Playstation home.. is free? why is people bashing?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HazeNPopes
Member since 2007 • 735 Posts

Just please tell me lemmings.sheeps.other animals .

billbradsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 billbradsky
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts
because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too.  PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Cuz they are jalous fanboys.

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts
because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.billbradsky

why did you contradict yourself, you said it was free, than you say that is why you pay for it
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
Velocity girl likes home.

HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HazeNPopes
because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too.  PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.billbradsky
Huh..?
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
microtransactions. advertising. to really get into it deeply, it looks like you'll need to take part in both of them.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

Because they want it for their console.

not liking Home is possible but to BASH it..... no way

goodknight_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 goodknight_13
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too.  PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.dawso0n

i agree cows think that they have won when gaming is about games! not stupid home *** things.

i got in troble for aying that, i'd whatch out
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
Because they hate to see sony do something right.
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.
Avatar image for playstationhome
playstationhome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 playstationhome
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too.  PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.billbradsky

lmao talking about gameplay you lemmings cant even play online without shelling out the bucks...wut kind of gameplay is that? sounds like your being milked

HazeNPopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HazeNPopes
Because they hate to see sony do something right.Soulja_West
Ding Ding, i think we just found the solution.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 whoisryanmack

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too.  PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.playstationhome

lmao talking about gameplay you lemmings cant even play online without shelling out the bucks...wut kind of gameplay is that? sounds like your being milked

i'd rather be able to play all kinds of games for 50 bucks then just 1 game for free.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.MaTT2011

OMG PS2 ONLINE WASN'T FREE CUZ YOU HAD TO BUY A HOUSE AND PAY FOR ELECTRICITY!!!1

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
I have yet to "bash" Home - but I fail to grasp the ideology of PS3 fanboys and how they think this is a major selling point to the PS3.

Every 5 seconds I see a new post about "HOME IS AWESOME" or "Home Should Win the Nobel Peace Prize"...

It's dumb, pointless, and hardly revolutionary.

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

very little to do with gaming? not really, sure it has Home and multiple media functionality, but it does play games, and has good ones planned for this year (including multiplats)
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Nothing against interesting different concept. A community like feature, better in some ways, worse in others.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.billbradsky
You can make a house in XBL for free? You can meet with your friends in a virtual world and walk to a movie theater to watch a trailer or mybae a full movie in XBL? You can walk to an EA building with your buddies, sit down, listen to an EA game dev talk about some new game, then play a demo, all with your friends? Thats what Home will do.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whoisryanmack
[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.coolguy1111
You can make a house in XBL for free? You can meet with your friends in a virtual world and walk to a movie theater to watch a trailer or mybae a full movie in XBL? You can walk to an EA building with your buddies, sit down, listen to an EA game dev talk about some new game, then play a demo, all with your friends? Thats what Home will do.

would you really do these things? i mean, its a cool in theory, but why would i actually want to walk with someone to watch a movie trailer? i just dont know. i think its cool, but i wouldnt use it at all.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.playstationhome

14 cents a day is "shelling out the bucks" :lol:
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.coolguy1111

Ohh, ok. So you mean gather a bunch of people, sit them down, and then blatantly advertise your crappy game?

I'll just download the demo, thanks.  :P
Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
what everybody else on this topic said...
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MaTT2011
[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

very little to do with gaming? not really, sure it has Home and multiple media functionality, but it does play games, and has good ones planned for this year (including multiplats)

You obviously dont understand; Home is NOT a free product.....you are required to have a PS3 to use it. This is very basic. Ps3 is $600. Thus, to "experience" home you have to pay $600. Home has very little to do with gaming and more to do with advertising and exposing an audience to said advertising while making them think that they are having fun with useless features like watching movie trailers, listening to music and dressing up your virtual barbie doll. Sure; it does have the ability to let you play select ps3 games via multiplayer......but you still have to be exposed to advertising. You pay 2 prices to access home (a feature which inherently has nothing to do with gaming): 1. the price of the system 2. Exposure to advertising which funds the program and allows developers to make their games accessible via an Xbox live type service. None of that is free. Home is not free.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts
[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.Dragonblade01

why did you contradict yourself, you said it was free, than you say that is why you pay for it

not to metion he just said that a network makes games fun, and said you can get PS3 home on XBL
IQ138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IQ138
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts
I think it's because most of non cows are hypocritical about it. I myself don't really care about Home, though it may be awesome, I have played The Sims, and I am way too busy enjoying real life to be playing with a 2nd life. I am sure there's a market for people who would enjoy these things. The thing that ticks me off the most is the fact that cows would get overconfident and try to use this as something that can win the system war. I just don't think that this is so because the market that this software is aimed at is probably smaller than the market that the Wii remote aims for.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Yes, its called a private chat while a watch a full screen, full movie in HD that I dled off the marketplace.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
I'd rather just download and watch the movie/trailer.  More convenient.  Also, Home may be a good thing for Sony, but fanboys claim it's the reason the PS3 will (somehow) win this console war!  They act like it's something that will make other consoles obsolete...that's why it's being bashed.  It's other people's way of telling the fanboys to "STFU."
gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts
I love how people say Home owns XBL how does home improve online gaming.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
My issue with Home is more with the PS3 itself.  With Home being a display of your PS3 game achievements too where are the games that really need to be played on PS3 to feel achievement?
dapmediainc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 dapmediainc
Member since 2004 • 727 Posts
Sorry to bust your bubble, Its not free. What I mean is, Your gonna have to pay for things to put in your apartment. You really think your gonna have a sweet apartment to start with,I don't think so. Lets wait and see what it will really cost. 
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
I have yet to "bash" Home - but I fail to grasp the ideology of PS3 fanboys and how they think this is a major selling point to the PS3.

Every 5 seconds I see a new post about "HOME IS AWESOME" or "Home Should Win the Nobel Peace Prize"...

It's dumb, pointless, and hardly revolutionary.

Aaron89
I have to agree. Still, its good news for a free online functionality, that might just make things a litle more interesting for PS3 users.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 da1on2
[QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

You obviously dont understand; Home is NOT a free product.....you are required to have a PS3 to use it. This is very basic. Ps3 is $600. Thus, to "experience" home you have to pay $600. Home has very little to do with gaming and more to do with advertising and exposing an audience to said advertising while making them think that they are having fun with useless features like watching movie trailers, listening to music and dressing up your virtual barbie doll. Sure; it does have the ability to let you play select ps3 games via multiplayer......but you still have to be exposed to advertising. You pay 2 prices to access home (a feature which inherently has nothing to do with gaming): 1. the price of the system 2. Exposure to advertising which funds the program and allows developers to make their games accessible via an Xbox live type service. None of that is free. Home is not free.

In that case XBL costs $400 PLUS an additional $50 a year and so what you become exposed to advertising, you do it every time you go outside, turn on a TV, and go on gamespot(unless you have paid) and if you avoid all 3 you definately have no life
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MaTT2011
I love how people say Home owns XBL how does home improve online gaming. gamer4life85
It doesnt; it has nothing to do with gaming. ITs a marketing strategy; and its free because you are forced to view advertising (another thing that has nothing to with gaming). By creating a 3d myspace sony thinks they are going to increase demand for their product.....but how many people from myspace are going to stop using myspace for home? The non-gamers wont, 600 bucks is to much to pay for something they get on the internet for free (albeit with ads). I could go on and on....the point is that home doesnt improve your gaming experience as a gamer; its a silly diversion designed to expose a certain demographic to advertising and to lure in ignorant consumers.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

it appears that i misunderstood, were you talking about Home or the PS3 in general, because i thought that you were talking about the ps3 in general

and if you are going to add all other expenses, then there is nothing in the world is free so having a debate over it is completely pointless

it's not like Home is $600 dollars because that is not all that you pay for, you pay for ever single feature that the ps3 has, including playing games, watching movies, listening to music, and viewing photos; the online is considered free because there is no subscription for it
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MaTT2011
[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

it appears that i misunderstood, were you talking about Home or the PS3 in general, because i thought that you were talking about the ps3 in general

and if you are going to add all other expenses, then there is nothing in the world is free so having a debate over it is completely pointless

Thats completely unreasonable. Im not suggesting we have to take into account every single expense needed to experience Home; just the basics. And the one basic thing you need is a PS3; are you trying to suggest that its unreasonable to take that into account when evaluating the worth of Home?
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

Thats completely unreasonable. Im not suggesting we have to take into account every single expense needed to experience Home; just the basics. And the one basic thing you need is a PS3; are you trying to suggest that its unreasonable to take that into account when evaluating the worth of Home?

a bit, just for the fact that you get many other features besides home for the 600 dollar price tag (see my edited post)
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 da1on2
[QUOTE="playstationhome"]

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.limpbizkit818

in that case a PS3 is 33 cents a day
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.limpbizkit818

Yes, its called a private chat while a watch a full screen, full movie in HD that I dled off the marketplace.

Saying that the same is just a stupid, fanboyish thing to say. And can you walk into a game devs building, like EA, and listen to a developer talk about their game? Can you? For free? Then launch the game from Home? Can you?
playstationhome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 playstationhome
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="playstationhome"]

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.da1on2

lmao exactly

playstationhome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 playstationhome
[QUOTE="playstationhome"]

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too.  PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.whoisryanmack

i'd rather be able to play all kinds of games for 50 bucks then just 1 game for free.

1 game? is that right....? wow....

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.Aaron89

Ohh, ok. So you mean gather a bunch of people, sit them down, and then blatantly advertise your crappy game?

I'll just download the demo, thanks. :P

Hmmmm yea I bet you wre someone that wanted to go to E3? And in Home they might give more then the demo, lets say when Home release, Konami gives a talk about what to expect in MGS4, then after the talk, everyone in the room can play a MGS4 demo, after done playing it, it deletes itself. Ever think about that, fanboy?
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="da1on2"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="playstationhome"]

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too. PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.playstationhome

lmao exactly

in the long run, if you use xbox live, the cost of the 360 is greater than the ps3 (even though it isn't much per month, the price still adds up)
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whoisryanmack
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="playstationhome"]

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]because you get the same stuff for free on XBL too.  PS Home brought nothing to the table in terms of game play which is what you pay for on XBL.playstationhome

1 game? is that right....? wow....

so the argument that 50 bucks a year is somehow alot of money isnt ridiculous, but my argument is? wow...you get something for your money, namely a solid and tested experience with alot of available games, and alot of users playing them. that kind of matters when you're talking online play.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 da1on2
[QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

In that case throw in a tv, and the electricity needed to run them, and the network connection, and the phone line, and the house needed for the phone line(these are all necessary) and explain to me why the $600 version is needed?
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

I love how people say Home owns XBL how does home improve online gaming. gamer4life85

Well, it matches the overall XBL online gaming. Plus, it in 3D and is more interactive and it's free. So I guess it beats XBL, which technically means it owns XBL...

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dragonblade01
[QUOTE="da1on2"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

In that case throw in a tv, and the electricity needed to run them, and the network connection, and the phone line, and the house needed for the phone line(these are all necessary) and explain to me why the $600 version is needed?

he does have a point, those are all "the basics"
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
one word fanboys..lol..dont worry about it they just mad because sony is offering somethin better then xboxlive..
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MaTT2011
[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"][QUOTE="MaTT2011"]PS3 is free!? NO WAY! Where? Oh thats right, its not. $600 is too much to pay for a product that has very little to do with gaming.

a bit, just for the fact that you get many other features besides home for the 600 dollar price tag (see my edited post)

But regardless of those features the price still has to be payed; and many of those features have nothing to do with gaming as well! So what are you paying for, really, when you plop down that $600 for a ps3? A gaming machine? Doesn't sound like it to me. And you do, in a way, pay a subscription for Home; the constant viewing of advertising. And even if we take that out what does Home do to make your gaming experience better once you payed that $600? Allow you to play online games? Yes, it does do that: but that could have been done anyways; without 3d avatars, fancied up internet forums .... all of these things are ILLUSIONS, they are there to make you think you are experiencing something that you are not. You are not that 3d avatar and having one doesnt make your onling gaming experience better; nor does it make looking at pictures, movie trailers or talking to people on forums better. Its not as though allowing one to play online games is some kind of tremendous feat, especially considering what the competition provides. All of this, Home, ultimately has nothign to do with gaming or making a better gameplay experience; so even if we grant that its "free" thats exactly what its worth: NOTHING. It's a whole lot of nothing. It has nothing to do with gameplay; i cant emphasize that enough.