People jumping ship to PC gaming

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"] because imaginary hardware doesn't play gamesJandurin

We've already been down that road

look you don't make your precious ps4 look any better by being an idiot go work out or something

I'm not an idiot, and I exercise on a regular basis

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Davekeeh"]
We've already been down that road

Davekeeh

look you don't make your precious ps4 look any better by being an idiot go work out or something

I'm not an idiot, and I exercise on a regular basis

so go
DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts
[QUOTE="DarthRamms"][QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

I bought a gaming PC and I regret it very much, a big reminder on why I love my Playstation so much

call_of_duty_10
yea because you bought a alienware smart move buying overprice products

Orrrrr maybe its because PC misses games like rdr,tlou,uncharted,halo etc Gets late ports of many games. Has lost its biggest exclusives to consoles. If you own a console,you feel like you are inside the circle of game devs and gamers.If you own a pc only,you feel like a stepchild.

So games from mainly two different platforms I wouldn't mind getting a later if the version is good but usually most games we don't get a later port funny when there many coming to the PC
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

all next gen consoles are major flops right now except possibly the wii U and even that nobody wants to buy. Im seeing a trend where alot of people are jumping on the pc bandwagon. Well I welcome all of you who want to join, the master race's doors are always open. Our games are cheap and plentiful, their is plenty of competition for the consumers $$, online gaming has always been and always will be completely free. The platform is completely open to one and to all. If you want to play on a monitor you can, if you want to play on a tv with a controller you can also do that.

It maybe true that the PC model right now is similar to the xbox one, however since the competition is fierce and there is alot of different vendors out there, you can rest assured you w will never be ripped off.

Praisedasun

oh please.

PC gamers here are **** annoying."Master race" my ass.I play on my PC aswell,but I don't go outside telling everyone.

this didn't start until console people started attacking the pc. hermits were very quiet last gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

this didn't start until console people started attacking the pc. hermits were very quiet last gen.

CaseyWegner
i seem to remember starting a few anti-hermit threads good times
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

I don't see "everything but the X1..." so I'll go with PC and another console since it's the closest.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DarthRamms

I bought a gaming PC and I regret it very much, a big reminder on why I love my Playstation so much

Davekeeh

yea because you bought a alienware smart move buying overprice products

It wouldn't matter what kind of gaming PC I would have bought, the regret would have been the same

said the guy who don't even play that many games on the PC with few games with actual noteworthy hours on I mean really over 200 hrs on a game like awesomenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
the heck is awesomenaut
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Been pc gaming since what seems forever, late 80s for me, but got heavily into pc gamin during early 90s.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

I don't like the idea of dirty console peasants jumping to pc gaming. Master race should remain clean.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] seriously? do you think that developers program their games on a console?

Does it really matter where they make their games? I am sure RDR was made on PC too.How the heck does that make things better for me as a PC gamer?

how the heck does a console make you feel like you're included in some circle you are beyond deluded gaming companies hate you and want nothing more than your money and for you and your nasty cheeto breath to be as far away as possible

Well,Destiny ,Division and GTAV,all very expensive and high quality games have been announced for consoles. No word of PC versions yet. I am not saying that they wont be on PC.But the way PC gets ignored by big devs/publishers speaks volumes about their priorities. And why should I care if devs hate me?They create products that I find valuable,and hence I do not mind paying for them.The relation between me and publishers is not personal.I only care about their games.And since they prefer consoles,I am highly dissatisfied with my experience with PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="DarthRamms"] yea because you bought a alienware smart move buying overprice productsDarthRamms

It wouldn't matter what kind of gaming PC I would have bought, the regret would have been the same

said the guy who don't even play that many games on the PC with few games with actual noteworthy hours on I mean really over 200 hrs on a game like awesomenaut

Awesomenauts > all PC games

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

I am jumping out next gen.lol

call_of_duty_10

You were never even on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
And since they prefer consolescall_of_duty_10
DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DarthRamms
[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] Does it really matter where they make their games? I am sure RDR was made on PC too.How the heck does that make things better for me as a PC gamer?

how the heck does a console make you feel like you're included in some circle you are beyond deluded gaming companies hate you and want nothing more than your money and for you and your nasty cheeto breath to be as far away as possible

Well,Destiny ,Division and GTAV,all very expensive and high quality games have been announced for consoles. No word of PC versions yet. I am not saying that they wont be on PC.But the way PC gets ignored by big devs/publishers speaks volumes about their priorities. And why should I care if devs hate me?They create products that I find valuable,and hence I do not mind paying for them.The relation between me and publishers is not personal.I only care about their games.And since they prefer consoles,I am highly dissatisfied with my experience with PC.

Bungie are keen on a PC version not to mention even the developers for Division are considering it a PC version has not been denied for GTA V but a pc version has always come out for the franchise later on ever since GTA III.
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Ive been PC gaming ship for a while.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Davekeeh

Awesomenauts is on PC too. I have bought it for 0.99 :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="DarthRamms"] said the guy who don't even play that many games on the PC with few games with actual noteworthy hours on I mean really over 200 hrs on a game like awesomenaut jhonMalcovich

Awesomenauts is on PC too. I have bought it for 0.99 :roll:

I know, that's why I have 200 hours in it on Steam

call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 call_of_duty_10
[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]And since they prefer consolesJandurin

I believe you should have spent your time to come up with a good response,and not an image which clearly serves no purpose. Okay,if you believe that developers prefer PC,then tell me WHY most games aren't built for PC first and then scaled down for consoles like battlefield 3? WHY is there a huge jump in graphics because of ps4,but not the 680gtx? WHY do most publishers announce games on consoles first?
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] Does it really matter where they make their games? I am sure RDR was made on PC too.How the heck does that make things better for me as a PC gamer?call_of_duty_10

Those games are even released yet. Until they do, many new announcements will be made. I wouldn´t discard any PC version day 1 for those games. 

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#122 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

All console gamers care about is marketing.

They need ot be told, by large coporaitons, what games are cool, and what games aren't. They are like a cancer on gaming.

I think PC gaming will be just fine without them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
WHY do most publishers announce games on consoles first?call_of_duty_10
because Microsoft and Sony will do the marketing work for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

All console gamers care about is marketing.

They need ot be told, by large coporaitons, what games are cool, and what games aren't. They are like a cancer on gaming.

I think PC gaming will be just fine without them.

Kinthalis

I'd rather listen to large corporations than Hermits who recommend trash like Torchlight

call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 call_of_duty_10
[QUOTE="DarthRamms"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] how the heck does a console make you feel like you're included in some circle you are beyond deluded gaming companies hate you and want nothing more than your money and for you and your nasty cheeto breath to be as far away as possible

Bungie are keen on a PC version not to mention even the developers for Division are considering it a PC version has not been denied for GTA V but a pc version has always come out for the franchise later on ever since GTA III.

I never said that they won't be released.I do think that there will be a PC version. However,since there has been no formal announcement,there is a greater chance of cancellation.People who are going to buy a PS4 know that they will get to play division on day 1 as long as Ubisoft does not go bankrupt or the game doesn't get cancelled.Can you say that same for PC-only gamers?
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

It's funny how anytime someone threatens to jump ship from console gaming to PC, the PC has always been there throughout gens. 

I'm getting back into gaming though, so I'm buying a PS4. No real reason other than strong first party and don't want to go through doing the rig process. (I know it's easier than ever before but not as easy as what I did when I placed a preorder a few days ago. XD)

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="DarthRamms"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] Well,Destiny ,Division and GTAV,all very expensive and high quality games have been announced for consoles. No word of PC versions yet. I am not saying that they wont be on PC.But the way PC gets ignored by big devs/publishers speaks volumes about their priorities. And why should I care if devs hate me?They create products that I find valuable,and hence I do not mind paying for them.The relation between me and publishers is not personal.I only care about their games.And since they prefer consoles,I am highly dissatisfied with my experience with PC.call_of_duty_10

I never said that they won't be released.I do think that there will be a PC version. However,since there has been no formal announcement,there is a greater chance of cancellation.People who are going to buy a PS4 know that they will get to play division on day 1 as long as Ubisoft does not go bankrupt or the game doesn't get cancelled.Can you say that same for PC-only gamers?

And PC-only gamers know for sure that we will play Star Citizen day one. Can you say the same for console-only gamers? :roll: Oh, they won´t play it at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
wth is star citizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator video game for the PC. It consists of persistent world massively multiplayer, single-player campaign, and customizable private server components. Sounds awful
DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DarthRamms
[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="DarthRamms"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] Well,Destiny ,Division and GTAV,all very expensive and high quality games have been announced for consoles. No word of PC versions yet. I am not saying that they wont be on PC.But the way PC gets ignored by big devs/publishers speaks volumes about their priorities. And why should I care if devs hate me?They create products that I find valuable,and hence I do not mind paying for them.The relation between me and publishers is not personal.I only care about their games.And since they prefer consoles,I am highly dissatisfied with my experience with PC.

Like PC gamer don't have other games to look forward to day of their release PS4 players might not be able to play games like Titanfall day one or other games
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]And since they prefer consolescall_of_duty_10

I believe you should have spent your time to come up with a good response,and not an image which clearly serves no purpose. Okay,if you believe that developers prefer PC,then tell me WHY most games aren't built for PC first and then scaled down for consoles like battlefield 3? WHY is there a huge jump in graphics because of ps4,but not the 680gtx? WHY do most publishers announce games on consoles first?

Still mad over the fact that pc get the best version of multiplats and consoles lose exclusives left and right to PC.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 jhonMalcovich

wth is star citizenJandurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
what are the expected specs?
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 jhonMalcovich

what are the expected specs?Jandurin

I5 and GTX670 is recommended

call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"][QUOTE="DarthRamms"] Bungie are keen on a PC version not to mention even the developers for Division are considering it a PC version has not been denied for GTA V but a pc version has always come out for the franchise later on ever since GTA III. jhonMalcovich

And PC-only gamers know for sure that we will play Star Citizen day one. Can you say that same for console-only gamers? :roll:

No.

However,Star Citizen is not being published by a big publisher by EA,Ubisoft,Acti etc.,hence the example is not enough to counter my claim which states that publishers focus on consoles.

And what is the probability of more big games (like star citizen,for instance) getting financed by kickstarter?We know for certain that Ubisoft and Activision will keep making them as long as the industry does not die.

EDIT:I will assume that you were solemn when you stated that console only gamers will never get to play SC.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/23/roberts-would-definitely-consider-putting-star-citizen-on-ps4/

Since Division and Destiny PC-versions are 'confirmed' due to comments by devs like the one mentioned just above,I believe the article undermines your statement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]wth is star citizenjhonMalcovich

*video*

um so sort of like FTL but with graphics?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]what are the expected specs?jhonMalcovich

hmmmmmm i'd definitely be taking a hit i tried to run that then
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] I never said that they won't be released.I do think that there will be a PC version. However,since there has been no formal announcement,there is a greater chance of cancellation.People who are going to buy a PS4 know that they will get to play division on day 1 as long as Ubisoft does not go bankrupt or the game doesn't get cancelled.Can you say that same for PC-only gamers?call_of_duty_10

And PC-only gamers know for sure that we will play Star Citizen day one. Can you say that same for console-only gamers? :roll:

No.

However,Star Citizen is not being published by a big publisher by EA,Ubisoft,Acti etc.,hence the example is not enough to counter my claim which states that publishers focus on consoles.

And what is the probability of more big games (like star citizen,for instance) getting financed by kickstarter?We know for certain that Ubisoft and Activision will keep making them as long as the industry does not die.

Star Citizen wouldn´t never be approved by a big publisher in the first place. It´s too hardcore. Ubisoft and Activision will keep making mainsteam games.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]what are the expected specs?Jandurin

It will be released next year so you´d better start thinking of an upgrade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

It will be released next year so you´d better start thinking of an upgrade.

jhonMalcovich
nah i'm patient. and i'd rather give it a chance to really suck before getting excited about it probably upgrading in about 3 years
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]what are the expected specs?Jandurin

It´s gonna be like Wing Commander spiritual sequel which is a space dog fighting game with adventure elements.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
PS3 & XBox 360 will be my primary consoles for the next year. PS4 will be my secondary. 3DS & PSP are 3rd. The PC is the last system I use to play games.
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

jhonMalcovich

No.

Star Citizen wouldn´t never be approved by a big publisher in the first place. It´s too hardcore. Ubisoft and Activision will keep making mainsteam games.

How exactly would you define a "hardcore" game? I will assume that your definition matches that of people on internet forums such as the one we are on,at the moment.In that case,dark souls,Demon's souls,Assassins creed,Dragon Age Origins,Far Cry 3,Bioshock Infinite and many other games shouldn't exist.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"] I never said that they won't be released.I do think that there will be a PC version. However,since there has been no formal announcement,there is a greater chance of cancellation.People who are going to buy a PS4 know that they will get to play division on day 1 as long as Ubisoft does not go bankrupt or the game doesn't get cancelled.Can you say that same for PC-only gamers?call_of_duty_10

No.

EDIT:I will assume that you were solemn when you stated that console only gamers will never get to play SC.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/23/roberts-would-definitely-consider-putting-star-citizen-on-ps4/

Since Division and Destiny PC-versions are 'confirmed' due to comments by devs like the one mentioned just above,I believe the article undermines your statement.

You should read attentively:

He said:

Im not a PC elitist by any means; if I could be on the PS4, and they were open, and I could do the updating and all the sort of stuff were trying to do on Star Citizen, then I would definitely consider putting it on PS4, because its essentially a PC with a friendlier operating system.

The thing is PS4 is not open and updates are not free. So the chances are slim.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

No.

call_of_duty_10

How exactly would you define a "hardcore" game? I will assume that your definition matches that of people on internet forums such as the one we are on,at the moment.In that case,dark souls,Demon's souls,Assassins creed,Dragon Age Origins,Far Cry 3,Bioshock Infinite and many other games shouldn't exist.

I´ve never said that. I say  Ubisoft and Activision have never released a space sim because it´s too niche and risky genre. That´s it.

I define "hardcore" as something that requieres patience and learning skills. And dark souls and Demon's souls were never released by those companies.

Darkmoone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#146 Darkmoone1
Member since 2008 • 2845 Posts
A good PC is good and all, but I feel like I would be seriously missing out on some exclusives if I don't get a console. To be honest I can't do gaming unless I have both the console and PC. They're both essential to having a complete gaming experience for myself.
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 call_of_duty_10

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

No.

jhonMalcovich

He said:

Im not a PC elitist by any means; if I could be on the PS4, and they were open, and I could do the updating and all the sort of stuff were trying to do on Star Citizen, then I would definitely consider putting it on PS4, because its essentially a PC with a friendlier operating system.

I read an article some time ago,according to which SONY was waiving patch fee for indie devs.

Of course,just saying that would be anecdotical,hence I used google to find something that supports my statement.

I did find an article.However,I am not sure how trustworthy this source is,as far as gaming is concerned.

What I did, getting on board, went across the world and listened to feedback -- and said, "What are the biggest complaints, and how do we knock this out?" So that changed, and we continue to work every week on "what else are they complaining about?"

So if it's, hey, these guys are developing content for Vita, and we like the team, so we send them Vita kits as loaners for free. Or waiving patch fees for independent developers, if they need that support, then we're totally behind it. Sony

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Primal-Carnage-Coming-PS4-Sony-Waives-Patch-Fees-Removes-Concept-Approval-Process-54045.html

MrGameChef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 MrGameChef
Member since 2013 • 76 Posts

Real gamers use PC. They usually have a playstion or xbox for the different games or just to play single player.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

Huh? Everyone has a PC stfu. Master race lol we get consoles for when we get bored of WoW and farmville. 

Pray_to_me
No you get consoles because you like low resolutions, jerky frame rates, poor texture quality, and low quality shadows and effects.
jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jhonMalcovich

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

He said:

call_of_duty_10

I read an article some time ago,according to which SONY was waiving patch fee for indie devs.

Of course,just saying that would be anecdotical,hence I used google to find something that supports my statement.

I did find an article.However,I am not sure how trustworthy this source is,as far as gaming is concerned.

What I did, getting on board, went across the world and listened to feedback -- and said, "What are the biggest complaints, and how do we knock this out?" So that changed, and we continue to work every week on "what else are they complaining about?"

So if it's, hey, these guys are developing content for Vita, and we like the team, so we send them Vita kits as loaners for free. Or waiving patch fees for independent developers, if they need that support, then we're totally behind it. Sony

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Primal-Carnage-Coming-PS4-Sony-Waives-Patch-Fees-Removes-Concept-Approval-Process-54045.html

All this is your speculation. When you see the article that says "Star Citizen confirmed for PS4", then we will talk.