User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

What do you have on PC?,

better question. what is not on PC apart from 7 console exclusive no PC gamers care?

The best games of last gen are not on PC.

And PC gamers definitely care, how many signatures are there for the GTA V petition?

LOL, PC gaming beggar race.

best games of last gen were Crysis 1, Stalker, Deus Ex HR. former were PC excluive and later is multiplat which was pretty much consolized that how awesome it would be PC exclusive but still one of the best.

god of war 3 and uncharted 2/3 were both among the best games ive ever played. def better than the 3 games you mentioned. the most recent pc games id rate as highly as those 2 would be battlefield 3 and unreal tournament 2004.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

More than worth it . Why .? :

• Better Graphics (Don't have to rely on corporations for 1080p)
  • Better Frame Rates
  • Cheaper in Price
  • Multiple input devices' support
  • Mods (Good game becomes great and great game becomes masterpiece)
  • Hundreds of hours of user generated contents
  • No fee for multiplayer like PSN and XBL
  • Backward Compatibility (Play Multiplatform from any era on same machine)
  • Emulators (With Plugins , get even better visuals than actual game)
  • Exclusive Games that are usually targeted for Mature audience (Challenging and Complex like Total War series)

Then there are exclusives and variety in genres . These genres aren't big on consoles : RTS , MMOs , Survival Horror , Space Sims , War Simulators , F2P , MOBAs , Western RPGs , Isometric RPGs, Dungeon Crawlers , Turn Based RPGs , Party Based RPGs , Online Survival , Psychological Thrillers , 4x Strategy etc .

Then there are (as mentioned above) better versions of multiplatforms and multiple uses of PC . After typing this comment I can ALT+Tab back to my game or I can use my remote control to switch from PC to Cable TV on my monitor . All in One . Yes it is worth it .

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

About >75% (a figure I pulled out of my arse I admit, but from my experience) of multiplats are better on PC due to resolution, framerate and quality upgrades. You can't always use mods as an excuse as not all multiplats are moddable unless you are count simple texture replacements which aren't really.

But it's not all about the multiplats, although it's a big thing for sure. But you don't really get strategy games on consoles. Things like Civilization and Age of Wonders and Sins of a Solar Empire and crap like that. Console only gamers are missing out of a few gems, these are system sellers for me without anything else.

SNIPER4321 you are missing out on a few gems on consoles if you think GoW is a button smasher, it really isn't if you blindly smash buttons like an arcade fighting game you will lose badly. Also Uncharted is one of the best games of it's kind, it's an interactive story with fun gameplay mechanics and characters, sure it has health regen it never feels like you are invincible though. Last of Us probably fixed that system although the game was a bit more serious and not forgiving so they do cater to both sorts of gameplay. And why is a cover based system whats wrong with gaming? Sure it's not a high paced FPS game but not everyone likes fast paced shooters.

I agree health regen in a skilled based FPS game is what's wrong with gaming.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

True guys, even if you didn't like any exclusives that the PC has to offer (I'm not a fan of most of them to be honest, besides those awesome horror games coming out, I think ones called the Forest?). It'd still be worth it only for the multiplats because of those reasons you guys listed above.

@SNIPER4321 I have to admit perhaps you're taking things a little too far, you're probably missing out on a lot of great exclusives on the consoles when you shouldn't be. Hell even some of these core PC gamers admit the consoles have some great games to offer, and they buy a console for these exclusives.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Let's assume the premise of the OP is true (which it really isn't), what are the advantages...

1. Constant 60fps performance, regardless of what game it is (unless it's a terrible port, but these are few and far between and are often fixed by the community). No console can offer this for every game as they often sacrifice performance for increased fidelity. Not necessary on PC.
  2. Complete control over what you use for input, 360 controller, PS3 controller, Wiimote + Nunchuk, mouse + keyboard, joysticks, etc. You aren't forced to use any branded device for playing the game, and can choose whatever suits your fancy.
  3. Dedicated servers for almost every online game. A very under-appreciated advantage.
  4. Incredibly large back catalogue of older games (just multiplats remember) that the new consoles (PS4/Bone) cannot play.
  5. Incredibly useful and intuitive digital distribution services that have a long history on the platform and enormous support from developers and publishers (Steam, GoG, HIB etc).
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BattleSpectre

@foxhound_fox said:

Let's assume the premise of the OP is true (which it really isn't), what are the advantages...

1. Constant 60fps performance, regardless of what game it is (unless it's a terrible port, but these are few and far between and are often fixed by the community). No console can offer this for every game as they often sacrifice performance for increased fidelity. Not necessary on PC.
  2. Complete control over what you use for input, 360 controller, PS3 controller, Wiimote + Nunchuk, mouse + keyboard, joysticks, etc. You aren't forced to use any branded device for playing the game, and can choose whatever suits your fancy.
  3. Dedicated servers for almost every online game. A very under-appreciated advantage.
  4. Incredibly large back catalogue of older games (just multiplats remember) that the new consoles (PS4/Bone) cannot play.
  5. Incredibly useful and intuitive digital distribution services that have a long history on the platform and enormous support from developers and publishers (Steam, GoG, HIB etc).

You forgot the best part - mods - they can make any game last forever and with new user content being made everyday, the possibilities are endless.

Also please explain how my premise isn't true? I said from the beginning not many PC exclusives interest me, and over the past few years the only games I played on my PC were multiplats. So is there a reason to continue PC gaming only for those games? And the answer is yes because of the reasons you and others have listed.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Of course Pc gaming is worth it just look at the ps3 and 360. The multiplats graphics and fps are horrible. It's a wonder games run on them at all. You say you don't care about that. Do you care that there is no BC on the new consoles at all. On pc all your old games work and when you upgrade they run even better. Do you care about game prices cause the prices on console are much higher. Consoles also have no mod support forcing people to pick DLC or nothing. I can not say enough about mods they can do so much to improve games and extend the life of your favorite games for FREEEEE. Consoles also are now charging for online play as standard. Now psn plus at least has some games but steam is better and FREEE.

A major trend on console is HD remakes of old games. On pc you get better results for wait for it FREEEEEE!!!!

On console game video is now popular but the cams are overpriced and the quality is meh. On pc you pick the cam you want. Indie games are now becoming big on console lmao but pc been there done that. In the past console makers took a hit and had good hardware but this time pc just owns from the jump. Obviously your gaming pc does much more than gaming so why get a console if all you want are multiplats ??

The only thing consoles have is a couple of exclusives and that is why I got a ps3/4. If I had to choose only one pc would win every time and twice on Sunday.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BattleSpectre

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Of course Pc gaming is worth it just look at the ps3 and 360. The multiplats graphics and fps are horrible. It's a wonder games run on them at all. You say you don't care about that. Do you care that there is no BC on the new consoles at all. On pc all your old games work and when you upgrade they run even better. Do you care about game prices cause the prices on console are much higher. Consoles also have no mod support forcing people to pick DLC or nothing. I can not say enough about mods they can do so much to improve games and extend the life of your favorite games for FREEEEE. Consoles also are now charging for online play as standard. Now psn plus at least has some games but steam is better and FREEE.

A major trend on console is HD remakes of old games. On pc you get better results for wait for it FREEEEEE!!!!

On console game video is now popular but the cams are overpriced and the quality is meh. On pc you pick the cam you want. Indie games are now becoming big on console lmao but pc been there done that. In the past console makers took a hit and had good hardware but this time pc just owns from the jump. Obviously your gaming pc does much more than gaming so why get a console if all you want are multiplats ??

The only thing consoles have is a couple of exclusives and that is why I got a ps3/4. If I had to choose only one pc would win every time and twice on Sunday.

I also own an Xbox One, PS4 + the old consoles too. I was just wondering whether or not it'd be worth sticking to my gaming PC and worth upgrading it (will cost me about $500 for a new graphics card here in Australia) if the only games I play on my PC are multiplats. I Guess I got my answer two-fold. Most definitely worth it.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

So basically if you're a graphicswhore then go for PC.

If you like the best games, go with consoles.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not if you grew up on consoles and prefer console franchises. The few console/pc multiplats I play aren't worth the time, money and effort required for high end PC gaming.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

I also own an Xbox One, PS4 + the old consoles too. I was just wondering whether or not it'd be worth sticking to my gaming PC and worth upgrading it (will cost me about $500 for a new graphics card here in Australia) if the only games I play on my PC are multiplats. I Guess I got my answer two-fold. Most definitely worth it.

I usually upgrade every two years or when I find a good deal. No need to go bleeding edge just sell your old gpu and use the money on your new card. I find most of my stuff on the forums from guys that have to have the latest stuff. I got a asus 280x for 100 bucks cash I had a 290 that I bought for 200 but after the prices went up I sold it for 325. Just keep looking you will find what you want.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

PC gaming is good for getting sub $10 games on Steam sales.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

If we are going to exclude the exclusives and technical advantages...

• Your friends may be PC gamers
  • Being able to choose what control scheme you wish, be it 360 controller, Wii U Pad or KB/M
  • Lower Price for a lot of titles
  • Moddability
  • Not having to pay for XBL Gold or SEN+
  • Hacking your own save games (I do this occationally for Single Player to skip tedious sections or give myself a serious handicap, like having all my party members in BG start with 1 hitpoint)
  • Not bound to one service but free to use multiple, use steam, Xfire and Raptr all at once if you please.

Whether or not it is worth it dephends on if the individual.

@Suppaman100 said:

If you like indies, mmo's, fps's and the occasional rts then yes PC is for you.

If you like everything else, console gaming is for you. (+ you don't have to beg)

You forgot RPGs, TBS and Simulation :)

Divinity Original Sin is better than any "RPG" I have played on any stationary console since the Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. And those indie games are extremely diverse and far more innovative than banal cinematic on rails console shooters whose "gameplay" can still be summarized with this pic

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#65 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@Bigboi500 said:

Not if you grew up on consoles and prefer console franchises. The few console/pc multiplats I play aren't worth the time, money and effort required for high end PC gaming.

It is just a Myth

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

I enjoy playing multiplats on PC online. Easier to modify etc and the Playstation is mostly for exclusives and odd multiplat like FIFA which is far better on consoles than PCS

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#67 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Personally, I wouldn't get a PC specifically for multiplats. Many of them, such as Assassin's Creed and Mortal Kombat, I'd rather play on a console. I love my PC mainly for the experiences I can't get anywhere else. Multiplatform games are the icing on the cake.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@GabranthXIII said:

PC. Every multiplat is superior compared to their console counterparts..

@m3dude1 said:

multiplats are the best aspect of the pc since they usually are best on pc. if you dont care about multiplats you probly dont need a pc for gaming.

What if you didn't care about them being superior on the PC? Let's say your happy to play them how they look on the consoles, would PC gaming still be worth it?

If you don't care how they look and you're happy about their regular console look, you can get a PC that isn't too expensive and can run the gams on low-medium settings, heck, you can cusotmize the settings so the game not only runs nice, but also looks just as good as it would on the consoles

That's one big draw for PC gaming, you make what you want of it, it doesn't have to be just visuals or exclusives, it's what you want it to be

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

This might be a touchy subject to some, but what is your opinion about it, System Wars?

Would PC gaming be worth it if you only played multiplats, but you didn't care about better graphics etc. that you get on a PC. In the long run would it be wiser to just stick to a console?

I have to admit as a PC gamer myself, over the past few years now that I look back I only really play multiplats on my PC.

For some reason I'm not a big fan of the exclusive offerings like MMO's, RTS games etc. Just not a fan of those types of games.

So if you were to buy a PC right now but you only really played multiplats on it, and the better graphics/performance didn't mean much to you, would it still be worth PC gaming in your opinion?

Yeah, because you've still got controller options, free online, Steam sales, and mods. Not sure why graphics/performance wouldn't mean much though. It's at least nice playing in native 1080p and 60 fps on every game, even if you can't max out the settings completely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

PC would still be better. You get your choice of mouse and keyboard or any controller of your choice.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Yes. The superior multiplats ALONE is enough reason to make PC the best. The best gfx/performance are just amazing. The better controlls. The double-tripple FPS. Faster load times. Faster install times. Better online. Mods. Communities. E-sports.

But is also has a much much much larger 80%(or 70%) and above gaming library. This is crucial.

@m3dude1 said:

multiplats are the best aspect of the pc since they usually are best on pc. if you dont care about multiplats you probly dont need a pc for gaming.

Playing 1 movie game a month =/= gaming

http://systemwarsmagazine.com/gamespot-reviews-spreadsheet/

http://www.esportsearnings.com/games

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm pretty sure the majority of most people's gaming is multiplats

As someone who likes FPS games, PC will always be worth it

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

The reality is most games are now multiplat and designed with consoles in mind. Including former pc exclusive developers like Crytek.

While technically yes the hardware will enhance the experience, possibly quite substantially over consoles, the problem lies inherently in the foundation of the game itself. It's not a pc game. It's really that simple.

PC gaming is a more sophisticated platform utilization over 200 keys and a precise mouse. Likewise, the screen is small with the player generally closer. These simple things are what shaped pc gaming along with the open nature and technical prowess.

My friends, if you have no problem playing console games on a control pad, great. If you are pc gamer at heart, the core is rotten and thus, a waste of time.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I only play multiplats and I def think it's worth it. Better performance, KB/M is a way better for shooters imo, cheaper games, don't have to worry about BW compatibility.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:

The reality is most games are now multiplat and designed with consoles in mind. Including former pc exclusive developers like Crytek.

While technically yes the hardware will enhance the experience, possibly quite substantially over consoles, the problem lies inherently in the foundation of the game itself. It's not a pc game. It's really that simple.

PC gaming is a more sophisticated platform utilization over 200 keys and a precise mouse. Likewise, the screen is small with the player generally closer. These simple things are what shaped pc gaming along with the open nature and technical prowess.

My friends, if you have no problem playing console games on a control pad, great. If you are pc gamer at heart, the core is rotten and thus, a waste of time.

Lol, no

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Lol, no

As someone who groweded up in the 90's as a 90's child, yes. Very few console games are recommended. Darksouls. Batmans. A few others but mostly a waste of time. Crippled by movie games.

Edit: At least for ME personally. I've been gaming for a while and use to be a professional Quake 3 player so my opinion has lots of credibility.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Sure if you only play multiplats nothing wrong with console. I'm not really into big budget multiplats so I usually buy them on steam for $5-$10 a year after they come out.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

If you like believing you belong to an elite club, like the Royal Order of Water Buffalo, then yes, pc gaming is worth it.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

If you like believing you belong to an elite club, like the Royal Order of Water Buffalo, then yes, pc gaming is worth it.

If you like belonging to the peasant club, PS4 is worth it

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Lol, no

As someone who groweded up in the 90's as a 90's child, yes. Very few console games are recommended. Darksouls. Batmans. A few others but mostly a waste of time. Crippled by movie games.

Edit: At least for ME personally. I've been gaming for a while and use to be a professional Quake 3 player so my opinion has lots of credibility.

On this board, no it doesn't

I also groweded up in the 90s

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

Isn't that how you act all the time?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Up to each consumer really. I would personnaly say "yes". But that is not an ultimate "one answer fits all"

of any given platform 90+ % (give or take) are multiplats anyways. Consoles have the advantage of the ease of use. the Whole one size fits all is enough for some people, but it is a flaw for others. So it depends on each person.

The PC gives the user a much more well knitted experience, you can decide what control scheme and method is best for you, A controller is not an universal best, it is a Jack of all trades, but master of none input device, made to Work with a wide arrey of games, but Work flawlessly with none. That in itself can be a turnoff for some.

Then the games itself. You can set whatever Visuals you Desire on a PC, some people do not like too much clutter, others prefer full blown graphical bells and whistles.

You are able to mod a game most of the time, make changes to Things you dislike, or alter as you wish. It is safe to say that in alot of cases the NeXT iteration of a given game is often influenced by mods made b the previous. Not to mention graphical overhauls which makes older games worth playing (often having better results then "hd remasters".

Backwards compatability is also a huge plus for the pc, meaning no need for a console for each gen of games.

If the above does not appeal to you, and if you can live with a control method which simply Works well enough, but far from flawless, then a console is a fairly good alternative.

This is without the Whole cost debate (believe me, you do not want to touch that one, go ahead and do the total lifetime cost for any platform, you will often find that they end up very close).

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Suppaman100

@Jankarcop said:

Yes. The superior multiplats ALONE is enough reason to make PC the best. The best gfx/performance are just amazing. The better controlls. The double-tripple FPS. Faster load times. Faster install times. Better online. Mods. Communities. E-sports.

But is also has a much much much larger 80%(or 70%) and above gaming library. This is crucial.

@m3dude1 said:

Lol, always posting the same graph.

Yet you don't understand that most of those games PC have are indies.

PC gaming...what a joke

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@GabranthXIII said:

PC. Every multiplat is superior compared to their console counterparts..

@m3dude1 said:

What if you didn't care about them being superior on the PC? Let's say your happy to play them how they look on the consoles, would PC gaming still be worth it?

Didn't you just answer your own question? If you won't care about superior gaming on PC then it wouldn't be worth it to you.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lostrib

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1 said:

PC gaming...what a joke

I thought consolites loved indie games now

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Or. If you want better value, better power, actualy customization and you DON'T want to be controlled by 1 major company and have either Sony and Microsoft have a complete Monopoly over what you do and play and you DON'T want to be using 2014 tech in 2020, you go to PC. If you want to play exclusives, you buy PC anyways, then buy a console when it's cheap. You don't limit yourself to a machine built and completely controlled by one company. That's stupid. Why would you subject yourself to corporate greed like that?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MonsieurX

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1 said:

PC gaming...what a joke

Yet,most PS4 games are indies

PS4 gaming... what a joke

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Suppaman100

@MonsieurX said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1 said:

PC gaming...what a joke

As of now yes. But hey PS4 has just released, meanwhile PC has been sh*t for the last couple of years, hence no awards.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lostrib

@Suppaman100 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1 said:

PC gaming...what a joke

As of now yes. But hey PS4 has just released, meanwhile PC has been sh*t for the last couple of years, hence no awards.

Yes, because awards make things better...Must mean Titanic is the greatest movie of all time

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 MonsieurX

@Suppaman100 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1 said:

PC gaming...what a joke

Yeah,those MTV awards mean everything

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By lostrib
@walloftruth said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

If you like indies, mmo's, fps's and the occasional rts then yes PC is for you.

If you like everything else, console gaming is for you. (+ you don't have to beg)

i hate MMO. part time RTS player and PC FPS is by far best gaming genre. so nothing wrong here.

everything else? JRPG? platformer? console FPS?? wow such a terrible genres.

apart from JRPGs all genres are avaliable on PC.

There are hundreds of JRPG's and thousands of JRPG's that weren't actually made in Japan but play exactly like a JRPG, so how exactly is the JRPG genre not on PC?

because sniper doesn't accept that animu shit on his platform!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

The only PC games that really required a multitude of keys are flight sims and I'm one of the only few around here who has that as a favorite genre. Most other PC games can be retrofitted to consoles just fine.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@uninspiredcup said:

The only PC games that really required a multitude of keys are flight sims

My friend, this is complete nonsense. I also play flight sims (I was a pilot in the Gulf War) and I can tell you, they are mostly very easy control wise compared to titles such as EVE Online or Paradox Interactive titles. The image above is a title children play, such is the nature of pc gaming.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Or. If you want better value, better power, cheaper games, no online fee, actual customization and you DON'T want to be controlled by 1 major company and have either Sony and Microsoft have a complete Monopoly over what you do and play and you DON'T want to be using 2014 tech in 2020, you go to PC. If you want to play exclusives, you buy PC anyways, then buy a console when it's cheap. You don't limit yourself to a machine built and completely controlled by one company. That's stupid. Why would you subject yourself to corporate greed like that?

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

This might be a touchy subject to some, but what is your opinion about it, System Wars?

Would PC gaming be worth it if you only played multiplats, but you didn't care about better graphics etc. that you get on a PC. In the long run would it be wiser to just stick to a console?

I have to admit as a PC gamer myself, over the past few years now that I look back I only really play multiplats on my PC.

For some reason I'm not a big fan of the exclusive offerings like MMO's, RTS games etc. Just not a fan of those types of games.

So if you were to buy a PC right now but you only really played multiplats on it, and the better graphics/performance didn't mean much to you, would it still be worth PC gaming in your opinion?

buy one console and build a decent PC you're good to go.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib

@uninspiredcup said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, this is complete nonsense. I also play flight sims (I was a pilot in the Gulf War) and I can tell you, they are mostly very easy control wise compared to titles such as EVE Online or Paradox Interactive titles. The image above is a title children play, such is the nature of pc gaming.

Didnt you just say you grew up in the 90's as a kid? The gulf war was 1990-91

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Didnt you just say you grew up in the 90's as a kid? The gulf war was 1990-91

Metaphorically. i.e. child of the 60's.