Omg! THAT'S Resistance 2?!

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

People have been hyping it up to be the PS3's answer to Gears of War 2 but I saw a review of it on a TV show and quite frankly, it looks awful.

Although the cutscenes and some of the backdrops are quite impressive, the gameplay graphics are poor. They almost look a generation behind Gears 2. The people, aliens and weapons look like they have about 10 contours between them and there are none of the stunning lighting effects and reflective surfaces that Gears 1 and 2 delivered. The characters and immediate environment are more comparable to half-life 2 (xbox) than Gears 2 (xbox 360).

The reviewer also said the levels were extremely linear and your often forced down corridors while more open level design would have suited it a lot better.

The combat also looks poor. It almost looked like a bad Halo 3 rip-off in some places. Certainly nothing like the splattering blood and popping heads of Gears of War.

Naturally it got a lower rating than Gears 2 that was reviewed the week before.

I was quite shocked watching the game played and reviewed. After all the hype and 'Gears-Beating' talk I expected something much better than what I saw. It happened before. Before Haze came out, they were saying it would be the PS3's answer to Halo 3 and look how that turned out. 

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts

People have been hyping it up to be the PS3's answer to Gears of War 2 but I saw a review of it on a TV show and quite frankly, it looks awful.

Although the cutscenes and some of the backdrops are quite impressive, the gameplay graphics are poor. They almost look a generation behind Gears 2. The people, aliens and weapons look like they have about 10 contours between them and there are none of the stunning lighting effects and reflective surfaces that Gears 1 and 2 delivered. The characters and immediate environment are more comparable to half-life 2 (xbox) than Gears 2 (xbox 360).

The reviewer also said the levels were extremely linear and your often forced down corridors while more open level design would have suited it a lot better.

The combat also looks poor. It almost looked like a bad Halo 3 rip-off in some places. Certainly nothing like the splattering blood and popping heads of Gears of War.

I was quite shocked watching the game played and reviewed. After all the hype and 'Gears-Beating' talk I expected something much better than what I saw. It happened before. Before Haze came out, they were saying it would be the PS3's answer to Halo 3 and look how that turned out. 

gamermanps2
yaaay another duude with 360 sig!!!! yes sir you are right resistance 2 sucks :(
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

gamermanps2
omg..:| system wars is getting annoying.
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
are you a fanboy?
lightlink7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lightlink7
Member since 2005 • 544 Posts
Wow your post is a joke, I finished Gears 2 and I thought it looked amazing and I rented Resistance 2 yesterday and so far I think its very impressive. Yes the graphics are not up to par with Gears 2 but in my opinion they are still very good, also before you start hating on the game you should at least try it its great.
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

what you are forgetting is that:

R2 multiplayer is much better than Gears 2 multiplayer

IGN voted R2 better than Gears 2

R2 has 10x more stuff going on at the same time than Gears 2.

R2 was never trying to compete graphically with Gears 2 - leave that to killzone 2

its funny that 360 fanboys are so scared of R2. they wanted it to flop so much, and then it goes and gets the same score as gears 2 on the biggest review sites - gamespot and IGN. Of course, now the fanboys claim that gamespot and IGN reviews suck... whilst you do that, us ps3 owners enjoy the best online coop available on a console.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

are you a fanboy?Rigga911

Not really, I'm just shocked that the 'PS3s answer to Gears 2' is in such a different league from it. (lower obviously) 

Avatar image for Dark_Highlander
Dark_Highlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dark_Highlander
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

gamermanps2
And we should rely on those words from someone who has an Xbox 360 logo as their avatar?.......
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kar008

[QUOTE="Rigga911"]are you a fanboy?gamermanps2

Not really, I'm just shocked that the 'PS3s answer to Gears 2' is in such a different league from it. (lower obviously) 

wait for killzone 2
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 polishkid99

but have you played and beaten the game? if your talking about graphics then that's different, gears obviously looks better.
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 polishkid99
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

[QUOTE="Rigga911"]are you a fanboy?kar008

wait for killzone 2

how do you know killzone2 wont suck?
Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
judging from your 360-decorated sig, it's pretty safe to say that 1) you haven't played R2, so don't judge it, and 2) you are a fanboy
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

what people forget is that R2 regularly has 30+ enemies on the screen at the same time. things exploding, bullets flying. its madness.

in fact, watch it in action and you will wonder how the hell the framerate never ever falls. hell, you will wonder how it even runs at all.

gears 2 is pretty yes, but it limits the action on the screen very carefully.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

People have been hyping it up to be the PS3's answer to Gears of War 2 but I saw a review of it on a TV show and quite frankly, it looksawful.

gamermanps2

Play the game and build an own opinion.

GeOW 9 = R2 9.

/thread

Avatar image for Dark_Highlander
Dark_Highlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dark_Highlander
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

Tell the person who owns the PS3 to put his settings from Limited RGB to Full RGB and get an HDTV and you will see the difference ;)  And who says  this was supposed to be the PS3's answer to Gears of War anyways?  There both different games.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Resistance 2 is a fine game in its own right, no need to insult it just because its not up to Gears of War 2 standards.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

gamermanps2
cool random review you saw on tv. gamespot, and many others, reviewed it the same score and sometimes higher than gears 2. its not about graphics (even though when you take in how epic and massive the location are, including 60 player online) its about gameplay and even though gears has an awesome and superior graphics and single player mode, it only took me 7 hours to complete it, and i barely got online because of horrible server issues and ended up selling it. resistance 2 however is an amazing online experience. its highly immersive and extremely in depth, and of course a hell of fun.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

[QUOTE="Rigga911"]are you a fanboy?Dark_Highlander

Tell the person who owns the PS3 to put his settings from Limited RGB to Full RGB and get an HDTV and you will see the difference ;)  And who says  this was supposed to be the PS3's answer to Gears of War anyways?  There both different games.

i never saw resistance 2 as ps3's answer to gears 2 buddy. maybe ps3's answer to halo in general, but not gears, theyre totally different. Uncharted, however, could be considered PS3's answer to gears. and that definitely makes a good contender. but truthfully, i feel that Killzone 2 will be Sony's answer to Gears 2.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kar008
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

polishkid99

wait for killzone 2

70 million dollars spent on developing game, no arguments please..

of it sucks, it will be epic fail but it wont cuz of that investment a sure 9 or more.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
r2 has great graphics for all the onscreen action going on in gears all iget is maybe 5 grunts attacking me while in r2 ill get 30 chimera 2 goliaths and 2 titans with drones flying around oh im forgetiing my 5 comrades all at the same time with no frame rate drop top that gears!!!
king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
are you a fanboy?Rigga911
Does that question really need answering?
Wow your post is a joke, I finished Gears 2 and I thought it looked amazing and I rented Resistance 2 yesterday and so far I think its very impressive. Yes the graphics are not up to par with Gears 2 but in my opinion they are still very good, also before you start hating on the game you should at least try it its great.lightlink7
Agreed. Also, single player and graphics aren't what make Resistance 2 incredible - it's the online co-op and competitive multiplayer. In that IGN feature thing, they commented on the lesser graphics (I think) and the inferior single player, but also how the multiplayer made it an overall better game.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
he was right about the graphics being poor, cause they are. People mocked halo3's graphics, resistance's graphics arent any better if not worse.
Avatar image for Lord__Darkstorn
Lord__Darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lord__Darkstorn
Member since 2007 • 2031 Posts

gamermanps2

I'll agree that GoW2 has superior graphics, but R2 has the better multiplayer.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
Wow your post is a joke, I finished Gears 2 and I thought it looked amazing and I rented Resistance 2 yesterday and so far I think its very impressive. Yes the graphics are not up to par with Gears 2 but in my opinion they are still very good, also before you start hating on the game you should at least try it its great.lightlink7

R2 was never trying to compete graphically with Gears 2 - leave that to killzone 2

its funny that 360 fanboys are so scared of R2. they wanted it to flop so much, and then it goes and gets the same score as gears 2 on the biggest review sites - gamespot and IGN. Of course, now the fanboys claim that gamespot and IGN reviews suck... whilst you do that, us ps3 owners enjoy the best online coop available on a console.

thetruespin
This is all true
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
Just watch the dude's avatar and sig, so don't even bother reading that.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

[QUOTE="Rigga911"]are you a fanboy?kar008

wait for killzone 2

"wait" is used way too much by you cows. :lol:
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts

YAAY another 9.0 vs a 9.0 game., thread

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
IGN, a proper gaming site, said if you could only buy one of the two shooters then get Resistance 2...
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
I found both gears 2 and resistance 2 to be slightly dissapointing. The key word being slightly.
Jack_Bauer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jack_Bauer07
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts

Gears 2 = 9.0

Resistance 2 = 9.0

Who's saying R2 is the better game?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Resistance 2 is fantastic. Sure, the story wasn't up to par, and the boss fights didn't match Insomniac's hype, but the game itself was freaking good. Seriously...

I thought the game looked pretty good, too.

fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

Bla Bla Bla we don't care what a 360 fan thiks about the game with by looking at your sign and avatar picture we now you think the 360 is your God.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Gears 2 = 9.0

Resistance 2 = 9.0

Who's saying R2 is the better game?

Jack_Bauer07

Both are good/great games. Both have it's good and bad. Fanboys just don't want to admit that a game from another system is good/great.

they kinda look like this,

Real gamers are happy that both play well.

wiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#35 wiidog
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

It's true that Gears 2 has better graphics than R2 but R2 graphics are in no way bad. And R2 kills Gears2 in gameplay and replayability. Thats why IGN said its better
Pandajerk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Pandajerk29
Member since 2008 • 708 Posts
judging from your 360-decorated sig, it's pretty safe to say that 1) you haven't played R2, so don't judge it, and 2) you are a fanboyRafinator
no, he said he was not a fanboy, i know it's shooking, i thought he was to but he said he was not.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

thetruespin
this is IGN ? i did not know that.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
[QUOTE="kar008"][QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

polishkid99
wait for killzone 2

i was in the beta and know how amazing it is.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
IGN, a proper gaming site, said if you could only buy one of the two shooters then get Resistance 2...NinjaMunkey01
Who cares what IGN says? You are not on IGN and they have their own forum so if you think that is a better site then should go there. If you want to use another game site and act like they are so much better then this one then at least use Gamerankings since it is a collection of many reviews and they consider RfoM2 a AA games while the average of reviews consider Gears 2 AAA. So most people consider Gears better. I was not going to say anything but I hate when see someone act like some other random website is right because it has their point of view. We have always gone this website only and Gamerankings since it is a average of all reviews.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts
Exactly. The graphics aren't the best I've seen but graphics aren't everything. R2 is a fun game to play, and that's the most important thing.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]IGN, a proper gaming site, said if you could only buy one of the two shooters then get Resistance 2...rybe1025
Who cares what IGN says? You are not on IGN and they have their own forum so if you think that is a better site then should go there. If you want to use another game site and act like they are so much better then this one then at least use Gamerankings since it is a collection of many reviews and they consider RfoM2 a AA games while the average of reviews consider Gears 2 AAA. So most people consider Gears better. I was not going to say anything but I hate when see someone act like some other random website is right because it has their point of view. We have always gone this website only and Gamerankings since it is a average of all reviews.

Gameranking has questionable sources so I refuse to use them. Even if you did, do you believe LBP is better then GeoW2? Didn't think you would. Stop pretending GR is used here. Stop score mongering. Stop cherry picking. Stop fanboying.

I was not going to say anything but I hate when see someone act like some other random website is right because it has their point of view.

see what I did there ;)

Logan832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Logan832
Member since 2006 • 2168 Posts

I own it, and have played it. It's good. My opinion has more weight than yours do to the fact that I experienced it first-hand. A 8.5/10 game. 

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
judging from your 360-decorated sig, it's pretty safe to say that 1) you haven't played R2, so don't judge it, and 2) you are a fanboyRafinator
Haha exactly what I was thinking.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
R2 look amazing.:| Through it seems you are a 360 fanboy anyway.
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
*sigh* they got the same score people! YOU CANT SAY ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER
MaskedHoodlum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MaskedHoodlum
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

gamermanps2

lolWut? Which version of Resistance 2 did you play???

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]

MaskedHoodlum

lolWut? Which version of Resistance 2 did you play???

i think he was playin on an old 13" black and white picture tube using a rigged atari rf cable connected to the rabbit ears input of the tv:lol:
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
system wars is now full of xbox 360 fanboy, sad, real sad...
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

*sigh* they got the same score people! YOU CANT SAY ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHERPSfanboy101

Score = one opinion.

robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

gamermanps2

I don't know why I even come here anymore. Nearly everyone here is a stupid fanboy who would rather talk a load of **** about other peoples consoles rather than just enjoy there console and the games it has to offer. That's what I try to do. If I were to write R2 is better than GEOW2, you wouldn't believe how many people would quote.