Ok bi***** its october... what will AC3 score!?!?!

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#101 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
7.5/10 :]
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#102 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Is it wrong that I think that if any game is to get a 10/10 before the end of this generation, it is this one?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Is it wrong that I think that if any game is to get a 10/10 before the end of this generation, it is this one?charizard1605
Yes. THis ain't Bioshock Infinite at all!
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
8.5/10
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#105 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Is it wrong that I think that if any game is to get a 10/10 before the end of this generation, it is this one?locopatho

We'll talk about Bioshock Infinite if/when it releases :3
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Is it wrong that I think that if any game is to get a 10/10 before the end of this generation, it is this one?charizard1605

WHEN! Gawd. Why you scare me char? :P
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Yes. THis ain't Bioshock Infinite at all!

I agree with char... this, by all accounts is shaping up to be the assassins creed experience fans have dreamed of and then some. It really just seems soooo atmospheric.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] We'll talk about Bioshock Infinite if/when it releases :3

I agree with char... this, by all accounts is shaping up to be the assassins creed experience fans have dreamed of and then some. It really just seems soooo atmospheric.

As long as it not like that terribad Revelations I couldn't stomach to finish..
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]According to an EA add: MASS EFFECT 3: NO OTHER GAME HAS PROVOKED THIS BIG OF A FAN REACTION  TheDidact
Exactly my point my good man... love it or hate it, when we think of 2012, we'll think of mass effect 3 Its the game of the year... we'll see if AC3 challenges that.

And Halo 4. Harbinger is the voice of the antagonist. :D

Sweet! Is it wrong that i love the xbox but dont own a single halo game from this gen? Never got into it.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="locopatho"] WHEN! Gawd. Why you scare me char? :P

As long as it not like that terribad Revelations I couldn't stomach to finish..

Haha... cmon bro, it really wasnt THAT bad... i enjoyed the hell out of it but it is def the weakest of the series. Ac3 should be hyped as ac1 and 2... its gonna be a new benchmark for the series...
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#111 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

depend on how much money ubisoft will pay. its yearly iteration and becoming pretty big in mainstream media.

SNIPER4321
the games change enough every year tho, so im fine with them and yearly releases.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#112 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
My guess is it'll get a 9.0
DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts
9.0. Probably higher than that most other places.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I think it going to score a 8.5 here.

Don't get me wrong. The game looks great and I feel that if I got it I would probably give it a 9 or maybe even 9.5, but this is Gamespot we're talkin about.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]

depend on how much money ubisoft will pay. its yearly iteration and becoming pretty big in mainstream media.

lightleggy

the games change enough every year tho, so im fine with them and yearly releases.

Yep. Plus this game is a pretty big change over Revelation and Brotherhood if I do say so myself.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TheEroica  Moderator

Don't get me wrong. The game looks great and I feel that if I got it I would probably give it a 9 or maybe even 9.5, but this is Gamespot we're talkin about.

GamerEye
Gamespot been rough on a few games to you? Borderlands shocked me because be every single account its a better game... how can that not be at minimum 9.0?
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
I'm feeling it'll get an 8/10. If they can revamp like AC2, then I'll be wrong. Whatever happens, I want more 'revelations' about the whole crazy plot and am tired of cliffhangers and incomplete endings.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#118 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
anything between 8.5 and 9.5
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Too complicate adding a poll?? :P

Anyway, I'm thinking 7.5-8

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#120 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

TheEroica

Gamespot been rough on a few games to you? Borderlands shocked me because be every single account its a better game... how can that not be at minimum 9.0?

Borderlands was an 8.5 game by 2009 standards. Boderlands 2 is an 8.5 game by 2012 standards. If an improved sequel were graded simply in comparison to its predecessor review scales would constantly need to increase.

Anyway, on topic: if the 8.0 Revelations got was the harshest score the series has gotten, Assassin's Creed III will probably by 8.5 or more. Unless it's somehow way worse, which I doubt.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

9.0 + GOTY to acknowledge the whole franchise.

jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

Assassin's Creed as a series has been in the 6-8 range so far.. so ill go with an 8.5 or so cause this one looks especially good.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
AAA BIACH!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#124 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
A totally unjustified 9.0
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#125 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm expecting the game to get 9.5 and take this years GOTY title. A lot of work and care went into this game, well over three years. My predictions anyway.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TheEroica  Moderator

Too complicate adding a poll?? :P

Anyway, I'm thinking 7.5-8

GreenGoblin2099
Theeroica does not believe in polls... theeroica believes in conversation... especially with you gobs...
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TheEroica  Moderator

Assassin's Creed as a series has been in the 6-8 range so far.. so ill go with an 8.5 or so cause this one looks especially good.

jimmyrussle117
Um... if ac is a 6-8 what the hell is a 9? A game that is ten years away from being developed?
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

AC2 brought many improvements and great new things over AC1, and it scored a 9.0...

Ubi is making the same promises with AC3, so if they deliver on them and make a signifficant jump from AC2 + "expansions" (which they most likely will, judging from all the trailers), it's a safe 9.0...

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Game spot

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

9 lets hope they don"t mass effect the ending though, thats my only real concern

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#131 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

UGh. I can't remember the last time I had such mixed feelings about a game.It looks great but the marketing of the game has put me off so much that I can't muster up any enthusiasm to play it. I think I'll wait for a sale. I feel the same about Dishonored, but for some reason I REALLY want to play it when it comes out. I guess it's that new IP smell.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Rocker6

UGh. I can't remember the last time I had such mixed feelings about a game.It looks great but the marketing of the game has put me off so much that I can't muster up any enthusiasm to play it. I think I'll wait for a sale. I feel the same about Dishonored, but for some reason I REALLY want to play it when it comes out. I guess it's that new IP smell.

heretrix

Why, what's the problem?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Rocker6

Why, what's the problem?

6 different versions with no version having all of the content.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

heretrix

Why, what's the problem?

Haven't heard of that in the AC3, got a link?

Want to see for myself how bad it is!

Hate it when pubs pull it off, if it's bad enough, might as well wait for a sale too! :(

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] I just read that and the re-read it and ive come to the conclusion that you have most likely never played an assassins creed game or you just straight up have gotten your info wrong... does anything about ac3 seem like a rehash? Maybe the white hood... but thats where it ends.TheEroica

you climb sh!t, and sneak around and kill people uususally from above or in 1v1 combat even though you are surrounded by like 6 guys. Its fun but, this thing where GS gives games lke Cod and AC high scores and dock others for lack of new mechanics is getting old.

If we're reducing genres and games to the lowest common denominator then Halo and Killzone are "point and shoot. Repeat for several hours." My point is that theres more substance to those games than just climb shiit. As far as reviews? I think theres alot of shaddy shiit in reviews.

Yeah and I haven't throughly enjoyed a Halo or a Killzone yet.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Why, what's the problem?

Rocker6

Hate it when pubs pull it off, if it's bad enough, might as well wait for a sale too! :(

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/18/just-release-assassins-creed-not-six-different-versions/

It's getting out of hand.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]6 different versions with no version having all of the content.

heretrix

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/18/just-release-assassins-creed-not-six-different-versions/

Fvck! :evil:

Thanks for the info, this is definitely putting me off from day 1, think it's safe to say, no AC3 for me this year!

When it comes to games, what's worse than buying a new game, and already missing out on a part of it? :(

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#138 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]6 different versions with no version having all of the content.

Yeah I am tempted to just wait for the GOTY edition (or whatever they choose to call it this time). Not because of the money, but because it's such a chore to piece together all the different side missions and other extra content.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Yeah I am tempted to just wait for the GOTY edition (or whatever they choose to call it this time). Not because of the money, but because it's such a chore to piece together all the different side missions and other extra content.

I agree with all of the above, but where i stop caring is when i think about how of all the games ive bought this gen, i cant name one where the preorder perks actually added all that much to the gameplay. I can see where the frustration lies but when push comes to shove it never seems to be all that important.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] you climb sh!t, and sneak around and kill people uususally from above or in 1v1 combat even though you are surrounded by like 6 guys. Its fun but, this thing where GS gives games lke Cod and AC high scores and dock others for lack of new mechanics is getting old.

Jonwh18

If we're reducing genres and games to the lowest common denominator then Halo and Killzone are "point and shoot. Repeat for several hours." My point is that theres more substance to those games than just climb shiit. As far as reviews? I think theres alot of shaddy shiit in reviews.

Yeah and I haven't throughly enjoyed a Halo or a Killzone yet.

To be honest, neither have i
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="heretrix"]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/18/just-release-assassins-creed-not-six-different-versions/

TheEroica

I agree with all of the above, but where i stop caring is when i think about how of all the games ive bought this gen, i cant name one where the preorder perks actually added all that much to the gameplay. I can see where the frustration lies but when push comes to shove it never seems to be all that important.

It's true, many times these pre-order and special edition bonuses add very little to the overall experience, but then again, how often do you see three missions locked out to those who wish to purchase a regular game copy, such as myself?

This time, I'd say Ubisoft crossed the line. Think I'll be waiting either for a "GOTY" edition, or for a solid discount...

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 heretrix

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="heretrix"]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/18/just-release-assassins-creed-not-six-different-versions/

TheEroica

Yeah, I agree that all of it amounts to little, but I'm just put off by the stupidity of it all. Why in the hell would you allow these freaking retailers divide your customer base like that? I think retailer based DLC is one of the worst things to happen to gaming this entire gen. I missed the days when you would get an actual physical item when you pre-ordered something. I'm not going to say that any of this SHOULD be in the game for free, but it's really annoying to see games marketed like that. It bothers me more than it should for some reason.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Rocker6

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] Yeah I am tempted to just wait for the GOTY edition (or whatever they choose to call it this time). Not because of the money, but because it's such a chore to piece together all the different side missions and other extra content. heretrix

Yeah, I agree that all of it amounts to little, but I'm just put off by the stupidity of it all. Why in the hell would you allow these freaking retailers divide your customer base like that? I think retailer based DLC is one of the worst things to happen to gaming this entire gen. I missed the days when you would get an actual physical item when you pre-ordered something. I'm not going to say that any of this SHOULD be in the game for free, but it's really annoying to see games marketed like that. It bothers me more than it should for some reason.

And the thing that makes it even worse is the fact how most of these stores don't have a strong international presence, which means plenty of people such as myself have no way to get this content, even if we wanted to...

Yeah, retailer based DLC sucks... a lot!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] Yeah I am tempted to just wait for the GOTY edition (or whatever they choose to call it this time). Not because of the money, but because it's such a chore to piece together all the different side missions and other extra content. heretrix

I agree with every word. Despite not knowing the ultimate quality of the extra content, the division of the full package is garbage Truthfully ive had it preordered at gamestop for the better part of a year and i did it to avoid the dilema of choosing. I rarely preorder.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#145 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

AA

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points