Official 2008 PS3 vs. 360 game lineup comparison/discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

MGS4 is a ridiculous piece of fluff that's entertaining for a few hours then sits on your shelf or clogs up used bins.

But achievements would really help the longevity. :twisted:

Let me break down the "big" PS3 titles:

FFXIII: wow will it have summon spells? :?

Gran Turismo 5: bumper cars FTL

I already covered MGS4.

Killzone2: design philosophy=let's take everything fun about FPS and get rid of it then say we are hardcore

White Knight Story: vaporware since last GDC who knows what's happening with this one? team making it gets a lot of hype but their games tend to become major grinds quickly and their storytelling skills are mundane

Why are cows getting excited about these games?

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

MGS4 is a ridiculous piece of fluff that's entertaining for a few hours then sits on your shelf or clogs up used bins.

I already covered MGS4.

Killzone2: design philosophy=let's take everything fun about FPS and get rid of it then say we are hardcore

White Knight Story: vaporware since last GDC who knows what's happening with this one? team making it gets a lot of hype but their games tend to become major grinds quickly and their storytelling skills are mundane

JiveT

lol. Pretty clear the PS3 is not for you if you genuinely aren't interested in any of those titles.

MGSIV will not be a few hours of entertainment and then get thrown on the shelf. I've played the past entries like 4 times each! They're awesome and MGSIV looks to be the best one, and the online component will increase longevity.

FFXIII: Yeah, it does have summons. And it's FF. The main series is great. This one looks incredible.

GT5: Bumper cars...? That's an odd way to attack the game. It's a good racer imo. Not paying full price for it, but GT has always been fun.

KZ: Looks great. Could be great. Not gonna get too hyped yet.

WKS: Coming from great devs so it's probably going to be an impressive RPG.

numba1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 numba1234
Member since 2007 • 3561 Posts
GT5 has damage, bumper cars ftw.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

JiveT

MGS4 would not need a universal point system to inflate its replay value. do you remeber the days when people replayed games for fun? I know it may be tough to grasp, but people were autonomous enough to challenge themselves and play deeper into certain games on their own. they didn't have to follow a checklist to enjoy the game or get their money's worth out of it. I am not bashing acheivements, mind you. acheivements are nice, but that doesn't mean that not having acheivements is a negative.

Metal Gear Solid is pure fun onits own merits. unlockables, secrets, easter eggs, dog tag collecting, ranking systems, alternate encounters, ect. MGS has all that covered.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts
[QUOTE="saolin323"]

Indeed, Fable 2 will not be a small level, static, linear, non dynamic, without day/night/seaosn changes, with no use for the surroundings other than visual presentation, no NPC's AI, with turn based cofined combat

Of course Fable 2 will be nothing like FF13, Fable 2 is next gen in every damn way, FF13 is the same old stuff with better graphics, and hope it does not use FF12 fight system, because that would bring it a step BACK from older FF titles

Slashkice

So I take it you're not buying Lost Odyssey, then?

You take it wrong, i will buy both LO and FF13 and will absolutly LOVE them, for what they are, which is vastly less next gen looking and without free next gen gameplay of Fable 2, but still amazing, just nothing like Fable 2

Or to put it simply, i will have a break playing Fable 2 with those titles, and then get back to Fable 2, since you can't possibly replay such games, but i can play Fable 2 forever, with al;l the stuff going for it, since is is mostly about gameplay,and not cinematic experience as FF titles

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

JiveT

MGS4 doesn't need achievements to be replayable like most 360 games. :D

Fanboyism aside, is anyone looking forward to Infamous and multiplats such as Borderlands, Far Cry 2, and Sabetor?

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 saolin323
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

leviathan91

MGS4 doesn't need achievements to be replayable like most 360 games. :D

Fanboyism aside, is anyone looking forward to Infamous and multiplats such as Borderlands, Far Cry 2, and Sabetor?

They say Infamous is an adventure, so IF it is then i am interested

But the thing is is looks to be ANOTHER GTA clone so far, and Drake was marketed as adventure, but had exactly 5% adventure elements, if that, so i will hold back on that one, generallyi HATE GTA like games with huge cities

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

why do you have gta games? they are so free and open and you can replay them forever and theyre so next gen over 1000x times better graphics than oblivion and the npc's are so lifelike i could play gta forever and only take breaks playing other games because gta has the most next gen all other games have less next gen which means that they are so much worse than gta which has so many options and open world action its going to be so good.

^^thats you on fables nuts^^

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 saolin323

why do you have gta games? they are so free and open and you can replay them forever and theyre so next gen over 1000x times better graphics than oblivion and the npc's are so lifelike i could play gta forever and only take breaks playing other games because gta has the most next gen all other games have less next gen which means that they are so much worse than gta which has so many options and open world action its going to be so good.

p2rus

GTA ? Thats is no RPG, that is a crap for me game that you do some totally boring missions around a huge generic boring town

Even the generic Oblivion was 10000x times less generic than these garbage games IMO

And did you see GTA4 graphics, some of the worst graphics this gen, Fable 2 ones are some of the best, and by trillion of miles the best on consoles IMO

_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts
Hey cows, you know the 360 will get some huge sequels announced this year? (Forza 3, PGR 5, Mass Effect 2, GEoW 2, maybe another Dead Rising game, a new Bungie game)
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 JiveT
Hmm I enjoy all kinds of games and sandbox might be my favorite. They probably don't light up my brain much but they are relaxing and a good way to listen to new CD's while having some mindless fun.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 p2rus
[QUOTE="p2rus"]

saolin323

GTA ? Thats is no RPG, that is a crap for me game that you do some totally boring missions around a huge generic boring town

Even the generic Oblivion was 10000x times less generic than these garbage games IMO

And did you see GTA4 graphics, some of the worst graphics this gen, Fable 2 ones are some of the best, and by trillion of miles the best on consoles IMO

exatcly what i mean. you like rpg's...but you view every game besides fable as generic and last gen. you like the open world aspect of fable but if gta does it with no load time at all in the game you critisize it for being generic and having bad graphics. then you toss around absurd numbers such as "100x times better" "1000x times better graphics" and "1000x times less generic". no joke those are all direct quotes of yours as you disucss how oblivion has 2-d trees and last gen gameplay, along with final fantasy. if you really enjoy open world games and despise the artistic okami, ff, and many great games, then i pity you.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

Hey cows, you know the 360 will get some huge sequels announced this year? (Forza 3, PGR 5, Mass Effect 2, GEoW 2, maybe another Dead Rising game, a new Bungie game)_KenKittyragi_

what does it matter if they are announed? this is about the release lineup.

symrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 symrun
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

PS3 Owns 2008

Insomniac are working on Resistance 2 to be released

MGS4 Will Rule

And most games are cross platform now, so i doesnt really matter

and final fantasy is way cooler than mass effect

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#115 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts

here's the 360's lineup. dominates the ps3's.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223922

shoeman12
Yep. The folks at neogaf are very dedicated about stuff like this. I saw this list many times, and there's always something new there that I missed before.
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#116 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
since iNFAMOUS and LittleBigPlanet is 08, I give the edge to PS3. Nice to see it have a winning year though.
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts

[QUOTE="_KenKittyragi_"]Hey cows, you know the 360 will get some huge sequels announced this year? (Forza 3, PGR 5, Mass Effect 2, GEoW 2, maybe another Dead Rising game, a new Bungie game)Mordred19

what does it matter if they are announed? this is about the release lineup.

Honestly, I am sick of sequals, I am looking forward to new IPs the most. The only sequals I am looking forward to is Banjo-Kazooie and Killzone 2 due to time span.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 saolin323
[QUOTE="saolin323"][QUOTE="p2rus"]

p2rus

exatcly what i mean. you like rpg's...but you view every game besides fable as generic and last gen. you like the open world aspect of fable but if gta does it with no load time at all in the game you critisize it for being generic and having bad graphics. then you toss around absurd numbers such as "100x times better" "1000x times better graphics" and "1000x times less generic". no joke those are all direct quotes of yours as you disucss how oblivion has 2-d trees and last gen gameplay, along with final fantasy. if you really enjoy open world games and despise the artistic okami, ff, and many great games, then i pity you.

HAHAH you got it all wrong, Fable 2 PERFECT for me exactly because it combines art i LOVE first, then stunning graphics like i have never seen befroe in a cosnole game and last but not least a NON generci world like Oblvion, since each new area has UNIQUE things, and stuff to do and see, it is not full of pointless empty of enemies and anything forests like Oblivion

So, Fable 2 combines for me the best art, graphics, AI, open BUT NOT GENERIC world, unique like JRPG's art for each new area, most things to do in a RPG ever, like getmarried, have kids, dog, castles, has a fully dynamic world, with day/night changes, weather and seasons

GTA4 looks like a JOKE IMO comparing to both the world, freedom and detail of Fable 2, it is nothing comparing as i see it, and inferior in both gameplay features, and art/world design by MILES

BTW i LOVED FF games, and i love good art, like FF and zelda had, that is EXACTLY why i love Fable 2 so much,it has the best art i have seen in a video game for my tastes at least, and combine it with the best graphics i have seen too

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 p2rus

so you fault oblivion for being too generic? and then you hype features such as marriage and having kids? if you want that sort of game i suggest the sims. of course it would have to have 1000x times better more next gen graphics in order to be as good.

and FF...you bash this game constantly, all you say is how last gen and ugly its graphics are and how its a really bad game etc etc. if anything id be worried about fable 2's gameplay and its one button attack system.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 JiveT
Fable's art style is pretty stock "fairy tale book" look. For me the selling point in the series is the choices and consequences aspect of the gameplay.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

360's lineup is better coz of splinter cell conviction

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 saolin323

so you fault oblivion for being too generic? and then you hype features such as marriage and having kids? if you want that sort of game i suggest the sims. of course it would have to have 1000x times better more next gen graphics in order to be as good.

and FF...you bash this game constantly, all you say is how last gen and ugly its graphics are and how its a really bad game etc etc. if anything id be worried about fable 2's gameplay and its one button attack system.

p2rus

I bash what exactly ? I just see FF games as the usual confined linear affair, but i NEVER bashed, i love those games, and FF13 is one of my most wnated titles this gen

You are just confused, saying i like Fable 2 vastly more than FF13, because i like better .. well ..everything, does NOT mean i bash FF13, and if i say FF12 had a crap battle system for me, does not mean i imply FF13 will be same for sure etc

So, i did not bash anything, tell me exactly what i wrote, and we can talk about it if you like

All i said is that it is stupid to advertise FF13 as the best coming RPG, as many people here do, it does not seem to be anything above amazing for this gen, like Fable 2 is that trie so VASTLY new things, FF13 will be just an amazing game, a must buy, but nothing like Fable 2 IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-59603ff9b9423
deactivated-59603ff9b9423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-59603ff9b9423
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts
[QUOTE="numba1234"]

Ruin the enjoyment out of system wars? What can I make that isn't sticky? I'll party here, and state how awesome mlb 08 the show looks. Best animations ever.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14223575/vid_2270825.html

And then state how LBP alone makes any console the greatest console ever.

JiveT

Because pushing junk around with a sock puppet is what everyone has been waiting for all their lives :roll:

Because cutting off heads in Ninja Gaiden 2 is what everyone has been waiting for all their lives. :roll:

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 JiveT
Cutting heads off is most important but I think cutting legs off will be the most entertaining. How many PS3 games will let you cut off a werewolves leg with a scythe in Venice? Yeah...none. :|
Avatar image for deactivated-59603ff9b9423
deactivated-59603ff9b9423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-59603ff9b9423
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts

Cutting heads off is most important but I think cutting legs off will be the most entertaining. How many PS3 games will let you cut off a werewolves leg with a scythe in Venice? Yeah...none. :|JiveT

Kinda going off-topic aren't we?

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#126 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

GTA4 looks like a JOKE IMO comparing to both the world, freedom and detail of Fable 2, it is nothing comparing as i see it, and inferior in both gameplay features, and art/world design by MILESsaolin323

My anticipation list for 2008 is GTA #1 and Fable 2 #2 so I think both will be outstanding. However, you are not giving GTA enough credit, I do not see a way Fable 2 will be better than it in even one way. Save for maybe the graphics which I do not consider important enough to mention.

GTA's gameplay, characters, and world has been completely next-gen-inized.

I've beaten Fable TLC about 8 or 9 times, I'm up to date on Fable 2, largely because of the Fable 2 Blog you are carrying in your sig (If you wrote that then thank you, thank you very much:) )

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#127 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"][QUOTE="numba1234"]

Ruin the enjoyment out of system wars? What can I make that isn't sticky? I'll party here, and state how awesome mlb 08 the show looks. Best animations ever.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14223575/vid_2270825.html

And then state how LBP alone makes any console the greatest console ever.

PS3Compass

Because pushing junk around with a sock puppet is what everyone has been waiting for all their lives :roll:

Because cutting off heads in Ninja Gaiden 2 is what everyone has been waiting for all their lives. :roll:

A lot of people have been waiting for that one, actually.
mdawg9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mdawg9
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

I already covered MGS4.

JiveT

you gotta love this lemming

mdawg9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mdawg9
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

PS3 Owns 2008

Insomniac are working on Resistance 2 to be released

MGS4 Will Rule

And most games are cross platform now, so i doesnt really matter

and final fantasy is way cooler than mass effect

symrun

i agree

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 leviathan91

Hey cows, you know the 360 will get some huge sequels announced this year? (Forza 3, PGR 5, Mass Effect 2, GEoW 2, maybe another Dead Rising game, a new Bungie game)_KenKittyragi_

And it'll be on the Xbox 720 this year!

But seriously, NONE of those titles have been confirmed for a 2008 release date yet. Gears does have a chance and so does Dead Rising but the rest won't come out in 2009 or later.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
2008 will be a great year for gamers.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

360 won for games last year. I reckon it will be PS3 for this year. For me, there are more games coming to the PS3 which I'm confident will be great and some others with potential. For the 360, I'm really confident about Fable 2, plus there's others with potential.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Ok people, let's settle this:

which lineup is better or not is just arguable... every lineup, every year, even in 2007 they were.

But if we focus on the real world: PS3's lineup is just world-widely better well-known, with proven franchises that made the PS2 (and PS1) sell all that much.

Also... 360, even with it's golden 2007 lineup did sell 18% less than it did the other year.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
does anyone actually think 360 lineup is better? i mean i know it's decent but it's has nothing compared PS3 kinda like 07 in reverse where 360 used to have all teh great games while PS3 was decent
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 JiveT

does anyone actually think 360 lineup is better? i mean i know it's decent but it's has nothing compared PS3 kinda like 07 in reverse where 360 used to have all teh great games while PS3 was decentRagashahs

Actually the only truly compelling game for the PS3 is The Agency and that's coming out for PC as well.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 saolin323

does anyone actually think 360 lineup is better? i mean i know it's decent but it's has nothing compared PS3 kinda like 07 in reverse where 360 used to have all teh great games while PS3 was decentRagashahs

Is that a joke ? Yes, i think that Fable 2 alone is better than all those shooters and racer PS3 gets in 2008 COMBINED, then if you consider it gets Alan Wake too PS3 lineup seems like one of the worst i have seen yet in any system in any year

PS3 in 2008 has only 2 games i would ever buy, and they are not LBP, Haze, Killzone 2, GT5, those are totally indifferent to me

I may only buy Resistance 2 and MGS4, so how ON EARTH are those two games, better than:

Fable 2, Alan Wake, Project Offset, Cry On, Infinite Unsdiocvery, Lost oDyssey, Elveon, Precursors, Sacred 2, Too Human, Banjo, Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 2, Sabotage etc etc

[QUOTE="saolin323"]GTA4 looks like a JOKE IMO comparing to both the world, freedom and detail of Fable 2, it is nothing comparing as i see it, and inferior in both gameplay features, and art/world design by MILESBansheesdie

My anticipation list for 2008 is GTA #1 and Fable 2 #2 so I think both will be outstanding. However, you are not giving GTA enough credit, I do not see a way Fable 2 will be better than it in even one way. Save for maybe the graphics which I do not consider important enough to mention.

GTA's gameplay, characters, and world has been completely next-gen-inized.

I've beaten Fable TLC about 8 or 9 times, I'm up to date on Fable 2, largely because of the Fable 2 Blog you are carrying in your sig (If you wrote that then thank you, thank you very much:) )

I do not give GTA credit because

1. I hate endless modern cities, i like villages and forests myself or medieval castled cities like Fable 2

2. I hate its gameplay, it is pointless to me, just spread havok, and do some boring all same missions

If you know something more on the above, enlighten me, i could be wrong, but GTA have always been VERY boring and meaningless games to me

Here are the ways Fable 2 is better

- meaningfull world, connected by a story, a villain, quests etc

- amazig setting, medieval and fairy tale combination, with huge catsled cities, vast forests and free roaming fields and hills

- you can influence how cities are formed, if you go to a village and kill everyone, it will not grow into a big city later in the game

- can have family, kids

- have a dog AI companion, showing the hidden paths, and helping in battle

- have a good/evil and poor/rich class of character to persue

- can buy the whole city, and its near castle, get new stuff for them, rent them, run shops you buy, get quests from them, become king, mayor etc

- can swim now, unlike Fable 1, and there is a point to swim, unlike GTA

- there is a SPECTACULAR fluid battle system with amazing magic effects, some of the best i have seen personally, and this battle system now uses fully the environment around you to adjust your fighting moves, and let you execute special ones

- it has monsters, some of the coolest monsters actually, all you see in GTA are ordinary people, underwhelming really

- It has full day/night changes, dynamic weather systems, seasons are changing, shadows move and stretch over houses and trees

- Has some of the best next gen trees around, each leaf casts a shadow on itself, other leaves, the trunk and the ground, so trees do not look flat like say Oblvion fake lit trees, Fable 2 trees are lit in a next gen way

- a proper skills system, for each class, or mixed class, like fighter skills, mage skills etc to choose from, and upgrading of the charatcer, leveling up etc

- has riddles, mostly in the form of demon doors

- has NPC's you can talk to, that fear you if evil, cheerfor you if heroic, gather to see the trophies you have gathered, and feel alive, rather than generic pedestrians going around in GTA

- You can get in ALL houses, and buy them, they are not just painted walls, without inside stuff like in GTA

- Variety, GTA variety is zero, more buildings around you, maybe with slight differences, not appealing to me, Fable 2 will have a stunning setting, where every new place will have new art, amaazing new stuff to see, secrets, no contest there, in GTA you are bored seing the same stuff over and over after just a few hours of play

- You can trade, buy/sell stuff, affect ecnomy, open trade roads killing bandits etc

- You can customize your hero, with tattos, scars from battle, amazing armor sets, new stunnign weapons, new expressions etc

And there are STILL stuff about the game we have idea of, as you see, GTA comparing looks like pacman IMO

peacenutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 peacenutman
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts

Is that a joke ? Yes, i think that Fable 2 alone is better than all those shooters and racer PS3 gets in 2008 COMBINED, then if you consider it gets Alan Wake too PS3 lineup seems like one of the worst i have seen yet in any system in any year

PS3 in 2008 has only 2 games i would ever buy, and they are not LBP, Haze, Killzone 2, GT5, those are totally indifferent to me

I may only buy Resistance 2 and MGS4, so how ON EARTH are those two games, better than:

Fable 2, Alan Wake, Project Offset, Cry On, Infinite Unsdiocvery, Lost oDyssey, Elveon, Precursors, Sacred 2, Too Human, Banjo, Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 2, Sabotage etc etc

saolin323

That's pure personal preference. I could say the same, I only would buy NG2 because I hate RPGs so any bioware game, Lost Odyssey, Sacred 2, and Fable 2 I couldn't care less. And there isn't much infos about Alan Wake other than it's technically impressive.

But for PS3, I would get KZ2, Resis 2, MGS4, Haze, Tekken 6, and hopefully maybe PS3 Crysis if it makes to 2008.

So, IMO, PS3 has better lineup launch in 2008.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragashahs"]does anyone actually think 360 lineup is better? i mean i know it's decent but it's has nothing compared PS3 kinda like 07 in reverse where 360 used to have all teh great games while PS3 was decentJiveT

Actually the only truly compelling game for the PS3 is The Agency and that's coming out for PC as well.

i'm talking about taking personal preferance out. i'm just talking about the quallity titles exclusive to PS3 not the ones that appeal to any one individual thats why i say PS3's lineup is better.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 saolin323

[QUOTE="saolin323"]

peacenutman

That's pure personal preference. I could say the same, I only would buy NG2 because I hate RPGs so any bioware game, Lost Odyssey, Sacred 2, and Fable 2 I couldn't care less. And there isn't much infos about Alan Wake other than it's technically impressive.

But for PS3, I would get KZ2, Resis 2, MGS4, Haze, Tekken 6, and hopefully maybe PS3 Crysis if it makes to 2008.

So, IMO, PS3 has better lineup launch in 2008.

Yes, it is all personal opinion in the ned, i agree to that, and never said otherwise

BTW there is no such thing as PS3 Crysis

steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts
If we have learnt anything from this generation, it's that you can never predict what will happen. Each line-up has an equal chance to dominate in 2008, we'll just have to wait to see which one will come out on top. Of course, fanboys will try to push their opinions onto other people in the meantime.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

If we have learnt anything from this generation, it's that you can never predict what will happen. Each line-up has an equal chance to dominate in 2008, we'll just have to wait to see which one will come out on top. Of course, fanboys will try to push their opinions onto other people in the meantime.steve17989

Absolutely!

There will be delays

There will be flops

There will be yet to be announced games released

There will be surprise hits

Last year people were thinking Metal Gear, Too Human, Smash Bros Brawl, White Knight, FFXIII, GTA4, Killzone 2 and LBP were comming out. And that Lair and Blue Dragon were going to be amazing.

We didnt expect COD4 (in its eventual form) or Rock Band.

This year will likely have just as many ups and downs.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#143 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Im willing to bet Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy 13, ALan Wake, Project OFfset, Project Origin, and Definantly Gears of War 2 dont make it this year.

I think the PS3s big exclusives will be MGS 4, Tekken 6, LBP, Resistance 2, Killzone 2(still 50/50 on this one though), Infamous, Socom confrontation, Motorstorm 2, WHite Knight Chronicles

360 will probably bank on Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Odyssey, Too Human, Halo Wars, Infinite Undiscoverey, Fable 2, Banjo 3(its making it dang it), and Splinter Cell Conviction(a PC/360 exclusive).

So it should be fun to watch.

I think PS3 has got the goods though during the second half run. Most of the stuff listed will probably be Q3 and after.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 leviathan91

[QUOTE="steve17989"]If we have learnt anything from this generation, it's that you can never predict what will happen. Each line-up has an equal chance to dominate in 2008, we'll just have to wait to see which one will come out on top. Of course, fanboys will try to push their opinions onto other people in the meantime.cakeorrdeath

Absolutely!

There will be delays

There will be flops

There will be yet to be announced games released

There will be surprise hits

Last year people were thinking Metal Gear, Too Human, Smash Bros Brawl, White Knight, FFXIII, GTA4, Killzone 2 and LBP were comming out. And that Lair and Blue Dragon were going to be amazing.

We didnt expect COD4 (in its eventual form) or Rock Band.

This year will likely have just as many ups and downs.

But since we have no idea what the future holds for all consoles, the best way is to assume that each and every title will have a chance to come out in 2008.

Also, you forgot Splinter Cell: Conviction. ;)

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#145 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
I do not give GTA credit because

1. I hate endless modern cities, i like villages and forests myself or medieval castled cities like Fable 2

2. I hate its gameplay, it is pointless to me, just spread havok, and do some boring all same missions

If you know something more on the above, enlighten me, i could be wrong, but GTA have always been VERY boring and meaningless games to mesaolin323

GTA is being re-written. Gameplay is not the gameplay of old. And you seem more like those couple of people who just don't like GTA because of its formula. I love GTA because of everything, it is freedom in its purest form.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/news.html?sid=6175585&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;3
That shows off mission layout and gameplay. Your missions are based along a 24 hour wheel, so to speak. If you miss the train to a certain area then you could miss your oppurtunity to complete the mission and then have to rely on another way to complete the mission, if it can be completed at all. Gameplay is more like Gears of War and Rainbow Six than GTA, you take cover, blindfire or pop up and aim and shoot. You can dive from or to cover,

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/news.html?sid=6185020&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1
That is more missions, how you can move from mission to mission and factors that affect Niko himself. Say you have a couple of beers before the mission, you could become drunk and disoriented.

Then there are more things in GTA IV. Such as more realistic vehicle jacking, you have to break the glass than hot wire the car. If you are running from the police this will be very troublesome, but it adds to the realism and hectic nature that would undoubtably result from being chased by the police.

That is only a few.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Im willing to bet Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy 13, ALan Wake, Project OFfset, Project Origin, and Definantly Gears of War 2 dont make it this year.

I think the PS3s big exclusives will be MGS 4, Tekken 6, LBP, Resistance 2, Killzone 2(still 50/50 on this one though), Infamous, Socom confrontation, Motorstorm 2, WHite Knight Chronicles

360 will probably bank on Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Odyssey, Too Human, Halo Wars, Infinite Undiscoverey, Fable 2, Banjo 3(its making it dang it), and Splinter Cell Conviction(a PC/360 exclusive).

I think PS3 has got the goods though during the second half run. Most of the stuff listed will probably be Q3 and after.jg4xchamp

I agree with most of that but I think that GT 5 P will definatly make it this year seeing as how its already available in Japan and I dont really see Banjo 3 and Fable 2 making it in 08. We have seen pretty much nothing on either of these.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#147 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Im willing to bet Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy 13, ALan Wake, Project OFfset, Project Origin, and Definantly Gears of War 2 dont make it this year.

I think PS3 has got the goods though during the second half run. Most of the stuff listed will probably be Q3 and after.Javy03

I agree with most of that but I think that GT 5 P will definatly make it this year seeing as how its already available in Japan and I dont really see Banjo 3 and Fable 2 making it in 08. We have seen pretty much nothing on either of these.

I think Banjo 3 will make it cause. Well its Rare. They tend to be hush, hush until a big show to show the game, and then oh its coming later this year....

SO i see that happening.

Fable 2 with all the blogs, and all the dev diaries they keep sending, i definantly think its a holiday 08 game for the 360 this year.

I think Fale 2 will be the game they market alot this year.

GT 5 prologue will make it, im talking about the full final game wont make it. GT 5 he full game will be 09.
karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
360 wins.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 saolin323

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Im willing to bet Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy 13, ALan Wake, Project OFfset, Project Origin, and Definantly Gears of War 2 dont make it this year.

I think PS3 has got the goods though during the second half run. Most of the stuff listed will probably be Q3 and after.Javy03

Fable 2 is coming this year alrgiht, they have shown more than ANY other game, more than Too Human AND Ninja Gaiden 2, FAR more than Haze, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 too

White Knight will only come to japan in 2008 though, no chance for a US release this year, and FF13 is late 009 probably, that game we have seen NOTHING off in game

Totally agre about Banjo, probably will slip, same for Gears 2 and maybe Project Offset and Cry On

symrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 symrun
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

With

Resistance 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Little Big Planet