Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

[Dualshockers] Source

PC is obviously the way to go if your able to. Though the PS4 version isn't too bad.

Q. We’ve also had a number of questions on how we take our screenshots too – do we use some special photo mode or trick that only the development team have access to? Or were they taken on PC really or captured at a huge resolution and scaled down?

A. The answer is no to all the above – all screenshots are taken just like you’ll be able to in the final game… by simply pausing and snapping away.

Exclusive Xbox One Screenshot:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

Graphics are pretty cool.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Is this what pc gamers pay 1k for?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@ladyblue said:

they could pay that, more than that, or less than that.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@ladyblue said:

lol not only that but they can't even play all of the amazing console exclusives like GTA 5, red dead redemption, mario galaxy...the list goes on. pc gaming sucks shit, and apple is better at being computers. HAHA

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@ladyblue said:

lol not only that but they can't even play all of the amazing console exclusives like GTA 5, red dead redemption, mario galaxy...the list goes on. pc gaming sucks shit, and apple is better at being computers. HAHA

Wait I'm confused. Which one of these can you play on your PS4? Don't flatter yourself, I have a 360 and have played the first 2 games you mentioned. The third is widely available on emulators for PC. If you consider those amazing, I don't think you know how to have fun. Why is it whenever a thread comes up that has NOTHING to do with bashing PC or PS4, as long as PC gets mentioned, the SAME 3 people come here with the same "i like console exclusives and I've never tried PC gaming therefore PCs suck" argument?

It's ok though. We've already seen in the Console vs PC poll that you guys are just a very vocal, albeit ignorant and misguided, minority. Regardless, considering your belief in Macs as better computers and not just overpriced, over advertised garbage, on top of your preference of consoles, I question your technological literacy. Do you use Bing and Yahoo Mail too?

On topic: Impressed what the PS4 has to offer. However, considering the PS4 came out a few months ago, I'd be disappointed if it brought any less.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

PS4 version has stop sign shaped headlights and tail lights in some of those pics.

Other than that they look pretty similar.

Lack of tessellation maybe?

Edit: Actually the cockpit view in the f1 car has a noticeably worse looking environment.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@ladyblue said:

Wait I'm confused. Which one of these can you play on your PS4? Don't flatter yourself, I have a 360 and have played the first 2 games you mentioned. The third is widely available on emulators for PC. If you consider those amazing, I don't think you know how to have fun. Why is it whenever a thread comes up that has NOTHING to do with bashing PC or PS4, as long as PC gets mentioned, the SAME 3 people come here with the same "i like console exclusives more therefore PCs suck" argument?

It's ok though. We've already seen in the Console vs PC poll that you guys are just a very vocal, albeit ignorant and misguided, minority. Regardless, considering your belief in Macs as better computers and not just overpriced, over advertised garbage, on top of your preference of consoles, I question your technological literacy. Do you use Bing and Yahoo Mail too?

On topic: Impressed what the PS4 has to offer. However, considering the PS4 came out a few months ago, I'd be disappointed if it brought any less.

Man you talk lots. Bit of a moaner.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@melonfarmerz: haha! look! he's back for more!

damn. my memories of his cop out are still so vivid.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@ladyblue said:

Wait, why can't I play those?

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

PC looks BEASTLY.. but the PS4 version looks teh sexy! oh and for the XBO version...

http://cdn.niketalk.com/f/fd/fdb30378_DaveChappelleLaugh.gif

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Don't mess with him man. He retired at the age of 30 remember?! You can tell because he spends his time trolling on the internet and when he's proven wrong, he pretends he was just joking with you. That's what most successful people do right? He's also probably really jacked. And has four model girlfriends. If we trace our jobs up high enough, we probably all work for @highking_kallor.

BasedKingKallor?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@kipsta77 said:

[Dualshockers] Source

PC is obviously the way to go if your able to. Though the PS4 version isn't too bad.

LOL @ Xbone screenshot.

PS4 version holds up pretty well, I'm impressed.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Too bad some of the PS4 pictures have been tampered with... look at the tires in the first pic... if that wasn't tampered with then the game either is further along for the PC.

The PC version likely looks slightly better either way, but I'm not buying that photoshop hack job... looks like someone threw a mosaic on the wheel bases to blend colors... not buying it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Holy shit, that's a drastic difference. There are like half of the shaders missing in the PS4 version. Reflections are completely muddy and the lighting is really washed out. I'd say Gran Turismo 6 in photo mode comes close to the PS4 version.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Far superior on PC . Not surprised , since devs themselves said that PS4 CPU is pretty weak compared to PC .

Still looks pretty good though .

http://ps4apex.com/ps4-cpu-quite-slow-compared-to-pc-says-project-cars-developer-analysis-info/

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Holy shit, that's a drastic difference. There are like half of the shaders missing in the PS4 version. Reflections are completely muddy and the lighting is really washed out. I'd say Gran Turismo 6 in photo mode comes close to the PS4 version.

#Reaching.

Drive club looks better than this to me, especially in regards to it's environments. Some of the screens and gifs out there just blow my mind for that title.

This doesn't look too bad tho.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OhSnapitz

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yet , another game superior on PC . Not surprised , since devs themselves said that PS4 CPU is very weak . Still looks pretty good though .

http://ps4apex.com/ps4-cpu-quite-slow-compared-to-pc-says-project-cars-developer-analysis-info/

“It’s been challenging splitting the renderer further across threads in an even more fine-grained manner – even splitting already-small tasks into 2-3ms chunks. The single-core speed is quite slow compared to a high-end PC though so splitting across cores is essential.

..don't know of too many "high end" PC's that you can purchase for $400. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Will this be 1080p/60fps on PS4?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_imperium

@OhSnapitz said:

“It’s been challenging splitting the renderer further across threads in an even more fine-grained manner – even splitting already-small tasks into 2-3ms chunks. The single-core speed is quite slow compared to a high-end PC though so splitting across cores is essential.

..don't know of too many "high end" PC's that you can purchase for $400. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dude , I never said anything related to price . The fact is Xbox 360's cost was pretty decent back in 2005 and it was comparable to Top of the line PCs . This time that is not the case , which is a bit disappointment . As far as price goes , with taxes and PSN , PS4 costs around 500 bucks . Gamespot had an article where they build PC for 500 bucks that performed better than PS4 . That price tag also includes price of HDD , Windows , Taxes etc . If you already own Windows and HDD from your current PC , it costs 400 bucks .

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OhSnapitz

@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Dude , I never said anything related to price . The fact is Xbox 360's cost was pretty decent back in 2005 and it was comparable to Top of the line PCs . This time that is not the case , which is a bit disappointment . As far as price goes , with taxes and PSN , PS4 costs around 500 bucks . Gamespot had an article where they build PC for 500 bucks that performed better than PS4 . That price tag also includes price of HDD , Windows , Taxes etc . If you already own Windows and HDD from your current PC , it costs 400 bucks .

You didn't have to say anything about price.. but when comparing a High End Gaming PC to a $400 console, you have to consider the cost comparison.

..oh and that PC GS put together was NOT $500. It was $565 and missing an HDMI cord (extra $5-10). They even admitted that you couldn't put together a gaming PC that would trump the PS4 for $400.

$570-575 DOES NOT EQUAL $400 my friend.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

You didn't have to say anything about price.. but when comparing a High End Gaming PC to a $400 console, you have to consider the cost comparison.

..oh and that PC GS put together was NOT $500. It was $565 and missing an HDMI cord (extra $5-10). They even admitted that you couldn't put together a gaming PC that would trump the PS4 for $400.

You were expecting him to know math at an elementary level?

That's just too much.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

That's just too much.

@OhSnapitz : As I said my friends , without OS , Taxes and HDD , it costs around 400 bucks . When you say PS4 is 400 bucks , you are not including taxes and PSN .

@ReadingRainbow4 : So you are good at Maths .? Then tell me how much it costs when paying for PSN for entire generation .?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ReadingRainbow4

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

That's just too much.

@OhSnapitz : As I said my friends , without OS , Taxes and HDD , it costs around 400 bucks . When you say PS4 is 400 bucks , you are not including taxes and PSN .

@ReadingRainbow4 : So you are good at Maths .? Then tell me how much it costs when paying for PSN for entire generation .?

Why in the world would you not include an HDD? Without one your pc isn't even going to run.

Same goes for the OS, all this shit is vital.

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@kipsta77 said:

[Dualshockers] Source

LOL @ Xbone screenshot.

PS4 version holds up pretty well, I'm impressed.

at lest the xbox isn't a fog station.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OhSnapitz

@Cloud_imperium said:

My friend Most people don't have a copy of Windows or a HDD just lying around. I know a lot of people who own Laptops, which would make your HDD argument irrelevant.

Secondly, if we're adding variables to the equation.. My brother just happen to give me a $100 gift card.. there goes the first 2 yrs of PSN+. Oh and Normally PSN+ and XBLG go on sale during black friday ($25-30) it's been that way for the last 3-4 years.. So I guess that's 3 yrs of PSN+ (or Live Gold).

Let's not add and subtract things to support weaksauce arguments.. k.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

That's just too much.

Why in the world would you not include an HDD? Without one your pc isn't even going to run.

As I said my friend . You can already have OS and HDD , just like I do . You can use that from your existing PC , if you are low on budget .So you can save 100-150 bucks more .

If you don't have those things already then price point is going to be higher but same can be said about paying for taxes and PSN when using PS4 . It is not that hard to understand my friend . Then there are game prices to consider as well .

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SrgtSaggy101

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

That's just too much.

As I said my friend . You can already have OS and HDD , just like I do . You can use that from your existing PC , if you are low on budget .So you can save 100-150 bucks more .

If you don't have those things already then price point is going to be higher but same can be said about paying for taxes and PSN when using PS4 . It is not that hard to understand my friend . Then there are game prices to consider as well .

just include playstation+ and that will be more then the entire pc during this gen.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

My friend Most people don't have a copy of Windows or a HDD just lying around. I know a lot of people who own Laptops, which would make your HDD argument irrelevant.

Secondly, if we're adding variables to the equation.. My brother just happen to give me a $100 gift card.. there goes the first 2 yrs of PSN+. Oh and Normally PSN+ and XBLG go on sale during black friday ($25-30) it's been that way for the last 3-4 years.. So I guess that's 3 yrs of PSN+ (or Live Gold).

Exactly, since you did it I'm not even going to bother answering his bullshit response. Thank you.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Both look pretty good.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cloud_imperium
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Exactly, since you did it I'm not even going to bother answering his bullshit response. Thank you.

Because you have nothing more to say my friend .

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OhSnapitz

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

..did I mention I won a $100 from a scratch and win lotto ticket? Subtract that from the PS4 cost and I only paid $300 for it. Can you beat that?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

PS4 version looks very good to me. I have never bought a racing game so I will never see for myself.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

..did I mention I won a $100 from a scratch and win lotto ticket? Subtract that from the PS4 cost and I only paid $300 for it. Can you beat that?

As you said my friend "My friend Most people don't have a copy of Windows or a HDD just lying around" , I would say "Even less people win 100$ from a scratch and win lotto ticket" . And no , adding gif at the end of the comment doesn't help . PS4 with taxes and PSN costs a lot more than 400 bucks , fact .

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Pretty noticeable difference.

Also, lol at the x1 version

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

As you said my friend "My friend Most people don't have a copy of Windows or a HDD just lying around" , I would say "Even less people win 100$ from a scratch and win lotto ticket" . And no , adding gif at the end of the comment doesn't help . PS4 with taxes and PSN costs a lot more than 400 bucks , fact .

Sorry, but you just got shit on.

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SrgtSaggy101

Its 500 bucks for a ps4 with a game including tax then you want psn also.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Both seem quite good. Primary differences seem to be the level of reflections and overall lighting quality. I doubt I'll ever get into the game though. The last racing game I ever really liked was FZERO GX.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yet , another game superior on PC . Not surprised , since devs themselves said that PS4 CPU is very weak . Still looks pretty good though .

Any Intel CPU from the last 6 years offers large gains in IPC compared to console... so yes you could get sub $400 PC's with CPU's that have a higher IPC then what the consoles offer.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scatteh316

On another note PS4 version looks rough.... This game is old now anyway so consolites can have the scraps...

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts
@Cloud_imperium said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

they are dotish consolites cloud, so just ignore them.. Apparently none of them use their playstation online and that none will own it for atleast 4 years..

4 years = +$200 to the $400 price tag making it a $600 console for a next gen experience. Call us pc gamers when we have to pay for online lol.. They just dont get it.

Some guy is talking about some lotto ticket as if thats some valid argument lol..

All cloud was doing was pointing out the fact that if you do already have an Operating system, then you can just transfer that to your new system and save $100.. If you already own a hard drive then you can save there as well. He wasnt saying everybody in general already has an OS and a harddrive. Some fool talked about laptops.. Well he is infact a fool.. Who the hell games on a laptop? If you want to pay lots and lots of money for the mobile versions of GPUS on those overheating laptops, then be my guest. WASTEEEEEEEE of money.

Let them just be Cloud. Ignorant consolites .

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

i see no major difference and this is the reason why people buy 1K cards... LMAO

did not read this thread, but i can imagine those salty hermits

that slow ass pci-e strikes again

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@lunar1122: Well said .

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 highking_kallor

@melonfarmerz: You seem bitter. Still living in the past. Good luck with that. Bites every time. Melons not selling today? PM if still want that job.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 highking_kallor

@CrownKingArthur: @melonfarmerz: You seem bitter. Still living in the past. Good luck with that. Bites every time. Melons not selling today? PM if still want that job.

Don't forget the interwebz is serious stuff.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By scatteh316

@lglz1337 said:

i see no major difference and this is the reason why people buy 1K cards... LMAO

did not read this thread, but i can imagine those salty hermits

that slow ass pci-e strikes again

Been playing project cars for ever on a single 7970 at 2560x1440 with locked 60fps, MSAA and AF and that is no where near a 1K card sonny jim..

But keep crying your tears taste awesome!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@scatteh316: bbbbbut the consoles have tablet cpu no way ps4 can run this game

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By highking_kallor

@CrownKingArthur: Get off the drugs

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Most games are better on PC, this trend will never end.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By highking_kallor

@melonfarmerz said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Don't mess with him man. He retired at the age of 30 remember?! You can tell because he spends his time trolling on the internet and when he's proven wrong, he pretends he was just joking with you. That's what most successful people do right? He's also probably really jacked. And has four model girlfriends. If we trace our jobs up high enough, we probably all work for @highking_kallor.

BasedKingKallor?

Oh don't forget im your biological father also.