Persona 5, Dragon Quest, Disgaea 5, and Ys coming to PS4!

• 63 results
#1 Edited by Blabadon (26562 posts) -

If you really need a source, here, IGN.com, but this thread was made so people could wake up, hit up System Wars, and see the happy news.

As a reminder, Persona 5 will come to PS4 and PS3, Dragon Quest Heroes to PS4 and PS3, Ys to PS4 and Vita, and Disgaea 5 only to PS4 so far.

Dragon Quest Heroes apparently isn't a JRPG though. Huh.

JRPG fans, how's the news feel? Which one are you most excited about?

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -

The new Dragon Quest isn't an RPG though, unless you were just making a thread about these games in general, rather than JRPG ones.

#4 Edited by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

BOOM!

#6 Posted by DocSanchez (1634 posts) -

Persona V? Score.

#7 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (420 posts) -

I was hoping to see a Dragon Quest and Y's come to the 3DS. Not really into playing these types of games on anything but portables for some reason.

#8 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2433 posts) -

Still no game play for persona 5?

#9 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2735 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

BOOM!

#10 Edited by yokofox33 (29867 posts) -

Hotness. The wait for amazing games will be worth it for the PS4.

#11 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17914 posts) -

Hell yea. Have always liked "JRPGs". Don't really understand why gamers today feel the need to classify them as so, though. During the PS1 era, that's all we got and they were awesome games. i.e. games are games

Also, I know Sony is totally focused on PS4, and understandably so, but come on, one really awesome Vita announcement please.

#12 Posted by Ghost120x (3909 posts) -

Sony killed it yesterday. Great games for both the portable and handheld.

#13 Posted by silversix_ (14781 posts) -

ALl crappy games that only Charizard plays!

#14 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26570 posts) -

Ys for PS4 has me really excited. Also with a god eater 2 burst announced theres a small chance that it could come over since the psp god eater game was the burst version as well.

#15 Edited by ChronosChris (296 posts) -

Dragon Quest Heroes says RPG in the trailer.. Whether that means it's an actually an RPG remains to be seen... It could be an action RPG. Or it could just be dynasty warriors with limited RPG elements.

#16 Edited by Legend002 (7204 posts) -

P5 with the DS4 and PS4 interface? Yes!

#17 Posted by Boddicker (2785 posts) -

Dragon Quest Heroes but it's not an RPG?!?!?!?

I smell a fighting game. That makes me sad.

#18 Posted by Lionheart08 (15433 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

Based off the trailer, it looks like Dragon Quest meets Dynasty Warriors.

#19 Edited by KBFloYd (13796 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

its a dynasty warriors game....like hyrule warriors

#20 Edited by Shewgenja (9601 posts) -

PS4 has finally arrived. The Greatness Waited.

Thank you Based Kaz.

#21 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

JRPs

#22 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Great for those who like hentai.

#23 Posted by HernandeZzzz (602 posts) -

YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

#24 Posted by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

insane line-up. PS4 will be unstoppable in Japan.

But the Dragon Quest game doesn't has a roman number in front. Does that mean it will be a shitty spin-off? Is not like the series has been any good since VIII anyway.

#26 Posted by AcidTango (609 posts) -

I wonder if those games will attract Japanese gamers more to the PS4?

#27 Edited by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

just watched the DQ Heroes trailer... What a disappointment. It pisses me off so much I'm just going to pretend that the game doesn't exist.

#28 Edited by Assassin_87 (2313 posts) -

"Meh" news for me as a JRPG fan. Persona 5 and Xenoblade X are what I am looking forward to in that genre over the next year or so.

#29 Edited by AcidTango (609 posts) -

They should of made the new DQ its tradition gameplay instead of this action gameplay. That really could of moved some sales in Japan.

#30 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2808 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

insane line-up. PS4 will be unstoppable in Japan.

But the Dragon Quest game doesn't has a roman number in front. Does that mean it will be a shitty spin-off? Is not like the series has been any good since VIII anyway.

But both Personna 5 and DQ are on the PS3. I see FF XV being a bigger system seller over there, since, even if a pc version was announced, the PS4 version be far more popular than both xbox and pc.

I don't think many japanese gamers will buy a PS4 when the PS3 is already more popular, if i'm not mistaken.

DQ is suppose to be a Musou type game, going from the trailer. Not really interested in that myself. I like my WiiU but not really digging Hyrule Warriors much

#31 Edited by Boddicker (2785 posts) -

@Lionheart08 said:

@Boddicker said:

Based off the trailer, it looks like Dragon Quest meets Dynasty Warriors.

Oi Vey *facepalm*

I'm really not a fan of Dynasty Warriors.

#32 Edited by Wanderer5 (25721 posts) -

Blah Ys should come to the PS3 too.:x I won't be ready to get a PS4 in a long while! Well least if I look into it, i can check out Persona 5.

#33 Posted by ZombeGoast (437 posts) -

Oh boy, more cross gen games.

#34 Posted by funsohng (28104 posts) -

Already have PS3 and Vita, and don't care about Disagea.

#35 Posted by arcSE7EN (248 posts) -

Legend of Dragoons 2, Radiata Stories 2, Suikoden, Breath of Fire, Jeanne D' Arc 2 and Front Mission please!

#36 Posted by Seabas989 (10378 posts) -

Hooray! Looks like I will be a future PS4 owner given 2015 will be amazing overall.

Meh at Vita (R.I.P.) and the DQ spinoff. I don't care for Disgaea.

I still haven't touched any of the Ys games I own.

#37 Posted by hiphops_savior (7939 posts) -

Kind of embarrassing if your console is getting doubled up by an inferior machine in Japan, isn't it?

PS4 needs all the help it can get, because marketing alone won't sell you consoles in Japan.

#38 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

persona 5?

yayyyy

#39 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2765 posts) -

Yay, Persona 5... A title that's also coming to PS3.

Yay, Dragon Quest... One of the most beloved jrpg franchises is now coming to PS4, as a non-jrpg.

Yay, Disgaea... The fifth installment of an overmilked franchise that puts zero effort into refreshing their games except adding minor tweaks to the battle system.

Yay, Ys... Actually I don't know anything about this but judging from the above games, I'm guessing this one isn't going to be much to brag about.

I'm just shaking my head man, this new gen is off to a *GREAT* start... A whole bunch of fps games, even more action and less rpg in the "rpg" games, re-mastered versions of already released games, big focus on even more indie crap with pixelated sidescrollers that will get filthy amounts of praise, jrpgs becoming even less relevant.

#40 Edited by Ballroompirate (23021 posts) -

Sony went HAM

#41 Posted by Jynxzor (9309 posts) -

What is this Atlus releasing their persona game on current gen hardware before doing it on last gen? I don't believe this.

#42 Posted by commonfate (12457 posts) -

@kingjazziephiz said:

Still no game play for persona 5?

In the trailer time stops suddenly and the dude looks to be about college age. That's all there is to say on it so far.

#43 Edited by MBirdy88 (8310 posts) -

Ok this makes me happy... I was p*ssed when Persona 5 was only coming to PS3..

#44 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6559 posts) -

Ahhh PS4 I know there was a reason to buy you, now we are talking :D Atleast a handful of games of those lists Ima gonna nab, but P5 is pretty much on the top of the heap here :D

#45 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22486 posts) -

Congratulations ps4 you finally have games

#46 Posted by Chutebox (37351 posts) -

i always thought Persona and Disgaea are the same thing lol. Shows how much I know!

#47 Posted by charizard1605 (58094 posts) -

lolXbone

lolWiiU

Fuck anything that ain't the PS4 this gen, boys and girls, because Sony just brought their A game with them and they nailed it.

#48 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -

I don't care about Dragon Quest or Disgaea, but Persona 5 and Ys to PS4 is awesome

#49 Edited by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

lolXbone

lolWiiU

Fuck anything that ain't the PS4 this gen, boys and girls, because Sony just brought their A game with them and they nailed it.

Hellz yeeyah. Fuck 'em all except the PS4Life!

#50 Edited by charizard1605 (58094 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@charizard1605 said:

lolXbone

lolWiiU

Hellz yeeyah. Fuck 'em all except the PS4Life!

Where's that one lossingENDS post... HOT TEARS OF JOY STREAMING DOWN MY FACE... I feel that is appropriate right now.

EDIT: Ah, here we go.