Now, THIS, my fellow console fanboys is playing an FPS with mouse and keyboard

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

This

and

especially this

Enjoy.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
What does this prove? Halo CE montages are just as impressive.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Are we running wireless KB/M through Bluetooth here, or are there wires involved?
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
I get the following message: 'The video you have requested is not available. If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process'
Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts
man, lol get over it, if games are fun they are fun, i can't believe hremits and lems fight over whether kb/m or gamepad is better.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IgGy621985
[QUOTE="PikaPichu"]I get the following message: 'The video you have requested is not available. If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process'

Yeah, I had the same message several times today. Youtube seems to be bugged.

Edit:

It works now.

Anyway, yeah, it's all about phun, but, whattahell, this is system wars, 'aint it:-P
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles.  Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles.  Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.csliney
You, my friend, miss the point of gaming entirely. And just for the record, they are equal in my book.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
I finished COD 2 on veteran both on PC and X360 and couldn't see any differencies.

You phailed
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spartan070
I won't bother with my 56k but I assure you I would not be impressed. Gameplay videos of someones L33tizm = not much imo.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IgGy621985
Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles. Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.csliney

Well, there was a debate on system wars about could gamepad guys beat k/b & mouse guys, so this is my official response - not in current realm.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Yeah, but are they using KB/M over the WIRELESS waves, or are there more cables running to the console?
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
I finished COD 2 on veteran both on PC and X360 and couldn't see any differencies.

You phailed
dimar19

I refuse to even touch CoD on consoles. CoD isn't a game where you need to hit someone four times with a battle rifle to kill them. In Halo if you snuck up behind four guys you can't kill them with one machine gun clip in CoD you can. You are not gonna kill four guys before they can turn around and shoot you with a controller.

Playing CoD 2 on 360 was like controlling a tank.
mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts
Controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mouse/keyboard. Fact.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts

I refuse to even touch CoD on consoles. CoD isn't a game where you need to hit someone four times with a battle rifle to kill them. In Halo if you snuck up behind four guys you can't kill them with one machine gun clip in CoD you can. You are not gonna kill four guys before they can turn around and shoot you with a controller.

Playing CoD 2 on 360 was like controlling a tank.
Blackbond

Try to get some skills first. I prefer to play FPS with pad
donut349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 donut349
Member since 2003 • 3951 Posts
[QUOTE="csliney"]Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles. Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.Spartan070
You, my friend, miss the point of gaming entirely. And just for the record, they are equal in my book.

I completely agree, I can whoop anyones ass if I were to use a gamepad and someone used a kb/m and I'm just as good with a kb/m...
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

[QUOTE="csliney"]Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles.  Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.Spartan070

How exactaly do I miss the point of gaming? what a stupid and pointless response to my opinion, please tell me the point in gaming before I quit because Im worried Im doing everything for the wrong reasons....

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
Controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mouse/keyboard. Fact.mr_pops238

link?
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
I cant stand these pc fanboys winging. Using a controller is so much fun its awesome. And btw those videos dont work
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trix5817
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="csliney"]Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles. Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.donut349

I completely agree, I can whoop anyones ass if I were to use a gamepad and someone used a kb/m and I'm just as good with a kb/m...

Ummmm.....no, no you wouldn't. An experianced KB/M user will almost always beat a controller user. It's not opinion, it's fact. Even GS thinks so, so please, stop this crap. Which one you like more is totally your opinion.
Avatar image for DemonX_portugal
DemonX_portugal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#21 DemonX_portugal
Member since 2004 • 6030 Posts
doesn't works
caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts
The video you have requested is not available.
james24gmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 james24gmail
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

Mouse and keyboard is far superior to gamepad for FPS. I own both a highend  PC system and a 360. Keyboard and mouse is far superior for FPS gaming, if you don't believe that you obviously have never used a PC and you're bias. The controller is better for things like racing games.

Honestly, there are both good at certain things but saying rubbish like controllers are better for FPS is so laughable.

tag_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tag_001
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts
I cant stand these pc fanboys winging. Using a controller is so much fun its awesome. And btw those videos dont workmmogoon

countering an opinion with an opinion. Good job. Personally I like KB&M better for FPS but it's only an opinion. A mouse is more accurate than a controller though, that can't be denied. just like the fact that controllers are better for action and racing games.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mmogoon

Mouse and keyboard is far superior to gamepad for FPS. I own both a highend PC system and a 360. Keyboard and mouse is far superior for FPS gaming, if you don't believe that you obviously have never used a PC and you're bias. The controller is better for things like racing games.

Honestly, there are both good at certain things but saying rubbish like controllers are better for FPS is so laughable.

james24gmail
Yeah well, it's a hell of a lot of fun using sticks and triggers to shoot with..
donut349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 donut349
Member since 2003 • 3951 Posts
I'm more of a Counterstrike Source guy then COD2 person... but COD2 was pretty good on the 360. I borrowed it from a friend on the PC, pretty crazy also.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trix5817
[QUOTE="james24gmail"]

Mouse and keyboard is far superior to gamepad for FPS. I own both a highend PC system and a 360. Keyboard and mouse is far superior for FPS gaming, if you don't believe that you obviously have never used a PC and you're bias. The controller is better for things like racing games.

mmogoon
Yeah well, it's a hell of a lot of fun using sticks and triggers to shoot with..

I like moving my hand and wrists to move a gun rather than thumb. Much more realistic and more intuitive.....
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spartan070

[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="csliney"]Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles.  Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.csliney

How exactaly do I miss the point of gaming? what a stupid and pointless response to my opinion, please tell me the point in gaming before I quit because Im worried Im doing everything for the wrong reasons....

The point is simple = use what is best for you. My apologies if I seemed brash but you got pretty worked up about it with no pvovocation.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mmogoon
[QUOTE="mmogoon"][QUOTE="james24gmail"]

trix5817

I like moving my hand and wrists to move a gun rather than thumb. Much more realistic and more intuitive.....

Ok good.
HatFried

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HatFried
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts

This

and

especially this

Enjoy.

IgGy621985

This is beating a dead horse. The mouse was designed from the get go to be superior to the joystick in every which way. That said, the controller is a spacesaver.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
Controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mouse/keyboard. Fact.mr_pops238
No...not fact.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trix5817
[QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="mmogoon"][QUOTE="james24gmail"]

mmogoon

Ok good.

Ok good. You see, opinions are like a**  holes, everybody has one......
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spartan070

Mouse and keyboard is far superior to gamepad for FPS. I own both a highend  PC system and a 360. Keyboard and mouse is far superior for FPS gaming, if you don't believe that you obviously have never used a PC and you're bias. The controller is better for things like racing games.

james24gmail
It is far more precise but "better" is definitely not the right word, unless you mean better for you...
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IgGy621985
Yeah, but are they using KB/M over the WIRELESS waves, or are there more cables running to the console?TekkenMaster606

Dunno, maybe some of those guys do. But wireless stuff for FPS games is not very reccomended, especially if u're playing online or competing on ClanBase (and they do).
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts

You phailed
dimar19
You're so full of it. You remind of one of those crazy people who believe the earth is flat.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Spartan070

trix5817

Well pulling triggers is more realistic than clicking on someone imho...
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spartan070
[QUOTE="dimar19"]I finished COD 2 on veteran both on PC and X360 and couldn't see any differencies.

You phailed
baddog121390
You're so full of it. You remind of one of those crazy people who believe the earth is flat.

How is he full of it?
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mmogoon

Spartan070

That's what i was thinking but knew it'd just get shot down
DarkT33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DarkT33
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts
[QUOTE="donut349"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="csliney"]Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles. Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.trix5817

Ummmm.....no, no you wouldn't. An experianced KB/M user will almost always beat a controller user. It's not opinion, it's fact. Even GS thinks so, so please, stop this crap. Which one you like more is totally your opinion.

Since when does opinion= fact? I'd like to see a match between Rippon (#1 Halo 2 player) using a pad and your experienced "leet" hermit with his beloved, non rumble, unconfortable KB/M. Rippon would destroy him. Anyway which one you people prefer is just an opinion. I'd take a controller any day. Deal with it hermits.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 baddog121390
[QUOTE="james24gmail"]

Spartan070
It is far more precise but "better" is definitely not the right word, unless you mean better for you...

It is far better. It allows for deeper gameplay. And everybody agrees that gameplay = better.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
The major factor this topic is lacking is the care...we honestly don't care.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 baddog121390
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="dimar19"]I finished COD 2 on veteran both on PC and X360 and couldn't see any differencies.

You phailed
Spartan070

How is he full of it?

Why do you even dare to defend him? He's made some of the biggest BS here ever. Complete fakeboy.
DarkT33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DarkT33
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

trix5817

I like using an analogue stick to move and control my pace rather than just holding down a button. Much more realistic. Also the control pad rumbles. Even more realistic.........
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="james24gmail"]

baddog121390

It is far better. It allows for deeper gameplay. And everybody agrees that gameplay = better.

...but everyone doesn't agree that kb/m = better gameplay, which debunks your point....
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="dimar19"]I finished COD 2 on veteran both on PC and X360 and couldn't see any differencies.

You phailed
baddog121390

How is he full of it?

Why do you even dare to defend him? He's made some of the biggest BS here ever. Complete fakeboy.

Oh, I haven't really heard of him before, I don't know his posting history.  If he's a fakeboy then pwn away.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mmogoon
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="james24gmail"]

baddog121390

Deeper gameplay? wth
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Spartan070
[QUOTE="mmogoon"] Deeper gameplay? wth

Just don't bother...
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 trix5817
[QUOTE="baddog121390"][QUOTE="dimar19"]I finished COD 2 on veteran both on PC and X360 and couldn't see any differencies.

You phailed
Spartan070

How is he full of it?

Well to start, his post has nothing to do with the TC post......

You have to know dimar......he's a.....quite a character. He will just deny everything. He thinks GRAW for the 360 is more tactical than the PC version, even though just about every review has stated that's definently not the case, even GS.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trix5817

Spartan070

Ok, that's great. Again it's an opinion. I was just replying to his opinion.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 trix5817
[QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="donut349"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="csliney"]Who actually argues that a control pad is better than k/b & mouse for fps? I hate it when games have to use some sort of assisted auto aim for fps which is all too common on consoles. Red Steel multi player gives k/b and mouse a run for its money though, and even though slow turning ultimately holds it back, it is actually more fun at least.DarkT33

Since when does opinion= fact? I'd like to see a match between Rippon (#1 Halo 2 player) using a pad and your experienced "leet" hermit with his beloved, non rumble, unconfortable KB/M. Rippon would destroy him. Anyway which one you people prefer is just an opinion. I'd take a controller any day. Deal with it hermits.

IT IS NOT AN OPINION IT IS A FACT! How you can dispute this, I do not know. Which one you like more is an opinion however.