pc vs console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jed-at-war

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 jed-at-war
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

Which do you think has better graphics, the pc or the 360/ps3?

I'm not too sure. The 360 has a 3.2Ghz graphics engine (one of the cores is dedicated to the gpu). However, computers have more required of them. Instead of the 30fps (TV) of the consoles, the pc has to go sixty at least 60fps for most gamers to be happy. Computers are also required to output higher resolutions than HD to please many gamers. Console games also have the graphics settings optimized for the console instead of cranked up like most pc gamers like. (i dont know much about the ps3)

The big thing that makes me unsure is that the new games seem to put a lot of work on powerful PCs. Consoles appear to be able to handle them though. Of course, some of what I said above could be in play.

What do you think is better, PC or console?

jed-at-war

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jed-at-war

I high end built/bought P.C. still has better graphics. This type of question belongs in system wars where the console gamers can whine about how expensive P.C. gaming is and that they should not be compared.:roll:roulettethedog

Oh, I thought system wars excluded PCs. Sorry.

DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
I'll move it for ya... done, moved from PC Hardware to System Wars
Neal_Gore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Neal_Gore
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Well since console games are made for a console and not a PC which you have to upgrade I would say the 360 is better

KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts
Right now consoles offer better bang for buck. Later on PC's will be much better graphically.
jed-at-war

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jed-at-war

Right now consoles offer better bang for buck. Later on PC's will be much better graphically.KirbyFan10101

True, I would have to spend $800 on a pc to be able to beat the consoles. You don't have to upgrade though. The consoles don't upgrade. The consoles graphic quality just goes down the older it gets (mainly fps lags).

jed-at-war

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jed-at-war

I'll move it for ya... done, moved from PC Hardware to System WarsDirkVDV01

THANKS a bunch!

:?how did you do that?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

I high end built/bought P.C. still has better graphics. This type of question belongs in system wars where the console gamers can whine about how expensive P.C. gaming is and that they should not be compared.:roll:roulettethedog

This is why people think PC gamers are uppity, you never see console owners on the 360/PS3/Wii boards talking like that about PCs....

Anyway it's pretty much a draw.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The PC is always on the forefront of technology. Console hardware never improves as its life goes on while the PC's does. PC will always play games better than consoles.

When it comes to preference, that is a personal opinion.
FragMonkey09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 FragMonkey09
Member since 2005 • 1543 Posts

For now, PC games look better, although it is pretty damn close. Close enough to call it a tie, for the time being.

Just give it a year, and you'll see how far PC Graphics will go ahead of consoles. As time progresses, the PC gets better and consoles stay the same :/

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Pound for pound, I think you could make an argument for consoles. Then again, pound for pound ants are vastly more powerful than gorillas.

Absolutely speaking, a high-end gaming PC will blow anything any console does out of the water without a contest.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

I'm not too sure. The 360 has a 3.2Ghz graphics engine (one of the cores is dedicated to the gpu). However, computers have more required of them. Instead of the 30fps (TV) of the consoles, the pc has to go sixty at least 60fps for most gamers to be happy. Computers are also required to output higher resolutions than HD to please many gamers. Console games also have the graphics settings optimized for the console instead of cranked up like most pc gamers like. (i dont know much about the ps3)

The big thing that makes me unsure is that the new games seem to put a lot of work on powerful PCs. Consoles appear to be able to handle them though. Of course, some of what I said above could be in play.

jed-at-war

You have soooooo many flaws in your post, that it is clear you know nothing about PC gaming. I don't wish to say anymore to such a misinformed thread.

At this point, something is wrong with you if you don't know PC is better.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 l-_-l

[QUOTE="roulettethedog"]I high end built/bought P.C. still has better graphics. This type of question belongs in system wars where the console gamers can whine about how expensive P.C. gaming is and that they should not be compared.:roll:jed-at-war

Oh, I thought system wars excluded PCs. Sorry.

WHAT?!?!?! lol no, it is "system wars", not "console wars". PC is more than welcome in system wars.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Spartan070

[QUOTE="KirbyFan10101"]Right now consoles offer better bang for buck. Later on PC's will be much better graphically.jed-at-war

True, I would have to spend $800 on a pc to be able to beat the consoles. You don't have to upgrade though. The consoles don't upgrade. The consoles graphic quality just goes down the older it gets (mainly fps lags).

No but the requirements slowly go up. If you start with a mid-grade rig...
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan070

l-_-l

0_o

I wouldn't put it like that, as someone who owns a gaming worthy rig, 20 consoles and 8 handhelds, I can attest that each and every one has their pros and cons.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
PC wins hands down.
wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts
PC.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l-_-l

Right now consoles offer better bang for buck. Later on PC's will be much better graphically.KirbyFan10101

What is it with some of you people? HELLO...................WAKE UP AND JOIN THE REST OF US SHEEEEEESH. The PC already is better graphicly. Hell the PC was more powerful before the PS3 was even released. Only thing happening now, is that gap is gett bigger and bigger, because PC is getting better and better. All while the consoles stay the same.

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
Consoles will never be able to do anything other then match PCs for graphics and game quality. The reason for this is quite simple. When a new console comes out if typically uses the top of the line products available for it's CPU, GPU, etc. However, since the design of a console is firmly locked in place a few months before it's release for manufacturing purposes, when it ships it is already behind technologies available for the PC. The trade off for not being at the tip of the spear technology wise is it's lower price due to mass production. PC owners typically don't tout this in forums because there's no point. Any PC gamer knows that technology moves at an insane rate, and the top end PC of today is outdated in less then a month. Bragging about it to console owners is like saying the sky is blue......DUH, everyone already knows that. Except maybe fanboys, but there's no hope for them anyways.
jed-at-war

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jed-at-war
[QUOTE="jed-at-war"]

l-_-l

You have soooooo many flaws in your post, that it is clear you know nothing about PC gaming. I don't wish to say anymore to such a misinformed thread.

I don't know what you mean by flaws. Those are the standard things that pcs are rated by: resolution, fps, and how close they can get to the highest quality. Computes are always held up to those standards on the Internet.

I can see that it is silly to compare pcs with consoles though. Unless you talk price of course.

After actually thinking about it, I have to agree with Grive.

lol, I was trying to test software while I wrote this. :lol: sorry. From the beginning I was speaking relatively. PCs are better but have more required, so when you play, which is smoother? A PC with high res and quality or a console. Modern PCs seem to have trouble running new games as well as consoles when the quality is turned up. That is what I ment.