People who complain about Anti Piracy methods are mad only because....

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Painballz
Member since 2008 • 1058 Posts

They can't pirate the game as easy.

They want to be able to just download the game from some torrent and then jump on multiplayer free of charge without having to use cracked servers

They stuff, like what about the people with internet, who the heck has a gaming PC with no internet.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
wrong. ppl can still download cracks for games and play then in lan or private servers. what annoys me is junk that installs on my pc and screws it up and also doesn't delete when i uninstall the game.
Avatar image for ILikeCatFoodMan
ILikeCatFoodMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ILikeCatFoodMan
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts
My sister plays The movies and sims on pc with no internet.
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

No because when I bought bioshock from steam I was in for some of the most BS anti piracy methods I have ever seen in my life. Then guess what? The pirates crack the game and don't have to go through the same hassle as me. Who has lost out here?

And don't get me started on starforce....

BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts

who the heck has a gaming PC with no internet.Painballz

Eskimos.

Slyprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Slyprince
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts
Im pretty sure you are not allowed to be discussing this type of thing.
tmatte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tmatte
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
Who complains about anti-piracy methods?
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
Doubt it. You do know that there are private servers? where you could play games, that are pirated? Those that do complain are the ones that usually buy ligit copies of games and then have to go through alot of trouble activitating them.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
I also liked the ones that blamed Crytek for making their game too powerful thus people with average PC were the only ones to pirate it. Yeah, I'm sure the average joe schmo with a low end PC knows how to pirate a game, he must also be one of the guys with dial up and doesn't like to connect to the internet unless he is downloading a game so he cannot valite his key.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
No I hate being punsihed for legally buying the game. I hate having to jump though hoops, and hop on one leg to play the blasted game. Some anti-piracy methods are alright but others make it feel like a punishment for buying the game.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
duh? but why did you get an 8800ultra? anyways...but most companies dont know how to do antipiracy right. only valve really gets it since its darn near impossible to pirate their games yet you dont have to jump through hoops. honestly in the future microsoft should make a steam like service for all games and intergrate it into windows.....that would solve piracy.
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Painballz

No because when I bought bioshock from steam I was in for some of the most BS anti piracy methods I have ever seen in my life. Then guess what? The pirates crack the game and don't have to go through the same hassle as me. Who has lost out here?

jangojay

I found nothing wrong in Bioshock's anti piracy method, it was the same as every other game

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Who complains about anti-piracy methods?tmatte

consumers. pirates complain about cracks.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Painballz

duh? but why did you get an 8800ultra? anyways...but most companies dont know how to do antipiracy right. only valve really gets it since its darn near impossible to pirate their games yet you dont have to jump through hoops. honestly in the future microsoft should make a steam like service for all games and intergrate it into windows.....that would solve piracy.darkmagician06

I've had this Ultra since July 07

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Painballz

No I hate being punsihed for legally buying the game. I hate having to jump though hoops, and hop on one leg to play the blasted game. Some anti-piracy methods are alright but others make it feel like a punishment for buying the game.Chaos_HL21

Its not punishment, its a way to keep Pirates from stealing games.

You have to deal with it, don't blame the dev's, blame the pirates

Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts
Survey says: BZZZZT! Pirates generally just download a cracked copy that's had the anti-piracy software removed. The people complaining about these anti-piracy measures are people who have bought the game and have to jump through stupid activation hoops or suffer from incompatibility and crashes caused by they copy protection software. They're upset (and they have a right to be upset) because they've paid for a product that's inferior and more inconvenient than what the pirates are downloading for free. The pirates aren't complaining about the copy protection measures because they don't have to deal with them. That doesn't sound very fair to me. Anyway, this is why publishers like Stardock should be supported for publishing games without copy protection.
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jangojay
[QUOTE="jangojay"]

Painballz

I found nothing wrong in Bioshock's anti piracy method, it was the same as every other game

You were limited how many times you could install the game.................

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]No I hate being punsihed for legally buying the game. I hate having to jump though hoops, and hop on one leg to play the blasted game. Some anti-piracy methods are alright but others make it feel like a punishment for buying the game.Painballz

Didn't you create another thread about the exact same topic about an hour ago?

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
I complain about Anti-Piracy methods because they make it so I cannot use Xbox Live content that I legally bought and paid for.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_HL21"]No I hate being punsihed for legally buying the game. I hate having to jump though hoops, and hop on one leg to play the blasted game. Some anti-piracy methods are alright but others make it feel like a punishment for buying the game.Painballz

It is a punishment, it does not keep the pirates from stealing games, they will find ways around it, while the people who legally own the game will have to pay the price.

Companies like StarDock have no copy-protection on their games and they manage, infact they allow you to download their game over StarDock Central.

Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Iyethar

1. It doesn't actually work. Pirates steal the games anyway. 2. I don't have to deal with it. I don't buy or play games with overly intrusive copy protection. 3. I do blame the publishers, they were the ones who chose to hobble every legitimate copy of their software.
Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts
painballz loves starforce.
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jangojay"]

jangojay

Dude, they did that so you can't pass it around to all of your friends, beat the game and be done with it.

KingCotton462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KingCotton462
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts

They want to be able to just download the game from some torrent and then jump on multiplayer free of charge without having to use cracked servers

They stuff, like what about the people with internet, who the heck has a gaming PC with no internet.

Painballz

Many 'Pirates' torrent the game just to demo it and ultimately helps make the decision to buy.

As for the people with no internetz, well the majority of PC gamers originate from poorer countries and can barely afford dail up.

Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cute_Red_Panda
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
Not defending pirates, but how can you steal something that doesn't belong to anyone?
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jangojay
[QUOTE="jangojay"][QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jangojay"]

Painballz

Dude, they did that so you can't pass it around to all of your friends, beat the game and be done with it.

For someone like who formats on a weekly basis it is a very big pain to know that...and I still haven't finished bioshock and I bought it a few days after it was live on steam......also I'm basically screwed out of 60 bucks when I formatted 3 times. How do you feel knowing that you bought a game and 3weeks later you will be unable to access it...

Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Iyethar
[QUOTE="jangojay"][QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jangojay"]

Painballz

That's BS. If I buy a game, I have the right to beat it and give it to a friend when I'm done with it.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

jangojay

theres the crux of the problem. pirates get off scot free...legit customers get screwed.

not all anti piracy measures are good....MEs one least of all. piracy needs to be tackeled but it needs to be done in a transparent and non invasive way. ideally legit customers should be able to put in the disc and install away..and all the anti piracy stuff kicks in in the background (and doesent play havock with ure PC). requiring the game to call back every 10 days fits neither of those criteria.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jangojay
[QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jangojay"][QUOTE="Painballz"][QUOTE="jangojay"]

Iyethar

That's BS. If I buy a game, I have the right to beat it and give it to a friend when I'm done with it.

And this is true as well. But I used the real reason why I was pissed.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

KingCotton462

Many 'Pirates' torrent the game just to demo it and ultimately helps make the decision to buy.

As for the people with no internetz, well the majority of PC gamers originate from poorer countries and can barely afford dail up.

People who pirate games, will play on private servers instead of buying the game and are you serious about that second comment? Nvidia won company of the year in 07

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Big_T-Mac
I complain about Anti-Piracy methods because they make it so I cannot use Xbox Live content that I legally bought and paid for.Fredrick2003x
me too. and considering how often u have to get a new console because it inevitably fails every four months, ur truly f'd in the a. my grandma doesn't have the internet, why the hell would she? so everytime i go to her house when i'm back home to enjoy some rock band with my family, i'm stuck w/ only the damned disc tracks even though i have 20 songs hiding from me. thats bull****.
KingCotton462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KingCotton462
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts
[QUOTE="KingCotton462"][QUOTE="Painballz"]

Painballz

People who pirate games, will play on private servers instead of buying the game and are you serious about that second comment? Nvidia won company of the year in 07

Th best selling PC games require 56k or lower, you know I'm right with my statements.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 spinecaton

[QUOTE="Fredrick2003x"]I complain about Anti-Piracy methods because they make it so I cannot use Xbox Live content that I legally bought and paid for.Big_T-Mac
me too. and considering how often u have to get a new console because it inevitably fails every four months, ur truly f'd in the a. my grandma doesn't have the internet, why the hell would she? so everytime i go to her house when i'm back home to enjoy some rock band with my family, i'm stuck w/ only the damned disc tracks even though i have 20 songs hiding from me. thats bull****.

I don't think that has to deal with piracy at all, that has to deal with digital rights which I think was a horrible idea to have it lock to the console you purchase it on.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts

Painballz
First of all, this will NOT make it much harder for people to pirate the games. They can just strip the game of its activation system and people can pirate it just as easily as any other game. I absolutely HATE these extensive anti-piracy measures. Don't get me wrong, I'm all against piracy, but it is absolutely ridiculous for someone who actually bought the game to have to validate your install every week. This severely hurts the people who don't have internet access (yes they do exist, I didn't have internet access at one time). Simply put, the pirates will still pirate, and the only thing this copy protection does is hurt the actual customer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Painballz

Didn't you get the memo? Piracy isn't a problem on the PC. Not at all. That is just a conspiracy started by developers who make crappy games and want someone to blame for poor sales.

Just ask the hermits. They'll tell you. They all buy everything and none of them have a single pirated item on their PC.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 spinecaton
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

ZIMdoom

Didn't you get the memo? Piracy isn't a problem on the PC. Not at all. That is just a conspiracy started by developers who make crappy games and want someone to blame for poor sales.

Just ask the hermits. They'll tell you. They all buy everything and none of them have a single pirated item on their PC.

99% of all pirates use the torrent as a demo to see if they like the game enough to buy it.:P

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jangojay
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

ZIMdoom

I don't have a single pirated item on my PC, I'm not sure what your goal saying this is about?

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"][QUOTE="Painballz"]

spinecaton

99% of all pirates use the torrent as a demo to see if they like the game enough to buy it.:P

Haha, then the devs must be mad then that pirating is actually making users find out their games are crappy before they buy it.
Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Big_T-Mac

[QUOTE="Big_T-Mac"][QUOTE="Fredrick2003x"]I complain about Anti-Piracy methods because they make it so I cannot use Xbox Live content that I legally bought and paid for.spinecaton

I don't think that has to deal with piracy at all, that has to deal with digital rights which I think was a horrible idea to have it lock to the console you purchase it on.

well, i'm just filing both under "things i legally purchased but can't access" be it game or dlc :P

[QUOTE="Painballz"]

Colonel_Cool
First of all, this will NOT make it much harder for people to pirate the games. They can just strip the game of its activation system and people can pirate it just as easily as any other game. I absolutely HATE these extensive anti-piracy measures. Don't get me wrong, I'm all against piracy, but it is absolutely ridiculous for someone who actually bought the game to have to validate your install every week. This severely hurts the people who don't have internet access (yes they do exist, I didn't have internet access at one time). Simply put, the pirates will still pirate, and the only thing this copy protection does is hurt the actual customer.

agreed. i too went for a two month period without legal internet access making MY pc & 360 offline. long story invloving a roommate's ***** of an ex-girlfriend later, i can attest that i would have sworn to burn down bioware's offices if i had not been able to access Mass Effect had it been out, even if they are one of my fav companies.
Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Big_T-Mac
[QUOTE="spinecaton"][QUOTE="ZIMdoom"][QUOTE="Painballz"]

Colonel_Cool

Haha, then the devs must be mad then that pirating is actually making users find out their games are crappy before they buy it.

bingo. as someone who dl's the demos to a bunch of games, i go from wanting a game to knocking it out of my head when a demo gives me a true idea of the game and i realise all that hype was just that; hype.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Painballz

Anyone who lives in rural America. I have a friend who lives about 10 miles outside of Brownsburg, IN (itself about 10 miles out of Indianapolis), and he has no access to broadband - he has to use dialup. Do you want to have to dial up to authenticate your games?

And this is less than half an hour outside a major city - imagine what it's like in the middle of nowhere.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

lowe0

Anyone who lives in rural America. I have a friend who lives about 10 miles outside of Brownsburg, IN (itself about 10 miles out of Indianapolis), and he has no access to broadband - he has to use dialup. Do you want to have to dial up to authenticate your games?

And this is less than half an hour outside a major city - imagine what it's like in the middle of nowhere.

Well, hes the minority

sm0ke311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sm0ke311
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
pc, xbox360, wii ps2 but u cant pirate ps3
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
[QUOTE="Iyethar"]Survey says: BZZZZT! Pirates generally just download a cracked copy that's had the anti-piracy software removed. The people complaining about these anti-piracy measures are people who have bought the game and have to jump through stupid activation hoops or suffer from incompatibility and crashes caused by they copy protection software. They're upset (and they have a right to be upset) because they've paid for a product that's inferior and more inconvenient than what the pirates are downloading for free. The pirates aren't complaining about the copy protection measures because they don't have to deal with them. That doesn't sound very fair to me. Anyway, this is why publishers like Stardock should be supported for publishing games without copy protection.

I completely agree. Having a serial number is tolerable, but constant checking like what Bioware wants to do is outrageous.
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Painballz

[QUOTE="Iyethar"]Survey says: BZZZZT! Pirates generally just download a cracked copy that's had the anti-piracy software removed. The people complaining about these anti-piracy measures are people who have bought the game and have to jump through stupid activation hoops or suffer from incompatibility and crashes caused by they copy protection software. They're upset (and they have a right to be upset) because they've paid for a product that's inferior and more inconvenient than what the pirates are downloading for free. The pirates aren't complaining about the copy protection measures because they don't have to deal with them. That doesn't sound very fair to me. Anyway, this is why publishers like Stardock should be supported for publishing games without copy protection.MagnuzGuerra
I completely agree. Having a serial number is tolerable, but constant checking like what Bioware wants to do is outrageous.

Dude, you won't even know when these checks are happening because thry run behind scenes, kinda like Steam.

Stop complaining just because its getting harder for you to pirate games.

MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts

Stop complaining just because its getting harder for you to pirate games.

Painballz
No it isn't. Don't you get that's what companies are doing? Calling every legit consumer "pirate". Why are you accusing me of piracy? Just because I'll be annoyed by their "effective" anti-piracy methods while pirates won't? I don't see how you can be this offensive just because you are "against" piracy. Or are you against me?
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Flexmaster_365
Member since 2006 • 1650 Posts
Wrong those anti piracy methods simply annoy the rest of us, when the piracy cant be stopped because everything eventually gets cracked. The only thing 10 day CD key checks and having to update the game online does is encourage more people to pirate.
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Iyethar

Stop complaining just because its getting harder for you to pirate games. Painballz

It's not getting any harder to pirate games. All pirates have to do is wait an average of 3-4 days and download a cracked copy.

What's getting harder is playing games that you bought and paid for. That just isn't right.

Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Flexmaster_365
Member since 2006 • 1650 Posts

[QUOTE="Painballz"]Stop complaining just because its getting harder for you to pirate games. Iyethar

It's not getting any harder to pirate games. All pirates have to do is wait an average of 3-4 days and download a cracked copy.

What's getting harder is playing copies of games that you bought and paid for. That just isn't right.

Amen brotha.