Phantom Dust news: 30 hour Jrpg with SP and MP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JXs7HVXXmk

It seems that we will finally get more information on phantom Dust, this may mean that the game had started development earlier (hence those still unannounced surprises Phil mentioned way back then and even recently) and the game may, may be coming out in 2015.

Of course, when is a completely different question, although I hope it's not during the holidays either way because it will be ripped to shreds, evenw orse than SO and that barely made it to "decent"

EDIT:

30 hour Jrpg, with SP and MP. Reboot.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Not expecting to hear much but nice to know it still exists.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Haven't heard much about the game, but news on it is interesting.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

I simply cannot wait. Show me anything, I mean anything even if it's a tease! Phantom Dust was one of my favorite games on the original Xbox, I have high hopes for this re-boot.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Aiighht....25 more min then

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Never played the first but it looks interesting.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

I thought the show was Saturday at 7PM. Today is Friday.

"Ken Lobb interview has concluded! Hear full show Sat. 7pm EST Hint: Valuable info on Phantom Dust"

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@magicalclick:

For ****'s sake. I keep seeing your name as MagicalDick. >O

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

I simply cannot wait. Show me anything, I mean anything even if it's a tease! Phantom Dust was one of my favorite games on the original Xbox, I have high hopes for this re-boot.

Same here. Funny how slept on this awesome game was back then. A lot of these guys think it's a new IP. lol

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@blackace said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

"Ken Lobb interview has concluded! Hear full show Sat. 7pm EST Hint: Valuable info on Phantom Dust"

Correct! My bad, I was just going by the thread title. We shall see tomorrow then

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity: "For ****'s sake. I keep seeing your name as MagicalDick. >O""

You want what you want........... we accept you anyway

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TigerSuperman

@Alucard_Prime said:

@blackace said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Correct! My bad, I was just going by the thread title. We shall see tomorrow then

I included the link to the wuote so you gots ta look at the Op as well as the title.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

So this game is a third person battle arena style game with a deck style ability storage, right? Atleast that's what i got from the info on the original game.

It all sounds cool. Want to see gameplay

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I remember buying this on the original Xbox, and it was the only game I never opened.

I have absolutely no idea why though. I'd like to try it now that it's re-releasing.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Phantom Dust is more of a re-imagining than a reboot, there's gonna be a 30+ hour campaign and there's gonna be a multiplayer as well. Ken Lobb from Microsoft Game Studios

credited Phil Spencer with Phantom Dust's return, stating that the decision to revive it was based on the games uniqueness, and the simple fact 'not enough people got to see' the game. Phantom Dust would also serve to diversify the Xbox's portfolio beyond its shooter image.

Regarding launch dates, Ken said it 'may or may not arrive in 2015' based on the games development, but also that it wouldn't be fair to shoehorn it in to what is Microsoft regard as a very strong 2015 line up.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

itsfuckingnothing.gif

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Ken Lobb

As in Ken "Klobb" Lobb?

That's my nigga right there.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Phantom Dust is more of a re-imagining than a reboot, there's gonna be a 30+ hour campaign and there's gonna be a multiplayer as well. Ken Lobb from Microsoft Game Studios

credited Phil Spencer with Phantom Dust's return, stating that the decision to revive it was based on the games uniqueness, and the simple fact 'not enough people got to see' the game. Phantom Dust would also serve to diversify the Xbox's portfolio beyond its shooter image.

Regarding launch dates, Ken said it 'may or may not arrive in 2015' based on the games development, but also that it wouldn't be fair to shoehorn it in to what is Microsoft regard as a very strong 2015 line up.

So, it's going to be a single player game? I was under the impression the original was a battle arena style one

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

So, it's going to be a single player game? I was under the impression the original was a battle arena style one

I bought it and played in on xbox, though I honestly don't remember much about it as it didn't really leave a huge impression, but it was a single player game.

I was under the impression that this was an entirely new game which would open the door to multiplyer or whatever but if this is really just a re-boot of the old game then there isn't much to get hope up for.

FYI there was some kind of crazy combat system and if I remember correctly there was also some exploration for items and such. It was a nice game for the unknown gems on the original xbox and I am sure some will enjoy it on xbone but I am thinking now that this might not be a full current gen game if true.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

The original one was ok nothing great but not a bad game.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@kinectthedots: It's a reboot, not a remake. A reboot means they are bringing back the game and the core principles of it, but they will be redesigning and altering a lot of what was there. Much like how killer instinct is a reboot of an old franchise, the new Devil May Cry game is also a good example of a reboot . A reboot is an entirely new game, just using concepts from an old one.

Also, the original Phantom dust was both single and multiplayer, with a story driven campaign and an arena battle multiplayer. This new game will follow the same outline.

It will be a full current gen title, on a brand new game engine, it isn't just the same game brought back from the original Xbox.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TigerSuperman

A rebbot with 30 hours of Gameplay according to the new link in the OP, SP ad Mp.