjones
[QUOTE="pimperjones"][QUOTE="thehiddendoubt"]

[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Now all the Wii Fanboys can STFU because one ounce of proof is worth a ton of BS. I'd like to see a single Wii fanboy try to go up against this proof.thehiddendoubt

I am aware of that, but as you know, humans will make predictions, like the poster on the link. Many SW posters predict games will flop (ie. Motorstorm and Twilight Princess), but since the poster on your link refused to give his source when asked for it, there is no proof that he is a sony employee. There's an overwhelming chance that it was just a lucky guess. Unless if you can find a Sony press release or statement from back then, then in my eyes it will be a lucky guess by a random person.

Then I guess Einsteins theory of relativity was also just a lucky guess, sure he ended up being right but hey who's to say that it wasn't just a shot in the dark. You do realize that in press unlike science it's against the rules to give out your sources, if the person had indeed guessed then thats one hell of guess. I'm more inclined to believe that Einstein guessed his theory, than this guy. Believe what you will, but your arguments sounds like it's contorted by the mind of a Wii fanboy.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
How many times do I have to say this, they aren't the same, so in no way either were copied/copied themselves. Mii = Games mainly. Home = Community Feature
diablofan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 diablofan02
Member since 2005 • 1461 Posts

LOl!!! Are you serious? First it was "sony didnt copy the motion sensing: now its "sony didnt copy Nintendo's Mii" whats next? Sony didnt copy the Achievements?Mikerules868

man what is it with you guys and copying... ya its possible that sony just copyed nintendo for both things...but does that matter AT ALL??  if sony made a huge halo rip off wich used almost the same level designs and gameplay but the game got perfect scores from every review site there is would it be a crap game because sony copyed microsoft, no its just a reason for morons to hate sony