Persona 5 News Coming February 4 (UPDATE: Schedule)

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The only reason I think a PC release is unlikely is because Atlus has literally no experience with the format, and I think it is unlikely they will start now- on the other hand, the reason I think the other consoles are likely (or, well, more likely than PC- I honestly think that this will stay PS3/PS4 exclusive, with maybe the possibility of an ehanced port to a handheld later) is because Atlus has been known to put its Persona games on Xbox or Nintendo before to increase western sales (the most notable example, of course, being Arena).

But you're right, it's impossible to tell, especially now that Sega is a factor as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Nice, hopefully the actual game play is good this time.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@charizard1605: From Software, Platinum Games and many Japanese studios also had no experience with PC, yet have/are porting their games across.

But i don't think it'll be ATLUS who will show the interest. Instead, i think it'll be SEGA themselves who will want to persue Persona on PC, and will offload the porting to a different studio, like they did with Valkyria Chronicles.

Should the games be sucessfull on Steam, i can see ATLUS/SEGA wanting to bring P5 over. Ofcourse, all of this is hypothetical.

It's nothing new actually. Tons of multiplats you see nowadays are a product of late ports, which got better and faster with time. *cough* Dark Souls

Hell, i fully expect GG Xrd and/or Blazblue Chrono Phantasma now that all past games are on Steam.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

How ******* hard is it to show some fraking gameplay footage, I swear if all they do is list a few features I will BURN ALL OF @charizard1605_ Chie pillows and figures!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The schedule for the livestream

February 4 (Niconico live stream)

• 13:00 – Countdown commencement with greetings from host Teddie
  • 14:00 – Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth character video showcase
  • 15:00 – Persona 4 Arena Ultimax character video showcase
  • 18:00 – Persona 4 Golden Vita the Best version launch commemoration special – The “Greatest Hits” version of Persona 4 Golden launches February 5. This segment will reveal fans’ top 10 favorite Persona 4 Golden characters, as conducted via a pre-stream vote.
  • 19:30 – Top 25 Persona Songs – An announcement of fans’ favorite songs from throughout the series, as decided via a pre-stream vote.
  • 21:30 – A two-hour special digest of Persona 3 the Movie #1: Spring of Birth and Persona 3 the Movie #2: Midsummer Knight’s Dream.
  • 23:40 – ??? (Unannounced)

February 5 (Niconico live stream)

• 12:30 – ??? (Unannounced)
  • 13:00 – Top 25 Persona Songs (Repeat)
  • 15:00 – Persona 4 Golden Vita the Best version launch commemoration special (Repeat)
  • 17:00 – ??? (Unannounced, Repeat)
  • 18:00 – Final countdown commencement with Teddie
  • 18:?? – Persona Stalker Club: Nippon Budokan Special – Join hosts Tomomi Isomura and Mafia Kajita as they host a special episode of the Persona-themed variety show live online. In addition to the usual segments, viewers can expect to find the latest Persona news coming out of this episode.
  • 21:?? – ????? (Unannounced, though it’s worth noting the Japanese description features five red question marks)

The most important thing about the last event is that those five question marks appear in the red color (the Persona 5 color) in the Japanese description, so we know how it goes.

We also now know, thankfully, that we can skip most of this and just move on to the good part.