Note to people who still use Windows XP: Battlefield 3 is Direct-X 10/11 only.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Cant say i care about battlefield. ;)dakan45

I'm sorry for your loss.:(

HOW THE HELL its my loss? I HATE people who talk like that. I dont like the damn game, so how the hell its my loss? You people got to get that in your head, we dont like some games, by saying "your loss" you only piss us off since we dont like those games and the reply seems pointless and stupid like you cant understand that we dont like the those games.

Sorry if i overeacted but i litteraly HATE the "your loss thing" How the hell is it my loss? If anything i wont be wasting money and time on something i wont enjoy and i will have fun with something i actually like.

Also lol on the people who say no one uses xp anymore. :lol: Where the hell did you get that? Plenty of people use xp. Some people are just ingorant and the main reasons why we dont get alont in the forums.

Personally i am not interested on that game but they got NO reason whatsoever not to make it dx9 or xp compatible. Hell the game is on consoles.

I'm sorry for your loss :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="groowagon"]

does someone actually still have XP on their gaming rig? why on earth?

hellnojustno

vista and windows 7 are sluggish feel like a bunch of floatware crap. plus battlefield 3 is truly a dx9 game.

i think you mean bloatware, since floatware is supposed to be a good thing. BF3 is not a DX9 game, or then you know something that Dice doesn't.

sorry, but your post has pretty much fail in it...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="groowagon"]

does someone actually still have XP on their gaming rig? why on earth?

hellnojustno

vista and windows 7 are sluggish feel like a bunch of floatware crap. plus battlefield 3 is truly a dx9 game.

Wrong and wrong. BF3 is a native DX10 game, this has been announced for a long time. The Frostbite 2.0 engine is a PC game engine built on DX10. This isn't like Crysis where they throw DX10 features ontop of DX9 and say it's DX10 and you should upgrade.

Also Windows 7 is much faster than XP will ever be. Windows 7 utilizes RAM much more efficiently, renders the UI on the graphics card to greatly improve performance, has much better hard disk management, has a great search function that is just as good as the ones found on OSX, uses mulitcore processors much better...

Windows 7 is the best version of the Windows operating system ever created. It doesn't crash, it doesn't suck up resources, and it doesn't kill harddrive space.

Richymisiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Richymisiak
Member since 2007 • 2589 Posts
who uses xp on their gaming rigs anymore?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#56 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

^Why are you so serious?:|

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

^Why are you so serious?:|

mitu123
Because its a serious forum. But since you were joking we call it day :P
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

People still use Windows XP? :?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dakan45

The_Game21x
Thats like asking "gamedevelopers still support xp"
dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

XP is beyond dated, if not unusable because of the 3 GB RAM limit.

Windows 7 is better in every possible way, from UI, to memory management. XP is 10 years old, time to move on.

You're as bad as a console gamer if you still have XP lol.

haberman13

um no it does not have 3gb limit. that is for people using 32bit os even 32bit win 7 cant use more .

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Personally i am not interested on that game but they got NO reason whatsoever not to make it dx9 or xp compatible. Hell the game is on consoles.

dakan45

Console version is caped at 24 players; PC version will take full use of Direct X 11, radiosity global illumination and 64 players; I think that the leave of DX 9 and XP is good for onece; it will give the developers the chance to fully exploit the strenghts of DX 11.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

dakan45
Thats like asking "gamedevelopers still support xp"

Obviously... I was joking. :P
thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

I have Vista 64 bit.

Now before you kill me i really cannot be bothered upgrading at this time.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

Ondoval

Console version is caped at 24 players; PC version will take full use of Direct X 11, radiosity global illumination and 64 players; I think that the leave of DX 9 and XP is good for onece; it will give the developers the chance to fully exploit the strenghts of DX 11.

I still dont see why the pc version HAS to use dx10/dx11?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

dakan45

why not? why holding it back by making it for dx9 api? you could just make it for dx10, even if not fully utilizing the features. gamers just don't use XP anymore. if they have any sense in their heads, that is.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
Windows 7 is great, and even newer versions of Vista are pretty good. There's no longer any reason to cling to XP imo.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dakan45
\

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Ondoval"]

groowagon

why not? why holding it back by making it for dx9 api? you could just make it for dx10, even if not fully utilizing the features. gamers just don't use XP anymore. if they have any sense in their heads, that is.

Why do? Yes gamers DO use xp. RAGE, Crysis 2, fear 3, bulletstorm, tes v skyrim, the witcher 2, dragon age 2, mass effect 2, deus ex human revolution. All xp compatible. You got no actual points.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

\[QUOTE="groowagon"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] I still dont see why the pc version HAS to use dx10/dx11?dakan45

Why do? Yes gamers DO use xp. RAGE, Crysis 2, fear 3, bulletstorm, tes v skyrim, the witcher 2, dragon age 2, mass effect 2, deus ex human revolution. All xp compatible. You got no actual points.

Out of all of those games, The Witcher 2 is the only one that shouldn't be using DX9. FFS it requires a 8800GT which is DX10.

XP and DX9 are old and outdated. Its time to move on. 7 and DX11 are far superior and its about damn time developers embrace the change. I didn't even want to move to Windows 7 but hot damn I'm glad I did. Runs SOOOO much better and never crashes. Ever. Only time it does is when I'm trying to get some higher OC numbers which I don't need.

BTW All of those games besides TW2 are multiplat. Devs don't want to put forth the effort into changing the engine for one platform. Consoles are holding PC back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

\[QUOTE="groowagon"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] I still dont see why the pc version HAS to use dx10/dx11?dakan45

i don't know if you're right about those games or not, but they wouldn't need to be xp compatible. tell me single reason why PC gamers would still use XP? and don't say money, cos they spend all that money building those rigs...

old rig? well ok, but the hardware would be outdated anyway to play new games.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

\[QUOTE="groowagon"]

You don't either....

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

dakan45

Because Battlefield 3 in PC will push the boundaries of what cutting edge PC hardware is currently capable of, and XP/DX 9 is a weight. XP/ DX 9 isn't even capable to run the ambient occlusion from BC 2, and BF 3 will use destruction 3.0. In oder to make the game playable in XP they would be to make comptromises in what they could made, and they don't want to split the PC community with gameplay compromises as in the console versions.

6 years since BF 2, fully supporting Windows XP and DX 9. Now is time for Battlefield 3 in Vista/Winmdows 7 and DX 10/11. Deal with it.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I'm glad BF3 isn't using DX9 and a decade old OS, it's time to move on and push PC hardware and gaming forward!

I still have Vista(which will work with BF3) but want to get Windows 7 soon.

vkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 vkun
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Cant say i care about battlefield. ;)dakan45

I'm sorry for your loss.:(

HOW THE HELL its my loss? I HATE people who talk like that. I dont like the damn game, so how the hell its my loss? You people got to get that in your head, we dont like some games, by saying "your loss" you only piss us off since we dont like those games and the reply seems pointless and stupid like you cant understand that we dont like the those games.

Sorry if i overeacted but i litteraly HATE the "your loss thing" How the hell is it my loss? If anything i wont be wasting money and time on something i wont enjoy and i will have fun with something i actually like.

Also lol on the people who say no one uses xp anymore. :lol: Where the hell did you get that? Plenty of people use xp. Some people are just ingorant and the main reasons why we dont get alont in the forums.

Youre not grasping the full sincerity of our apologies. We REALLY are sorry for your loss.