Polygon GTA V review - 7/10

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

AZfUQwV.png

Flop confirmed

#2 Posted by Sollet (7338 posts) -
First Dragon's Crown and now GTAV... I am not even a GTA-fan, I don't even care for the series but... I find this "trend" Polygon is starting rather retarded. B-b-but Mysgonist games!! Let's give it a poor rating! DERP! Piss off really.
#3 Posted by RedentSC (603 posts) -

AZfUQwV.png

Flop confirmed

FLOPPAGE_50
wow... did not expect this
#4 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

TSHBO

#5 Posted by Majistrate (316 posts) -

Marking a game down for NOT doing something it never claimed it would do, marking it down for staying true to it's predessors, marking it down for being a current gen game...what an absolute waste of a review site.

#6 Posted by Slashkice (13046 posts) -

I can't tell if it's fake because it reads exactly like something Polygon would write.

#7 Posted by bobbetybob (19164 posts) -

I can't tell if it's fake because it reads exactly like something Polygon would write.

Slashkice
That's the joke
#8 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
lol polygon... might as well get a fanboy like percech to review it.
#9 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

Even GTA IV sucked imo.

#11 Posted by nutcrackr (12454 posts) -
the guy writing this fake review could have tried a bit harder
#12 Posted by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -
It is fake.
#13 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
I can just picture the far ugly feminist who wrote this review.
#14 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I read the text of the article. 

Reminds of someone once who wrote a review of a vaginal birth. They slandered it, because it contained a vaginal birth of a human, which they deemed disgusting. 

Tasteless or not, this is an inappropriate way to review this particular game as it's content has been chosen purposefully. I understand the sentiments of this reviewer, but they're crazy. They are using their position as a reviewer to soapbox. Saying what publishers / developers should / shouldn't put on their boxes - they're insane. 

The type of people who play GTA probably want to know more about things like the vehicle handling, behaviour of NPCs, types of guns, weapon realism on NPCs, campaign quality (but from someone sane), and so on; though I am only guessing as I am not interested in GTA5 at all.

Terrible review. And equality FTW. 

#15 Posted by McStrongfast (4263 posts) -
Good one.
#16 Posted by sts106mat (18904 posts) -
PS3 version confirmed inferior
#17 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

It is fake.AtariKidX

Obviously.

#18 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
ok, that's the PS3 version, where's the 360 version?
#19 Posted by ManatuBeard (935 posts) -

With the parameters they are using for the review, it seems a very fair score.

Im sure that other sites that wont focus so much in sexuality or story for their reviews will give higher scores.

It all depends on the point of view of the reviewer, and being subjective, it wont change your experience with the game.

#20 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20490 posts) -
I know its fake, but the sad thing is, I wouldnt be surprised if this is what Polygon actually posted lol.
#21 Posted by homeboylizard (1289 posts) -

Giving it a lower score for something it doesn't have...but never claimed that it will have? Reminds me of Google Play reviews!

#22 Posted by sukraj (22066 posts) -

Fake

#23 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
7 means game is good. and imo its too high knowing game looks bad
#24 Posted by sukraj (22066 posts) -

7 means game is good. and imo its too high knowing game looks badSNIPER4321

inb4sniper

#25 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]7 means game is good. and imo its too high knowing game looks badsukraj

inb4sniper

:|

#26 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -
considering how poor polygon's reviews tend to be and the fact they said SR4 is a better game just honestly makes me want to puke my guts up that was easily the worst game i've bought this year.
#27 Posted by LA-Nighthawk (5 posts) -
Why pick on Polygon? It's one of the better gaming sites right now, with great feature materials and their site is very pretty.
#28 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18352 posts) -
Wow a huge game world like GTA and thats all they have for their review? They need to really stop writing reviews, it told me absolutely nothing about the game. Worst review I've ever read.
#29 Posted by Martin_G_N (1698 posts) -
They are complaining about the characters not being females and homosexuals....that says everything about this review.
#30 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

So this is fake? With that SR4 touting at the end, I can't help but think that.

#31 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Wow a huge game world like GTA and thats all they have for their review? They need to really stop writing reviews, it told me absolutely nothing about the game. Worst review I've ever read.Rattlesnake_8
Because it's not real, :|
#32 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16293 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Wow a huge game world like GTA and thats all they have for their review? They need to really stop writing reviews, it told me absolutely nothing about the game. Worst review I've ever read.rjdofu

But even in that case it's really, really badly written. A last gen game looks last gen ? :|

#33 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Wow a huge game world like GTA and thats all they have for their review? They need to really stop writing reviews, it told me absolutely nothing about the game. Worst review I've ever read.R4gn4r0k

But even in that case it's really, really badly written. A last gen game looks last gen ? :|

It's supposed to be badly written, lol. I mean, "misogyny", can't be more obvious that this is a spin at the Dragon Crown infamous review.
#34 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Wow a huge game world like GTA and thats all they have for their review? They need to really stop writing reviews, it told me absolutely nothing about the game. Worst review I've ever read.rjdofu

plus, it's called a "wrap up". it's not the whole review, it's the closing thoughts. but yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if the real review was similar.
#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16293 posts) -

It's supposed to be badly written, lol. I mean, "misogyny", can't be more obvious that this is a spin at the Dragon Crown infamous review.rjdofu

Oh yeah, never looked into that review and the response to it much. But if that's the case it's a pretty good parody :P

Polygon flopping this game would cause an even bigger outrage among gamers. Which is a damn shame, because people shouldn't focus so much on scores and just enjoy the game themselves.

#36 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Great review.

#37 Posted by TheEroica (13297 posts) -
Don't think I've ever read a more misguided review in my life... The stance on women made me wonder if this was fake?
#38 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20490 posts) -
Why pick on Polygon? It's one of the better gaming sites right now, with great feature materials and their site is very pretty. LA-Nighthawk
Dude, I think Polygon lost any and all respect after the Sim City debacle
#40 Posted by LA-Nighthawk (5 posts) -
[QUOTE="LA-Nighthawk"]Why pick on Polygon? It's one of the better gaming sites right now, with great feature materials and their site is very pretty. II_Seraphim_II
Dude, I think Polygon lost any and all respect after the Sim City debacle

No idea what that is.
#41 Posted by remiks00 (1692 posts) -

Retarded Reviewer detected.

dimitrispgr
1 post level 7? how in the hell? lol
#42 Posted by Netret0120 (2025 posts) -
Poor attempt at trolling. GTA5 will sell 10million copies on Day 1.
#43 Posted by bobbetybob (19164 posts) -
[QUOTE="Netret0120"]Poor attempt at trolling. GTA5 will sell 10million copies on Day 1.

Nah, 6-7million I think
#44 Posted by tastetheacidmil (737 posts) -
so what the reviewer wants is a politically correct grand theft auto game?
#45 Posted by MBirdy88 (7628 posts) -
Why the f*ck do sexist related stuff make it so big at the minute? WHY CANT SOME GAMES CATER TOWARDS MOSTLY MEN. fkin hell. lets ban all womans magazines shall we?
#46 Posted by Raziel831991 (460 posts) -

This review is clearly fake. Considering how much hype this game has there is no way they are giving this anything lower then a 9/10 and if it does have sexism like the other GTA games they will just overlook it. In fact I wouldnt be suprised if Rockstar already paid reviewers in order to get a high metacritc score for GTA V (In b4 Raziel831991 is a conspiracy theorist).

#47 Posted by TheEroica (13297 posts) -
so what the reviewer wants is a politically correct grand theft auto game?tastetheacidmil
... And male hookers.
#48 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
(In b4 Raziel831991 is a conspiracy theorist).Raziel831991
thats the problem of ppls in SW. they call me conspiracy theorist for not liking popular games and think there is bias in reviews. as they believe everyone is honest....
#49 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

[QUOTE="Raziel831991"] (In b4 Raziel831991 is a conspiracy theorist).SNIPER4321
thats the problem of ppls in SW. they call me conspiracy theorist for not liking popular games and think there is bias in reviews. as they believe everyone is honest....

We call you conspiracy theorist because you don't have any actual proof for shit like the Illuminati, while everything points to it being disbanded 2 centuries ago.

#50 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Raziel831991"] (In b4 Raziel831991 is a conspiracy theorist).Lumpy311

We call you conspiracy theorist because you don't have any actual proof for shit like the Illuminati, while everything points to it being disbanded 2 centuries ago.

there were never disbanded. disbanded one was different organization to show world that its disbanded. to counter it. so they can do the work and ppls will think they are not exist anymore..