PC version are suppose to be the better version? (AC:Unity)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

B/c from what I hear...ppl are having all sorts of performance problems with AC: Unity.

Heres a link to the NeoGAF thread on it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930145

Lot of ppl saying they have beefy GPUs and CPUs and still get 30fps in many places....40fps on average and 20fps on cutscenes.

Yet again....PC gamers are bitching that the port for a big game is awful....and yet PC versions are supposedly the best.

So much for that idea.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Bad ports and PC versions being best aren't mutually exclusive. That's the jump you made in this thread.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

wow, even the pc has trouble keeping up with the definitive Xbox One version.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@KarateeeChop said:

wow, even the pc has trouble keeping up with the definitive Xbox One version.

until its patched anyway

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Even though the first post in that thread notes they aren't using the day 1 patch (1.20)....

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

98% of the time pc has the better version yes, but not 100% of the time.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8  Edited By DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Like console versions never get fps drops or stuttering. From the NGaf post the op says it runs better than Black Flag, good enough for me.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

lmfao...Huggles desperately grasping at straws again. I can't wait until the Digital Foundry article on Unity comes out so I can watch you shut the **** up.

Guess what...the 344.65 Geforce driver for Unity just came out too, which significantly improves performance. The damn game doesn't even officially release until tomorrow, you dumb peasant.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Shit topic is shit.

900p PS4 vs PC Max at 1080p vs PC Min at 1080p

PC version at 4k

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

So... I guess 4k doesn't beat 900p? I mean I know you are a little slow huggles but this this thread is just screaming with insecurity.

Edit: He's not even running the fucking day one patch and its already obtaining higher fps/resolution than the consoles.

Also,

New AMD beta drivers...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Beta Driver for Windows

Click here to visit our Graphics Drivers and Software page and click on “Latest Windows Beta Driver” to download the driver.

For instructions on how to uninstall or install the AMD Catalyst Software Suite, you may refer to the following support resources:

· How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers From A Windows® Based System

· How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Beta Driver for Windows® - Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Assassin’s Creed® Unity Performance Driver!

This release enables peak driver performance optimization for AMD Radeon™ graphics

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.1 Windows® Beta Driver

Performance Improvements

• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare performance optimizations

• Assassin’s Creed Unity performance optimizations

Known Issues

•Occasional stuttering in Assassin’s Creed® Unity in CrossFire mode under specific game settings

•Small chance of intermittent screen tearing or corruption in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare on high settings 4K resolution in AMD CrossFire™ mode

•Quad CrossFire AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 may sometimes black screen when loading a game in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare

•AMD Radeon™ R9 280X/280 may experience a crash when playing Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and a video at the same time. If you experience this issue a work around is turning off the video while playing the game.

•CrossFire users may experience intermittent flickering in Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare menus. As a work around if this issue is seen restarting the game may cause the issue to disappear.

Important Notes

AMD is currently working with Activision to resolve the following issues in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare:

• Users in AMD CrossFire™ mode sometimes experience texture corruption

• Negative scaling sometimes being observed at specific resolutions with AMD CrossFire™

AMD Issue Reporting Form

This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

and the Ps4 ad xbone get how many fps? unless they get consistently get more your thread is a fail.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Yay, let's bash PC because Ubi can't make a proper port.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikhail

Huggles topic backfire, lol.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Has Nvidia got the new drivers out for it yet?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Actually read more posts in that Neogaf topic, he was using TXAAx4 at first, without the official Nvidia driver and thus got shoddy performance. The same guy later said that it runs better for him than Black Flag did. 55-60 fps while freeroaming in Paris with max settings sans PCSS, 1080p, FXAA with a 780 GTX and i7 2600k @3,5 Ghz.

The performance is actually what we should expect when we take the console performance and settings into account. Twice the framerate, higher settings, 45% more pixels on a 780 GTX...

And it looks pretty good:

No Caption Provided

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BldgIrsh

@mikhail said:

Huggles topic backfire, lol.

No, its going just as planned. Now he'll either a) Abandon the thread or b) Play victim that the mean pc gamers are talking bad on his argument.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

B/c from what I hear...ppl are having all sorts of performance problems with AC: Unity.

Heres a link to the NeoGAF thread on it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930145

Lot of ppl saying they have beefy GPUs and CPUs and still get 30fps in many places....40fps on average and 20fps on cutscenes.

Yet again....PC gamers are bitching that the port for a big game is awful....and yet PC versions are supposedly the best.

So much for that idea.

the port is bad compared to the quality expected of pc games, but if you had a shred of logic you would realize it still runs better than the 30 fps locked fps dropping 900p console versions.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Not the PC's fault when a dev can't developer a proper port.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46

Thats the visuals? Dam that looks fucking awesome.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mikhail

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So much for that idea.

the port is bad compared to the quality expected of pc games, but if you had a shred of logic you would realize it still runs better than the 30 fps locked fps dropping 900p console versions.

Exactly.

It's like a dude who drives a 1985 Civic with 500,000 miles making fun of his neighbor who just bought a brand new Ferrari because it can only go 195 and not 200 mph.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ben-Buja

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So much for that idea.

Yup, even a bad port is in most cases still better than the console version, it just doesn't meet the higher standards of the PC platform.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clyde46

@Wasdie said:

Read more man, turns out with the driver support it runs pretty much OK.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@clyde46 said:

@Wasdie said:

and there's a day 1 patch coming

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Watchdogs.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@Wasdie said:

Maybe the AC team actually know a thing or two about PC games.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BldgIrsh

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@Wasdie said:

Hopefully no one finds any locked graphical settings with the comment "this is PC only, who cares."

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Ubicrap at it again. Anyone who expected anything but this, lives in Fantasy land in where Ubisoft actually makes optimized games.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clyde46

@bldgirsh said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@Wasdie said:

Hopefully no one finds any locked graphical settings with the comment "this is PC only, who cares."

I can't wait for the DF article where consoles get blown the **** out.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Wasdie: Thats not really fair when there are threads about PS4 or X1 saying the same thing. Like the "COD is better on X1 than PS4" thread....the PS4 version looks a little better but the fps slightly jumps from 60 to 50 sometimes.....and everyone was bashing the PS4. So I'm not seeing the difference.

I understand that the PS4 just isn't as capable as a PC...but there have been games that look far better than some others that don't meet the same graphical intesity....and day 1 patches and such can help....so it's not like it can't be done.

All I know is that 30fps locked and a steady performance and STILL good visuals beats a $2000 PC that runs big games like shit.

Sure....the PC version runs 1080p....but if it's going to drop to 20fps and jump all over the place....whats the point of a $2000 PC?

Technically....the version might be better depending on how you look at it....but for price/performance it's not.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Ubisoft is bad at optimizing games? Hold the fucking presses!!!!!!!!!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Wasdie: Thats not really fair when there are threads about PS4 or X1 saying the same thing. Like the "COD is better on X1 than PS4" thread....the PS4 version looks a little better but the fps slightly jumps from 60 to 50 sometimes.....and everyone was bashing the PS4. So I'm not seeing the difference.

I understand that the PS4 just isn't as capable as a PC...but there have been games that look far better than some others that don't meet the same graphical intesity....and day 1 patches and such can help....so it's not like it can't be done.

All I know is that 30fps locked and a steady performance and STILL good visuals beats a $2000 PC that runs big games like shit.

Sure....the PC version runs 1080p....but if it's going to drop to 20fps and jump all over the place....whats the point of a $2000 PC?

Technically....the version might be better depending on how you look at it....but for price/performance it's not.

But it doesn't. It runs better than the consoles at a higher resolution with more detail. Once again, grasping at straws dawg.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lostrib

So do you think TC tries to fail this hard, or does it just come naturally?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mikhail

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Wasdie:

How far deep in your ass did you have to reach to pull that $2,000 number out?

Typical console peasant.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

But it doesn't. It runs better than the consoles at a higher resolution with more detail. Once again, grasping at straws dawg.

Again...price/performance value.

This is the on the 11th page....this guy is getting 55-60fps at 1080p with low FXAA blah blah:

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4,00GHz

2x 4GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800U CL9

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 4GB GDDR5

Now....go to Newegg and tell me how much those 3 components cost.

If you think I'm grasping at straws...then I think you're ignoring facts.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

@mikhail said:

Typical console peasant.

you're just trying to piss him off aren't you?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BldgIrsh

@mikhail said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Wasdie:

Typical console peasant.

Now now... he did say he has a "gaming" PC. Either its a Dell or a HP he has stated it plays games like minesweeper. So he isn't a console peasant per say, just clueless and needs someone to show him to the light of GabeN.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

This is the on the 11th page....this guy is getting 55-60fps at 1080p with low FXAA blah blah:

734 dollars. though I would wager you could save some money on the CPU. But the GPU does come with a game

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

...and still get 30fps in many places....40fps on average and 20fps on cutscenes.

...right so 900p and 15-30fps beats that does it?

Sure thing me old mucka!

PC = best version, confirmed by you.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

What facts? The fact that the PC version runs better than the console ones at a higher resolution and with more detail?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

PC has the best version of Valkyria Chronicles released soon. About 3 times the resolution of the PS3 version, with tripple the framerate and no load times. This seems like a much better win for the master race than another fucking Assasins Creed.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BldgIrsh

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@clyde46 said:

734 dollars. though I would wager you could save some money on the CPU. But the GPU does come with a game

To add on to this. The guy is also running it on maxed out graphics. Obviously huggles just points out that its low FXAA and doesn't bother to state the rest.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ben-Buja
@mr_huggles_dog said:

The PS4 version does not have steady performance. Many users have reported frequent framerate dips into the 20s. Also the image quality of it is shit. Very blurry AA method, no AF and 1600x900.

At least on PC you have the option to run it in more acceptable quality and you definitely don't need a $2000 rig to do so.

The dips to 20 fps were reported to be in cutscenes and during closeups of faces only, and a Day 1 patch is supposed to fix that.

Other than that the TC gets 55-60 fps on max settings sans PCSS with FXAA. That's pretty damn good and well above the PS4s settings and better than Black Flag ran on near maximum settings on his GPU.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Lol so a gtx 780 is not enough to keep stable 30fps, lol PC gaming

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lostrib

@Ben-Buja said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

The PS4 version does not have steady performance. Many users have reported frequent framerate dips into the 20s. Also the image quality of it is shit. Very blurry AA method, no AF and 1600x900.

At least on PC you have the option to run it in more acceptable quality and you definitely don't need a $2000 rig to do so.

The dips to 20 fps were reported to be in cutscenes and during closeups of faces only, and a Day 1 patch is supposed to fix that.

Other than that the TC gets 55-60 fps on max settings sans PCSS with FXAA. That's pretty damn good and well above the PS4s settings and better than Black Flag ran on near maximum settings on his GPU.

sounds like all the versions need a day 1 patch

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clyde46

@aroxx_ab said:

Lol so a gtx 780 is not enough to keep stable 30fps, lol PC gaming

Like your plastic console toy does it any better.... Also, read the thread next time.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

mr huggles on nuts be tripping

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mikhail

It's times like this I like to give thanks for Eurogamer's Digital Foundry. PC vindication every single time, the peasantry never learns.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The PS4/XB1 versions of this game look worse than the PC version at the minimum preset, lol.

Performance sucks... for the unreleased version of the game. There's going to be a day one patch tomorrow that will fix some performance issues. I'm not expecting godlike performance overnight, but this is still the unreleased version we're talking about.