Overstrike [FUSE] art style changed because Cartoons = Kids Game.

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Toy Story / Wall-E / Lion king / mulan / tangled / The incredibles / UP / The secret world of arietti / Spirited away / howls moving castle / Pixar / disney / disney channel / Cartoon network

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bambi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The expendables

Joedgabe
yea but die hard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every movie you named
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Question? I know everyone is gonna be quick in this thread to go "Those god damn bro gamers RUINING MY ART FORM"..and I'll ignore the joke in that comment, but why not just put all the flack at Insomniac for caving? You want to branch out, you want to go independent, and you want to make a new ip. And you cave on your initial vision because some people in QA thought it looked kiddy?
LizardFolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LizardFolk
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

It is the reason why the film industry is currently stuck in a "Post-Content Era," where making a movie with substance is nearly impossible because no studio wants to take a risk on a film that costs them $400 Million (production + marketing costs) to release.KingsMessenger

To be very very honest? This is completely the fault of the consumer. Hollywood has taken "risks" before and still take risks now. But no one goes to watch these movies.

Perfect example. Breach. Dry espionage drama very similar to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (although I think it's better than TTSS). No action, just tense drama dialogue. Produced by hollywood studio. Did anyone go to see it? No... CONSUMER'S FAULT.

Another great example. Children of Men. This isn't even a dry drama. Sci-fi dystopian future with a lot of shooting and guns. Actually executed in ways that I never thought possible (that car chase sequence was amazing). Very well acted, very well written, and the action segments of the movie you don't even remember. Did Children of Men make money? No.

So the fact that studios are churning out more movies like Transformers and Battleship rather than movies like Breach or Children of Men. Or the fact that No Country for Old Men or The Social Network is hard to push is all the fault of the consumer. I don't buy the "system is wrong" crap the system reacts to the mass audience. If you guys want better drama, art, and entertainment then start going to those types of movies and stop wasting your money, time, and popcorn on shallow films.

Did you watch Breach? Did you watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? Did you watch Children of Men? Did you watch Sunshine? Did you watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? If not, then you don't have a right to complain about our Post-Content Era.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

Toy Story / Wall-E / Lion king / mulan / tangled / The incredibles / UP / The secret world of arietti / Spirited away / howls moving castle / Pixar / disney / disney channel / Cartoon network

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bambi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The expendables

mems_1224
yea but die hard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every movie you named

thats very true
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 KingsMessenger
Member since 2009 • 2574 Posts

Question? I know everyone is gonna be quick in this thread to go "Those god damn bro gamers RUINING MY ART FORM"..and I'll ignore the joke in that comment, but why not just put all the flack at Insomniac for caving? You want to branch out, you want to go independent, and you want to make a new ip. And you cave on your initial vision because some people in QA thought it looked kiddy? jg4xchamp

Coming from the Film Industry, they are a business not an art co-op. I may rail on the current state of the film and game industries as being "post-content," but the simple fact is that a greater number of people enjoy the products because of the focus testing.

I don't agree with Insomniac, but the focus testing isn't "wrong," it just needs to be interpreted. The gaming industry may be too young to have figured all of this out, but whenever an executive/focus group says something like "This section of this script is boring, you should add a car chase here," it doesn't mean that the script desperately needs a car chase, it just means that for whatever reason you have failed to do something, somewhere along the line and your audience has gotten bored as a result. A car chase may have been their suggestion, but they aren't going to care what fixed the issue if you make it so they aren't bored at that point in time. "Add a car chase" doesn't mean anything... It is an empty statement made by someone who knows nothing about film making. But the reason that they made that statement in the first place is what is important, and it is never a bad idea to take that into consideration. Sadly, that VERY significant distinction is something lost on a lot of people in both the film and gaming industries.

The tricky thing about the situation with this game is that my guess is that they were focus testing impressions removed from the act of playing the game. Removed from context and relying purely on the visual style, would their target audience even be interested? They found the answer to be "no." Now, there are plenty of ways to remedy that problem. Insomniac decided to do what they did, because it was a logical solution to the problem at hand. Granted, I feel it was a short-sighted decision, but it was a valid one...

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KingsMessenger
Member since 2009 • 2574 Posts

[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"]

It is the reason why the film industry is currently stuck in a "Post-Content Era," where making a movie with substance is nearly impossible because no studio wants to take a risk on a film that costs them $400 Million (production + marketing costs) to release.LizardFolk

To be very very honest? This is completely the fault of the consumer. Hollywood has taken "risks" before and still take risks now. But no one goes to watch these movies.

Perfect example. Breach. Dry espionage drama very similar to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (although I think it's better than TTSS). No action, just tense drama dialogue. Produced by hollywood studio. Did anyone go to see it? No... CONSUMER'S FAULT.

Another great example. Children of Men. This isn't even a dry drama. Sci-fi dystopian future with a lot of shooting and guns. Actually executed in ways that I never thought possible (that car chase sequence was amazing). Very well acted, very well written, and the action segments of the movie you don't even remember. Did Children of Men make money? No.

So the fact that studios are churning out more movies like Transformers and Battleship rather than movies like Breach or Children of Men. Or the fact that No Country for Old Men or The Social Network is hard to push is all the fault of the consumer. I don't buy the "system is wrong" crap the system reacts to the mass audience. If you guys want better drama, art, and entertainment then start going to those types of movies and stop wasting your money, time, and popcorn on shallow films.

Did you watch Breach? Did you watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? Did you watch Children of Men? Did you watch Sunshine? Did you watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? If not, then you don't have a right to complain about our Post-Content Era.

I saw all of those films. I also sawThe Tree of Life,The Master,Shame, Beasts of the Southern Wildsand dozens of other films. I also work in the Film industry. We are here to make money, and so is the gaming industry. Like it or not, focus testing is used because it produces results. Overstrike will probably sell more copies because of this change in art style.

Art is dead. Commerce is king.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Question? I know everyone is gonna be quick in this thread to go "Those god damn bro gamers RUINING MY ART FORM"..and I'll ignore the joke in that comment, but why not just put all the flack at Insomniac for caving? You want to branch out, you want to go independent, and you want to make a new ip. And you cave on your initial vision because some people in QA thought it looked kiddy? KingsMessenger

Coming from the Film Industry, they are a business not an art co-op. I may rail on the current state of the film and game industries as being "post-content," but the simple fact is that a greater number of people enjoy the products because of the focus testing.

I don't agree with Insomniac, but the focus testing isn't "wrong," it just needs to be interpreted. The gaming industry may be too young to have figured all of this out, but whenever an executive/focus group says something like "This section of this script is boring, you should add a car chase here," it doesn't mean that the script desperately needs a car chase, it just means that for whatever reason you have failed to do something, somewhere along the line and your audience has gotten bored as a result. A car chase may have been their suggestion, but they aren't going to care what fixed the issue if you make it so they aren't bored at that point in time.

The tricky thing about the situation with this game is that my guess is that they were focus testing impressions removed from the act of playing the game. Removed from context and relying purely on the visual style, would their target audience even be interested? They found the answer to be "no." Now, there are plenty of ways to remedy that problem. Insomniac decided to do what they did, because it was a logical solution to the problem at hand. Granted, I feel it was a short-sighted decision, but it was a valid one...

... tumblr_luw2rt6iu01r6v1hno1_500.gif Well played
LizardFolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LizardFolk
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

[QUOTE="LizardFolk"]

[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"]

It is the reason why the film industry is currently stuck in a "Post-Content Era," where making a movie with substance is nearly impossible because no studio wants to take a risk on a film that costs them $400 Million (production + marketing costs) to release.KingsMessenger

I saw all of those films. I also sawThe Tree of Life,The Master,Shame, Beasts of the Southern Wildsand dozens of other films. I also work in the Film industry. We are here to make money, and so is the gaming industry. Like it or not, focus testing is used because it produces results. Overstrike will probably sell more copies because of this change in art style.

Art is dead. Commerce is king.

Which is the result of the consumer. Classical music was once profitable because the consumer was once a literate elite who dug deeper into their media and entertainment. This happened when Beethovan first shouted at a party "all of you stfu. I'm playing and this is a concert. So you are here to enjoy art or else gtfo" and after that everything changed.

Art, music, photography gradually became less pedestrian and more of an acquired taste that required experience and education in that craft to fully appreciate.

Our current world has gotten more and more pedestrian with the internet. People are less willing to spend time to slow down and think about something through and through. This isn't necessarily a "bad" thing its just how people evolve and because of that... movies, music, paintings, photography, etc are now required to be "easily accessible" and have "instant gratification" to be commercially viable.

Ricky Gervais said... "the only true art of our era is marketing. It's not enough to do it, you have to do it and get away with it"

Producers respond to audience response. That's what ultimately determines what gets made and what doesn't. You really can't blame the system for not wanting to spend millions of dollars to produce a great movie that no one's gonna pay to see. it's impractical. It falls on the consumer to change.

Sorry man... none of this is the system's fault... it's the fault of every single one of you here. The collective masses share the responsibility of what kind of art and entertainment gets released.

I'm a classical pianist. I put in more effort to present my Bach than Justin Bieber or Chris Brown does in their music. Does the audience care? No. Just the way things are. We're less about "appreciating something complicated and hard" and more about "that sounds and looks cool me likey". 100% fault of the consumer no if ands or buts about it. Because... let's face it. Art can't survive without money.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

And yet Team Fortress 2 continues to dominate as the one of the most played online shooters

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

We started to discover that everyone thought this was a game for their younger brother. We would hear this from 12-year-olds. So we decided that we needed to make a game that had an older appeal."

ShadowDeathX

Read this part. Insomniac, why do you listen to 12 year olds. That is probably the worst age group to listen to. They want to act tough and mature, it's in their nature.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

Toy Story / Wall-E / Lion king / mulan / tangled / The Incredibles / UP / The secret world of arietti / Spirited away / howls moving castle / Pixar / disney / disney channel / Cartoon network

Joedgabe

Funny you'd mention that, because The Incredibles is the vibe I got from the Overstrike trailer, in fact, one of the weapons is very remenicent of an obstacle in the movie, not to mention the invisible, stealthy, character.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Also look at Brink. The game may have sucked but the artstyle (atleast on PC with competent graphics) looked great.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#63 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
*sigh* Really, Insomniac? I thought you were better than this.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
That's quite sad. Insomniac used to be my favorite developer, but after seeing what they've done with Ratchet and Clank and now Overstrike I'm very worried that they've lost that unique quality they used to have. Also, I'm fairly certain that a vast quantity of adults play and love their Ratchet and Clank and Spyro games so who are they actually trying to cater to with this change? If I wanted to play yet another generic co-op shooter, there are plenty of other options.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

We started to discover that everyone thought this was a game for their younger brother. We would hear this from 12-year-olds. So we decided that we needed to make a game that had an older appeal."

verbtex

Read this part. Insomniac, why do you listen to 12 year olds. That is probably the worst age group to listen to. They want to act tough and mature, it's in their nature.

As I already said.... they mentioned 12 year olds to compound the point they were making, they listented to all age groups..

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#67 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

GD1551

As I already said.... they mentioned 12 year olds to compound the point they were making, they listented to all age groups..

Well they didn't listen to us that's for sure.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#68 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

So the very first game Insomniac that for the first time appears on a 360...is lamented as being kiddy?
At this point...f*ck it, just make Call of Duty and other mature stuff a 360exclusive so we can keep the trash off of the PS3 while the mature gamers can mature while they masturbate on the mature language and explosions.

DrTrafalgarLaw

What a mature post! Congrats...

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#69 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

the funny part is, now that the art style has been changed, i have zero interest in this game :lol:

Rage010101
same here
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
So unlike what EVERYONE was saying here on SW, it wasn't EA. Good to know.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

These are people that regularly play PlayStation 3 and Xbox games. We started to discover that everyone thought this was a game for their younger brother.ShadowDeathX

Hmmmm i think they may be on to something here. Would explain a lot of the behaviour here in SW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#72 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Why were they hearing opinions from 12 year olds?
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

KungfuKitten

Well they didn't listen to us that's for sure.

Were you at a focus testing session?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Checked both trailers thinking that people are just exaggerating to act cool, never heard of this game before.

The first looked interesting, and honestly felt fresh with a identity of its own. The FUSE trailer, on the other hand, looked like cliche, generic sh*t with no identity. I'm actually surprised at how bad it looked. God damn..

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#75 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I saw the trailer for the new style when it came out... Really quite amusing. Now that all of the interesting aspects are gone, I'm hoping that it will sell badly so that they can learn their lesson...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
Jeesh..
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

That's insane, especially because the project lead (Brian Intahar, formally of1up) is a HUGE Kingdom Hearts fan.He should know better.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Good news. I hate kids and anything that reminds me of them
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

That's insane, especially because the project lead (Brian Intahar, formally of1up) is a HUGE Kingdom Hearts fan.He should know better.

heretrix
I'm sure he doesn't hold enough power to change things around. He might have been overruled.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts
Art style doesn't matter to me that much, as long as a game is fun and can hold my interest.
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Now it looks boring and generic, and actually does target 12 year olds.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Damn Insomniac, I thougt you were better than this. Well, you still have time to undo this thing

I saw the trailer for the new style when it came out... Really quite amusing. Now that all of the interesting aspects are gone, I'm hoping that it will sell badly so that they can learn their lesson...

parkurtommo
Teh Sig 0_0 =|
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"]Damn Insomniac, I thougt you were better than this. Well, you still have time to undo this thing

parkurtommo
Teh Sig 0_0 =|

I can see her ribs...I guess horses have a hard time in the human world.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

So, generic and bland artstyle with no color, constant explosions and weightless shooting + abysmal body physics are the "mature" thing these days? :?

May I be a "kiddy" gamer then?

At least I'll get to play a few truly creative and memorable games...

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
damn. well that's a shame, the old artstyIe actually had me interested in the game (which is more than i can say about any other insomniac game)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
looked up the old trailer, then watched the new one. the humor and styIe that made me interested in the game at first is gone :(
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

That's a load of crap.

I made a thread on here asking if there's a chance if Ninty could get the Banjo franchise back and some poster on here replyed if Nintendo doesn't have enough "kiddy" games already.

It seems a large part of people care more about image and how "cool" they are than actually enjoying a fun game...

The very same people also ignored the GameCube because they deemed it "kiddy" because it had games that didn't feature just boobs, guns and blood and had "cartoony" graphics... (of course they also ignored the fact that GC had the best versions of the Resident Evil games)

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Funny how successful Borderlands, and Team Fortress 2 are, when they both started with realistic graphics, but changed to cartoon style graphics.