PC gaming, How its meant to be played.

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Zombielvebrainz
Zombielvebrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Zombielvebrainz
Member since 2010 • 134 Posts

Bieng a console gamer for a long time, since ps1, i have always favoured consoles, thinking they had amazing graphics compared to pc's, well budget pc's but after my friends got his pc i was F'ING AMAZED! Call of duty 4. On console its graphics were terrible, but understandable because it was a old old game but on pc they were amazing! i was completely blown away and crysis 2 was like, ZOMG! So all you Xbox fan boys( i was one of you) and Ps3 fan boys please stop arguining over a 3fps diffrence between gaming on you consoles and get a pc! it might be a little more expensive and even budget pc's run better than a console, crysis 2 on medium on pc is better than on any console.

Only thing console have that pc lacks is community as good a Xbox and ps3. i will miss it!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

Only thing console have that pc lacks is community as good a Xbox and ps3. i will miss it!

Zombielvebrainz

No idea what community you've been playing with. All those ultra annoying kids are on consoles.

Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

Zombielvebrainz

Huh? There are great communities for most games, usually comprised of loyal fans.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="Zombielvebrainz"]Only thing console have that pc lacks is community as good a Xbox and ps3. i will miss it!

Litchie

No idea what community you've been playing with. All those ultra annoying kids are on consoles.

No, every game has its idiots and the PC is no exception to this rule.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Zombielvebrainz
It may be large, but I wouldn't call it good... PC gaming community can be pretty aggressive at times, but at least you're not being screamed at by little kids in every second game.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie

[QUOTE="Litchie"]

[QUOTE="Zombielvebrainz"]Only thing console have that pc lacks is community as good a Xbox and ps3. i will miss it!

razgriz_101

Of course not. They just seem 50x more common on consoles. Which is very understandable taken in to account that annoying kids rarely can afford / want a gaming PC.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 C_Rule
Haha, love how everyone quoted the same part of his post. :P
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Litchie"] No idea what community you've been playing with. All those ultra annoying kids are on consoles.

Litchie

Of course not. They just seem 50x more common on consoles. Which is very understandable taken in to account that annoying kids rarely can afford / want a gaming PC.

Strange concept for system wars but most games dont need gaming pcs.An average spec desktop from the past couple years could most likely play a lot of games on the market.

Trust me you aint seen SA:MP's community that can give CoD a run for its money so glad i dont admin anymore on a server looking at its forums the past couple months.

Zombielvebrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zombielvebrainz

lol i know what you mean, british and american kids are very annoying! but they dutch ones are chilled and cool. the Rastafarians and pot heads are funny and amazingly good at any game they play!

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

huh community? if anything ive found the pc community to be alot better in maturity and gaming skills.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 C_Rule

[QUOTE="Litchie"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

Strange concept for system wars but most games dont need gaming pcs.An average spec desktop from the past couple years could most likely play a lot of games on the market.

Trust me you aint seen SA:MP's community that can give CoD a run for its money so glad i dont admin anymore on a server looking at its forums the past couple months.

San Andreas? I wish there was a big server in Aus. :(
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

huh community? if anything ive found the pc community to be alot better in maturity and gaming skills.

Rage010101
Gaming skills? I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Litchie

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

MushroomWig

That a gamer more serious about his skills in games go out and buy a nice PC to go with his ambition isn't that weird to me. There are great players on consoles too of course, but if you have the amount of really skilled players vs. the amount of really skilled players on consoles, I'm pretty sure the PC wins.. Also, a really skilled player on PC >>>> a skilled player with auto aim.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

Litchie

That a gamer more serious about his skills in games go out and buy a nice PC to go with his ambition isn't that weird to me. There are great players on consoles too of course, but if you have the amount of really skilled players vs. the amount of really skilled players on consoles, I'm pretty sure the PC wins.. Also, a really skilled player on PC >>>> a skilled player with auto aim.

Since you mention auto aim, mouse is easier than auto aim controller. So console takes more skill.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Litchie

[QUOTE="Litchie"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Gaming skills? I can't tell if you're being serious or not.SaltyMeatballs

Since you mention auto aim, mouse is easier than auto aim controller. So console takes more skill.

I could've sworn aiming by yourself took more skill..

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Litchie"] That a gamer more serious about his skills in games go out and buy a nice PC to go with his ambition isn't that weird to me. There are great players on consoles too of course, but if you have the amount of really skilled players vs. the amount of really skilled players on consoles, I'm pretty sure the PC wins.. Also, a really skilled player on PC >>>> a skilled player with auto aim.

Litchie

I could've sworn aiming by yourself took more skill..

I thought you were talking about aim assist.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Funny I have never heard anyone on PC call anyone a "pork ball" etc. I have hardly ever run into the typical halo kids on PC. Also on PGR4 I ran into no end of "chavy" people on there who would give loads of abuse for being quicker. However I think the PC community is harder to get into since not many people use the in game chat. Although once you become a part of a clan etc the PC gaming platform is far far far far grander than anything the console can give. The Console community is more "casual" friendly imo but the PC community is better overall :).

Zombielvebrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zombielvebrainz

Sigh. well i will miss my console friends! and also PC no one ever chats! its so Dull!

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

MushroomWig

dead serious breh. there are alot of pc games, servers, players that would make a consolite rage in frustration and swear to never play with such a gap in gaming prowess ever again. to name one, i think counterstrike is one of those games where only the elite survive

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Yeah PC gaming is the best. If you can deal with glitches, bugs, crashes, compatibility issues, lag, game protection issues, poor ports, unconfortable chair (hey, not everyone has a good one), outdated hardware, missing out on some big multiplatform games, ect.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Yeah PC gaming is the best. If you can deal with glitches, bugs, crashes, compatibility issues, lag, game protection issues, poor ports, unconfortable chair (hey, not everyone has a good one), outdated hardware, missing out on some big multiplatform games, ect.

nameless12345

You def just named a bunch of console problems as well nameless12345.. Oh well, just another day in SW where folks trash talk without really thinking what their typing lol..

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rage010101

nameless12345

your knowledge on pc gaming has been debunked so many times that now ppl dont even consider any of your pc inputs.

glitches are suffered by many platforms and caused by poor dev work.

bugs? dont alot of games have bugs? at least with pc we them fixed with frequent patches and even when a company fails to patch it up, the mod community easily remedies it. what do you think betas are for?

compatibility issues are usually rare and there are easy fixes for them. for older games that ran on wins 95/98 there are usually quick easy fixes for them. i know on steam ive probably ran into maybe 2 games with compaitiblity issues that i fixed in 15 minutes by just going into that game's steam forum for a quick remedy...and thats out of my catalog of 150 games!!! at least with pc's we can go back generations of games. heck we can even play older console platforms! i dont see what the problem is here.

lag? lol wut!?!? most pc games have dedicated servers. plz you're making this way too easy

poor ports? we usually get the superior games even when a multiplatform is designed on a console and ported to pc, the pc version is usually always superior in every aspect!

unconfortable chair? i sometimes play my pc games on my bed or sofa. heck ppl who game on their gaming laptops play on the toilet! is that all you have?

outdated hardware? oh like outdated consoles? do you realise how cheap you can get very good hardware, especially hardware better than the tech found in consoles? this is laughable.

missing out on some multiplats? haha do you realize how many exclusives pc has? you can combine all the consoles exclusives and it still wouldnt be enough to over shadow what pc has to offer. we can just say "missing out on all the exclusives", not to mention superior multiplats.

plz, you hve been trounced time and time again. i wonder when you'll make another pc bashing thread again only to see it get locked like always.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

I'd have more respect for PC gaming if **** like this didn't happen to me, I just bought 2 6850's, they both came with a free game, shogun 2 refuses to start... week 1, I went from absoluely nothing happening to I know see a splash screen that initially shows what I'm trying to start, then nothing happens. Going onto week 2 of uber stupidety of trying to get my new game to work, I should put back in my nvidia card and see if it works...

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
The PC community is far, far better than the console ones; it just so happens that a broad range of games have their own microcosms of communities, which is one of the barriers about it. Yeah, that's from experience gaming online since the 90s.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

So, guys. Do you think this topic could discuss the differences in the gaming experience between PC and console platforms, and NOT their respective communities? :)

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rage010101

I'd have more respect for PC gaming if **** like this didn't happen to me, I just bought 2 6850's, they both came with a free game, shogun 2 refuses to start... week 1, I went from absoluely nothing happening to I know see a splash screen that initially shows what I'm trying to start, then nothing happens. Going onto week 2 of uber stupidety of trying to get my new game to work, I should put back in my nvidia card and see if it works...

savagetwinkie

my gpu isnt as strong as yours and ive never ran into such a problem. im guessing somethign is seriously wrong with your setup/hardware/rig man.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rage010101

So, guys. Do you think this topic could discuss the differences in the gaming experience between PC and console platforms, and NOT their respective communities? :)

AdobeArtist

my post ^ there covered alot of aspects in pc gaming vs console gaming

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

my gpu isnt as strong as yours and ive never ran into such a problem. im guessing somethign is seriously wrong with your setup/hardware/rig man.

no everything else works just fine, this is happening to plenty of people too, this is the thing about PC, the general experience varies greatly because there is no standard, just because you don't experience a problem doesn't mean the people that are aren't having legitimate problems with the game.
Zombielvebrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zombielvebrainz

Sigh, pc is not for noobs. buying new hardware for pc is dificult! Not all graphics cards will work with all motherboards. sometimes dual graohics cards dont work because of software problems. my friend bought components worth $1500 to build his own pc and it FAILED! bought a i7 sandy bridge and tryed to run it on a 775 socket motherboard? also when he bought a new motherboard that worked with SB he's PSU was not suffiecent!

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rage010101

[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

savagetwinkie

no everything else works just fine, this is happening to plenty of people too, this is the thing about PC, the general experience varies greatly because there is no standard, just because you don't experience a problem doesn't mean the people that are aren't having legitimate problems with the game.

back then i used to go with am/ati cards and they would act funny somtimes. i switched to nvidia completely like 3-4 gpu's ago and have never had any issues since. dunno, im just saying maybe u shud try out nvidia. i have alot of friends with shogun 2, no problems so far and they all happen to run nvidia cards.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

You def just named a bunch of console problems as well nameless12345.. Oh well, just another day in SW where folks trash talk without really thinking what their typing lol..

A lot of those problems are far worse on PC because of specific setups, "glitches, bugs, crashes, compatibility issues" exist to a much greater extent on PC's, And that is a fact.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jedikevin2

Sigh, pc is not for noobs. buying new hardware for pc is dificult! Not all graphics cards will work with all motherboards. sometimes dual graohics cards dont work because of software problems. my friend bought components worth $1500 to build his own pc and it FAILED! bought a i7 sandy bridge and tryed to run it on a 775 socket motherboard? also when he bought a new motherboard that worked with SB he's PSU was not suffiecent!

Zombielvebrainz

Lack of knowledge is not a excuse for being difficult. If your friend would have done 10 minutes of research before buying anything, he would have not made that mistake....

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jedikevin2

[QUOTE="jedikevin2"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

savagetwinkie

A lot of those problems are far worse on PC because of specific setups, "glitches, bugs, crashes, compatibility issues" exist to a much greater extent on PC's, And that is a fact.

And that is not what he said. His statement alludes that Pc only has these problems which a Rage01010 already stated above and debunked. The fact he talked about a chair, outdated hardware, lag, etc just makes his argument sound far off as a console is by its nature outdated hardware; lag is subjective base on game, dedicated servers, peoples connections; and the chair statement makes 0 sense (guess consles can have inconfortable chairs as well?)

[spoiler] Speaking in abosolute is a wrong avenue to have.. Your statemsnets Can be far worst not that they ARE far worst. I've yet to have one crash, one game not work, one compatability problem in 8 years on my Pc. That is just me. I do not say that All pc gamers have that issue or not but I will not say its facts that X is [/spoiler]

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="Rage010101"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="Rage010101"]

back then i used to go with am/ati cards and they would act funny somtimes. i switched to nvidia completely like 3-4 gpu's ago and have never had any issues since. dunno, im just saying maybe u shud try out nvidia. i have alot of friends with shogun 2, no problems so far and they all happen to run nvidia cards.

I replaced an nvidia card because i was having issues with games, also the thing was a monster and generated a lot more heat and used more power. Apart from shogun 2 which i wouldn't even have if i didn't get the cards since I got 2 copies with the 2 cards for free, everything else is working much better.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rage010101

Zombielvebrainz

i would say thats neglegence on improper research. so your friend bought $1500 worth of pc components and somehow failed to buy a psu strong enough to run it all? do you realize how bad that sounds? thats like saying you bought a ferrari but it failed on you because the fuel you used was not sufficient due to you using dirt instead of gasoline. what was he running like a 350-450W psu on $1500 hardware? lol i would say thats his own fault. psu is like the heart of a rig. you can have some crazy awesome gpu,cpu,motherboard setup but it wont run when underpowered. com'n man, seriously. i would really recommend a pc shop next time instead building your own rig if you/him cant figure that out

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Zombielvebrainz
I think your mate has played too many zombie games, it appears he's becoming one himself, who would go spend $1500 blindly buying hardware and then say "Oh no... it iznt working omg teh pc gaming suxxx!!!". If he just took even 5 minutes to research his hardware he'd have came across immediate problems within seconds. Sure PC has a higher skill ceiling and consoles are full of kids but guess what, you don't need to bother with unbearably difficult opponents online if you don't have to, you don't have to deal with kids just play at times when kids are at school or sleeping and you get a decent community. I'm sure the big boys who have to get up for work at 6am can withstand tiredness to play a few matches at 11pm to enjoy the much improved community. A little common sense can make your gaming experience ten times better, kids sleep early for school or atleast play much quieter and relaxed resulting in more mature gameplay or atleast no verbal trash talk.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The Average PC Gamer

DillonShwing

I'm not fat or wear glasses.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 skrat_01

The Average PC Gamer

DillonShwing

By that (amusing) logic, the average console gamer

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2008/09/South%20Park%202008%20Contest%20Feature/randy%20ps260--article_image.jpg

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

I consider the differences between console and PC gaming to be neglible most of the time. Except for Bethesda games, where modding completely changes the game. But for the most part, I consider the experiences to be rather similar.

Edit: Sorry for the strange double post mods :(

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rage010101

The Average PC Gamer

DillonShwing

thats a bad generalization, a stereotype, a myth, a LIE! in fact, i think im the complete opposite of that. i dont mean to come off as conceited but i think im quite handsome... i will counter that fake stereotype of a south park pic and debunk it with a pic of my own, mind you, im quite the pc nerd and am very proud of it!

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

cod 4 is an old old game with terrible graphics?

i feel old all of a sudden.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Litchie

PC community is the best community 8)

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Agree about the community thing. I checked out Black Ops during the free weekend they had and the servers were mostly empty. Not only that but the only option for matchmaking was "ranked game," and there were no playlists based on gametype.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
[QUOTE="Litchie"]

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"] Gaming skills? I can't tell if you're being serious or not.SaltyMeatballs

How about Mouse vs. Mouse against Controller vs. Controller. On PC, I would die easier due to me taking a few nanoseconds to correctly aim. It is about skill level I guess, if you can aim at your opponent quicker and precisely. With controller, the thing aims for you. So you don't have to have shoot your opponent precisely, just look in the general direction and done.
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rage010101

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="DillonShwing"]

The Average PC Gamer

DillonShwing

My apologies..here is the average PC gamer

hey thats my cousin, unfortunately for him, he doesnt look an ounce like me...he definitely someone you want on ur side in starcraft tho :P

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 skrat_01

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="DillonShwing"]

The Average PC Gamer

DillonShwing

My apologies..here is the average PC gamer

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/06/03/hardcore-gamer.jpg

So on and so fourth.

I think it's amusing how much of joke this all is.

Srs bsnss?