Ongoing PS4 Shortages resulting in lost sales

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@AcidTango said:

They are selling again in my city in Canada. For a while all the stores in my city had sold out of PS4s but they recently received more again.

Yea same here, I'm in Canada also and I'm seeing some more PS4's not much I go to the local Best Buy or Future Shop as well as Eb Games has some in stock not much like 2-3 sometimes they sell out sometimes not. But I've been seeing them more now.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

Here we go with anecdotal stories:

"I went to 3 stores and they are in full supply, total BS story"

I haven't looked for a PS4 because I don't care to buy one until I have bought a new TV first, but when I went to buy my first PS3, I ended up spending hour going to store to find one. I finally found one at my 6th store. So 3 store is well within reason. I find it sad that SW has molded your way of thinking to the way it is.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

@RR360DD said:

lmao, no shortage at all in the UK.

Shortage in Germany is real though. Obligatory LMAO.
Last week was the first time I saw a couple of PS4 boxes in stores here.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Well if you live in the States just order one from Amazon,com they have lots of them. No shortage here were I live all the walmarts close to me have them.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

@elpresador-911:

Yep I live in Washington state too (sequim) and I had to wait 3 weeks for the 2 stores that carry them to restock.

Batt1eRatt1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 Batt1eRatt1e
Member since 2014 • 131 Posts

There is no PS4 shortage. They just want to seem like there is. You can easily purchase a PS4 anywhere. Online, in the store. The days of its shortage have been over for a few months now. Instead of spreading lies how about getting some games.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

All sold out here in Orlando.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Theres always 1 or 2 sitting at the stores, but like 10+ xbone sitting around.

I remember the original wii took almost a year to have regular stock. People waited dead in morning during the xbox 360 elite launch, everyone was there for the wii, not the box.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

Here we go with anecdotal stories:

"I went to 3 stores and they are in full supply, total BS story"

I haven't looked for a PS4 because I don't care to buy one until I have bought a new TV first, but when I went to buy my first PS3, I ended up spending hour going to store to find one. I finally found one at my 6th store. So 3 store is well within reason. I find it sad that SW has molded your way of thinking to the way it is.

It seems you didn't understand my point, then again, I'm not even certain what your point was. SW hasn't changed my "way of thinking". Are you trying to say something about the number of stores I made in my joke example of what was expected to occur in this thread, which actually did happen anyway? The whole point that I was getting at that sadly soared above your head was people cannot use anecdotal stories as evidence to either support or deny a claim.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

I haven't seen any PS4's or XBones on store shelves locally for a while now. Like a month. See a lot of those giant Titanfall collector boxes though.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Can't speak to that, as I no longer live in Europe. Is there that much of a shortage over there?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

doesn't seem that way

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=8240103&searchpage=true&_requestid=204441

Walmart check for Orlando FL shows 11 Walmarts with PS4s in stock (can't link the window but I'm right)

15 Targets in Orlando Florida have PS4s in Stock

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@batt1eratt1e said:

There is no PS4 shortage. They just want to seem like there is. You can easily purchase a PS4 anywhere. Online, in the store. The days of its shortage have been over for a few months now. Instead of spreading lies how about getting some games.

I guess it really is true, Americans have a problem with reading.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Ongoing PS4 shortages resulting in lost sales, Sony admits

by Luke Johnson 19 June 2014 | Go to comments

Share: Tweet94Email0Share82

Sony has spoken out on the continued PS4 stock shortages, admitting it has lost sales as a result of its ongoing supply chain woes.

Despite PS4 sales having dominated those of the rival Xbox One since both consoles landed last November, Sony’s next-gen console has been hampered by low stock levels since launch – an issue which continues to persist.

Now, talking with TrustedReviews, Sony has spoken out on its PS4 stock shortages, suggesting that seven months on from launch, it is finally nearing a full production run.

“We haven’t yet caught up with the initial demand across Europe.” Fergal Gara, Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment UK told us during E3 2014. “We are still dealing with the day one market.”

He added: “We are very close to being in a full supply situation, but we are not quite there yet.”

Although describing the PS4 supply chain as being “close” to clearing the backlog, Gara admitted the issues continue to result in lost sales.

“We may have lost some sales,” the PlayStation UK head said. He added: “There is no update on PS4 sales figures right now, but suffice to say it is still selling, and selling very well.”

Looking at areas worst affected by the continuing PS4 stock shortages, Gara suggested that the UK is actually faring better than most.

“We are in a bit better shape in the UK, but there are countries that are still selling out every last unit that drops into the market on a weekly basis,” he told us.

“A good example at the moment would be Germany who had phenomenal sales figures last week, but they just haven’t had enough stock so far.”

Although having lost PS4 sales due to a lack of stock – and potentially pushing consumers to the abundantly available and price reduced Xbox One – Gara has highlighted the impending festive period as way of recouping lost sales.

“We have spent a lot of time at E3 talking about the plan for Christmas and I think we’ve got enough exciting content to be able to rekindle that interest,” he said.

“Anyone who may have said ‘forget about it, I will leave it for a while’, I think we have enough of a story now to say to them that they should reassess.”

Did you struggle to get your hands on a PS4? Did you wait it out or switch allegiances to Xbox? Let us know via the comments section below.

The thirst is real.

Some are speculating that Sony may be nearing the 10 million mark by now. Pretty insane situation to be in where you can't make a product fast enough. Could face a situation where they are short-stocked for the Holidays this year, even.

there are plenty here in the UK

GAME isn't out of stock

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-4/launch/?cm_re=home-_-hwespots-_-PS4

Tesco's has some as well

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/sony-playstation-4/cat19380014.cat?catId=4294836439

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

I still find it crazy how after 7 months its still very hard to find a PS4 in stores, to this day its pretty hard finding a system in stock.. boy how the demand is pretty epic for the PS4

It isnt hard to find here in the UK at all now... it was until about February... all 3 systems seem to be doing well here though... not just a total one sided bias.

probably 2nd class countries (game industry wise) EU sales this is referring too...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

It's probably a good thing for everyone else that Japan doesn't give two shits about the PS4, more supply incoming.

I've a feeling though this is just false modesty to an extreme, a fake Velveeta Cheese Super Bowl shortage meant to drive up sales.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Shewgenja

@delta3074 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Sony has spoken out on the continued PS4 stock shortages, admitting it has lost sales as a result of its ongoing supply chain woes.

Despite PS4 sales having dominated those of the rival Xbox One since both consoles landed last November, Sony’s next-gen console has been hampered by low stock levels since launch – an issue which continues to persist.

Now, talking with TrustedReviews, Sony has spoken out on its PS4 stock shortages, suggesting that seven months on from launch, it is finally nearing a full production run.

“We haven’t yet caught up with the initial demand across Europe.” Fergal Gara, Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment UK told us during E3 2014. “We are still dealing with the day one market.”

He added: “We are very close to being in a full supply situation, but we are not quite there yet.”

Although describing the PS4 supply chain as being “close” to clearing the backlog, Gara admitted the issues continue to result in lost sales.

“We may have lost some sales,” the PlayStation UK head said. He added: “There is no update on PS4 sales figures right now, but suffice to say it is still selling, and selling very well.”

Looking at areas worst affected by the continuing PS4 stock shortages, Gara suggested that the UK is actually faring better than most.

“We are in a bit better shape in the UK, but there are countries that are still selling out every last unit that drops into the market on a weekly basis,” he told us.

“A good example at the moment would be Germany who had phenomenal sales figures last week, but they just haven’t had enough stock so far.”

Although having lost PS4 sales due to a lack of stock – and potentially pushing consumers to the abundantly available and price reduced Xbox One – Gara has highlighted the impending festive period as way of recouping lost sales.

“We have spent a lot of time at E3 talking about the plan for Christmas and I think we’ve got enough exciting content to be able to rekindle that interest,” he said.

“Anyone who may have said ‘forget about it, I will leave it for a while’, I think we have enough of a story now to say to them that they should reassess.”

Did you struggle to get your hands on a PS4? Did you wait it out or switch allegiances to Xbox? Let us know via the comments section below.

The thirst is real.

Some are speculating that Sony may be nearing the 10 million mark by now. Pretty insane situation to be in where you can't make a product fast enough. Could face a situation where they are short-stocked for the Holidays this year, even.

GAME isn't out of stock

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-4/launch/?cm_re=home-_-hwespots-_-PS4

Tesco's has some as well

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/sony-playstation-4/cat19380014.cat?catId=4294836439

Ctrl+F 'we are in better shape'

Thanks for playing.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@delta3074 said:

@Shewgenja said:

The thirst is real.

GAME isn't out of stock

Tesco's has some as well

Ctrl+F 'we are in better shape'

Thanks for playing.

Makes you wonder why the PS4 is selling out everywhere in europe except the UK.

Maybe the Ps4 isn't as big here in blighty as it is everywhere else eh?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shewgenja

@delta3074 said:

Makes you wonder why the PS4 is selling out everywhere in europe except the UK.

Maybe the Ps4 isn't as big here in blighty as it is everywhere else eh?

It's because you're the only European country that has an established XBox fanbase. Hey, I love it in London and think the Brits are a great people. It just needs to be said, it's the only country outside of the US where the XBone has a pulse.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@RR360DD said:

where are you in UK? cause i've been to manchester, hull and scarborough just 3 weeks ago all PS4s are sold out.. i don't know about london though. even here in cebu philippines lots of people are itching to get a ps4

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

This is not the case in the US. This must be an isolated problem only in Europe? Move some shipments from North America and South America to Europe to fix the problem?

This seems like PR 101 to create great demand in Europe, or incompetent shipping strategy on Sony management?

This could be fixed in a week? Possibly?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@tonitorsi said:

doesn't seem that way

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=8240103&searchpage=true&_requestid=204441

Walmart check for Orlando FL shows 11 Walmarts with PS4s in stock (can't link the window but I'm right)

15 Targets in Orlando Florida have PS4s in Stock

Loading Video...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Is it a shortage or are people realizing the damn thing isn't worth it with no games and the more recent embarrassment of no AAA games?

Because the XBone has oodles of AAA exclusive games in its catalog.

Such as Forza... and... uhh... hmm... what about... no... uhh... Help..?

So you didn't read Yoshida's comments about the PS4 is not going to be getting many AAA due to cost? God man get with it.

The Xbone has had one exclusive AAA game lolololololololololololololololol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

They're available here.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja: Interesting. I wonder if they saying that they lost those consumers in the short term, or that those customers turned to another product (Wii U/XBoxOne).

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

PS4 is rolling LARGE guys.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Is it a shortage or are people realizing the damn thing isn't worth it with no games and the more recent embarrassment of no AAA games?

So you didn't read Yoshida's comments about the PS4 is not going to be getting many AAA due to cost? God man get with it.

You have drank yourself stupid. (just kidding buddy :) but now that the mutual bullshit is over........................Xbox One has one AAA and PS4 has zero. Yoshida says don't expect much more when Microsoft does?

How can you even argue this?

Oh, by the way, Philly comic con was epic.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You have drank yourself stupid. (just kidding buddy :) but now that the mutual bullshit is over........................Xbox One has one AAA and PS4 has zero. Yoshida says don't expect much more when Microsoft does?

I can argue it because we're only 8 months into a 7-10 year cycle. :D

Glad you enjoyed it! Cons are a lot of fun!

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Journey - AAA with no AAA budget - GOTY.

Keep your AAA budget Ryse while we enjoy our AAA scoring games :)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@bloodlust_101: journey? A PS3 game? We are talking new gen brah.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@bloodlust_101: journey? A PS3 game? We are talking new gen brah.

Keep acting like it won't happen again - it will be fun to watch your next AAA game fail you. Mind you - we do have Flower on the PS4. AAA score does not need a AAA budget. Just like Ryse - a AAAA budget game - received 4.0. Keep the dream alive though!

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#82 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Amazon.com have Playstation 4 for sale right now. If there was a supply shortage because people are buying them up like hot cakes, the demand isnt going away. Sony doesnt really need to worry about a true lost sale since the consumer will buy the playstation when it becomes available.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Jd1680a said:

Amazon.com have Playstation 4 for sale right now. If there was a supply shortage because people are buying them up like hot cakes, the demand isnt going away. Sony doesnt really need to worry about a true lost sale since the consumer will buy the playstation when it becomes available.

you make your point clearly using very few words.

good stuff.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@RR360DD said:

Yep, says it clearly in the article.

Unfortuantely it doesn't say so in the actual stores. Most likely a bunch of Sony's PR BS and lying as usual. I know there aren't any shortages in North American or Japan. That's a fact. There may be some shortages in a few European countries, but in all of Europe? No way in hell.

*********************************************************************************************************************

@Shewgenja said:

@batt1eratt1e said:

I guess it really is true, Americans have a problem with reading.

I think we read just fine and pretty much proven there's isn't much of a shortage in Europe or the UK either. I predicted the shortages would end In March/Apr at the beginning of the year. Sony said shortages would last until Summer and that really didn't happen.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shewgenja

So, who wants to start taking bets on whether the WiiU will outsell the XBone in June NPD? I mean, hey, we're about 20 days from getting the results LOL XD

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

No problem at all finding one in Louisiana.