BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

This might be a touchy subject to some, but what is your opinion about it, System Wars?

Would PC gaming be worth it if you only played multiplats, but you didn't care about better graphics etc. that you get on a PC. In the long run would it be wiser to just stick to a console?

I have to admit as a PC gamer myself, over the past few years now that I look back I only really play multiplats on my PC.

For some reason I'm not a big fan of the exclusive offerings like MMO's, RTS games etc. Just not a fan of those types of games.

So if you were to buy a PC right now but you only really played multiplats on it, and the better graphics/performance didn't mean much to you, would it still be worth PC gaming in your opinion?

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

PC. Every multiplat is superior compared to their console counterparts..

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

multiplats are the best aspect of the pc since they usually are best on pc. if you dont care about multiplats you probly dont need a pc for gaming.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

incoming stupidity in 3... 2... 1...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre

I understand everything is superior on PC, what I meant was would it still be worth it if the only thing you played on your PC was multiplats, and having better graphics, resolution and performance etc. didn't matter to you.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

If you prefer playing games on a PC then yes it is worth it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre

@GabranthXIII said:

@m3dude1 said:

multiplats are the best aspect of the pc since they usually are best on pc. if you dont care about multiplats you probly dont need a pc for gaming.

What if you didn't care about them being superior on the PC? Let's say your happy to play them how they look on the consoles, would PC gaming still be worth it?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Yes, for example I built my PC mainly for superior multiplats even though I have no interest in any PC exclusives.

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

what kind of stupid shit is this?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre

@SrgtSaggy101 said:

You're dealing with a stupid shit, what did you expect?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@GabranthXIII said:

@m3dude1 said:

What if you didn't care about them being superior on the PC? Let's say your happy to play them how they look on the consoles, would PC gaming still be worth it?

if you love indy games that are throw backs to nes/super nes games or mmos/rts then yes(just buy a cheap pc with integrated graphics, thats all you will need.) if that criteria doesnt apply to you, no.

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SrgtSaggy101

@BattleSpectre said:

@SrgtSaggy101 said:

You act like mmorpg's and strategy are the only PC exclusives. If you only want to play multiplats and don't care for better graphics, performance or mod's may as well go console.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BattleSpectre

@SrgtSaggy101 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@SrgtSaggy101 said:

You act like mmorpg's and strategy are the only PC exclusives. If you only want to play multiplats and don't care for better graphics, performance or mod's may as well go console.

I did say "etc." after that sentence.Meaning I know there are a lot more exclusives on PC to consider.

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SrgtSaggy101

@BattleSpectre said:

@SrgtSaggy101 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@SrgtSaggy101 said:

I did say "etc." after that sentence.Meaning I know there are a lot more exclusives on PC to consider.

I'd choose PC, I like better graphics, performance, and mod's. Everything also feels more fluid, If multiplats were all I played. I'd want a PC to get the most out of those multiplats and have the best experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@GabranthXIII said:

@m3dude1 said:

you dont need us to decide for you.... if its just multiplats.... then consoles.... the new ones that is. though they will drop off in multiplat department after a few years, currently its nearly an identical experience in most multiplats on PS4.

it depends how important that extra money is to you, if its not a problem, then stick with PC.... they will be better. mods ect. next elder scrolls game on PC with mods? cant beat it.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I enjoy the flexibility of gaming on the PC. Even when the graphics aren't cutting edge:

MS Flight Simulator X. Microsoft quit the franchise. But, Lockheed Martin (one of the biggest aerospace companies around) have their own version called Prepar3D.

http://www.prepar3d.com/

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

If you like indies, mmo's, fps's and the occasional rts then yes PC is for you.

If you like everything else, console gaming is for you. (+ you don't have to beg)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattleSpectre

@jun_aka_pekto: Seems like you have some really nice real estate on that monitor, what size and model is it?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I enjoy playing multiplats on PC online. Easier to modify etc and the Playstation is mostly for exclusives and odd multiplat like FIFA which is far better on consoles than PCS

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@BattleSpectre said:

@jun_aka_pekto: Seems like you have some really nice real estate on that monitor, what size and model is it?

He He. It's a dual-monitor set up. The big screen is a 24" 1080p TV. The small one where I have the main FSX screen is an old Samsung 19" 1440x900 PC monitor. Once we finish our move back West, I'll replace the 19" PC monitor with a 39" 1080p TV. My desk is that big.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BattleSpectre

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@BattleSpectre said:

He He. It's a dual-monitor set up. The big screen is a 24" 1080p TV. The small one where I have the main FSX screen is an old Samsung 19" 1440x900 PC monitor. Once we finish our move back West, I'll replace the 19" PC monitor with a 39" 1080p TV. My desk is that big.

Nice, would a TV be worth it though? I reckon monitors look nicer plus with HDTV's you're not meant to sit too close to them, unless of course (since you said your desk is big) you'll be sitting a few feet back.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Suppaman100

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

If you like indies, mmo's, fps's and the occasional rts then yes PC is for you.

If you like everything else, console gaming is for you. (+ you don't have to beg)

i hate MMO. part time RTS player and PC FPS is by far best gaming genre. so nothing wrong here.

everything else? JRPG? platformer? console FPS?? wow such a terrible genres.

apart from JRPGs all genres are avaliable on PC.

Sucks for you that you're missing out on the best games then.

Have fun with your dudebro shooters though

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

PC gaming is just for exclusives, rest i play on consoles. I like to "own" my games physically not just "rent" them like you do with PC games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

PC Gaming is Fantastic but Steam and Origin Can Burn in Hell !

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

PC is always my primary gaming platform of choice, so I don't care really if I play exclusives or multiplats on it. I'd rarely play multiplat on a console.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said: missing out on the best games then.

name them

and whats dudebro shooters? they are all console FPS like killzone and COD.

I can name a game you'd love, Red Dead Redemption =3

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I like to play all multi-plats on PC since I also save £20 on each game.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jun_aka_pekto
@BattleSpectre said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Nice, would a TV be worth it though? I reckon monitors look nicer plus with HDTV's you're not meant to sit too close to them, unless of course (since you said your desk is big) you'll be sitting a few feet back.

I haven't bought a PC monitor since 2006. I usually set the TV on either Vivid or Game Mode. The depth from the corner of my desk to the front lip at the vee is 44 inches. Plus, I lean back on my chair (with my feet on the subwoofer). My eyes are a little over 4 feet from the monitor screen. I put in the 39" TV on my desk one time. It didn't look that big at all........and yes. I'm using a tape measure. Ha Ha! ;)

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BattleSpectre

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@BattleSpectre said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@BattleSpectre said:

I haven't bought a PC monitor since 2006. I usually set the TV on either Vivid or Game Mode. The depth from the corner of my desk to the front lip at the vee is 44 inches. Plus, I lean back on my chair (with my feet on the subwoofer). My eyes are a little over 4 feet from the monitor screen. I put in the 39" TV on my desk one time. It didn't look that big at all........and yes. I'm using a tape measure. Ha Ha! ;)

Heh, I'm going to tease you a little with this.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

I think if you only have either pc or consoles you are missing out, i can't stand having to play everything in consoles, i love the better graphics, performance and choices pc gives me, but there are a few games worth playing that are only on consoles, personally if i had to choose only one i would pick PC since 90% of the games are multiplats and specially this new gen, so i would be getting the best version by far of 90% of the games. Also i save a lot of money on the multiplats.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Suppaman100

@SNIPER4321 said:

name them

Lol, too many to name srs.

What do you have on PC?, you name those best games because I don't see any PC games winning GOTY these last years.

/thread

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SNIPER4321 said:

@BattleSpectre said:
@SNIPER4321 said:

name them

I can name a game you'd love, Red Dead Redemption =3

thats only one. i played at friends xbox.

want it on PC. other console games i dont care.

True, True that's fair enough.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@BattleSpectre said:

Heh, I'm going to tease you a little with this.

I'd like to get a 120Hz TV screen. But, I'm stuck with the 60Hz 39" 1080p TV that's currently in the family room. The wife plans to replace that one with a much bigger TV. That means the 39" TV gets handed down to me.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Krelian-co

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

What do you have on PC?,

better question. what is not on PC apart from 7 console exclusive no idiots like me care because i can't play them?

Fixed for ya snip, as a pc gamer and not in the club of moronic idiots like yourself there are many console games i have enjoyed.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BattleSpectre

@SNIPER4321 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

True, True.

as a console game. i give it 9.7

as for PC standard. i give it 7. kinda like halo CE and goldeneye. but the difference is RDR is actually good while former were average at best.

I never finished Red Dead Redemption and to be honest I found it a little repetitive. Like you're pretty much always riding to a destination, triggering a cut scene, kill a group of people then wash, rinse and repeat.

I mentioned you'd like it because I remember hearing you say in another thread that out of all the console games out there you'd like Read Dead Redemption to come on the PC.

Anyways I'll give it another chance, but I hope there's more variety to the missions. Perhaps I didn't play far enough into the game and wrote it off too early but we'll see.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Suppaman100

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

What do you have on PC?,

better question. what is not on PC apart from 7 console exclusive no PC gamers care?

The best games of last gen are not on PC.

And PC gamers definitely care, how many signatures are there for the GTA V petition?

LOL, PC gaming beggar race.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Pc's my primary platform of choice, although I gotta say there's really not much for exclusives.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@happyduds77: well no its not worth it but you have answered your own by saying you don't care the quality.

It's seems like this thread is just troll bait again, most people would prefer the game to be better looking given the choice.

PC also excels in other areas too, the control is better as you have the choice of a 360 controller or keyboard and mouse.

There are less load times.

A lot of games have mods to enhance the game, just look at skyrim.

Also there are more exclusives on PC than RTS and MMO games.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Krelian-co

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

What do you have on PC?,

better question. what is not on PC apart from 7 console exclusive no PC gamers care?

The best games of last gen are not on PC.

And PC gamers definitely care, how many signatures are there for the GTA V petition?

LOL, PC gaming beggar race.

best games of last gen were Crysis 1, Stalker, Deus Ex HR. former were PC excluive and later is multiplat which was pretty much consolized that how awesome it would be PC exclusive but still one of the best.

good games, nowhere near the best, but i'll give you a 7 for the try.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BattleSpectre

@thehig1 said:

@happyduds77: well no its not worth it but you have answered your own by saying you don't care the quality.

It's seems like this thread is just troll bait again, most people would prefer the game to be better looking given the choice.

PC also excels in other areas too, the control is better as you have the choice of a 360 controller or keyboard and mouse.

There are less load times.

A lot of games have mods to enhance the game, just look at skyrim.

Also there are more exclusives on PC than RTS and MMO games.

I actually own a gaming PC, Xbox One and PS4 + the older consoles. I'm no fanboy and I'm certainly not doing this for troll bait. I saw another thread like this on another site once, and thought it'd be interesting to discuss here too.

I guess at the end of the day, the advantages go far beyond just better graphics and performance. You can mod your games, obviously buy them a lot cheaper and use any controller you like. So to most It is indeed still worth it, even if the only games you play are multiplats.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Krelian-co

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Krelian-co said:good games, nowhere near the best, but i'll give you a 7 for the try.

they were best. Stalker was probably most unique game of last gen. most innovative game too.

crysis 1 was a game that blow me away and still after 7 years. no game blow me away like that. sadly now series is crap thanks to consoles

Deus Ex HR is follower to Greatest game of all time. a legend and represent Video Gaming in every way the Original Deus Ex. while it was pretty much dumbed down but was still one of the best game of last gen. if deus ex was 10. HR is 9.

you don't seem to grasp the concept of opinion. In no objective way those games were the best of last gen, maybe subjectively to you, but explaining that to you would require more neurons than you have.