Pokemon X,Y has more ways to level up faster

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Nintendo confirms Pokemon X and Y will have more ways to level up, some of the new ways introduced such as:

• In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, your Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught, according to a summary of the interview on Bulbagarden. Caught Pokémon will give the same amount of EXP as defeated Pokémon.
  • the item Exp. Share will provide experience to all Pokémon in the party, not just the one that participated in battle. The participating Pokémon will receive 100% of the total EXP, while non-participating Pokémon will receive 50% each.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/25/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-make-levelling-easier/#1pmZzphmOe2Lq67C.99

Some pretty good stuff, game gets better everyday :D

Pokemon_X_ja_Y.jpg

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Honestly I have no issue with that. But I'm waiting for the "hardcore" players to come in here and start whining.

TigerSpiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 TigerSpiderman
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
They are going to make this game EASIER!?
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Hell yes. I hate grinding so this is great. The first one is basically nothing since wild pokemon tend to barely give out XP anyway. The XP share is superb though, and since it's optional no one can bitch about it.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 turtlethetaffer

Hell yes. I hate grinding so this is great. The first one is basically nothing since wild pokemon tend to barely give out XP anyway. The XP share is superb though, and since it's optional no one can bitch about it.tagyhag

The first games are objectively the worst games in the series.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Too bad levleing with teh EXP share is terrible for EV training unless you switch the other pokes in anyway. :( 

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Hell yes. I hate grinding so this is great. The first one is basically nothing since wild pokemon tend to barely give out XP anyway. The XP share is superb though, and since it's optional no one can bitch about it.turtlethetaffer

Ohh, most definately. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Hell yes. I hate grinding so this is great. The first one is basically nothing since wild pokemon tend to barely give out XP anyway. The XP share is superb though, and since it's optional no one can bitch about it.Jonwh18

Ohh, most definately. 

Glad someone agrees.  I can understand the nostalgia value, but as far as technicality goes, it's objectively the worst. Gold/ Silver/ Crystal improved on it so much that the originals are obsolete apart from nostalgia boners.  Not saying they are bad but people who act like they;re the best in the series are just fooling themselves.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Hell yes. I hate grinding so this is great. The first one is basically nothing since wild pokemon tend to barely give out XP anyway. The XP share is superb though, and since it's optional no one can bitch about it.turtlethetaffer

O...kay? :P
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

turtlethetaffer

Ohh, most definately. 

Glad someone agrees.  I can understand the nostalgia value, but as far as technicality goes, it's objectively the worst. Gold/ Silver/ Crystal improved on it so much that the originals are obsolete apart from nostalgia boners.  Not saying they are bad but people who act like they;re the best in the series are just fooling themselves.

When people say they're the best in the series, they are judging the games based off of the respective era's they were launched in and how much innovation was brought to the table or how revolutionary it was for the time etc... With each generation, there's series fatigue so that even if a game technically improves on it in every way, if those improvements aren't good enough to give you as fresh and rewarding of an experience as the original when it first released, then it doesn't deserve to be considered a better game.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#11 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
My god, stop Game Freak. While I'll admit the EXP boost made the campaign more fun, it made the post-game too easy and made me really regret transferring my old Pokemon up generations. Leave it at Gen 4's level.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Hell yes. I hate grinding so this is great. The first one is basically nothing since wild pokemon tend to barely give out XP anyway. The XP share is superb though, and since it's optional no one can bitch about it.tagyhag

You mentioned how meager the first games were with EXP. just thought I'd mention it in general.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] Ohh, most definately. 

Silenthps

When people say they're the best in the series, they are judging the games based off of the respective era's they were launched in and how much innovation was brought to the table or how revolutionary it was for the time etc... With each generation, there's series fatigue so that even if a game technically improves on it in every way, if those improvements aren't good enough to give you as fresh and rewarding of an experience as the original when it first released, then it doesn't deserve to be considered a better game.

The same could be applied to every game series.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

• the item Exp. Share will provide experience to all Pokémon in the party, not just the one that participated in battle. The participating Pokémon will receive 100% of the total EXP, while non-participating Pokémon will receive 50% each.

finalstar2007

Not pleased with this one. This will make EV training a lot more cumbersome.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

You mentioned how meager the first games were with EXP. just thought I'd mention it in general.

First is the first item listed.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"] O...kay? :PBlabadon

First is the first item listed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Yes, this is all good stuff.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Sounds great
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

So they made the easiest JRPG even easier? :lol:

Funny as hell but it's Pokemon. There is no difficult in the main game to begin with.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HarlockJC

Funny as hell but it's Pokemon. There is no difficult in the main game to begin with.

FlamesOfGrey
You don't have to use the item if you don't want to.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

HarlockJC

I'm just saying if there's one JRPG that doesn't need anything to make it easier it's Pokemon. Since Red & Blue, I haven't had any problem with any of the games. Only challenge comes from competitive battles.
Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
Sounds greatHarlockJC
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I'm just saying if there's one JRPG that doesn't need anything to make it easier it's Pokemon. Since Red & Blue, I haven't had any problem with any of the games. Only challenge comes from competitive battles.

Now you trying to read something into my comments. I said it's an item, which means you have a choice if you want to use it or not. If you upset with how easy or hard the game is, you also have a choice to not play it. I can agree the game is rather easy, but I play to collect the pokemons. I do like the idea of having grid less to see the higher evolutions of some pokemon.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

That's good, grinding sucks.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I'm just saying if there's one JRPG that doesn't need anything to make it easier it's Pokemon. Since Red & Blue, I haven't had any problem with any of the games. Only challenge comes from competitive battles.

Now you trying to read something into my comments. I said it's an item, which means you have a choice if you want to use it or not. If you upset with how easy or hard the game is, you also have a choice to not play it. I can agree the game is rather easy, but I play to collect the pokemons. I do like the idea of having grid less to see the higher evolutions of some pokemon.

I know what the item is and that it's optional. Exp. Share has been around for a long time in the games and I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue. I still think it's funny that they're tweaking Exp Share to make the game easier regardless.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

FlamesOfGrey

I'm just saying if there's one JRPG that doesn't need anything to make it easier it's Pokemon. Since Red & Blue, I haven't had any problem with any of the games. Only challenge comes from competitive battles.

Yes becuase grinding is hard right? It's such a challenge? No it's just a time sink that artifically lengthens a game. The only hard thing about grinding is watching the hours go by as you waste you time. 

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"] You don't have to use the item if you don't want to. Jonwh18

Yes becuase grinding is hard right? It's such a challenge? No it's just a time sink that artifically lengthens a game. The only hard thing about grinding is watching the hours go by as you waste you time. 

Yes, grinding is hard in JRPGs that have high levels of difficulty. Pokemon does not.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I'm just saying if there's one JRPG that doesn't need anything to make it easier it's Pokemon. Since Red & Blue, I haven't had any problem with any of the games. Only challenge comes from competitive battles.FlamesOfGrey

Yes, grinding is hard in JRPGs that have high levels of difficulty. Pokemon does not.

We must play different games then, (which I find hard to beleive since you own every game ever)  because I just find grinding boring as heck. 

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] Yes becuase grinding is hard right? It's such a challenge? No it's just a time sink that artifically lengthens a game. The only hard thing about grinding is watching the hours go by as you waste you time. 

Jonwh18

We must play different games then, (which I find hard to beleive since you own every game ever)  because I just find grinding boring as heck. 

Alot of JRPGs especially First Person Dungeon Crawlers have tough grinding. This is especially true for alot of older games like Wizardry and the earlier SMT games. Modern JRPGs seem to be getting easier by the year to appeal to a more mainstream userbase. If you played alot of games from the late 80's and 90's you'd have to grind and have face tough battles while grinding up until a certain level. Games like Pokemon are just cake and you really don't even need to grind much at all for the main game if you use the type advantages.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
i love grinding i won't be using the item
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Just give us the VS seeker key item, and I will forever love this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Just give us the VS seeker key item, and I will forever love this game.bbkkristian
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#33 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Good, training is fun when you're doing the campaign but a pain in the ass all other times.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cain006

I know what the item is and that it's optional. Exp. Share has been around for a long time in the games and I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue. I still think it's funny that they're tweaking Exp Share to make the game easier regardless. FlamesOfGrey
Red and Blue are probably the easiest games in the series. There's a ridiculous amount of trainers, when I beat the game again a couple years ago, my pokemon were usually at or higher than the gym leader's pokemon. My pokemon were about the same level as the first person in the elite four right when I got there.

Alot of JRPGs especially First Person Dungeon Crawlers have tough grinding. This is especially true for alot of older games like Wizardry and the earlier SMT games. Modern JRPGs seem to be getting easier by the year to appeal to a more mainstream userbase. If you played alot of games from the late 80's and 90's you'd have to grind and have face tough battles while grinding up until a certain level. Games like Pokemon are just cake and you really don't even need to grind much at all for the main game if you use the type advantages.FlamesOfGrey
Difficulty during the campaign isn't the point of pokemon though, so what exactly is your point?

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I know what the item is and that it's optional. Exp. Share has been around for a long time in the games and I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue. I still think it's funny that they're tweaking Exp Share to make the game easier regardless. cain006

Red and Blue are probably the easiest games in the series. There's a ridiculous amount of trainers, when I beat the game again a couple years ago, my pokemon were usually at or higher than the gym leader's pokemon. My pokemon were about the same level as the first person in the elite four right when I got there.

Alot of JRPGs especially First Person Dungeon Crawlers have tough grinding. This is especially true for alot of older games like Wizardry and the earlier SMT games. Modern JRPGs seem to be getting easier by the year to appeal to a more mainstream userbase. If you played alot of games from the late 80's and 90's you'd have to grind and have face tough battles while grinding up until a certain level. Games like Pokemon are just cake and you really don't even need to grind much at all for the main game if you use the type advantages.FlamesOfGrey
Difficulty during the campaign isn't the point of pokemon though, so what exactly is your point?

My point is they're making an easy game easier and I find it funny since it's unnecessary in my opinion . Is it that hard to grasp?
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

FlamesOfGrey

You seem to be missing the point. GameFreak is finally catering to the people that competitive battle.

Making EV's easier to get, being able to level up your potential teams faster, the entire online system revamped and a focus on your character is all for those that enjoy going online to battle with others.

This is fantastic stuff. Who plays Pokemon for the main storyline anyway?

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"] You don't have to use the item if you don't want to. Crazyguy105

You seem to be missing the point. GameFreak is finally catering to the people that competitive battle.

Making EV's easier to get, being able to level up your potential teams faster, the entire online system revamped and a focus on your character is all for those that enjoy going online to battle with others.

While I don't have statistics, I'm sure with the over 10 million copies Pokemon sell a generation, the vast majority of players aren't playing in competitive battles. I'm sure millions of people who play Pokemon just play through the story and then maybe do some post game or catch Pokemon.
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Crazyguy105

[QUOTE="Crazyguy105"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I'm just saying if there's one JRPG that doesn't need anything to make it easier it's Pokemon. Since Red & Blue, I haven't had any problem with any of the games. Only challenge comes from competitive battles.FlamesOfGrey

While I don't have statistics, I'm sure with the over 10 million copies Pokemon sell a generation, the vast majority of players aren't playing in competitive battles. I'm sure millions of people who play Pokemon just play through the story and then maybe do some post game or catch Pokemon.

Well the target demographic for Pokemon is kids, and they don't want to lose their market by making the games harder during the story.

They acknowledge this by making tougher post game challenges like Battle Frontier and the World Tournament, stuff that older people will stick around and try beating.

I dunno, I feel its a great way to keep both demographics happy. 

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cain006

My point is they're making an easy game easier and I find it funny since it's unnecessary in my opinion . Is it that hard to grasp?FlamesOfGrey
Yes the game was already easy, but what they're really trying to do is cut down on the time required to train new pokemon once you've beaten the campaign. That always kills the end game of pokemon for me, the boring training required to get new pokemon. This will definitely help, training 5 pokemon at once at 50% speed is awesome. I also liked that they gave you a lucky egg in Black 2 I think it was.

There's no reason that getting a pokemon to level 50 should take more than half an hour once you've beaten the elite four in my opinion. The required mindless hours of training is just stupid.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] My point is they're making an easy game easier and I find it funny since it's unnecessary in my opinion . Is it that hard to grasp?cain006

Yes the game was already easy, b what they're really trying to do is cut down on the time required to train new pokemon once you've beaten the campaign. That always kills the end game of pokemon for me, the boring training required to get new pokemon. They're trying to cut down on this which is a good thing.

Yes, that's why they did it. (Not sarcasm)
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] My point is they're making an easy game easier and I find it funny since it's unnecessary in my opinion . Is it that hard to grasp?cain006

Yes the game was already easy, but what they're really trying to do is cut down on the time required to train new pokemon once you've beaten the campaign. That always kills the end game of pokemon for me, the boring training required to get new pokemon. This will definitely help, training 5 pokemon at once at 50% speed is awesome. I also liked that they gave you a lucky egg in Black 2 I think it was.

There's no reason that getting a pokemon to level 50 should take more than half an hour once you've beaten the elite four in my opinion. The required mindless hours of training is just stupid.

In recent games like B&W Audino made training insanely easy due to the boosted experience they give like Chansey chance in previous gens and they're more common. Unless you're going for certain EV builds leveling shouldn't take very long.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

GTA V was easier as well, that's just what games that are made these days do. Deal with it.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Good, grinding isn't difficulty it's just forced tedium. Plus it makes it much easier to train up extra Pokemon to take on post game facilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Are people in this thread seriously complaining about, let me emphasize this so the ridiculousness of this is not missed on anybody, Pokemon being easy?
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

The same could be applied to every game series.

It usually is. As well as movies, music etc...
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
Are people in this thread seriously complaining about, let me emphasize this so the ridiculousness of this is not missed on anybody,

Pokemon being easy?

charizard1605
Fixed
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The level system in White and Black was very consistent. Grinding didn't feel completely forced either. Was really balanced and it made every gym leader feel somewhat challenging. 

The level system in Heartgold/Soulsilver and Firered/Leafgreen were terrible. You leveled up way too fast.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 turtlethetaffer

The level system in White and Black was very consistent. Grinding didn't feel completely forced either. Was really balanced and it made every gym leader feel somewhat challenging. 

The level system in Heartgold/Soulsilver and Firered/Leafgreen were terrible. You leveled up way too fast.

Gaming-Planet

Really? I find that grinding in Heartgold is tough. I always felt like they didn;t give enough EXP, at least in Mt. Silver.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Crazyguy105

[QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"]

turtlethetaffer

Really? I find that grinding in Heartgold is tough. I always felt like they didn;t give enough EXP, at least in Mt. Silver.

Dude me too. I couldn't finish SoulSilver because of how bad leveling up felt. It took ages early on in the game because the EXP depended on the Pokemon instead of their level.

So glad B/W changed that and made the level of the mon matter, instead of the species.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Gaming-Planet"]

Crazyguy105

Dude me too. I couldn't finish SoulSilver because of how bad leveling up felt. It took ages early on in the game because the EXP depended on the Pokemon instead of their level.

So glad B/W changed that and made the level of the mon matter, instead of the species.

I meant in the post game team building.  During the main story, I didn't ever have too much trouble with leveling up as long as I used about four Pokemon (which I did) but when trying to make my "ideal team" (not competitive, just a team I wanted) I found that Mt. Silver was really difficult to level up my higher level guys in.

White 2 was really bad to grind during the story.  Unless you had two or three Pokemon picked out that you wanted to use, leveling up was abysmal.  Wild Pokemon were so low level that you'd never get more than like nine hundred EXP until Victory Road.  This was really really bad. One of the weaknesses of the game IMO.