Ok bi***** its october... what will AC3 score!?!?!

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22784 Posts
30 days away from what will be (from what we've seen) the newest iteration of one of the best franchises in gaming... the last overhaul gave us AC2 which was an incredible upgrade over its predecessor... and now its time to saddle up for what could be a a strong goty and maybe even game of gen contender... put your money where your hidden blade is and call out a score.... I say 9.5 with a musket ball.... the most refined, and detailed ac game yet...
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I'll go with a 9/10

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
It will get 17/2
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
Honestly, it looks like the greatest assassins creed ever made. Now with that being said, and the harsh review scores that games are tending to get this late in the gen, I will go with a 8.5 flop on gamespot, a 9.3 or whatever on IGN. I think it's gonna be hard for any game to get 9 here on gamespot this year. Maybe Halo 4 can do it but I don't know. Most things will get 8.5 here.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
8.5/10
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
8.5spot
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts

Honestly, it looks like the greatest assassins creed ever made. Now with that being said, and the harsh review scores that games are tending to get this late in the gen, I will go with a 8.5 flop on gamespot, a 9.3 or whatever on IGN. I think it's gonna be hard for any game to get 9 here on gamespot this year. Maybe Halo 4 can do it but I don't know. Most things will get 8.5 here. todd2r_Partdeux
This^ GS isnt giving any games this late in the gen a good score. Cant wait to see what the Wii U games score. Will they consider it next gen and groundbreaking therefor automatically tacking 2-3 point onto each games review? Probably. Go eff yourself GS with your hipster reviews.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

GS: 6.5/10

Everywhere else: 8.5-9/10

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9868 Posts

I'll go with a 9/10

Cheleman
I agree with the sausage lover. It will score the same as ME3, 9.0.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

no poll?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sushiglutton

depend on how much money ubisoft will pay. its yearly iteration and becoming pretty big in mainstream media.

SNIPER4321
How much do u have to pay gamespot to get a nine these days?
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
9.0, the sequel we've been waiting for since we finished AC2 :cool: (Bro and Rev are good but basically rehashed.)
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

depend on how much money ubisoft will pay. its yearly iteration and becoming pretty big in mainstream media.

SNIPER4321

Jealous your companies doesn't have enough cash to pay reviewers to get attention? :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
8.5/10campzor
That's what I'm guessing.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sushiglutton

[QUOTE="locopatho"]9.0, the sequel we've been waiting for since we finished AC2 :cool: (Bro and Rev are good but basically rehashed.)sts106mat

the phrase "rehashed" is so overused these days dude. Assassins creed 2 was a new character and better gameplay. Bro & Rev kept the character but refined and tuned the gameplay, calling them a rehash is doing them both a massive injustice.

Brotherhood featured Rome, which every man and his dog were crying for. plus the multiplayer was completely fresh and great fun to play. Revolutions gave Ezio (one of this gen most like characters) a fitting send off. It also featured a really interesting city with istanbul.

keeping the things that work well with the game and making them better isn't rehashed if you change the story and settings.

Its like me saying that every album you favourite band make is a rehash of their last album.

Revelation kept a few things too many imo though. Like gondolas, rebuilding all the shops and all the gadgets and gear. The brotherhood mechanic was also too similar. And so was the way the different factions worked. I think calling the game a rehash is ok.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

I'll go with a 9/10

Sushiglutton

I agree with the sausage giver. It will score the same as ME3, 9.0.

fixed:)

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sushiglutton

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

I'll go with a 9/10

Cheleman

I agree with the sausage giver. It will score the same as ME3, 9.0.

Sorry typo ;)
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] I agree with the sausage giver. It will score the same as ME3, 9.0.Sushiglutton

Sorry typo ;)

it better be:x

:P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEroica  Moderator
Honestly, it looks like the greatest assassins creed ever made. Now with that being said, and the harsh review scores that games are tending to get this late in the gen, I will go with a 8.5 flop on gamespot, a 9.3 or whatever on IGN. I think it's gonna be hard for any game to get 9 here on gamespot this year. Maybe Halo 4 can do it but I don't know. Most things will get 8.5 here. todd2r_Partdeux
I agree for the most part, but i cant help but to get the feeling that this game is gonna eclipse expectation.... it seems so insanely atmospheric and focused in its new design and environment. I just feel like they have their hand on the masterpiece button... but thats just my opinion.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] the phrase "rehashed" is so overused these days dude. Assassins creed 2 was a new character and better gameplay. Bro & Rev kept the character but refined and tuned the gameplay, calling them a rehash is doing them both a massive injustice.

Brotherhood featured Rome, which every man and his dog were crying for. plus the multiplayer was completely fresh and great fun to play. Revolutions gave Ezio (one of this gen most like characters) a fitting send off. It also featured a really interesting city with istanbul.

keeping the things that work well with the game and making them better isn't rehashed if you change the story and settings.

Its like me saying that every album you favourite band make is a rehash of their last album.

sts106mat
Revelation kept a few things too many imo though. Like gondolas, rebuilding all the shops and all the gadgets and gear. The brotherhood mechanic was also too similar. And so was the way the different factions worked. I think calling the game a rehash is ok.

you didn't have to do any of the rebuilding if you didn't want to though, it wasnt a major part of the gameplay, its their for completionists. again, the brotherhood mechanic being similar, doesn't mean its a rehash, why change something that works? just to p1ss people off? or so that people on forums can say "well they changed it so its not a rehash"? if it works, keep it. Again, a brand new story, nicely recreated istanbul, weird desmond sequences, additional free running method (claw) and tower defense elements, amazing tomb running sections. calling it a rehash because the gameplay is similar, is like i said doing it a major injustice IMO.

I agree that the ezio sequels are NOT rehashes... yes they are of an existing formula but the content is very different. Fully fleshed out 40 hour games plus the best mp on gaming cant be considered rehashes... that said, it is def time to move on from the amazing character ezio is.
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

8.5spotfunsohng

KevinV has AC tattoo, so I guess they'll make an exception ...

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sushiglutton
[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] the phrase "rehashed" is so overused these days dude. Assassins creed 2 was a new character and better gameplay. Bro & Rev kept the character but refined and tuned the gameplay, calling them a rehash is doing them both a massive injustice.

sts106mat

you didn't have to do any of the rebuilding if you didn't want to though, it wasnt a major part of the gameplay, its their for completionists. again, the brotherhood mechanic being similar, doesn't mean its a rehash, why change something that works? just to p1ss people off? or so that people on forums can say "well they changed it so its not a rehash"? if it works, keep it. Again, a brand new story, nicely recreated istanbul, weird desmond sequences, additional free running method (claw) and tower defense elements, amazing tomb running sections. calling it a rehash because the gameplay is similar, is like i said doing it a major injustice IMO.

I think it has to do with if you like the new additions or not and what you emphasize. I don't think the brotherhood-mechanics worked. I think they made regular gameplay too easy (as a result I rarely used them) and sending them on missions abroad was a non-fitting textbased mini-game imo. Doing all that once again wasn't cool.

You are right there were some new additions, but they were not good imo. Especially not the Desmond puzzles and Tower defense

In summary I think they kept a lot of systems that were not fun to go through a second time, while adding systems that were not fun the first time It's obv a matter of opinions, but I think the rehash epitet is suitable in this case.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

SNIPER4321

Jealous your companies doesn't have enough cash to pay reviewers to get attention? :lol:

Ubisoft havenot made anything good since SC chaos Theory. and that was Masterpiece. this is the company who dumbed down Splinter cell, rainbow six and ghost recon games. even ruined Prince of persia series. they are king of butchering franchises. Watch dogs looks like their best game since then. since 2005.

Totally disagree...ubi still has some of the best franchises in gaming. SC conviction was fantastic and GR and R6 have been as good as previous iterations. Prince of pwrsia was also solid. Ac is probably the best franchise in gaming atm and rayman origins is a legit mario killer imo. Maybe not sales, but content wise, RO is amazing.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
I'll honestly be surprised if it doesn't get AAA.
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts

[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]Honestly, it looks like the greatest assassins creed ever made. Now with that being said, and the harsh review scores that games are tending to get this late in the gen, I will go with a 8.5 flop on gamespot, a 9.3 or whatever on IGN. I think it's gonna be hard for any game to get 9 here on gamespot this year. Maybe Halo 4 can do it but I don't know. Most things will get 8.5 here. TheEroica
I agree for the most part, but i cant help but to get the feeling that this game is gonna eclipse expectation.... it seems so insanely atmospheric and focused in its new design and environment. I just feel like they have their hand on the masterpiece button... but thats just my opinion.

i agree with everything you just said. it looks amazing, no doubt. it very well could be a masterpiece and its a day 1 buy no doubt. Gamespot however, have been little bittches with reviews for awhile now, and even if it is a masterpiece on every other review site out there, gamespot will still flop it for no reason what so ever.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"] GR and R6 have been as good as previous iterationsSNIPER4321
sure. they gone from deep and complex tactical shooters to arcady cover to cover shooter and why the hell is new GR market as tactical shooter?? and SC conviction is not stealth game at all. its gone from best stealth series to lame action game.

Of course i agree that the scope of these games have changed but it doesnt take away the fact that theyre fun. I couldnt stop playing conviction for months and this coming from a day one splinter cell fan. They saturated the market with traditional sc games and it was time for a change... im cool with that. The original splinter cell gameplay will make a comeback at some point but double agent was the full saturation of that gameplay and i like that they did something a little different.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46445 Posts

just shy of a/10

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

SNIPER4321
Have you ever posted anything here other than the same regurgitated bullsh!t you always post? You make all these claims, yet you can't back up a single one. I don't put much stock in reviews myself, but I don't go around screaming conspiracy at every turn. You don't seem to do anything other than talk out of your ass and suffer from some serious superiority complex issues. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"] I agree that the ezio sequels are NOT rehashes... yes they are of an existing formula but the content is very different. Fully fleshed out 40 hour games plus the best mp on gaming cant be considered rehashes... that said, it is def time to move on from the amazing character ezio is.

Personally a big fan of AC, but I'll straight out say that Revelations isn't even close to 40 hours (single player alone, that is). I got 100% synch in like 18 hours. Revelations was the weakest entry in the series despite having the gameplay really well tuned. The story was bland and the game was short. But yeah, you can say that they're not "rehashes" considering the gameplay improvements and the beautifully crafted new city. Looking forward to AC3. Has potential to be another AC2. Will probably be 8.5'd by GS. Going to get the PC version, and hopefully it won't look crappy like the console version gameplay videos seem to suggest.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
8.5spot
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
I haven't seen TC so hyped for a game since FO:NV, and he was disappointed. :P Assuming KVO is reviewing, I think the ceiling here is 8.5.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]9.0, the sequel we've been waiting for since we finished AC2 :cool: (Bro and Rev are good but basically rehashed.)sts106mat

the phrase "rehashed" is so overused these days dude. Assassins creed 2 was a new character and better gameplay. Bro & Rev kept the character but refined and tuned the gameplay, calling them a rehash is doing them both a massive injustice.

It's not to say they are bad, but they are pretty much the same thing in different settings. The addition of multiplayer was amazing, but in single player not much happening. Text based assassin missions? Lame tower defense? Bomb making? All a bit undercooked. As someone already said, doing the whole rebuilding thing again is a bit boring. They are still great games but 3 really looks to have improved and added lots more, I'm assuming that's why it's a numbered sequel as opposed to another subtitle :) Also my favourite bands are Muse and Metallica and whatever else you say about them, they can't be accused of rehashing :P
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
Wasn't this made by the same Godteam that did AC2?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="santoron"]I haven't seen TC so hyped for a game since FO:NV, and he was disappointed. :P Assuming KVO is reviewing, I think the ceiling here is 8.5.

Hey hey hey dont bring that up! Im still recovering!!!! To be fair i played the utterly busted day one version of FO:nv haha i hear its better now. But yeah i made the hype thread and everything and new vegas was just unplayable at times... broken quests and one of the worst navigation compasses in gaming history... i was so sad.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] I agree that the ezio sequels are NOT rehashes... yes they are of an existing formula but the content is very different. Fully fleshed out 40 hour games plus the best mp on gaming cant be considered rehashes... that said, it is def time to move on from the amazing character ezio is.

Personally a big fan of AC, but I'll straight out say that Revelations isn't even close to 40 hours (single player alone, that is). I got 100% synch in like 18 hours. Revelations was the weakest entry in the series despite having the gameplay really well tuned. The story was bland and the game was short. But yeah, you can say that they're not "rehashes" considering the gameplay improvements and the beautifully crafted new city. Looking forward to AC3. Has potential to be another AC2. Will probably be 8.5'd by GS. Going to get the PC version, and hopefully it won't look crappy like the console version gameplay videos seem to suggest.

Ill agree... i finished the game last week at around 25 hours (not 100%) and with owning every shop. Still working on landmarks... i find it incredibly impressive if you completed 100% of that game in 18hrs... how?!? Storyline sure, but did you do any side stuff?
platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

9/10 confirmed.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheEroica  Moderator
Wasn't this made by the same Godteam that did AC2?freedomfreak
Indeeeed and it shall be exxxcellent!
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Wasn't this made by the same Godteam that did AC2?TheEroica
Indeeeed and it shall be exxxcellent!

Sweet. I want to say 9.0, but I can see GS giving it the umpteenth 8.5. Not that it matters though.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#49 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

AC3 looks like a GOTY contender, it's either going to be this or Black Ops 2, I just know it.

I really like the historical setting, revolutionary America has so much depth to it. I don't know how accurate it's going to be, but I'm looking forward to seeing George Washington, James Madison, Daniel Boone (considered to be the best sniper in his day), Thomas Payne etc.... I also like the open world aspect of it, hunting and fishing and more, it seems more alive.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I'll say 9.0, but I could see it getting a 9.5.