Pedal to the Metal Destroys the New 3DS

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

The team is joined by @darkspineslayer and @inb4uall to size up the incoming "new" 3ds. Feelings will be hurt.

Is gaming journalism officially a joke? Does it even matter?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I'll ask you this question: look at IGN over the next few days, see how much coverage Destiny is getting (and videos already on it) and tell me if you're going to take their review seriously.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Great Discussions here.

New 3DS is strange, but at least one of you was honest enough to say you're still going to buy it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator

@Blabadon: ign can't wait to ride the destiny di@k through november.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Great Discussions here.

New 3DS is strange, but at least one of you was honest enough to say you're still going to buy it.

Is that seriously what my Skype avatar still shows up as? My hair (obviously) isn't nearly that long anymore.

Yeah, i'll still be upgrading.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

September 4th, 2014, 23:25 into the latest P2M recording, we get the quote of all time, folks.

"Sweet nipple, Nintendo"-TheEroica

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@darkspineslayer: you're welcome sheeple....

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

The diarrhea of tears coming from ya'll mouths got me distracted and made me suck at Mario Kart DS. Nintendo owns you all, you just don't know it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@TheEroica: listening to this badboy now, good so far

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LegatoSkyheart

Crap I blame you guys for getting me back on my Vita.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Willy105

@LegatoSkyheart said:

This really is the only place I've seen where Vita gets any attention, let alone praise. Whether or not it's justified, it's still a breath of fresh air.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LegatoSkyheart

@Willy105 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

This really is the only place I've seen where Vita gets any attention, let alone praise. Whether or not it's justified, it's still a breath of fresh air.

No joke. After watching/listening to this Podcast I just happen to see the Prices of some Vita games and noticed how ridiculously well priced they were. I decided that I was going to buy some. Now I have 7 vita games in my library. (not counting the PSP titles).

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Don't hate, appreciate Destiny :P. I believe in Bungie to make a pretty good FPS,also I'll listen to P2M here in a few.

They also made a pretty amazing live action trailer for the game as well, this is what live action game trailers should look like (take notes Capcom and Bioware), also I'm really not a fan of live action trailers but it's hard not to be impressed by the trailer.

Loading Video...

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LegatoSkyheart

@Ballroompirate said:

@TheEroica said:

Don't hate, appreciate Destiny :P. I believe in Bungie to make a pretty good FPS,also I'll listen to P2M here in a few.

They also made a pretty amazing live action trailer for the game as well, this is what live action game trailers should look like (take notes Capcom and Bioware), also I'm really not a fan of live action trailers but it's hard not to be impressed by the trailer.

The point is that 9gn is getting too hyped and would probably give the game a biased flawless review.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ballroompirate

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@TheEroica said:

The point is that 9gn is getting too hyped and would probably give the game a biased flawless review.

At least they got the balls to give games a 9+ score unlike 8spot.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ballroompirate

Holy shyt TheEroica looks like Brian Urlacher XD

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LegatoSkyheart

@Ballroompirate said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@TheEroica said:

you mean flopspot?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ballroompirate

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@TheEroica said:

you mean flopspot?

I can't use Mcsheaspot anymore :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Ballroompirate: haha oh jesus... wish I had Urlacher money. :P

Oh I don't hate on destiny... probably my most anticipated AAA this year. I just know how the ads will be... destiny will fall into my cereal bowl in the morning of September 9th through basically november. Haha. I am rooting for it. I never liked halo, but the beta for this has me excited.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEroica  Moderator

@LegatoSkyheart: glad we could get you back on the viva la vita train brother. All things considered, the vita is a wonderful piece of tech... and although it doesn't translate well to the "system wars" per say, I find that the free library, cross buy/save, legacy library, remote play and ability to act as a second ds4 has more than satisfied my purchase.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

"the balls to give a game a 9+"

What? Some how in this mystical dimension, it's considered brave for game critics to give high scores? the panzy ass, no critiquing ass clowns that basically use the 7-10 scale for better part of 2 decades is brave when it gives a game a 9?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator

I miss the 100 point scale when we could claim conspiracy theories over 1 point. Good times.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I miss the 100 point scale when we could claim conspiracy theories over 1 point. Good times.

The Last of Us 8.9 would have been godly.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ballroompirate

@jg4xchamp said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

What? Some how in this mystical dimension, it's considered brave for game critics to give high scores? the panzy ass, no critiquing ass clowns that basically use the 7-10 scale for better part of 2 decades is brave when it gives a game a 9?

I don't even bother to give credit towards GS reviews anymore cause they will do the usual -praise insert game name- have 1 or 2 cons and sometimes even 0 and they give a game an 8. It's like what, you praise a game and talk about how much you love it and then give it a 7 or a 8, it just doesn't make sense. I don't remember but it was one of Carolyn's reviews she had 0 cons and gave the game an 8 I believe.

A 8 is by no means a bad score unless someone is one of those people think a game isn't worth their money unless it scores a 9+, but if you can't really find anything to keep that game from being a higher score then by all means score it higher, specially here on GS which it's taboo to give games those 9 scores or even 10.

It feels like GS is afraid from the fanboy backlash on certain games/series if they score it higher or lower, so they just slap an 8 on it to please those fans. A great example is I don't even remember the last time a Battflield or CoD game that score higher than the other

Don't think there was a BF game in 2012

BF3 2011- 8.5

BF4 2013- 8

BF BC2 2010- 9

Call of Duty MW3 2011- 8.5

Call of Duty Ghosts 2013- 8

Call of Duty BO2 2012- 8

Call of Duty BO 2010- 9

IGN is pretty meh in reviews, but saying all they do is hand out 9's when GS is just as worse as them at handing out 8's, is just absurd.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ballroompirate

@TheEroica said:

I really miss the 1 point scale, it was pretty entertaining to see people freak out by that LoZ 8.8 score.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Willy105

I liked how the 100 point scale was divided into various smaller scales that measured the quality of graphics, gameplay, value, etc. It felt like the review actually reviewed something instead of just a quick advetising blurb, some screenshots, and a number at the end.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEroica  Moderator

@Willy105: good call. Who asked for lazy opinion pieces in modern day reviews? I want Uber specific reviews that have weight when they drop a score. I miss catagory scores too...

At the end of the day, I'm probably going to be holding one of y'alls opinion on a game I'm on the fence on over a "pro" review anyway. The discussion is better than the lecture anyday.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blabadon

@Ballroompirate said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

A 8 is by no means a bad score unless someone is one of those people think a game isn't worth their money unless it scores a 9+, but if you can't really find anything to keep that game from being a higher score then by all means score it higher

They have the disclaimer saying that games aren't rated by subtracting points from 10 just for you.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ballroompirate

@Blabadon: If you can't find a single or at least two reasons/issues in a game and only score it a 7 or 8, that person shouldn't review games cause there would be literally nothing wrong with the game or deter someone from buying or trying a game.

If I read a review specially on here and the pros severely outweigh the cons it makes you question the reviewers outlook on a game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Last_Ride

Great podcast guys, had some great discussion around the topics

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blabadon

@Ballroompirate said:

@Blabadon: If you can't find a single or at least two reasons/issues in a game and only score it a 7 or 8, that person shouldn't review games cause there would be literally nothing wrong with the game or deter someone from buying or trying a game.

If I read a review specially on here and the pros severely outweigh the cons it makes you question the reviewers outlook on a game.

Yeah, this is severe misinterpretation on your part.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@scottpsfan14 said:

The new 3DS is shit for the 45 million adopters. Especially the fact that new games that won't play on the original. But I'd say it's more like the DSi than the Gameboy color since the color was advertised as a total new console 10 years later.

I think it means something for Early Adopters who haven't upgraded yet. It gives me a reason to wait for this upgrade.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride: thanks broski!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica said:

@The_Last_Ride: thanks broski!

No problemo, i liked the new format aswell

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Willy105

@scottpsfan14 said:

The new 3DS is shit for the 45 million adopters. Especially the fact that new games that won't play on the original. But I'd say it's more like the DSi than the Gameboy color since the color was advertised as a total new console 10 years later.

Just like with the Circle Pad Pro and DSi; I don't see any scenario where Nintendo seriously makes an effort to make more New 3DS exclusive games after Xenoblade 3DS is released.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ballroompirate

Calling it now, if they ever do a LoZ Majoras Mask remake it will be a 3DSLL or w/e it's called exclusive.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEroica  Moderator

@Ballroompirate: holy hell that would piss people off.... but nintendo would make some bank on it. My kid is begging me to dig out the n64 so he can beat major as mask... he's just about done with his maiden run of oot.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ballroompirate

@TheEroica said:

@Ballroompirate: holy hell that would piss people off.... but nintendo would make some bank on it. My kid is begging me to dig out the n64 so he can beat major as mask... he's just about done with his maiden run of oot.

It would piss a lot of people off, but it would push people to buy the hand held. I already want to get one and having Xenoblade and if they had a MM remastered/remake it would be a gg well played.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Hey, sooooo Smash has New3DS exclusive features. Aparrently it's been reported to take advantage of the C-stick. It's also not compatible with CPP.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LegatoSkyheart

@Ballroompirate: Oh crap and they'll justify it by saying the CPU on the old 3DS models are too weak to run the game much like how N64s without the expansion pack couldn't run the game!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ballroompirate

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Ballroompirate: Oh crap and they'll justify it by saying the CPU on the old 3DS models are too weak to run the game much like how N64s without the expansion pack couldn't run the game!

Probably

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Last_Ride

If i have time, i want to be on again if that's possible

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheEroica  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride: it is sir! We record again on Thursday night.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@TheEroica said:

whatchu' gonna talk 'bout?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Last_Ride

@TheEroica said:

oh that's a good fit, i've just come off another podcast and my schedule is free on friday

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Willy105

@Minishdriveby said:

@TheEroica said:

whatchu' gonna talk 'bout?

How about how Apple is touting like they are the king of handheld gaming....and there is no proof that they are wrong because they get all the 3rd party games.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

You guys talk like you know whats happening with this *New* 3DS, but in reality you know as much as I do, which isn't anything tbh. Other than its a new revision, like the DS lite and DSi. Vita bros be raged, because they have nothing to strike the 3DS with but this these days. Something they know very little about.