ok this is not cool sheep it needs to end....

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"][QUOTE="n1ntendorevO"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

I agree but sales still count because the system that sells well gets more support from Developers so if the console is selling great we will start to get more games, and hopefully they will be good since Developers are finally starting to put time in development of Wii games instead of just porting crap over so in a few months we will see some Quality 3rd party games releasing they are already getting announced.

MikeE21286

Yeah, this is THE ONLY place that sales matters. I mean it's nice that Wii is gonna get some 3rd parties......but it WILL NEVER get the main third party franchises (MGS,FF,RE,DMC etc)

MGS? Snake is in SSBB and has a GC game. Didnt MSG start on NES? owned FF? What about CC? Really thats funny cause Nintendo just got Dragon Quest and BTW DQ > FF. FYI, Square Enix is bringing more games back to Nintendo. RE? Do you mean Resident Evil? Resident Evil 0,1 exclusive on Nintendo and Nintendo GC got 2,3,X,4, and Wii will get UC to fill in the story line. So its only missing RE5 one game....Sony missing 0, updated 1 and UC. owned DMC? Last Time I checked DMC wasnt that good(GS ratings anyone) owned.

Ok.....lemme take a minute to deny your ownage...............

Will Wii owners play......

**MGS4? Nope....who cares where it started cuz you won't be playin it on Wii

**FFXIII? Nope (and BTW Crystal Chronicles is utter trash if you didn't play the first one on GC)

----Yeah, the DS got Dragon Quest IX, not the Wii

**RE5? Nope

**Yet Again DMC4? No

We can keep going just to rub it in..........

GTA IV? Nope

Ninja Gaiden 2? Nope

OWNED

The Wii will actually have its own Dragon Quest game exclusive to the console, just so you know. Other than that, you're completely right. ^_^

Yeah, I know....it's called Dragon Quest Joker.....but again its just a spinoff of the main series to cash in off of

Considering Wii and PS3 sales in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if Squareenix announces some new exclusives for Wii at its party in a few months, there is no benefit for them to remain with the PS3
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Ultimate_Peon
Member since 2003 • 587 Posts
[QUOTE="famousking"][QUOTE="shsonline"]

They sure can't talk about owning anybody with the games

MikeE21286

wii games > ps3 games at the moment anyway

hahaha OK we won't even bring up the guy who tried to make a comparison of top games and was embarassed outta the thread cuz there were 7 10-year old VC games. 

It's pretty sad when people are so into attacking a particular console that they don't even recognize the efforts of another person to join in those criticisms. Perhaps you should reread the post of this person you "embarassed out of the thread". Otherwise this thread seems like a group of children whining and attempting to add a new rule to a game to eliminate an aspect of it they don't like. Nintendo fans may or may not quote sales figures 'too' much, but they do have reason to be happy as before the generation started Nintendo was pegged as being on its last legs and on its way out - whereas now the numbers increasingly point to a miraculous comeback that I believe would be something never-before seen in the industry. Then there's also just the simple oft-repeated fact/belief that high sales of the Wii could finally help Nintendo recover from the third-party support woes it has suffered for the last two generations. Like virtually any other thing mentioned in System Wars, high sales help give a sense of validation to peoples' purchase, and is one of the only things that are maintained by relatively hard fact - unlike the other largely subjective things used for arguing in this forum.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"][QUOTE="famousking"][QUOTE="shsonline"]

They sure can't talk about owning anybody with the games

Ultimate_Peon

wii games > ps3 games at the moment anyway

hahaha OK we won't even bring up the guy who tried to make a comparison of top games and was embarassed outta the thread cuz there were 7 10-year old VC games.

It's pretty sad when people are so into attacking a particular console that they don't even recognize the efforts of another person to join in those criticisms. Perhaps you should reread the post of this person you "embarassed out of the thread". Otherwise this thread seems like a group of children whining and attempting to add a new rule to a game to eliminate an aspect of it they don't like. Nintendo fans may or may not quote sales figures 'too' much, but they do have reason to be happy as before the generation started Nintendo was pegged as being on its last legs and on its way out - whereas now the numbers increasingly point to a miraculous comeback that I believe would be something never-before seen in the industry. Then there's also just the simple oft-repeated fact/belief that high sales of the Wii could finally help Nintendo recover from the third-party support woes it has suffered for the last two generations. Like virtually any other thing mentioned in System Wars, high sales help give a sense of validation to peoples' purchase, and is one of the only things that are maintained by relatively hard fact - unlike the other largely subjective things used for arguing in this forum.

Wait, he wasn't talking about ME, was he? I posted the top 10 games for a reason, why would I attempt to own myself if I was making the point the Wii didn't have games? 

Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ultimate_Peon

Wait, he wasn't talking about ME, was he? I posted the top 10 games for a reason, why would I attempt to own myself if I was making the point the Wii didn't have games? shsonline

"Wow, embarassing. You claim ownage for Wii with 7 10-year old VC Games......that's no good there."

Seems like he was talking to you to me.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Sheep need to realise that the wii isn´t even in the same race, microsoft doesn´t care, sony doesn´t care. The wii is mainstream like britney spears and guess what, britney sells a whole lot of albums, your not gonna tell me it´s "good" music are you?
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Ultimate_Peon
Sheep need to realise that the wii isn´t even in the same race, microsoft doesn´t care, sony doesn´t care. The wii is mainstream like britney spears and guess what, britney sells a whole lot of albums, your not gonna tell me it´s "good" music are you?Eddie-Vedder
If lots of people are buying the albums, then it seems logical to assume that those people enjoy her music, whatever your own personal feelings on whether it's "good" music.
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#107 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I can agree with the sheep logic gameplay over graphics but while lemmings and cows may be graphic whores sheep have become somthing much worse sales whores. the sheep constantly use it as there main source of ownage... at least graphics have somthing to do with the games but sheep just care about sales imo I may be wrong but i mean in a thread i was in like 5 sheep tried to pwn some guy by bragging about the wii's sales... sorry but this just gets me stick to gameplay sheep becuse you look stupis when you bring up sales non stop. ..kingyoto
Obviously, sales have nothing to do with games. I mean, it's not like people buy a system because it has good games or anything.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Sheep need to realise that the wii isn´t even in the same race, microsoft doesn´t care, sony doesn´t care. The wii is mainstream like britney spears and guess what, britney sells a whole lot of albums, your not gonna tell me it´s "good" music are you?Ultimate_Peon
If lots of people are buying the albums, then it seems logical to assume that those people enjoy her music, whatever your own personal feelings on whether it's "good" music.

Good music isn´t just a matter of opinion, your entitled to your opinion of course, free to it, but music isn´t something that you are born with, you can be born with talent, but music you have to learn, and most of the top selling albums in every country are pretty bad, shallow, typical, uncomplicated crap that´s simply easy to listen to cause you´ve heard the same damn thing the last bunch of years to the common folk it´s fresh and new and diferent, then a month later they go on to something else. This also kind of explains why I don´t like the wii so much, but I like the wii a lot more then bad music lol.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 AvinashTyagi
Sheep need to realise that the wii isn´t even in the same race, microsoft doesn´t care, sony doesn´t care. The wii is mainstream like britney spears and guess what, britney sells a whole lot of albums, your not gonna tell me it´s "good" music are you?Eddie-Vedder
:lol: You're delusional if you think Sony and MS don't care
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ultimate_Peon

Good music isn´t just a matter of opinion, your entitled to your opinion of course, free to it, but music isn´t something that you are born with, you can be born with talent, but music you have to learn, and most of the top selling albums in every country are pretty bad, shallow, typical, uncomplicated crap that´s simply easy to listen to cause you´ve heard the same damn thing the last bunch of years to the common folk it´s fresh and new and diferent, then a month later they go on to something else. This also kind of explains why I don´t like the wii so much, but I like the wii a lot more then bad music lol. Eddie-Vedder

I'd debate whether something being good or not isn't a matter of opinion, but System Wars isn't really the place for that sort of conversation. So I'll just say that perhaps these people buying the albums are looking for something different than you are in music to buy.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Good music isn´t just a matter of opinion, your entitled to your opinion of course, free to it, but music isn´t something that you are born with, you can be born with talent, but music you have to learn, and most of the top selling albums in every country are pretty bad, shallow, typical, uncomplicated crap that´s simply easy to listen to cause you´ve heard the same damn thing the last bunch of years to the common folk it´s fresh and new and diferent, then a month later they go on to something else. This also kind of explains why I don´t like the wii so much, but I like the wii a lot more then bad music lol. Ultimate_Peon

I'd debate whether something being good or not isn't a matter of opinion, but System Wars isn't really the place for that sort of conversation. So I'll just say that perhaps these people buying the albums are looking for something different than you are in music to buy.

That´s my point exactly, I would love to have a wii I´m sure I would have some good times with it, but it is different, it´s not really in the same category, I mean I think you either prefer a wii or in the other corner you have the ppl who prefer a 360 or ps3, some pick the 360 some pick the ps3, but I´m pretty sure if  a cow couldn´t play a ps3 anymore they would go to the 360, and vice versa, it´s really a different experience and therefor not in the same race. This must sound like a major bash to the wii but that really wasn´t what I intended.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
Nintendo even said that it wasn't directly competing with PS3 + 360
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Cows used sales last gen, despite the ineferior graphics and power.... just saying.
Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"][QUOTE="n1ntendorevO"][QUOTE="MikeE21286"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

I agree but sales still count because the system that sells well gets more support from Developers so if the console is selling great we will start to get more games, and hopefully they will be good since Developers are finally starting to put time in development of Wii games instead of just porting crap over so in a few months we will see some Quality 3rd party games releasing they are already getting announced.

MikeE21286

Yeah, this is THE ONLY place that sales matters. I mean it's nice that Wii is gonna get some 3rd parties......but it WILL NEVER get the main third party franchises (MGS,FF,RE,DMC etc)

MGS? Snake is in SSBB and has a GC game. Didnt MSG start on NES? owned FF? What about CC? Really thats funny cause Nintendo just got Dragon Quest and BTW DQ > FF. FYI, Square Enix is bringing more games back to Nintendo. RE? Do you mean Resident Evil? Resident Evil 0,1 exclusive on Nintendo and Nintendo GC got 2,3,X,4, and Wii will get UC to fill in the story line. So its only missing RE5 one game....Sony missing 0, updated 1 and UC. owned DMC? Last Time I checked DMC wasnt that good(GS ratings anyone) owned.

Ok.....lemme take a minute to deny your ownage...............

Will Wii owners play......

**MGS4? Nope....who cares where it started cuz you won't be playin it on Wii

**FFXIII? Nope (and BTW Crystal Chronicles is utter trash if you didn't play the first one on GC)

----Yeah, the DS got Dragon Quest IX, not the Wii

**RE5? Nope

**Yet Again DMC4? No

We can keep going just to rub it in..........

GTA IV? Nope

Ninja Gaiden 2? Nope

OWNED

The Wii will actually have its own Dragon Quest game exclusive to the console, just so you know. Other than that, you're completely right. ^_^

Yeah, I know....it's called Dragon Quest Joker.....but again its just a spinoff of the main series to cash in off of

WRONG! It's Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#115 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

Yeah, you can't really give "sales" as a reason to own a system. That's just ridiculously dumbMikeE21286

Well, sales usually means more games.  Unfortunately in the case of the Wii it will mean more mini-game compilations and cooking sims.  :lol: 

Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ultimate_Peon

That´s my point exactly, I would love to have a wii I´m sure I would have some good times with it, but it is different, it´s not really in the same category, I mean I think you either prefer a wii or in the other corner you have the ppl who prefer a 360 or ps3, some pick the 360 some pick the ps3, but I´m pretty sure if  a cow couldn´t play a ps3 anymore they would go to the 360, and vice versa, it´s really a different experience and therefor not in the same race. This must sound like a major bash to the wii but that really wasn´t what I intended. Eddie-Vedder

The 360 and PS3 would certainly seem to be closer to each other right now than the Wii, that is true, though that might change somewhat after the libraries of the three systems solidify. At any rate the Wii is still competing with the other two for a share of the same market, as I believe most people still do not buy more than one console and that is something I'm sure Microsoft and Sony care about.

qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts
I agree with everything you said. Everytime theres a DS vs PSP or a PS3 vs Wii thread it gets flooded with this phrase -> "but teh SALEZ!!". Seriously..do people really need to know how much a console sells to buy it?
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#118 kingyoto
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
exactly
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 kingyoto
lol its true but sheep will hate to hear it
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#121 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
I don't remember ever thinking, "Hey that console gets lots of sales, I think I'll buy it!"
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
I can agree with the sheep logic gameplay over graphics but while lemmings and cows may be graphic whores sheep have become somthing much worse sales whores. the sheep constantly use it as there main source of ownage... at least graphics have somthing to do with the games but sheep just care about sales imo I may be wrong but i mean in a thread i was in like 5 sheep tried to pwn some guy by bragging about the wii's sales... sorry but this just gets me stick to gameplay sheep becuse you look stupis when you bring up  sales non stop. ..kingyoto
Nintendo said from the beginning! Its all about the gameplay more then graphics. kingyoto get of the weed and maybe you will understand that Nintendo is the gaming industry, Sony doesn't belong in the gaming industry. nintendo made them come in not themselfs. Microsoft came in themselfs because of all the money they made on the software and look what happen to sony now. the ps1 and ps2 didn't have great graphics. the Xbox did and Sony sal it and that is why the ps3 is so expensive because Sony doesn't now how to make great graphics like Microsoft can.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 AvinashTyagi
I don't remember ever thinking, "Hey that console gets lots of sales, I think I'll buy it!"cheezisgoooood
Ah but have you ever thought, "that console has a ton of games"?
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 kingyoto
[QUOTE="kingyoto"]I can agree with the sheep logic gameplay over graphics but while lemmings and cows may be graphic whores sheep have become somthing much worse sales whores. the sheep constantly use it as there main source of ownage... at least graphics have somthing to do with the games but sheep just care about sales imo I may be wrong but i mean in a thread i was in like 5 sheep tried to pwn some guy by bragging about the wii's sales... sorry but this just gets me stick to gameplay sheep becuse you look stupis when you bring up sales non stop. ..NRGCDS
Nintendo said from the beginning! Its all about the gameplay more then graphics. kingyoto get of the weed and maybe you will understand that Nintendo is the gaming industry, Sony doesn't belong in the gaming industry. nintendo made them come in not themselfs. Microsoft came in themselfs because of all the money they made on the software and look what happen to sony now. the ps1 and ps2 didn't have great graphics. the Xbox did and Sony sal it and that is why the ps3 is so expensive because Sony doesn't now how to make great graphics like Microsoft can.

the ps3 is expensive because they took a risk with blu ray... and i'm not sure what the point of you post was you just attacked me rather than responding to anything I actually said... the whole point of my post was to say sheep use sales as ownage and you some how didn't even address what I was talking about...
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kingyoto
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="kingyoto"]I can agree with the sheep logic gameplay over graphics but while lemmings and cows may be graphic whores sheep have become somthing much worse sales whores. the sheep constantly use it as there main source of ownage... at least graphics have somthing to do with the games but sheep just care about sales imo I may be wrong but i mean in a thread i was in like 5 sheep tried to pwn some guy by bragging about the wii's sales... sorry but this just gets me stick to gameplay sheep becuse you look stupis when you bring up sales non stop. ..kingyoto

the ps3 is expensive because they took a risk with blu ray... and i'm not sure what the point of you post was you just attacked me rather than responding to anything I actually said... the whole point of my post was to say sheep use sales as ownage and you some how didn't even address what I was talking about...

ps... sony belongs in the gaming industry just as much as the other company's so get off the crack
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#126 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
only when the wii graphics bashing ends.
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kingyoto
only when the wii graphics bashing ends.OGTiago
but graphics have to do with the gaming experience sales are totally irrelevant
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.kingyoto

Sales are totally relevant in helping acquire new games and 3rd party support. With continually strong sales there is a better picture of future sales and user bases numbers showing Devs/Publishers that it is a sound investment to make games for a platform.

People need to understand things dont just change over night, games take years to develop. This is a business, so even though it seems like a dumb reason to go buy a console, it works because sales dictate support so buying a console that sells will almost ensures that it will have the software along side it. Later this year the effects of Wii's strong sales will be seen with larger amounts of games announced and more of those games with high production values.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.kingyoto

No they aren't since without sales you would not even have the gaming experience in the first place
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kingyoto
[QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.enduin

Sales are totally relevant in helping acquire new games and 3rd party support. With continually strong sales there is a better picture of future sales and user bases numbers showing Devs/Publishers that it is a sound investment to make games for a platform. People need to understand things dont just change over night, games take years to develop. This is a business, so even though it is a dumb reason to go buy a console, it works because sales dictate support so buying a console that sells will almost ensures that it will have the software along side it. Later this year the effects of Wii's strong sales will be seen with larger amounts of games announced and more of those games with high production values.

I will NEVER buy a console just because it has the best sales... I buy a system for what games it has and what games it has coming out... this is stupid even though greater sales with bring more dev support it doen't make it a reason to buy a console imo
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131 kyle-244
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
yeah I totally agree
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kingyoto
[QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.AvinashTyagi

No they aren't since without sales you would not even have the gaming experience in the first place

indeed but it doesn't mean sales are important to the games themselves... obviously like with a products having a buyer is part of the process but to say you product is better because it sells more is ridiculous of course they sell more small tvs than large tvs but that doesn't make the small tv's better...
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#133 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
if something is selling more than something else, is it not beating it? i don't see what you're saying.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.kingyoto

indeed but it doesn't mean sales are important to the games themselves... obviously like with a products having a buyer is part of the process but to say you product is better because it sells more is ridiculous of course they sell more small tvs than large tvs but that doesn't make the small tv's better...

Ah but if a game doesn't sell even if its good there won't likely be a sequel made, or the company that makes it might go under, so you may not get good games in the future
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kingyoto
[QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.AvinashTyagi

Ah but if a game doesn't sell even if its good there won't likely be a sequel made, or the company that makes it might go under, so you may not get good games in the future

true but look at the low quality of some games that sell so well such as madden and 50 cent games... but some good games also sell well zelda, GeOW, GOW and so on
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts
[QUOTE="enduin"][QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.kingyoto

Sales are totally relevant in helping acquire new games and 3rd party support. With continually strong sales there is a better picture of future sales and user bases numbers showing Devs/Publishers that it is a sound investment to make games for a platform. People need to understand things dont just change over night, games take years to develop. This is a business, so even though it is a dumb reason to go buy a console, it works because sales dictate support so buying a console that sells will almost ensures that it will have the software along side it. Later this year the effects of Wii's strong sales will be seen with larger amounts of games announced and more of those games with high production values.

I will NEVER buy a console just because it has the best sales... I buy a system for what games it has and what games it has coming out... this is stupid even though greater sales with bring more dev support it doen't make it a reason to buy a console imo

Thats totally fine and I agree for the most part. But it is a reason and an intelligent one too. A lot of people bring up sales because its really annoying when fanboys keep asking where are all the great games, expecting them to just pop up a couple months after the Wii's unexpected and highly successful launch. Strong support wasnt really there a year ago and so we are still getting the little amounts of half assed support that was there, but Wii took everyone by surprise and since November has had amazing sales each month and this is getting it better support and over the next 6 months and beyond we will gradually start to see this better support. Buying a Wii because of its strong sales and currently released games isnt a bad reason in any way.
tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137 tekkenlaw
Member since 2004 • 9598 Posts

Fanboys are awesome...

Last Gen, no cows cared about graphics

No sheep cared about sales

and no lemming cared about gameplay.

kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kingyoto
[QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="enduin"][QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="OGTiago"]only when the wii graphics bashing ends.enduin

Thats totally fine and I agree for the most part. But it is a reason and an intelligent one too. A lot of people bring up sales because its really annoying when fanboys keep asking where are all the great games, expecting them to just pop up a couple months after the Wii's unexpected and highly successful launch. Strong support wasnt really there a year ago and so we are still getting the little amounts of half assed support that was there, but Wii took everyone by surprise and since November has had amazing sales each month and this is getting it better support and over the next 6 months and beyond we will gradually start to see this better support. Buying a Wii because of its strong sales and currently released games isnt a bad reason in any way.

true true I was surprised by the wii success it could be truly great if it gets good games I might get one in a year or so
NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#139 NATATO
Member since 2004 • 498 Posts

I don't get why we can't use sales as something to brag about for the Wii

There is a REASON why Wii is selling better than 360 and PS3 momentarily, what do you think the reason is?

And if you say the motion sensing 'gimmick', GRAPHICS are just as much a a gimmick as motion sensing.  To me, showing a commercial for a PS3 game and showing off amazing graphics is no different than showing someone using a wii remote showing off the motion sensing. 

kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 kingyoto

Fanboys are awesome...

Last Gen, no cows cared about graphics

No sheep cared about sales

and no lemming cared about gameplay.

tekkenlaw
lol its true when each console changes each philosophy changes
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kingyoto

There is a REASON why Wii is selling better than 360 and PS3 momentarily, what do you think the reason is?

And if you say the motion sensing 'gimmick', GRAPHICS are just as much a a gimmick as motion sensing. To me, showing a commercial for a PS3 game and showing off amazing graphics is no different than showing someone using a wii remote showing off the motion sensing.

NATATO
your sig is racist
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

And if you say the motion sensing 'gimmick', GRAPHICS are just as much a a gimmick as motion sensing. To me, showing a commercial for a PS3 game and showing off amazing graphics is no different than showing someone using a wii remote showing off the motion sensing.

NATATO

A main argument for the Wii getting the gimmick rep is for the fact that the Wii-mote might not be around past this console. Graphics will always be there, therefore not a gimmick.  Graphics are an inherent part of the videogame industry.

AnimeHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 AnimeHendrix
Member since 2006 • 2595 Posts
I want more Wii games... :(
NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 NATATO
[QUOTE="NATATO"]

kingyoto

your sig is racist

lol that's been around forever dude. Racist? Towards the PS3? Unless you're joking, last time i checked PS3 fanboys isn't a race. How bout countering what I said.

NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 NATATO
After how successful the Wiis been, unless the Wii just stops selling, there is no reason why motion sensing wouldn't be in next gen consoles. 
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 kingyoto
[QUOTE="NATATO"]

MikeE21286

A main argument for the Wii getting the gimmick rep is for the fact that the Wii-mote might not be around past this console. Graphics will always be there, therefore not a gimmick. Graphics are an inherent part of the videogame industry.

i'm glad you said that cuz I had no way to explain it
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 kingyoto
[QUOTE="kingyoto"][QUOTE="NATATO"]

NATATO

your sig is racist

lol that's been around forever dude. Racist? Towards the PS3? Unless you're joking, last time i checked PS3 fanboys isn't a race. How bout countering what I said.

that sig hurts many many cows feelings i don't even get the joke
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#148 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeE21286"]Yeah, you can't really give "sales" as a reason to own a system. That's just ridiculously dumbkingyoto
true

Agreed i didn't buy a PS2 for sales i bought it for games. And with the pace sony his loseing Exlusives i don't know about getting a PS3
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Sales do mean something. They good sales mean that there are a lot of people out there who like the product. Apparently people like the 360, the Wii, and especially the DS
Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Libralesso
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

MikeE21286

However that leads the way for great new franchises being made for the Wii hopefullyÂ