PlayStation Now praised for things OnLive did years ago

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@handssss said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@PinkiePirate said:

@mems_1224 said:

onlive sucked

The world wasn't ready for it. Now Sony is bringing us PlayStation Now, which is essentially the same thing.

Playstation Now is not a good deal or idea. WOW...people lost their shit when MS started charging for online services then hail Sony as innovators for CHARGING YOU BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY. along with charging for every next gen feature the XB1 has out the box for no charge. smh....just wow lol.

Sony, it only does free passes, but it's gonna cost you lol.

Xbox 1 offers no backwards compatibility and most if not all features outside of playing online games for PSN don't require a paid subscription wheras you will need XBL Gold to use things such as Netflix, internet, party chat, and other apps.

Your argument kinda sucks.

you must have missed my thread where i broke down why YOUR argument sucks. let me do a quick copy and paste for you....theeerrreeee yah go:

anyway, the main issue is all the charges popping up with this system. i hear cows complain about Xbox Live and its ONE paywall but are now all for Sony nickle and diming them with paywalls for all these services is fine. that's a hell of a shift from last gen. you guys went from, "i'm appalled buy the thought of paying for online play." to,

"wow this is great. for a fee i get access too music unlimited...video unlimited...my TV app...my online play...PlayStation Now, where i can subscribe then rebuy opps, i mean rent, all the games i loved last gen without having to have an old console taking up space in my home. and if i support Sony even more and buy a Bravia tv, along with rebuying the controllers i sold to get a ps4, i can RENT the games straight from there! this is great!!" O_o

Xbox Live has 81 features behind its paywall while Sony is taking the route of trying to charge for as many features as they possible can. so if cows want an experience something similar to its next gen counterparts they end up paying close, if not more, too the hundred dollars they saved buying the system. pay or deal with a watered down console is the deal. pay on the individual basis for backwards compatibility is the deal. and you guys are rolling with it...its completely hypocritical honestly. and it should be an outrage. slapping a charge on backwards compatibility and you don't even get to own the games LMAO smh.

and people in this thread say its sinking low or sad bringing this up...was it low for cows pointing and laughing at Xbox Live's one subscription charge for the last 8 years? its sinking low now since you guys are getting it worst than lems ever had it though, huh? i've never seen a group whine so much...seriously, u can dish it out but can't see to take it at all.

here's another doosey i just wrote:

it doesnt matter, it still cost. we never had to pay for backwards compatibility....ever. now Sony has it that you have to ditch the games you do have and re-rent them. its a blatant **** over to their consumer. it doesnt matter if the rentals are a penny each. especially since the price of past playstation games are going to drop like a rock because of this, the physical copies. because Sony is going digital rental service. why would gamestop or anyone give you a good price for your games now. with Playstation Now n next gen here they're useless. so now ur going to lose money on trade-ins AND you have to pay to rent the games loved again, smh. the situation is fucked up.

seeing cows crow about this is odd...especially since the Xbox Live fee was suppose to be a big deal to them for so long. if that was then how is Sony making you pay for games twice not. especially when the second time you pay its only to rent.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/sony-announces-cloudbased-gaming-tv-services-as-playstation-4-sales-top-42-million-20140108-30gd1.html

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

enjoy Playstation Now input lag.

while gamers enjoy their playstation now.... the lemmings and their family can do this in front of their tv with the power of kinect and cloud.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

@PinkiePirate:

@PinkiePirate said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

That's actually not bad. That looks like 5-6 frames, which is about 91ms. The lag you get from the HDMI cable to the display is about 66ms.

Not that bad?...its practically un-playable like that and It was streamed from a server down the hall. What's going to happen to the Input lag when it's over the internet lol?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Meh, streaming gaming is just another gaming fad. Even Toshiba TV announced streaming games now. Sony just sprinkled magic hype dust and got their fans excited. It will fade like recent fads like motion and 3D gaming. If it's included in the PS+ sub, then cool, if not, that's going to be trouble. I mean how are you able to play PS Now games online without paying PS+? Looks like its gonna be a mess and not unified.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@kuu2:

@kuu2 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@kuu2 said:

So the cloud is cool now. Also if games can actually be streamed why can't the cloud be used to help with graphics in games????

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

Streaming old games =/= having muh Azure servers do the physics for Halo 5. The former is more viable than the latter.

One day lems will realise that they backed the wrong horse regarding DA CLAWD and will be deeply apologetic and regretful.

As always you have no idea what you are talking about. Sony Fan: 'It is impossible to do anything like have the cloud help with graphics or physics, but Sony's cloud can do both.'

Typical clown Cow logic.

What's funny is that MSoft already demoed Halo 4 streaming to other devices some months ago.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW

Your post shows how stupid you are.... please dont rant about things you dont know about... or actually please do because it makes me feel smart

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

It's like playing Xbone games.

hahaha dat lem ownage. PSnow more responsive than xbone confirm.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

@masiisam said:

Wait!? are cows now claiming this is a positive?

Correct me if im wrong but isnt this the same as "DA POWERRRRSSS of DA CLOUD!~!121!!!

The only similarity they share is in that they are both cloud based technologies. The difference is that PS Now is gonna act as nothing more than an option for people to access old games. MS Cloud however, had the reputation of so called making your X1 more powerful. So MS turned something that could have been harmless into a fake myth. If MS just came out and said that they had servers dedicated for each Xbox, and every developer was free to use them, there would have been no backlash whatsoever. But no, they had to say that the servers had 3 times the processing power of each X1, and lead delusional fanboys to think that every X1 could potentially have 400% its base power.

Once again, like everything else....it's about how something is presented, and how people perceive it. MS is always particularly bad at that.

Fake Myth? Going a little far aren't we? This gen just started little Jimmy...i remember hearing MS saying the cloud can help relieve some process and thus opining up resources on the X1. I don't remember hearing them say 400% Do you have a link for that?

Don't bother. Your fanboy rant is over exaggerated. Just FYI when someone has to exaggerate like you do in effort to "try" to make a point. It really does make you look like a tool.

"But Harrison believes the Xbox One can gradually increase its performance over time due to its connection with the cloud."

LInk to facts. Not some rampant fanyboy bullshit

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

It's like playing Xbone games.

hahaha dat lem ownage. PSnow more responsive than xbone confirm.

I would like to see the TV setting on both of those examples. Simply setting a TV to "Vivid" mode will give you horrendous input lag. I'm guessing that is what is happening in that XB1 gif.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Sony copying since 1996

in all fairness sony didn't really copy until the original xbox came out. then most of their new features were copied from MS and Nintendo. it started with the hard drive and network adapter add on for the PS2 and continues with move, PSN , real triggers, etc etc. DS5 will have rumble triggers.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#110  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Difference is Sony built streaming into a platform, On live tried to built a platform on streaming.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

psnow is amazing!...says every guy that never saw how shytty onlive was.

SystemWarsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SystemWarsMan
Member since 2007 • 913 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: its coming... rio codename right now. Streaming is a lag fest at 720p. Cows love 720p now lol