#201  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Not if you grew up on consoles and prefer console franchises. The few console/pc multiplats I play aren't worth the time, money and effort required for high end PC gaming.

It is just a Myth

Shitty misleading thread is shitty. Those parts are sub-standard and your math doesn't include an OS.

Learn to read , OS is included there . Without OS it is less than 500 bucks and if you are planning to use HD from your current builds then it costs you even less than 400 bucks . Read again OS is priced as 70 bucks and steam doesn't cost 50 bucks a year like PSN . No need to be angry .

No anger here because I'm happy with consoles and a laptop. I don't want parity between my console and a gaming PC.

Sorry but I like what Sony and Nintendo have to offer more than a few superior multies on a high end PC.

Correction : Not few multies , 99% multies are better on PC . Rest of them are taken care by modders .

You said you like console gaming and it is fine , at no point I asked you to go for PC . I just said that PCs being expensive is just a myth .

Shitty parts like you listed aren't expensive, but a really good set up is expensive. There's no denying that.

And I said "a few multies" because that's all I'd play on one.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Anyway, can you answer this question (since most hermits are too scared to answer this and be confronted with the obvious truth): If PC has so many high scoring exclusives, then why can't it seem to win a GOTY these last years?

sure. i'd like to have a chance at answering that.

the answer comes as two sets of information, both stemming from the same one thing - money.

the pc isn't represented by a single company, not like how microsoft represents the xbone, sony the ps4; and nintendo the wii u. each of these companies has money for many things including: funding (exclusive) game development, and for marketing purposes.

obviously, MS/SNY/NIN are the console manufacturers. they need to shift their consoles, and one way to do that is to create 'killer app' exclusive content for their ecosystem. so they invest.

now at the same time, merit alone isn't good enough to sell games, in fact - if you look at the current pre-order doctrine it seems that its marketing which sells games.

so, what's the best method to market video games? well through video gaming publications/websites of course! and there is plenty of evidence on the internet to suggest that - at the very least - video game journalists can be coerced towards giving generous scores, and away from giving negative scores. totalbiscuit has spoken on the issue, that guy left gamespot to form giant bomb because of such corruption, and i think that rich stanton dude spoke out against rockstar saying they were the worst - and who holds the #1 position on metacritic? well rockstar of course. it is true there has been corruption in video gaming journalism - they are essentially a marketing arm of the console manufacturers. look at what gamespot did with titanfall, practically hyping the game for microsoft.

this is where pc gaming and console gaming fundamentally differ. i'm only going to buy a ps4 if it has exclusive 'killer app' content. its Sony's job to deliver those types of games. if they want me to buy a ps4, make games for it that i really need to play. Sony has to try and produce those GOTY award winning games, because if they don't - MS will, Nintendo will, and should all console manufacturers vehemently fail to secure a journalistic outfit's GOTY that year, well that would be marketing money well spent.

you don't have to agree with me, i'm not expecting to convince you. but it is true that console manufacturers have got access to a lot of money, and they do use that money to fund game development, a game under development is an investment, and they've got ways and means to help ensure success of their investment, and evidence exists that such means have been undertaken in the past.

a few years ago i stopped caring about things like metascores because i found they were a poor predictor of game 'enjoyment'. i never use metascores in argument here. metascores, scores in general are basically a reflection of the opinion of some person who has chosen writing about video games as a vocation.

anyway superman. have a super day.

Ah, finally someone who dares to really answer it unlike lostrib and co that are trying to damage control. I applaud u for that sir.

So basically your argument comes to this: Console makers throw money at the major gaming media to hype their games and PC has no company backing it like a console, so there is almost no money thrown at the major gaming media to support these PC exclusives. (And I partly agree about the corruption but I think these are separate cases and we can't judge the whole gaming media to be rotten because of some cases. But I'll leave this for another discussion)

Again I agree for a part, yes marketing can have an effect on the review score. (that's why, like you, I don't care much for scores) (example TLOU getting an 8, titanfall getting a 9,...)

1)But this has nothing to do with a GOTY award. When this award is given, most of the marketing campaign for the game is finished, this award will hardly affect sales since the game has been released some time already (unless of course it's released at the end of the year).

2)A GOTY award is choosen from a list of best games of that year chosen by editors and gaming staff. A PC game has just as much chance at winning an award as a console game. (Last year's GOTY was won by the 3DS zelda game and not by TLOU and hey I respect that decision, since Zelda was one or was the best game last year imo)

Conclusion: I don't believe money is the biggest factor behind the GOTY and PC not winning any these last couple of years. (btw, if GOTY truly was a popularity contest/ marketing/ money fueled award, we would constantly see games like COD, BF or GTA win these awards)

Here's my theory:

PC doesn't win any awards from the major gaming media because 1. most of the PC exclusives are indies and most of them are of lower quality than non indie games. (that's normal, you can't expect the same quality for a game that's developed by 10 devs in comparison to a team of 100+ devs.) (Indies are in a different division of the league, let's say indies are in the second division, whereas non indies are in the first division and thus there is a clear difference in quality)

2. PC is getting less and less non indie exclusives, there a couple of reasons for this, biggest imo being piracy.

Because of these reasons PC has a harder time to win a GOTY,... because PC has to compete with a lot of console exclusives that are made by big developers and thus the console games most of the time are of higher quality than the 100+ exclusive PC indies. And because of the low amount of non indie PC exclusives.

And again nice to see someone that dares to confront this question unlike most of the hermits here who get butthurt when PC gets criticized.

You have a super day too.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Suppaman100

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100: once again, GOTY awards are given to games not platforms. It's in the name of the award even

Of course they are but I'm talking about the fact that it has been such a long time ago that a PC exclusive has won an award. It's almost always a console game winning.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Suppaman100

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said: A GOTY award is choosen from a list of best games of that year chosen by editors and gaming staff.

yeah go on. u mean IGN GOTY? or spike TV? they are all corrupt. got money from big companies in order to give GOTY to thier product.

why is COD has been given multiple awards? why is MW2 won best Xbox, PS3, PC game on gametrailers??

its money talks.

Now we're going into the realm of conspiracy. I don't believe they're all corrupt. (but yes spike is definitely not kosher)

Anyway I gave my reasons.

And to anyone replying to my post with cheap damage control, you'll be ignored.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#206  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

This in an era where the term exclusive is rapidly going out of the window. Just about everything is multi-plat and coming to PC where it's vastly superior. X-Bone and PeasantStation 4 will have a maximum of 10 quality exclusives between them this entire generation while PC has the likes of Elite, Star Citizen, The Forest and a whole host of other games being developed by AA/AAA teams.

We'll be playing games with better graphics, better game-play (performance), more games, modding and the list goes on. Most of us will buy a console cheap much later on to play those handful of quality exclusive games but we'll be playing everything else on the superior platform wherever possible.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#207 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Bigboi500 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Not if you grew up on consoles and prefer console franchises. The few console/pc multiplats I play aren't worth the time, money and effort required for high end PC gaming.

It is just a Myth

Shitty misleading thread is shitty. Those parts are sub-standard and your math doesn't include an OS.

Learn to read , OS is included there . Without OS it is less than 500 bucks and if you are planning to use HD from your current builds then it costs you even less than 400 bucks . Read again OS is priced as 70 bucks and steam doesn't cost 50 bucks a year like PSN . No need to be angry .

No anger here because I'm happy with consoles and a laptop. I don't want parity between my console and a gaming PC.

Sorry but I like what Sony and Nintendo have to offer more than a few superior multies on a high end PC.

Correction : Not few multies , 99% multies are better on PC . Rest of them are taken care by modders .

You said you like console gaming and it is fine , at no point I asked you to go for PC . I just said that PCs being expensive is just a myth .

Shitty parts like you listed aren't expensive, but a really good set up is expensive. There's no denying that.

Shitty parts that outperform PS4 and Xbox One .

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#208 Bigboi500

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Bigboi500 said:

And if I cared, I'd buy/build one. The topic is asking "is it worth it?" and to me it is not, plain and simple. Again and again, you hermits leave out personal preference and think the most important thing to gaming is performance and abilities. Console/handheld gamers like myself think the games we like, games that aren't available on PC, are more important.

I've perused Steam again and again, but rarely ever see anything that interests me. Having grown up on consoles and handhelds, I have no interest in most of the games you guys play, as I would imagine goes both ways. I've rarely ever seen PC enthusiasts who like the games I dig, like Disgaea, Dragon Quest, Persona, Final Fantasy, Mario games, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Okami, Mario Kart, Zelda, Tales series etc. and that's fine because if we all liked the same games, things would be much less diverse and the industry would be smaller.

I still enjoy games like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, XCOM: EW, Dragon Age, Fallout games and The Elder Scrolls, but not enough to invest hundreds of dollars just to play the best versions of those games. Since they're also available on consoles, it's an easy and convenient choice for me.

Performance and superior ability just isn't a factor for me, regardless of price.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Cloud_imperium

@Bigboi500 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Bigboi500 said:

And if I cared, I'd buy/build one. The topic is asking "is it worth it?" and to me it is not, plain and simple. Again and again, you hermits leave out personal preference and think the most important thing to gaming is performance and abilities. Console/handheld gamers like myself think the games we like, games that aren't available on PC, are more important.

I've perused Steam again and again, but rarely ever see anything that interests me. Having grown up on consoles and handhelds, I have no interest in most of the games you guys play, as I would imagine goes both ways. I've rarely ever seen PC enthusiasts who like the games I dig, like Disgaea, Dragon Quest, Persona, Final Fantasy, Mario games, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Okami, Mario Kart, Zelda, Tales series etc. and that's fine because if we all liked the same games, things would be much less diverse and the industry would be smaller.

I still enjoy games like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, XCOM: EW, Dragon Age, Fallout games and The Elder Scrolls, but not enough to invest hundreds of dollars just to play the best versions of those games. Since they're also available on consoles, it's an easy and convenient choice for me.

Performance and superior ability just isn't a factor for me, regardless of price.

No one is asking you to enter PC gaming on gunpoint . Stop feeling so insecure , I just said that PC gaming being expensive is just a myth and you completely changed the topic . I myself gamed on console since PS2 era and have seen best of both worlds .

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#210  Edited By Bigboi500

@Cloud_imperium said:

No one is asking you to enter PC gaming on gunpoint . Stop feeling so insecure , I just said that PC gaming being expensive is just a myth and you completely changed the topic . I myself gamed on console since PS2 era and have seen best of both worlds .

I've explained in high detail as to why high end PC gaming holds no interest to me, and the only thing you can come up with is "stop feeling insecure" ?

I guess that'll forever be the mindset of hermits, that console gamers feel insecure. Well, that's not at all the case, for me at least. I've been gaming for decades and I know what I like and what I don't.

This thread's topic is different from your thread, stick to the topic at hand or go back to your thread if you want to discuss what is or isn't expensive.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Bigboi500 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I've explained in high detail as to why high end PC gaming holds no interest to me, and the only thing you can come up with is "stop feeling insecure" ?

I guess that'll forever be the mindset of hermits, that console gamers feel insecure. Well, that's not at all the case, for me at least. I've been gaming for decades and I know what I like and what I don't.

This thread's topic is different from your thread, stick to the topic at hand or go back to your thread if you want to discuss what is or isn't expensive.

And I've already said "It is OK" if you prefer consoles . I don't even know why this discussion is still going on .

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100: once again, GOTY awards are given to games not platforms. It's in the name of the award even

Of course they are but I'm talking about the fact that it has been such a long time ago that a PC exclusive has won an award. It's almost always a console game winning.

I wouldn't call 2012 a long time ago

Butcer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Butcer2
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

What do you have on PC?,

better question. what is not on PC apart from 7 console exclusive no PC gamers care?

The best games of last gen are not on PC.

And PC gamers definitely care, how many signatures are there for the GTA V petition?

LOL, PC gaming beggar race.

best games of last gen were Crysis 1, Stalker, Deus Ex HR. former were PC excluive and later is multiplat which was pretty much consolized that how awesome it would be PC exclusive but still one of the best.

god of war 3 and uncharted 2/3 were both among the best games ive ever played. def better than the 3 games you mentioned. the most recent pc games id rate as highly as those 2 would be battlefield 3 and unreal tournament 2004.

god of war? i hate high fantasy setting so not my type of. dont like hack n slash. plus god of war is buttone smasher is not it?

uncharted is what wrong with gaming nowadays. cover system, regen health and QTE fest.

if it aint on pc you hate it

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

So you agree PS4 is a joke as of now? Nice.

Unlike you, I look at the truth.

And nice try at ignoring the rest of my post.

"PS4 has just released, meanwhile PC has been sh*t for the last couple of years, hence no awards, GOTY's."

Except that statement is at best your opinion, at worst it's completely false

PC not winning any GOTY's for the last couple of years has nothing to do with my opinion.

PC having more aaa+aa than PS3/4, better version than almost all of its multiplats, more genres, better online, better gfx, better performance has nothing to do with my opinion.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Suppaman100

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

Of course they are but I'm talking about the fact that it has been such a long time ago that a PC exclusivehas won an award. It's almost always a console game winning.

Look again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 lostrib

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

Of course they are but I'm talking about the fact that it has been such a long time ago that a PC exclusivehas won an award. It's almost always a console game winning.

Look again.

At a calendar? I mean it's less than 2 years. I can figure that out without counting on my fingers

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Suppaman100

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

Look again.

At a calendar? I mean it's less than 2 years. I can figure that out without counting on my fingers

Lol so I put the words PC EXCLUSIVE in bold and underlined. GS's 2012 GOTY was Journey btw.

Srs, if you're not talking about GS then state it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 lostrib

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

Look again.

Lol so I put the words PC EXCLUSIVE in bold and underlined. GS's 2012 GOTY was Journey btw.

Srs, if you're not talking about GS then state it.

It's not my fault you didn't specify GS. I answered your question. Move along

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Suppaman100: Genuine question here, you keep banging on about GOTY's. What is GOTY to you? Will you not play a game that is not GOTY?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#220 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

multiplats are the best aspect of the pc since they usually are best on pc. if you dont care about multiplats you probly dont need a pc for gaming.

I would wholeheartedly disagree with this point.. I would argue there are far more important aspects to pc gaming then merely better looking multiplats.. Mods, exclusives, the fact your in a open platform with many awesome smaller games by lesser known devs leading to tons of diversity..

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@Suppaman100: hey man. i thought you made a really good post.

yeah, you make a lot of good points - i'm not super passionate about this (or the system war in general), but i'll say a couple of things.

regarding your theory - yes, without the financial backing of a big company like MS/Sony/Nin, we have 'indie' devs making exclusive games, and they lack the finances to fully realise their creative concept. piracy - yeah, i'm not so sure on the current piracy stats, however, i know there's a stigma and a lot of devs will avoid pc for that reason.

regarding your analysis of my post, one tiny point of difference i have is that the GOTY awards are given around holiday times when game sales are surely higher, therefore they occur at a time when they could be pretty impactful on sales. and of course - i have to agree that some goty awards are given through merit. I still think there is some corporate interference, however I'm not about to build myself a hat out of tin foil.

i'm trying to keep this short!

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

"PS4 has just released, meanwhile PC has been sh*t for the last couple of years, hence no awards, GOTY's."

PC not winning any GOTY's for the last couple of years has nothing to do with my opinion.

You're telling me big name gaming websites in the pockets of console game publishers don't give GOTY to PC games? Damn!

Good thing PC gamers are autonomous enough to decide if a game is good by playing it.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Not sure why consolites are so scared of the mighty pc. You know all the advantages and the only thing holding you guys back was the price. Now that is out the way as you have been shown. That only leaves exclusives and frankly they are few and far between.

Are you really going to stick with consoles ??

1. Graphics pc owns we know this

2. Online gaming is free and improved over so-called next gen consoles

3. Games are cheaper and you don't even have to leave your house to get them on pc

4. Mods are huge No more DLC on disc and waiting for patches on pc

5. Play they way you want from kbam to gamepads pc got you covered

6. No more BC issues all you old games work on pc

7. No more servers being shut down forcing you to buy the new game play your old favs with your buds on pc

8. Emulators got you from the wii on down in 1080p or better HD remakes GTFOH !!!

9. No more mandatory Spyware/hardware and having to pay for crap you don't want or need on pc.

10. No more being stuck with old hardware like console for 8 years. Paying 60 bucks for games that turn into slide shows with crappy graphics.

Join the Master Race

Loading Video...

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Suppaman100

@Silent-Assasin7 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

You're telling me big name gaming websites in the pockets of console game publishers don't give GOTY to PC games? Damn!

Good thing PC gamers are autonomous enough to decide if a game is good by playing it.

Another conspiracy damage controller. Lol okay I'm sure the lack of quality PC exclusives has nothing to do with ti.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Suppaman100

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Suppaman100: hey man. i thought you made a really good post.

yeah, you make a lot of good points - i'm not super passionate about this (or the system war in general), but i'll say a couple of things.

regarding your theory - yes, without the financial backing of a big company like MS/Sony/Nin, we have 'indie' devs making exclusive games, and they lack the finances to fully realise their creative concept. piracy - yeah, i'm not so sure on the current piracy stats, however, i know there's a stigma and a lot of devs will avoid pc for that reason.

regarding your analysis of my post, one tiny point of difference i have is that the GOTY awards are given around holiday times when game sales are surely higher, therefore they occur at a time when they could be pretty impactful on sales. and of course - i have to agree that some goty awards are given through merit. I still think there is some corporate interference, however I'm not about to build myself a hat out of tin foil.

i'm trying to keep this short!

Finally someone who can take it like a man when I critique PC gaming.

I agree with most of what you said. It's been a pleasure discussing with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

I dont think its worth the money UNLESS you are a real hardcore gamer. I had a PC last gen and the amount of optimization and modding I had to do to multiplat games to make them even take advantage of my 6850 was a lot.

Steam sales, while they look good on the surface, are actually a money drain as well. You see all these cool games for so cheap and you go on a spree and a lot of them never end up being played. From a stat I saw a few weeks ago, about 37% of all steam purchased games have never even been played once.

Therefore if you are a hardcore gamer that will utilize the steam sales to their fullest and play all the games you buy, and love to spend time tweaking your game to your liking, then PC gaming is for you. For me it ruins the experience when I have to do work to optimize games and make them utilize my hardware to the fullest.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 no-scope-AK47

@Suppaman100 said:

@Silent-Assasin7 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Another conspiracy damage controller. Lol okay I'm sure the lack of quality PC exclusives has nothing to do with ti.

Why the GOTY fixation it's just one game out of hundreds of games.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Jankarcop

@Suppaman100

Apparently my MC and GS lists showing pc having more aaa/aa titles and genres is a conspiracy theory too.

Oh and lol multiplats on consoles. Thats most games bro.

What would you take, 2 gotys or piles of more aaa/aa games and best version of all multiplats? choices choices..

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Suppaman100

@clyde46 said:

@Suppaman100: Genuine question here, you keep banging on about GOTY's. What is GOTY to you? Will you not play a game that is not GOTY?

Look the GOTY agrument I always make is to let hermits look at the truth for once. I know they don't like criticism but hey.

I don't even care much about awards or scores, in the end it's all subjective...BUT that doesn't mean that awards like GOTY don't give a good indication in what is good or bad. Yes it's subjective but it's choosen out of list of the best games of that year. And the point I'm trying to make is that PC gamers claim to have the best games, when in reality, they don't hence PC not winning any GOTY's. (Yes they have the most games with AAA,... but still they can't win a GOTY..how's this?)

I made a big post when discussing with crowkingarthur and my reasoning behind it on why I find PC gaming lacking in quality these last years. (the post is at the start of this page in this thread, feel free to read it if you want to know why I'm talkin about GOTY's,...)

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Jankarcop

Lacking in quality, yet more AAA/AA titles than consoles. Better version of most multiplats than consoles...

Explain?

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 7MDMA

@Jankarcop said:

Lacking in quality, yet more AAA/AA titles than consoles.

Explain?

Too many RTS/TBS/FPS/ *insert genre here* games. Not enough 3rd person cinematic cover shooters.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Suppaman100

@Jankarcop said:

Lacking in quality, yet more AAA/AA titles than consoles. Better version of most multiplats than consoles...

Explain?

Yes I explained that, look at my big post on the beginning of this page.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Jankarcop

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Explain?

But those were your opinions/theories and can not be backed up with factual links. You think PC has lower standards even though GS has stated the opposite. You say it has mostly Indy's when last gen only 20% of the titles were Indy here at GS, while it won first place. Even PS4 has a higher % of indies..

Meanwhile everything I wrote was a fact and can be backed up via GS and MC, or DigitalFoundry.

This is the issue at hand.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 no-scope-AK47

@Suppaman100 said:

@clyde46 said:

Look the GOTY agrument I always make is to let hermits look at the truth for once. I know they don't like criticism but hey.

I don't even care much about awards or scores, in the end it's all subjective...BUT that doesn't mean that awards like GOTY don't give a good indication in what is good or bad. Yes it's subjective but it's choosen out of list of the best games of that year. And the point I'm trying to make is that PC gamers claim to have the best games, when in reality, they don't hence PC not winning any GOTY's. (Yes they have the most games with AAA,... but still they can't win a GOTY..how's this?)

I made a big post when discussing with crowkingarthur and my reasoning behind it on why I find PC gaming lacking in quality these last years. (the post is at the start of this page in this thread, feel free to read it if you want to know why I'm talkin about GOTY's,...)

The premise of your argument is flawed at best. The very premise is subjective at best and involves selecting one game from hundreds across many game types. Still the award is just one games and does not erase the massive AAA/AA and exclusives lead pc's have over consoles.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Jankarcop

He thinks his opinions on rts,mmo,moba,indy are actual proof or evidence...

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

It is superior only in graphics. The multiplats only have a few more shiny tech added to it as there is more processing power and that is it. It is not better in any other aspect. Better to game on the console. Better controls, better general feel and just better.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 7MDMA

@razu2444 said:

It is superior only in graphics. The multiplats only have a few more shiny tech added to it as there is more processing power and that is it. It is not better in any other aspect. Better to game on the console. Better controls, better general feel and just better.

Fail. Shiny tech? Nice euphemism. Graphics is often substantially better on PC with high end ambient occlusion, anti-aliasing, tesselation and high resolutions. Graphics is only going to keep getting better too while console devs are going to have to improvise and downscale their future games; they'll never be able to maintain a full plethora of graphics settings especially if they insist on 1080 on tablet hardware. Also, try comparing GTA 4 running Icenhancer to GTA 5 on PS 3: even the modern sequel gets graphically beaten like a red headed step child by a game from 2008. So massive graphical advantage PC.

Better to game on console? Nope. 30 FPS laggy gameplay isn't fun once you're used to playing games on PC. Faster frames, more responsive, more fluid, more fun.

Better controls? You're on PC so choose your poison. 360 controller? PS 4? X-bone? Joystick? Steering Wheel?

Better general feel and just better? How? If the graphics are better and the performance is better and every thing is tailored to your specific choice it's impossible for the console experience to be better. One size fits all can never compare to choice and preference the same way a cheap piece of hardware cant compare to a more expensive one.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Jankarcop
@razu2444 said:

So,

PC

• Better gfx.
  • Double to Triple the frames per second.
  • Use any controller type.
  • Faster load times.
  • Mods.

Console

• better general feel.
  • just feels better.

Do you see the issue with your argument, and why you look like a complete idiot right now?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Suppaman100

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@clyde46 said:

The premise of your argument is flawed at best. The very premise is subjective at best and involves selecting one game from hundreds across many game types. Still the award is just one games and does not erase the massive AAA/AA and exclusives lead pc's have over consoles.

Well everthing is subjective in the end. Scores, awards,... but like I said it's still an indicator. And I already answered why PC has so many AAA games and why despite this, it still can't win GOTY.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Suppaman100

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Explain?

But those were your opinions/theories and can not be backed up with factual links. You think PC has lower standards even though GS has stated the opposite. You say it has mostly Indy's when last gen only 20% of the titles were Indy here at GS, while it won first place. Even PS4 has a higher % of indies..

Meanwhile everything I wrote was a fact and can be backed up via GS and MC, or DigitalFoundry.

This is the issue at hand.

So PC not winning any GOTY these last years here on GS and well almost everywhere else is also not a fact? This is also a fact, if you like it or not.

"last gen only 20% of the titles were Indy" Got anything to back this up?

Most PC exclusives are indies, that's why it also gets so many AA/AAA games. But indies are not of the same quality as non indies and thus PC almost has no chance when winning something like GOTY. In my big post I elaborate on this.

And please give me a list of NON INDIE PC EXCLUSIVES.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Suppaman100

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Total wars series, Stalker series, First Crysis (technically exclusive), Witcher series (1 was exclusive, while 2 is ported to console), Comapny of heroes, World in conflict, Red orcestra 2..etc

one of them are indie titles. and they are better than console exclusives

on a multiplat side that 90% of games are superior on PC. plus playing as KB/M is better than 4 button controller.

Srs that's one of the most pathetic lists of exclusive games I've ever seen. Thx for confirming what I said.

Crysis and witcher 2 is mulitplat, the rest of the exclusives is mediocre/good but nothing special at all. Now I truly understand why PC can't win a GOTY.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 lostrib

@Suppaman100 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Total wars series, Stalker series, First Crysis (technically exclusive), Witcher series (1 was exclusive, while 2 is ported to console), Comapny of heroes, World in conflict, Red orcestra 2..etc

one of them are indie titles. and they are better than console exclusives

on a multiplat side that 90% of games are superior on PC. plus playing as KB/M is better than 4 button controller.

Srs that's one of the most pathetic lists of exclusive games I've ever seen. Thx for confirming what I said.

Crysis and witcher 2 is mulitplat, the rest of the exclusives is mediocre/good but nothing special at all. Now I truly understand why PC can't win a GOTY.

yay opinions!

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Suppaman100

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

than list better exclusive than. or maybe you are too young for RTS games.

kid, stick to cinematic QTE fest like uncharted which is the reason why most games these days are getting dumbed down.

Just stating the obvious. And looks like my opinion is shared; Rome 2 has a score of 76 on metacritic. I hope they updated that crap for you hermits.

But srs, you're truly helping me in what I say. Like I said in my big post, there are less and less non indie PC exclusives and most of them are not that good too.

Isn't there a list of NON INDIE PC EXCLUSIVES from last year?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Suppaman100

@SNIPER4321 said:

Theres new game coming out using Cryengine 4 star citizen. FPS and space combat simulator. that console cant handle. CRYENGINE 4!!!

Yes one of the only games I'm interested in on PC. But it's still a big question if this game is going to be as good as it looks.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Suppaman100
@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Isn't there a list of NON INDIE PC EXCLUSIVES from last year?

again. can u list good console exclusive? that are not QTE fest?

or better yet how about next generation? can u name any good next gen game that is console exclusive? good PS4 exclusive?

of course not. overprice console with little to no games.

So again not answering my question. But hey I know why, you know I'm right.

As for PS4, I don't find it a good investment as of yet because you can't expect a big library of games for a system that just released. And E3 is just around the corner, so there will be a lot of announcements. Meanwhile PC will hardly get a non indie PC exclusive. lol