Only for those who don't like PC gaming.

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts

Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?nmaharg

yea all the games that interest me are on my 360 and unlike my pc they have better graphics..

if i wanted to run say cod4 at max and still be able to run games at max next year id have to spend about $1500 in upgrades

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

The only real answer is the games dont appeal to them.

Almost any other answer is just petty nitpicking. Even the price. Anyone that can afford a 360 or a PS3 can afford to get their PC to be gaming capable.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 white45e

oh i also dont like kb/m

i used to play on pc alot and i just find it so annoying now.

fps games are so much funner with a controller. sure its slightly less accurate but feels more comftable and more immersive

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?white45e

yea all the games that interest me are on my 360 and unlike my pc they have better graphics..

if i wanted to run say cod4 at max and still be able to run games at max next year id have to spend about $1500 in upgrades

Maybe if you wanted to. But to be relistic, my pc was all of $600 and will run games at max for at least another year. Doubt very much it would cost that much to upgrade.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

oh i also dont like kb/m

fps games are so much funner with a controller. sure its slightly less accurate but feels more comftable and more immersive

white45e

I bet.

I mean, i've never seen a PC that can support a gamepad.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nmaharg

oh i also dont like kb/m

white45e

I agree 100%. I got on ebay and got a 360 controller for windows. Wireless to. Made playing oblivion so much better. As far as FPS go, no way you should want a controller in your hand.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?nmaharg

Maybe if you wanted to. But to be relistic, my pc was all of $600 and will run games at max for at least another year. Doubt very much it would cost that much to upgrade.

sorry but no your lieing..

u cant run any new games at max and you just flat out lied.

hell unless you think max = low to medium and your monitor cost you 50 bucks.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
really dont like sitting at my desk to play games. more comfortable on my couch. really like my controllers more than keyboard and mouse. my pc is 4 years old and would require replacing EVERYTHING to get it up to current standards...and then to what end?...to play Crysis at full settings? not worth it.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"]

oh i also dont like kb/m

XaosII

I bet.

true i guess but not all games have full support and i prefer the cheaper price.

i played crysis and it was so boring.. i cant see how this game got a 9.5

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?white45e

$1500 for cod4? no way.

and "slightly" is a huge understatement.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nmaharg

The only real answer is the games dont appeal to them.

Almost any other answer is just petty nitpicking. Even the price. Anyone that can afford a 360 or a PS3 can afford to get their PC to be gaming capable.

XaosII

I often times feel like im missing out of games, I only have a PC and wii. Funny thing is when I get around to playing big name console games, they're kinda crappy. Like I love MGS2, but MGS3 was like work. Why they take all the fun out of the game? Was in the menu more than I was playing the game.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"]

it sounds as though you just have no idea what you are doing...since their is an article right here on a $500 upgrade, that has all major, high end components.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/$500_gaming_pc_upgrade/

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?Meu2k7

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?Meu2k7

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

$1500 for cod4 and all games for atleast a year

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nmaharg
[QUOTE="XaosII"][QUOTE="white45e"]

oh i also dont like kb/m

white45e

I bet.

true i guess but not all games have full support and i prefer the cheaper price.

Crysis boring? Explain what was boring about it. I can't understand not liking a game, but there is no way in hell crysis could ever be considered boring.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nmaharg
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

You're still way off target. For UPGRADES. $800 at the most, and that would be a beast of a machine.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"]Is the price the only reason, or is there some other reason?nmaharg

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

You're still way off target. For UPGRADES. $800 at the most, and that would be a beast of a machine.

if u think u can run crysis at max for $800 then your delusional
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="XaosII"][QUOTE="white45e"]

oh i also dont like kb/m

nmaharg

I bet.

Crysis boring? Explain what was boring about it. I can't understand not liking a game, but there is no way in hell crysis could ever be considered boring.

um the suit is basicly a gimick, graphics at medium our horrible compared to say unreal tournament 3 and shooting people just isnt that fun..

sorry bud but crysis sucks

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

Like I said my PC was $600, but I do in fact play crysis maxed.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="XaosII"][QUOTE="white45e"]

oh i also dont like kb/m

white45e

I bet.

um the suit is basicly a gimick, graphics at medium our horrible compared to say unreal tournament 3 and shooting people just isnt that fun..

sorry bud but crysis sucks

Whats gimmick about the suit? A gimmick is something you DON'T need. If you don't use the suit in crysis YOU WILL DIE. And since when do graphics have anything to do with how fun a game is?

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

no you dont..

anyway lets stop the pc vs console debate cause neither side ever wins

let other people post

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

no you dont..

let other people post

Um... yeah I do.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

no you dont..

let other people post

Um... yeah I do.

sorry but no..

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

no you dont..

let other people post

Um... yeah I do.

sorry but no..

How are you going to tell me. It's my pc. Was a little over $550. Scores 12k+ on 3dmax 06 and runs crysis max. Smooth as silk too.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

[QUOTE="white45e"]

$1500 for cod4? no way.

if you can read i said.

no you dont..

let other people post

Um... yeah I do.

sorry but no..

How are you going to tell me. It's my pc. Was a little over $550. Scores 12k+ on 3dmax 06 and runs crysis max. Smooth as silk too.

stop lieing to yourself and me..

i dont even care but i know for a fact that your not playing it at max

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="white45e"]

Well do you buy a new monitor everytime you get a new comp?
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nmaharg

Whatever you say guy. But I do daily.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
i prefer consoles....thats about it...price really isnt a problem for me
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
You say this thread is only for people who dont like PC gaming. Hmm thats sounds like you'll only get a bunch of biased fanboys that dont know jack about PC gaming.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nmaharg

My guess is everyone here is some what of a nerd. So thiey will know a little something.

And to dante, any specific reason why you like consoels more.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Killfox

My guess is everyone here is some what of a nerd. So thiey will know a little something.

nmaharg

Um you'd be surprised with how little people who own consoles know about PCs in general.

ndrewn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 ndrewn
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts
To run gamesat max you would spend 700 to 800 dollars on a computer. Take the cost of your console and your current pc. The only game that cost thousands of dollars to run at max is crysis.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dante2710

nmaharg
they are more userfriendly imo...i do know about pcs and stuff...plus all my friends have consoles....so thats a big plus since i enjoy playing with friends
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

Dante2710

they are more userfriendly imo...i do know about pcs and stuff...plus all my friends have consoles....so thats a big plus since i enjoy playing with friends

Yeah thats my biggest issue. I want to play 2 vs 2 madden so bad.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nmaharg

To run gamesat max you would spend 700 to 800 dollars on a computer. Take the cost of your console and your current pc. The only game that cost thousands of dollars to run at max is crysis.ndrewn

Crysis RUNS ON MY $600 PC, FACT.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Killfox

[QUOTE="ndrewn"]To run gamesat max you would spend 700 to 800 dollars on a computer. Take the cost of your console and your current pc. The only game that cost thousands of dollars to run at max is crysis.nmaharg

Your not running it on max though. Unless your playing on 800 X 600 res.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dante2710
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

nmaharg

Yeah thats my biggest issue. I want to play 2 vs 2 madden so bad.

i know what u mean, i havent had a problem with my console and i have enjoyed it ever since i got it...so there is really no reason for me to game on pc...i will get a high end pc soon, but mainly for just browsing through the internet, talking to friends, and designing things in photoshop.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="ndrewn"]To run gamesat max you would spend 700 to 800 dollars on a computer. Take the cost of your console and your current pc. The only game that cost thousands of dollars to run at max is crysis.Killfox

Oh no sir I am running crysis max, and at 1280x1024. That pic is the game running on my pc. I just buy smarter than most. Like why do you have a quad core? And why get a abit ip35-pro if you're not ocing? I have an abit ip35-e and its just as good. You wasted alot of money if thats your pc in that sig. A quad core with a 7900 gt lol.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
[QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="ndrewn"]To run gamesat max you would spend 700 to 800 dollars on a computer. Take the cost of your console and your current pc. The only game that cost thousands of dollars to run at max is crysis.nmaharg

Oh no sir I am running crysis max, and at 1280x1024. That pic is the game running on my pc. I just buy smarter than most. Like why do you have a quad core? And why get a abit ip35-pro if you're not ocing? I have an abit ip35-e and its just as good. You wasted alot of money if thats your pc in that sig. A quad core with a 7900 gt lol.

only a 8800GTX will run crysis maxed at 1280x1024 and only at 25 FPS.

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts

Oh how mis-informed you are.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Killfox
[QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

Thats not the GPU I have. I have a 7950GX2 which I got for free. I just havent changed my sig. So I could care less if my CPU is beingheld back by my GPU because im waiting to get the new 9800 series in feb.

Whatsthe specs of your computer???

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="ndrewn"]To run gamesat max you would spend 700 to 800 dollars on a computer. Take the cost of your console and your current pc. The only game that cost thousands of dollars to run at max is crysis.Killfox

Thats not the GPU I have. I have a 7950GX2 which I got for free. I just havent changed my sig. So I could care less if my CPU is beingheld back by my GPU because im waiting to get the new 9800 series in feb.

Whatsthe specs of your computer???

e2140 @ 3.2 ghz

8800 gt @ 700/1700/1800

200 gb hdd sata

abit ip35 - e

2gb of ddr2 800 ram @ 4-4-4-6

yada yada yada.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="Killfox"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="ndrewn"]To run gamesat max you would spend 700 to 800 dollars on a computer. Take the cost of your console and your current pc. The only game that cost thousands of dollars to run at max is crysis._Pedro_

only a 8800GTX will run crysis maxed at 1280x1024 and only at 25 FPS.

At the speeds my gpu are at it craps all over a gtx.

homebrew197516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 homebrew197516
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
I gave up console gaming when I left school. I have been a PC gamer ever since and not looked back. Crysis is a joy to behold running at max on my 8800gtx.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

e2140 @ 3.2 ghz

8800 gt @ 700/1700/1800

200 gb hdd sata

abit ip35 - e

2gb of ddr2 800 ram @ 4-4-4-6

yada yada yada.

nmaharg

That is just insane overclocking. Smart chosing the E2140, but How much heat are you generating?

Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Polaris_choice
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts
Some hermits still dont know the differnce between a $600 dollar upgrade and a 600 dollar gaming pc. Just because you put a new GPU, CPU and got some more ram that doesnt mean your pc cost you 600$ . You cant build a pc for $600 that is going to think about playing someof the games that came out this year at max settings. Sorry its simply not possible.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
i have nothing wrong with pc's its the owners have have a super-elitist mind set that makes me hate pc gaming
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nmaharg

Some hermits still dont know the differnce between a $600 dollar upgrade and a 600 dollar gaming pc. Just because you put a new GPU, CPU and got some more ram that doesnt mean your pc cost you 600$ . You cant build a pc for $600 that is going to think about playing someof the games that came out this year at max settings. Sorry its simply not possible. Polaris_choice

This was not an upgrade only thing I didn't buy was the monitor. This includes OS and all. And yes sir it is possible. I did it.

And perdo my temos max out at about 65C. My brother got better ram than me and his e2140 is at 3.5 ghz. Best cpu on the market if you ask me.

butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts

Most of it's games don't appeal to me.

Also I dislike the keyboard and mouse. I know you can use the PS3 and 360 controller so that's fine for SP, but online is a big thing for me and it wouldn't be fun getting my *** handed to me all the time...