One Series to Rule Them All

• 64 results
#1 Posted by Telekill (4725 posts) -

What one series would you like to have never end so long as the developer maintained what you considered quality?

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It doesn't even have to be your favorite series. It's simply a game that you always seem to have fun with or it's a series you keep coming back too.

For me, it's Uncharted.

#2 Edited by Boddicker (2813 posts) -

XCOM

But Firaxis already shit the bed with the last standalone expansion XCOM: Enemy Within.

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (58300 posts) -

Zelda

#4 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5650 posts) -

Super Smash Bros.

#5 Posted by ___gamemaster__ (2415 posts) -

Always been a MGS series.

#6 Posted by Bardock47 (5324 posts) -
  1. Legend of Zelda
  2. Super Mario
  3. Mario Kart
  4. Super Smash Bros.
  5. Halo
  6. Metal Gear Solid
  7. Bioshock
  8. Metroid

Generally you can usually be pretty sure those franchises will be provide a good experience.

#7 Posted by farrell2k (6382 posts) -

System Wars has already voted The Legend of Zelda as the best series in gaming. You had the answer before you even asked the question.

#8 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2535 posts) -

Half-Life.

Anyone who is not saying it should be put in shame. Half-Life has universe, Zelda does not.

Looks like Nintendo fanboys only played Nintendo games and they say Zelda only.

#9 Posted by Gamerno6666 (1623 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half-Life.

Anyone who is not saying it should be put in shame. Half-Life has universe, Zelda does not.

Lol charizard stalker.

For me it would be portal.

#10 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2535 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half-Life.

Lol charizard stalker.

For me it would be portal.

STALKER is at least hardcore shooter what Wii U, PS4 and XBOX ONE owners never played.

Well, good news, Portal is in same universe where Half-Life is. So, you can already see how big Half-Life universe is.

#11 Posted by Daious (1396 posts) -

Warcraft

#12 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3621 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half-Life.

I have to go with Zelda.

#13 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25630 posts) -

We voted for the Best Series and it's Zelda. So I will assume the majority would like a Zelda to never die.

#14 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2535 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

We voted for the Best Series and it's Zelda. So I will assume the majority would like a Zelda to never die.

We voted? Yeah, ask this best series in console forum then of cause 95% console owners(who never played any PC game ever) will vote casual console games, not PC games.

As far i can remember, a whole world voted in poll Gordon Freeman best video game hero of all time in gamespot(question was asked from PC and console gamers) but last poll was only asked from console gamers. Also Half-Life 2 has Game of the Decade award and no other game has.

#15 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25630 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

We voted? Yeah, ask this best series in console forum then of cause 95% console owners(who never played any PC game ever) will vote casual console games, not PC games.

As far i can remember, a whole world voted in poll Gordon Freeman best video game hero of all time in gamespot(question was asked from PC and console gamers) but last poll was only asked from console gamers. Also Half-Life 2 in fact got Lifetime awards TWICE what no other game never got.

Too bad great Gaben hasn't made another Half-Life game since 2007.

While I wouldn't mind a Half-Life 3 I wouldn't put it in the "Alive" category.

#16 Edited by funsohng (28125 posts) -

Most of the franchise I like are story-driven, so I actually want them to end at a certain point (and many did).

But if I have to choose, it would be Pokemon. And maybe Total War, though I haven't played the Rome II yet. Also, Mount and Blade as well.

#17 Posted by funsohng (28125 posts) -
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half-Life.

I guess Half-Life will never have to worry about a decrease in quality, since the next game will never come out.

#18 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

As far i can remember, a whole world voted in poll Gordon Freeman best video game hero of all time in gamespot(question was asked from PC and console gamers) but last poll was only asked from console gamers. Also Half-Life 2 has Game of the Decade award and no other game has.

Quiet peasant

#19 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2535 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

As far i can remember, a whole world voted in poll Gordon Freeman best video game hero of all time in gamespot(question was asked from PC and console gamers) but last poll was only asked from console gamers. Also Half-Life 2 in fact got Lifetime awards TWICE what no other game never got.

Too bad great Gaben hasn't made another Half-Life game since 2007.

While I wouldn't mind a Half-Life 3 I wouldn't put it in the "Alive" category.

Because they already working on Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3, but other companies like Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony just milking their games and games that has no story at all. SHAME ON YOU. GO BACK PLAY YOUR CASUAL GAMES

#20 Edited by GamingElite021 (80 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half-Life.

#21 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half-Life.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Because they already working on Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3, but other companies like Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony just milking their games and games that has no story at all. SHAME ON YOU. GO BACK PLAY YOUR CASUAL GAMES

The master race does not appreciate your fake boy peasantry

#22 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2535 posts) -

Hahaha this post proves that console fanboys are Desperate. This proves how good HL2 is

#23 Edited by santoron (7775 posts) -

Final Fantasy.

#24 Edited by lostrib (37791 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Hahaha this post proves that console fanboys are Desperate. This proves how good HL2 is

you sound desperate. you must be a console fanboy

#25 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

LoZ and MGS

#26 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34160 posts) -

Zelda

#27 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3754 posts) -

Half Life , Alan Wake and The Witcher .

I would've said The Thief as well but I'm not so sure after the reboot . Original 3 games are one of the greatest video game trilogies ever created .

Same goes for Max Payne . I'm not so sure after MP3 . I didn't like it much .

#28 Posted by PAL360 (26942 posts) -

Elder Scrolls

#29 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -
  • Halo
  • Borderlands
  • Half-Life (though I doubt we'll get a sequel)
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Civilization
@FreedomFreeLife said:

Because they already working on Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3,

Link? Source? Anything of the sort?

#30 Posted by Chutebox (37383 posts) -

Final fantasy

#31 Edited by Zassimick (6672 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda would be my number one. But other franchises I'm okay with continuing for a long time:

EDIT: Actually, this might be my number 1. After I typed it I realized how much I'd enjoy this:

• Batman: Arkham (only if this would actually depart from the focus on Batman and instead move onto the rest of the Justice League. Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, all with the polish of the Arkham games would be absolutely wonderful and could be a way to see a big franchise like Assassin's Creed begin without getting too stale)

And here's the rest:

• Uncharted
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Mario (2D & 3D)
  • Pokémon
  • Final Fantasy
#32 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2535 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:
  • Halo
  • Borderlands
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Civilization
@FreedomFreeLife said:

How hard is to google?

#33 Posted by parkurtommo (27255 posts) -

See Zelda is already that. Nintendo will NEVER stop.

but seeing as I don't give a shit about Nintendo's games and consoles (despite appreciating their direction), I'd say Assassin's Creed? Maybe? It's kind of weird though since they have to keep up this retarded narrative, so not sure how much longer they can extend it.

#34 Posted by starwolf474 (702 posts) -

Mario

Nearly 30 years strong and almost every game in the series is awesome.

#35 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5072 posts) -

@Telekill said:

What one series would you like to have never end so long as the developer maintained what you considered quality?

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It doesn't even have to be your favorite series. It's simply a game that you always seem to have fun with or it's a series you keep coming back too.

For me, it's Uncharted.

uncharted needs to die after uc4, sorry tc but its the truth

#36 Edited by torenojohn7 (315 posts) -

Grand theft Auto... i seriously want them to go back to the unrealistic physics engine which is more fun!

#37 Posted by RDx_XacT (528 posts) -

Elder Scrolls Skyrim.

Crysis.

#38 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1220 posts) -

Mass Effect.

So much possibility in that world.

#39 Edited by happyduds77 (1488 posts) -

Fallout. I recently became a huge Fallout fan. It has the most unique and interesting setting IMO.

#40 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Telekill said:

For me, it's Uncharted.

Well then so does Halo. Only MS are scared of making new IP's and will never follow up Halo. Seems Sony did successfully follow up Uncharted with TLOU. Not necessarily better, but different and as you probably know, a great game.

That always annoyed me about Halo 4 and 5. The fact that 343i was only created to cash in to the Halo series. They didn't even respect Bungies legacy by claiming Halo 4 is already the best game in the series. Way to spit in bungies face. Halo 4 didn't even feel like Halo. More like a generic CSI Miami in space. The cutscenes especially.

#41 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -
@LegatoSkyheart said:

The only way Zelda & Mario would ever die is if Nintendo died. So that's pretty much a given.

I would say Borderlands, Halo, Forza, Mass Effect, Diablo, Divinity: Original Sin, GTA and RDR.

Series that need to die ASAP: MGS, FF, KZ, Uncharted. Dance Central, Kinect Sports, Ratchet & Clank (enough already. DIE!!) & Pokemon.

#42 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6565 posts) -

I have quite a few :s

Top Pick:

-The Legend of Zelda

Runner Ups:

-Final Fantasy (but please pull it up of the rut while you are at it).

- Street Fighter

- Super Mario Bros.

- STALKER (sadly likely never to be, spiritual sucessors not accepted as of now).

- Fallout (old ones are some of my favorite games ever, new ones a competent take on it).

- Might and Magic

- Metroid (although it is quite a problem, since the fanbase is split on what kind of game it should be, I personally is a Prime man).

- Doom

- X-Com

- System Shock (please bring it back, was only 2 games but damn they were glorious).

- Deus Ex

- Persona

#43 Posted by PikachuDude860 (878 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Zelda

This.

#44 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5072 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Telekill said:

For me, it's Uncharted.

Well then so does Halo. Only MS are scared of making new IP's and will never follow up Halo. Seems Sony did successfully follow up Uncharted with TLOU. Not necessarily better, but different and as you probably know, a great game.

That always annoyed me about Halo 4 and 5. The fact that 343i was only created to cash in to the Halo series. They didn't even respect Bungies legacy by claiming Halo 4 is already the best game in the series. Way to spit in bungies face. Halo 4 didn't even feel like Halo. More like a generic CSI Miami in space. The cutscenes especially.

the thing with halo is it has great multiplayer. uncharted as a franchise is limited, tlou is so much better i dont want naugthy dog to waste their time on uc.

#45 Posted by parkurtommo (27255 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Telekill said:

For me, it's Uncharted.

Sorry man I love Uncharted 2 (not the others) but the franchise is simply not as important, relevant, or good as Halo.

#46 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@R3FURBISHED said:
  • Halo
  • Borderlands
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Civilization
@FreedomFreeLife said:

How hard is to google?

Source? Link?

Let's not do this run around

#47 Posted by Telekill (4725 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: We actually don't know if Uncharted will end after 4 or not. It's all speculation at this point. If it ends, it ends and I'll be disappointed but it could continue just as easily. Also...

... for those arguing about which series is better, that's not the point of the thread. The point is to name a series you'd like to see continue regardless of what other's opinions are.

#48 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Telekill said:

For me, it's Uncharted.

the thing with halo is it has great multiplayer. uncharted as a franchise is limited, tlou is so much better i dont want naugthy dog to waste their time on uc.

CoD has better multiplayer and that is an annual release. But I get what you're saying. The story has to end some place for Uncharted. But how long before Halo ends up another CoD that only sells less because the MP is worse. And ends up having shit campaigns like Halo 4 for every future release. Halo 5 better do something drastic or I'll give up on the series.

Also, TLOU 2 might break the chain of greatness ND has going with it. I don't know if it can possibly impact anyone like the first game did. Where as Uncharted 2 blew the first game out of the water. One thing they can do is make the worlds more sizeable and rich on PS4 from the ground up tho. That's what I'm excited to see in UC4. I am worried for Neil Druckmann and the gang following up such a masterpiece that is The Last Of Us. The first game was perhaps the best told story in gaming. While having very solid stealth mechanics and gameplay.

#49 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2923 posts) -

Atari E.T.

#50 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8215 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Half-Life.