Pachter: 3DS will live on, Vita will die slow, painful death

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@super600 said:

It's really obvious that the vita is dead and sadly sony is doing nothing to save the vita. I would not be surprised if it ended up in last place in terms of current gen platforms by the end of this gen.

Dead just like the WiiU. :(

dont you own a wiiu?

or did you sell it?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

@super600 said:

It's really obvious that the vita is dead and sadly sony is doing nothing to save the vita. I would not be surprised if it ended up in last place in terms of current gen platforms by the end of this gen.

Dead just like the WiiU. :(

dont you own a wiiu?

or did you sell it?

I own one. I'm looking forward to project X and SSBB and possibly Mario Kart, all hopefully this year. The console is set to be in dead last this gen though and those games wont stop that. Much like the Vita, no matter what gmaers come out, it's not coming close to 3DS.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

It's sad when all sheep have left to hype is a handheld device.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

like 3 Vita threads per day by charizard.

and LMAO don't even compare it to 3DS.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Vita pretty much is and will be only relevant in Japan.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@PinkieWinkie: yeah, all they have is a platform with a fuckton of great games, how pathetic

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@musicalmac said:

I think the 3DS is boring and owes its namesake to bad technology. I also feel the Vita is the coolest dedicated handheld gaming device ever released by any company and it's a shame it's not selling better.

That being said, the 3DS can still be a DS and it still enjoys a really reasonably good game lineup whereas the Vita cannot enjoy those same perks. And I think it's a shame.

I don't wish for Nintendo to fail, I should make that clear. I do, however, think the 3DS is one very boring piece of gaming hardware on its own.

Well that's because 3ds is still nothing more than a DS. When you strip away the 3d effect it has every single game on it feels just like a DS game and nothing more. The hardware and software offers no actual improvements or ability for games to actually be different.

But that's what Nintendo does, they slightly enchance but never actually innovate. The basic DS architecture is still being used, its been used since the original ds. The wiiu is a wii with a gimmick controller, the wii is a gamecube with a gimmick controller, and the 3ds is a ds with a gimmick 3d ability.

From a hardware and software standpoint I love my vita and it excels at everything the ds lacks. Just sadly its adoption has been slow at best but I still love the variety of games that can be played on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#58 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Gargus said:

@musicalmac said:

I think the 3DS is boring and owes its namesake to bad technology. I also feel the Vita is the coolest dedicated handheld gaming device ever released by any company and it's a shame it's not selling better.

That being said, the 3DS can still be a DS and it still enjoys a really reasonably good game lineup whereas the Vita cannot enjoy those same perks. And I think it's a shame.

I don't wish for Nintendo to fail, I should make that clear. I do, however, think the 3DS is one very boring piece of gaming hardware on its own.

Well that's because 3ds is still nothing more than a DS. When you strip away the 3d effect it has every single game on it feels just like a DS game and nothing more. The hardware and software offers no actual improvements or ability for games to actually be different.

But that's what Nintendo does, they slightly enchance but never actually innovate. The basic DS architecture is still being used, its been used since the original ds. The wiiu is a wii with a gimmick controller, the wii is a gamecube with a gimmick controller, and the 3ds is a ds with a gimmick 3d ability.

From a hardware and software standpoint I love my vita and it excels at everything the ds lacks. Just sadly its adoption has been slow at best but I still love the variety of games that can be played on it.

Your idiocy knows no bounds

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#59 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

wiiu is not a failure, its only a yr old and gots time, ps3 took 3 so that shou ld tell you , as far as vita, yea that thing never had a chance, the console market is unpredictable, that being said , any vita wiiu comparision is bull ,

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@Gargus said:

@musicalmac said:

Has a CPP and PSP++ graphical output; PSP-esque button set features.

It was enough to "steal" games like MH, high PV KH and several anime games you would've thought should likely be on the PSP or VITA.

Ninty seems to have gotten the improved the sweet spot for portable console game development (Sony seems to have done it first with the PSP buttons/nub).

As far as variety goes.. I guess it's arguable since the PSV also has PSOne padding w/c is probably have more attractive offerings than eshop/VC but the 3DS has full DS b/c.