Phil Fish wants to sell his company Polytron

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3223 Posts

It seems that his personal information has been hacked and now he wants to sell his company. Even though I dislike him a lot and I mean a lot since he is a douche, it's still wrong of what happened to him. I wonder who will buy his company. Here is the full story:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/22/fez-creator-sells-company-after-hackers-expose-his-personal-info

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Phil Fish is constantly buttmad

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Good luck to him. Maybe he should find a job away from the press.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

I´ll give $5 for it.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I feel bad for him. That's a pretty shitty situation to be in regardless of whom you are.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Phil might be going to Jail.

This suggests that the files were taken from within Polygons walls.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Something's Fishy.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@Blabadon said:

I feel bad for him. That's a pretty shitty situation to be in regardless of whom you are.

The reason he suffers from it, while thousands of other devs don't, is because he begs for it to happen to him.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

As wrong as that is, it's hard for me not to think that he asked for it. We all know there are assholes on the internet, but you should know that there are plenty of bigger assholes than you.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

The guy deserves all the hate that is coming at him. He insulted everyone that plays games. Some of his fans tried to calmly reason with him and he just insulted them and called them pricks and entitled and shit because they played video games. Like seriously, what outcome do you expect out of something like this? You really need to be an idiot and an asshole of the worst kind to act that arrogant and without any kind of self control. It was like watching a child throwing a tantrum but much more pathetic.

Nobody outside of his circle of friends on twitter was safe. He even insulted Youtubers that didn't even have anything to do with the social justice war he had going on his twitter for Zoe Quinn, another dishonest and hypocrite personality from the industry. And notice that all this mess was instigated by feminist. The whole thing. You call them on their bullshit and they say they are being harassed. When the Tomb Raider thing happened last week some people went to complain to the writer of the game on Twitter, who BTW is female, and you know what she said when someone asked her how she felt about it? That she was used to the harassment... But what harassment? These feminists are delusional I tell you.

This how the guy will be remembered:

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Lol **** off Phil Fish. Nobody likes you.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AcidTango

@Gue1 said:

The guy deserves all the hate that is coming at him. He insulted everyone that plays games. Some of his fans tried to calmly reason with him and he just insulted them and called them pricks and entitled and shit because they played video games. Like seriously, what outcome do you expect out of something like this? You really need to be an idiot and an asshole of the worst kind to act that arrogant and without any kind of self control. It was like watching a child throwing a tantrum but much more pathetic.

Nobody outside of his circle of friends on twitter was safe. He even insulted Youtubers that didn't even have anything to do with the social justice war he had going on his twitter for Zoe Quinn, another dishonest and hypocrite personality from the industry. And notice that all this mess was instigated by feminist. The whole thing. You call them on their bullshit and they say they are being harassed. When the Tomb Raider thing happened last week some people went to complain to the writer of the game on Twitter, who BTW is female, and you know what she said when someone asked her how she felt about it? That she was used to the harassment... But what harassment? These feminists are delusional I tell you.

This how the guy will be remembered:

Yeah Fish is not very bright at all.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Glorious.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

Meh **** that Fish.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Maybe i'll feel better about actually playing Fez if it gets sold to someone who isn't a terrible person.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Can't say I feel sorry for him; he's beyond arrogant (like clinical Narcissistic Personality Disorder) and insulted damn near everyone he encountered.

I won't say he deserved having all of his personal info leaked, but he was kinda asking for it by being such a douche to people who deal with computers every day. It's like repeatedly smacking a tiger in the face, not realizing that you're going to lose that hand once you piss him off enough.

I'm glad he's out of the industry for good, he was just toxic.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Good riddance...he's not the type that can handle social media so he really shouldn't have one. :P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Wait, I thought Phil Fish already gave the finger to gamers and making games, was he just kidding the first time?

Now the saying among the Zoe Quinn circle is "We are all [Phil Fish / Fez / Fez 2]"... as if

Maybe he thought he was the only one putting it to Zoe Guinn and when he found out Brandon McCartin slept with her and now he can't go to work and look at him anymore.

Maybe he's taking a page out of Zoe Quinn's playbook and fake doxxed himself in hopes he can come out of this even stronger by playing the victim car.

Then again it wouldn't surprise me if this guy really was getting harassed, that's kind of his thing, and his grace in handling the limelight is a flaw of his. He encourages feeds the trolls expecting different kind of outcome, then he doesn't have the skin for criticism, we've known that since the Fez 2 fiasco. He should just do what everyone else did, go radio silent on their Twitter.

Anyhow, now I'm kind of getting worried, everybody getting their name dragged through the mud I worry someone is going to kill themselves. Besides that being awful, it'd invite a wave of feminazis into prominent position to attack gaming and gamers in more mainstream circles. Zoe Quinn doesn't need to be propped up as a victimized feminist though. I thought it very telling looking through her published chat logs where she fancies herself as the strongest female voice in gaming. Oh, this woman is pure sociopathic ego, and she's dragging those around her for her own benefit.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Honestly I don't feel sorry for Phil, the guy is a douchebag and has anger issues. I have no idea why anyone would honestly work for that joke of a designer.

"Honey how was work today"

"It was shyt"

"Why"

"Boss raged through twitter, threatening to cancel 3 projects I had no idea we were making"

"Oh"

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#20 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

Phil Fish is right. The online gaming community is full of man-child scumbag losers.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

He deserves what he gets even when its as serious as it is

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

give up on your dreams. they are actually nightmares

Not exactly sure what the Fish mans dream was. Apparently to make one game then spend the rest of the time drawing attention to yourself on twitter? Rather than... you know, maybe fine-tuning your craft with discipline, commitment and strong habits? That's generally how people, striving towards a dream succeed.

But oh golly, apparently being a **** to people on the Internet, results in some sort of reaction. Who wudda guessed?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

He needs a doctor .

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Fry the Fish

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@papatrop said:

@Blabadon said:

The reason he suffers from it, while thousands of other devs don't, is because he begs for it to happen to him.

Thousand other devs might not suffer to this extent but generally gamers are terrible to every single developer. No matter how good, competent or kind you are, plenty of gamers will shit on you, threaten you with rape or death. This is propably the most toxic hobby around. Big companies have PR crews who thanfully isolate developers from actual gamers, but indie devs can't afford it.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

This is probably one big PR stunt, and FEZ 2 will get announced again, and billions, no, TRILLIONS will buy it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup

@AdrianWerner said:

@papatrop said:

@Blabadon said:

Thousand other devs might not suffer to this extent but generally gamers are terrible to every single developer. No matter how good, competent or kind you are, plenty of gamers will shit on you, threaten you with rape or death. This is propably the most toxic hobby around. Big companies have PR crews who thanfully isolate developers from actual gamers, but indie devs can't afford it.

My friend, this is apologist bullshit. A mature mind can differentiate the relevant, from non relevant. I (due to have a very impressive mature mind) do not let any of the potty mouthed people comments on these forums actually get to me, I would have killed myself a long time ago, with razor blades and bleach. Thankfully, with the power of basic deduction and evaluation, it isn't a problem.

The point of PR is to spin to meet their own needs. Not to filter out relevant from non relevant criticism. But to take the information, and spin it, into whatever they will. All politicians have it, which is exactly why nobody fucking likes them.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Phil Fish is right. The online gaming community is full of man-child scumbag losers.

It sadly is. Though it's also full of people that aren't like that but just doesn't like his attitude, like many in this thread, myself included.

@SolidTy said:

I'm sorry for him. No one deserves that. I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavors, though I think he should also mature a bit to hold from diving into his attackers' traps...

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AcidTango

@parkurtommo said:

This is probably one big PR stunt, and FEZ 2 will get announced again, and billions, no, TRILLIONS will buy it.

LOL

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

That sucks but he did ask for it.

The other day when he made those remarks about gamers, that just made a few things clear to me:

1: He has anger issues. If he didn't mean what he said, then he is just a weak person for not being able to handle himself in a professional manner.

2: If he really did mean what he said then everything he said was literally one the worst generalizations of the gaming community that has been said.

3: He is an attention whore. He isn't just spewing this crap to his co-workers, no, he wants all of twitter, which most people have nowadays, to know how he feels. He released his childish anger out publicly. Had anyone else done that they would've been considered a joke immediately. Thing is he already was a joke to begin with....

I second the guy who said he'll give him $5 bucks for polytron. I'll sell the rights to fez to microsoft for $12.37

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Not sure if the hacking was true or a PR stunt, either way no one deserves it, that being said... He brought it on himself, when you are this negative, agressive and this much of a jerk, things can only get out of hand real fast

Oh well, shame for Fez 2, I got me some binding of isaac rebirth to look forward to!

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Maybe i'll feel better about actually playing Fez if it gets sold to someone who isn't a terrible person.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

He was not fit for the internet. Other devs always shut up for a good reason.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

@Animal-Mother: and I were talking about how we don't actually think there was a fez2.... fez was his 5 year (or whatever) labor of love and that was it. Nobody with a fleshed out vision for a sequel of a fantastic money making game like fez would simply not make it in lui of rambling on the Internet all day.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

@uninspiredcup: "I do not let any of the potty mouthed people comments on these forums actually get to me, I would have killed myself a long time ago, with razor blades and bleach."

Wtf are you actually saying here?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol oh phil fish you created a single game which was broken upon arrival a game that first year college students could have made it was uninspired, and was just the same thing in trend at that time 2d retro style games, and it took you 3 years to do it with endless bullshit delays. You spent the majority of that time complaining about how it was every one else's fault for your issues and for some reason people purchased your game and you still bitched about policies that you knew for all those 3 years were in place. You sat on your ass insulting myriads of users and when you released a patch you still screwed it up and then threw up your hands blaming again every one else even though Microsoft told you they would work with you to get a 2nd patch released basically without the usual 2nd patch costs.

You then bitched and complained and complained more and more trying to stay relevant the only reason your game getting any further sales is because of the bad publicity you drummed up, you lied and lied and complained.....you won't be missed in the industry.

Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Like me for example.

delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 delete-EasyComeEasyGo

@roler42 said:

Not sure if the hacking was true or a PR stunt, either way no one deserves it, that being said... He brought it on himself, when you are this negative, agressive and this much of a jerk, things can only get out of hand real fast

Oh well, shame for Fez 2, I got me some binding of isaac rebirth to look forward to!

There's some reasonable doubt for the hack being legit.

Why would they keep private information about the game's sales and old company records on the website server? Who in their right mind thinks that is at all secure?

This whole think reeks of "publicity stunt".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?..

delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 delete-EasyComeEasyGo

@darkspineslayer: I'm told Fez is a good game, but it's just to hard for me to separate creator from creation on this. At this point I think it's like that for a lot of people. I doubt anyone wants to touch the IP now.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

@roler42 said:

There's some reasonable doubt for the hack being legit.

Why would they keep private information about the game's sales and old company records on the website server? Who in their right mind thinks that is at all secure?

This whole think reeks of "publicity stunt".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?..

That's actually a good point and Fish is certainly crazy enough to pull such a stunt.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

Yeah. I'm going to wait to buy it till Fez is sold to someone who isn't a shitbag.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 uninspiredcup

@SolidTy said:

Maybe he will actually get a real job. As far as we are aware, he basically just sat around on twitter fighting with people rather than putting any effort what so ever in to create a game.

This generation is soft and lazy. Back in World War 2 we had children up chimneys.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@SolidTy said:

Maybe he will actually get a real job. As far as we are aware, he basically just sat around on twitter fighting with people rather than putting any effort what so ever in to create a game.

This generation is soft and lazy. Back in World War 2 we had children up chimneys.

That's nothing in the 1800's we used have have child labour in the textile industry where they were used to clean under the machines while there were running often causing death through some horrific means... now that's hardcore.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/815/837/bc1.jpg Yeah eum...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#47 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I got 100 bucks Phil!!

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Rumor is he dox'ed himself and the files going around are proving that may be the case.

More than likely he's going to jail. Microsoft is going to want a thorough investigation of this and the server company he used will investigate as well, not to mention the FBI might since this would be a cyber crime.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uninspiredcup

Phil Fish is an evil man that definitely deserves jail.