Omg! THAT'S Resistance 2?!

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

[QUOTE="Rigga911"]are you a fanboy?kar008

Not really, I'm just shocked that the 'PS3s answer to Gears 2' is in such a different league from it. (lower obviously) 

wait for killzone 2

no, killzone will nearly blow gears 2 out of the water
AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
You shouldn't talk s*** about a game if you haven't played it yourself.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Unlike most games, Resistance 2 has graphics that look worse as you get farther away. If you stand close to the enemies and character models they actually look quite good. I don't know why. R2 uses some kind of weird filter or something that makes things look worse as you get farther away. You need to be medium-close to things for them to look good.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ermacness
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

Not really, I'm just shocked that the 'PS3s answer to Gears 2' is in such a different league from it. (lower obviously) 

Nedemis
wait for killzone 2

"wait" is used way too much by you cows. :lol:

but yet, lems are still "WAITING" on Alan Wake
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="kar008"] wait for killzone 2ermacness
"wait" is used way too much by you cows. :lol:

just how many lemmings have really been waiting for that game btw? I know I'm not interested in it one bit and I hardly see ANY threads about that game. Just how long have you been waiting for the PS3 to FINALLY deliver some amazing games now, roughly 2 years, right? :lol: I find that beyond pathetic.
Xalaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Xalaten
Member since 2006 • 965 Posts

[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]*sigh* they got the same score people! YOU CANT SAY ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHERBioShockOwnz

Score = one opinion.

Which is what we use on system wars.  You know that.  You've been here forever.  It even says it in the rules up top.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Some people get far to hung up on graphics, you should really have a top end PC if you are going to pull the graphics thing, if not people in stone houses blah blah...
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Nedemis"] "wait" is used way too much by you cows. :lol:Nedemis

just how many lemmings have really been waiting for that game btw? I know I'm not interested in it one bit and I hardly see ANY threads about that game. Just how long have you been waiting for the PS3 to FINALLY deliver some amazing games now, roughly 2 years, right? :lol: I find that beyond pathetic.

actually, the word "AMAZING" is an opinion:o, and since i have a different opinion to yours i believe that amazing games was hitting the ps3 last year. so it's no fact that i was waiting 2 year for AMAZING games to come to the ps3, but the ironic thing is, it's a FACT that 360/PS owners have been waiting foe Alan Wake for like two years, and the game still don't have a release date:lol:
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#59 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
If R2 was on 360 and Gears 2 on PS3 you'd be talking a lot differently now wouldn't you?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="Rigga911"]are you a fanboy?gamermanps2

Well, im not gonna jump the gun and call you a fanboy, but I really think you should check out Resistance 2 before bashing it. You are really missing out on a great game. It may not have the graphical prowess of gears2, but it more than makes up for it with a far superior multiplayer experience and a hell of a lot more content. Personally I like R2 a little bit more than Gears2 because im a big multiplayer man, and well, Resistance 2 delivers in ways that Gears2 just couldnt. But when it comes to single player, Gears2 just crushed R2 :D
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nedemis
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="ermacness"]but yet, lems are still "WAITING" on Alan Wakeermacness

actually, the word "AMAZING" is an opinion:o, and since i have a different opinion to yours i believe that amazing games was hitting the ps3 last year. so it's no fact that i was waiting 2 year for AMAZING games to come to the ps3, but the ironic thing is, it's a FACT that 360/PS owners have been waiting foe Alan Wake for like two years, and the game still don't have a release date:lol:

so I now ask, please link me to the latest thread hyping Alan Wake or even mentioning it with high hopes?
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Nedemis"] just how many lemmings have really been waiting for that game btw? I know I'm not interested in it one bit and I hardly see ANY threads about that game. Just how long have you been waiting for the PS3 to FINALLY deliver some amazing games now, roughly 2 years, right? :lol: I find that beyond pathetic.Nedemis

so I now ask, please link me to the latest thread hyping Alan Wake or even mentioning it with high hopes?

are you going to really sit there behind your PS monitor and believe that Alan Wake haven't been hyped or that Alan Wake isn't a heavily hyped game coming to the PC and 360?
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Nedemis"] just how many lemmings have really been waiting for that game btw? I know I'm not interested in it one bit and I hardly see ANY threads about that game. Just how long have you been waiting for the PS3 to FINALLY deliver some amazing games now, roughly 2 years, right? :lol: I find that beyond pathetic.Nedemis

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25365383http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26643211http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26618401 Those are just a few, here is a link to the entire Alan Wake threads list: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/search_results.php?search_text=alan+wake&board_id=314159282&search_type=topic
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="ermacness"]actually, the word "AMAZING" is an opinion:o, and since i have a different opinion to yours i believe that amazing games was hitting the ps3 last year. so it's no fact that i was waiting 2 year for AMAZING games to come to the ps3, but the ironic thing is, it's a FACT that 360/PS owners have been waiting foe Alan Wake for like two years, and the game still don't have a release date:lol:II_Seraphim_II

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25365383http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26643211http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26618401 Those are just a few, here is a link to the entire Alan Wake threads list: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/search_results.php?search_text=alan+wake&board_id=314159282&search_type=topic

lol ownd
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
yes, R2 is not a next gen game. It has colors! Anywya, it looks they way it does because they have taken a more cartooney approach and is using the same engin as in ratchet and clank.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
whilst you do that, us ps3 owners enjoy the best online coop available on a console.thetruespin
Left 4 Dead says hello to you.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
SW is getting boring. Good thing I have OT.
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

what you are forgetting is that:

R2 multiplayer is much better than Gears 2 multiplayer

IGN voted R2 better than Gears 2

R2 has 10x more stuff going on at the same time than Gears 2.

R2 was never trying to compete graphically with Gears 2 - leave that to killzone 2

its funny that 360 fanboys are so scared of R2. they wanted it to flop so much, and then it goes and gets the same score as gears 2 on the biggest review sites - gamespot and IGN. Of course, now the fanboys claim that gamespot and IGN reviews suck... whilst you do that, us ps3 owners enjoy the best online coop available on a console.

Yep that sums it up :D 

thetruespin
Thewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Thewbacca
Member since 2006 • 3197 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"] whilst you do that, us ps3 owners enjoy the best online coop available on a console.Salt_The_Fries
Left 4 Dead says hello to you.

Eight player, more replayability due to the randomised field outlay and mission objectives, the Phoenix Rifle, and a stat tracking system. Still stands above it.
Thewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Thewbacca
Member since 2006 • 3197 Posts
[QUOTE="Nedemis"][QUOTE="ermacness"]actually, the word "AMAZING" is an opinion:o, and since i have a different opinion to yours i believe that amazing games was hitting the ps3 last year. so it's no fact that i was waiting 2 year for AMAZING games to come to the ps3, but the ironic thing is, it's a FACT that 360/PS owners have been waiting foe Alan Wake for like two years, and the game still don't have a release date:lol:II_Seraphim_II

I'd also like to point out that the games mainstay, atmosphere, meanss it will be raped brutally and violently by Heavy Rain
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#71 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
[QUOTE="Thewbacca"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Nedemis"] so I now ask, please link me to the latest thread hyping Alan Wake or even mentioning it with high hopes?

I'd also like to point out that the games mainstay, atmosphere, meanss it will be raped brutally and violently by Heavy Rain

lol super ownd
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

People have been hyping it up to be the PS3's answer to Gears of War 2 but I saw a review of it on a TV show and quite frankly, it looks awful.

Although the cutscenes and some of the backdrops are quite impressive, the gameplay graphics are poor. They almost look a generation behind Gears 2. The people, aliens and weapons look like they have about 10 contours between them and there are none of the stunning lighting effects and reflective surfaces that Gears 1 and 2 delivered. The characters and immediate environment are more comparable to half-life 2 (xbox) than Gears 2 (xbox 360).

The reviewer also said the levels were extremely linear and your often forced down corridors while more open level design would have suited it a lot better.

The combat also looks poor. It almost looked like a bad Halo 3 rip-off in some places. Certainly nothing like the splattering blood and popping heads of Gears of War.

Naturally it got a lower rating than Gears 2 that was reviewed the week before.

I was quite shocked watching the game played and reviewed. After all the hype and 'Gears-Beating' talk I expected something much better than what I saw. It happened before. Before Haze came out, they were saying it would be the PS3's answer to Halo 3 and look how that turned out. 

gamermanps2

It's no answer to GeoW2 but it's a quality title in it's own rights. GeoW2 looks better, true. Linear, GeoW2 was very linear too. Combat is fun, way more challenging than GeoW2 if thats what your into. Also, Haze was hyped from PC, 360, and PS3 users because it was supposed to be a multiplat, why do people keep bringing that game up then as if Cows only hyped it.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

People have been hyping it up to be the PS3's answer to Gears of War 2 but I saw a review of it on a TV show and quite frankly, it looks awful.

Although the cutscenes and some of the backdrops are quite impressive, the gameplay graphics are poor. They almost look a generation behind Gears 2. The people, aliens and weapons look like they have about 10 contours between them and there are none of the stunning lighting effects and reflective surfaces that Gears 1 and 2 delivered. The characters and immediate environment are more comparable to half-life 2 (xbox) than Gears 2 (xbox 360).

The reviewer also said the levels were extremely linear and your often forced down corridors while more open level design would have suited it a lot better.

The combat also looks poor. It almost looked like a bad Halo 3 rip-off in some places. Certainly nothing like the splattering blood and popping heads of Gears of War.

I was quite shocked watching the game played and reviewed. After all the hype and 'Gears-Beating' talk I expected something much better than what I saw. It happened before. Before Haze came out, they were saying it would be the PS3's answer to Halo 3 and look how that turned out. 

So your opinion is based solely off of one video review???? YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME!!! How can you come to this conclusions. Also GS seemed to think they were both about equal. Since I have played both of them I can tell you for certain R2 is just as good of a game as GeOW2. Not graphically, but as an awesome gameplay experience. Also R2 has 10X better MP the best part of this post is this quote "I was quite shocked watchingthe game :lol: you really need to play games as opposed to watching them
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Resistance 2 is a fun game. The single player however was a disappointment compared to the first game. It was tough and fun but the story was really lacking compared to the first game.
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
You saw it on a TV show. Play the game and get back to us please.
xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

R2 was never trying to compete graphically with Gears 2 - leave that to killzone 2

its funny that 360 fanboys are so scared of R2. they wanted it to flop so much, and then it goes and gets the same score as gears 2 on the biggest review sites - gamespot and IGN. Of course, now the fanboys claim that gamespot and IGN reviews suck... whilst you do that, us ps3 owners enjoy the best online coop available on a console.

thetruespin

Yeah but so are 360 owners, it's called COD:WAW still has way more people playing that on PS3 than R2

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#77 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Resistance 2 looks awesome. Not as good as gears 2, but at least Resistance's campaign wasn't a huge bore-fest:D
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
Two Words: Play It After that come back and repeat whatever your saying, granted you won't say much besides the singleplayer story is bad (gameplay is awesome, story not so much).
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Nedemis

k...now do a search for Killzone2 and you'll see just how stupid it is to say that there's been nearly as much hype for Alan Wake as there has been for Killzone 2.

edit...btw,  I do find it quite funny how none of those threads you linked to had any sort of title along the lines of "sure fire AAA",  "best game ever" or even something as simple as "crysis what?".  NONE of those threads were even HYPE threads and they simply were threads started to either post new screen shots,  trailers or gameplay demonstrations. 

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
Just passing on some info, Huxley, Killzone 2, Alan Wake were all introduced at E3 05 expo, so ps3 owners aren't the only ones that wait on games :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#81 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
How about you actually play the game, m'kay?
Avatar image for WalterPaladines
WalterPaladines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 WalterPaladines
Member since 2003 • 1742 Posts

thetruespin
agreed, the fanboys miss out.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

gamermanps2

That's all I needed to read.

Play it first...

DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DivinitySkate
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

thetruespin
Yes IGN also said R2 gets bland, old and repetitive, while they said gears 2 always stays fresh and sharp. Adam sessler said Gears of War 2 over R2. Also you play the game not the dam reviewers. It's pointless thats like saying that guy hates mashed potatoes so it must taste gross. It makes no sense.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I own all three consoles, and I'm not a fanboy, therefore I can honestly and unbiasedly state my opinion. While Resistance was an impressive and fun experience, in my personal opinion Gears 2 blows it out of the water. That is all.
YoungRay20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 YoungRay20
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

gamermanps2
play the gamer you fake gamer. Stop with the I saw the review crap. I Just got R1 has it pretty good gonna get r2 in couple of weeks.
amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#87 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts
really an unimpressive game when compare to Gears2
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

really an unimpressive game when compare to Gears2amourkiss

Graphically, I agree, but R2 blows Gears 2 out of the water when compared to gameplay and online.

Avatar image for WalterPaladines
WalterPaladines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 WalterPaladines
Member since 2003 • 1742 Posts
The general consensus and from experience we can say Resistance 2 Multiplayer blows Geow 2 away. Then we can all agree when you need a Multiplayer fix R2 is the superior experience.
Mudcake_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#90 Mudcake_Mad
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts
Omg, this thread goes this long?wow
Night-Wolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts
bottom line is that xbox is better..
YoungRay20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 YoungRay20
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
bottom line is that xbox is better..Night-Wolf93
yes xbox>360
Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8411 Posts

Resistance 2 was obvioulsy never meant to be a "graphical showcase".. these guys spent their time optimizing the game to support massive amounts of enemies and action onscreen and it shows.. the screen is absolutley packed with action and the framerate NEVER drops.. and this is not to mention that the game features 60 player multiplayer and 8 player co-op.. both of which also run silky smooth..

if you want to compare games of similar graphical goals, then compare Gears of War to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.. you simply cant make a fair graphical comparison between GeoW and Resistance.. two totally different types of gameplay and graphical goals....

that being said, in terms of acheiving those goals, according to Gamespot they both did an equally good job and both recieved a "9.0"/AAA score.. and according to IGN's "head-to-head", Resistance 2 is the game to buy if you can only buy one...

quit being a fanboy or just take your empty comments about graphics to a 360 fansite....

jg780000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jg780000
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts
I could care less about how many enemies are on screen at the same time, i have played R2, in my opinion its quite boring,no intensity,the main characters i don't care for,the graphics are not that great compaired to GOW2.The gameplay just seems slow and (yawn )boring,i would rather play pac-man than to play this game again.PS please don't call me a fanboy i have aPS3 as well as a 360,just my personal opinion of this game.
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#95 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

gamermanps2

Gears 2 is just as linear.

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts

resistance 2 is really a lot of fun

it's got one of my favourite boss fights from this gen

i don't like it as much as gears, but it's still a great game that lived up to the hype

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts

Resistance 2 is a joke. this game should be scored around 7.0~7.5, and definatly not worth of $60 bucks.

$39.99 is more reasonable for this game.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 II_Seraphim_II

Resistance 2 is a joke. this game should be scored around 7.0~7.5, and definatly not worth of $60 bucks.

$39.99 is more reasonable for this game.

Leo-Magic
:( oh well, i guess its just not your type of game.
caligamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 caligamer
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

[QUOTE="Night-Wolf93"]bottom line is that xbox is better..YoungRay20
yes xbox>360

says the fanboy with a halo 3 avatar

CiocioE1E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CiocioE1E
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

RESISTANCE HAS BETTER GRAPHICS THAN GEARS, HALO, AND UNCHARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!