"not once was I bothered by the lack of voice chat"

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Slashkice said:
@bunchanumbers said:

The sad thing is that this is all about a game that most of the people here won't buy anyway, but want to look for something to crucify Nintendo over. If you want to buy it, great! If not STFU and move on. All your bitching and moaning didn't stop Nintendo from doing what they want anyway. Did your crying and complaining stop Nintendo from implementing their Youtube policy? Nope and somehow Nintendo is still profitable. Did your rants and tears about not getting an amiibo stop them from selling out? Nope. Still sold out before they freaking launch and Nintendo is counting the cash. Jeez. Its like hearing the worlds dumbest record skipping over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Get over it people its not happening.

If you just want an echo chamber of Nintendo praise, System Wars isn't the place for you.

I get where he is coming from though. Most of the people here bitching about the lack of voice chat in Splatoon either had no interest in the game to begin with, or don't own a Wii U all together. But they act like this news is some sort of "deal breaker" for them. Gamers act like entitled cry babies (see P.T. outrage for example) and it needs to stop. Nintendo doesn't want the young, impressionable minds of their fanbase to be exposed to "N bombs" or rape jokes while they play Splatoon. This has been their stance for some time now and I don't see it changing any time soon. If you want to chat with your buddies that bad, you can find a way. There is always party chat on the other consoles or via PC. But I have played enough games online to know that the majority of people who play online DO NOT USE VOICE CHAT when they play. And this is on PC, PS4, XB1, 360, PS3 etc...

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@Slashkice said:
@bunchanumbers said:

The sad thing is that this is all about a game that most of the people here won't buy anyway, but want to look for something to crucify Nintendo over. If you want to buy it, great! If not STFU and move on. All your bitching and moaning didn't stop Nintendo from doing what they want anyway. Did your crying and complaining stop Nintendo from implementing their Youtube policy? Nope and somehow Nintendo is still profitable. Did your rants and tears about not getting an amiibo stop them from selling out? Nope. Still sold out before they freaking launch and Nintendo is counting the cash. Jeez. Its like hearing the worlds dumbest record skipping over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Get over it people its not happening.

If you just want an echo chamber of Nintendo praise, System Wars isn't the place for you.

I get where he is coming from though. Most of the people here bitching about the lack of voice chat in Splatoon either had no interest in the game to begin with, or don't own a Wii U all together. But they act like this news is some sort of "deal breaker" for them. Gamers act like entitled cry babies (see P.T. outrage for example) and it needs to stop. Nintendo doesn't want the young, impressionable minds of their fanbase to be exposed to "N bombs" or rape jokes while they play Splatoon. This has been their stance for some time now and I don't see it changing any time soon. If you want to chat with your buddies that bad, you can find a way. There is always party chat on the other consoles or via PC. But I have played enough games online to know that the majority of people who play online DO NOT USE VOICE CHAT when they play. And this is on PC, PS4, XB1, 360, PS3 etc...

What exactly is the "P.T. outrage" supposed to be, and why does it show how entitled gamers are? Are you saying people are wrong to be angry at Konami for getting rid of Kojima and cancelling what was looking like one of the most promising upcoming titles in recent memory, and for taking P.T. off the PSN store?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

Gamers act like entitled cry babies (see P.T. outrage for example)

We lost a piece of gaming history because Konami are assholes, and you're putting that blame on the gaming audience? What?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

Good follow up, all the voice chat in the world wont make a game fun.

Extension of that logic, local co-op won't make a game more fun either.

The thing is, I always hear the defense that Nintendo makes games for people sitting around the TV, for local co-op, for the enjoyment of seeing and hearing their reactions, the joy, of other players. This is the very image Nintendo advertises and is what many Nintendo proponents argue in defense of their design philosophy and is a usual counter against criticisms of their online approach of refusing to put multiplayer in to enforce local play, even if impractical for most people. Yet, all of a sudden, a lack of voice, in fact.....an online game completely devoid of any interaction that would enable such a conveyance they tout as their strength is viewed as all of a sudden somehow not a loss or detriment.

How is this not a double standard?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#57 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

The people who are okay with Splatoon having no voice chat are the same people that probably have no friends.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Maybe when splatoon finally releases. We can talk more about the game, other then voice chat. Probably not though, it'll always devolve into the same conversation whenever this game is mentioned.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MirkoS77

@NoodleFighter: Lol. Thanks for that.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts

While not ultra important, voice chat would've made it more fun.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@Slashkice said:
@bunchanumbers said:

couldn't agree more in fact i fell into this exact category

didn't own a wiiU

don't use voice chat in other games much at all

/complained about it just for the hell of it since i wasn't gonna buy it

even some of the wiiU owners who weren't going to buy the game or use the voice chat were ragging on it i seen a few in the nintendo boards saying that "this was the last straw" or some crap those people weren't gonna buy this anyway imo they like the nintendo zelda/mario games more an stuff this isn't there thing imo for the hardcore ninty fan

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If I had children I would not want them to go online. PSN and Xbox Live are absolutely disgusting.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#63 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41559 Posts

The only upside I can think of without voice chat is that we'll never hear something like this.

Loading Video...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@iandizion713 said:

The thing is, I always hear the defense that Nintendo makes games for people sitting around the TV, for local co-op, for the enjoyment of seeing and hearing their reactions, the joy, of other players. This is the very image Nintendo advertises and is what many Nintendo proponents argue in defense of their design philosophy and is a usual counter against criticisms of their online approach of refusing to put multiplayer in to enforce local play, even if impractical for most people. Yet, all of a sudden, a lack of voice, in fact.....an online game completely devoid of any interaction that would enable such a conveyance they tout as their strength is viewed as all of a sudden somehow not a loss or detriment.

Whoa their Nelly, the two are no where near the same. Coop can be universally enjoyed around the whole world and is not limited to a language barrier. It keeps are world servers connected. Voice Chat is some ancient technique that fans are growing tired of and want a new experience. Voice Chat is so plain, its crazy to hear yall cry about such a dated feature. But its cool you enjoy Voice Chat so much, i hope you find the Voice Chat game your looking for mate, good luck and Godspeed on your search, theirs a Voice Chat out there for you mate, its waiting for you to come speak that Barry White.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Slashkice: How is pulling a promotional demo used to announce a game that is no longer coming out a dick move? I don't understand the outrage. Maybe these gamers should be upset with themselves because they deleted it from their hard drive.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@bunchanumbers said:

STFU and move on

Hahaha, **** off you fanboy.

This isn't a Nintendo fan jerk off session where everyone agrees how perfect Nintendo are all the time. This is System Wars, where we come to rip into the stupid bullshit gaming sometimes throws our way. Lacking voice chat IS some stupid bullshit and we WILL rip into it. Just like MS screwing up Halo MCC, or Sony screwing up Driveclub. No free passes here!

@bunchanumbers said:

crying and complaining

rants and tears

Interesting, it's our fault for pointing out the flaws, not Nintendo's for creating the flaws. Lol. That's some abused housewife level shit. "If we don't talk about the flaws we can pretend they don't exist, NINTENDO TREATS ME SO GOOD :'("

@bunchanumbers said:

Nintendo is still profitable

Nintendo is counting the cash.

It's pathetic you care about this.

@bunchanumbers said:

Get over it people its not happening.

You say that, but Operation Rainfall "happened", when they were doing equally stupid bullshit. If enough gamers called them on their bullshit, they'd have to stop and fix it. It's brainwashed folks like you that subsidise their stupidty, if you had higher standards you'd get better games.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

So if Nintendo is doing something wrong ignore it and let it happen instead of saying that its a bad thing, this comment is beyond stupid

btw I believe that is the worlds dumbest record ^

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@lord_magikarp: Don't you remember those fun 4 player split screen sessions, where everyone sat in total silence? With no comments, team work, laughter or triumph? And when you finished playing, everyone just got up and left silently? That's the experience we ALL had, and that's what Splatoon is recreating. Thank you, Nintendo :P

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

The fucking PlayStation 2 had voice chat.. This is 13 years later and we have people trying to defend a modern day console's complete lack of a major online feature that consoles from two gens ago had.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Heirren said:

If I had children I would not want them to go online. PSN and Xbox Live are absolutely disgusting.

.. There is a easy way to avoid that.. It's called parental controls which would have you muting all voice chat... Not hard.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@lord_magikarp said:
@bunchanumbers said:

So if Nintendo is doing something wrong ignore it and let it happen instead of saying that its a bad thing, this comment is beyond stupid

btw I believe that is the worlds dumbest record ^

lol I think its great that you got a hobby of stalking me, but if you're going to throw me in a pit just do it already. Your obsession with me is bordering on psychotic.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#72 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Slashkice said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Hot damn, laying down the truth

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lord_Magikarp

@bunchanumbers:

ummmmmm... I'm pretty sure you are trolling (and I hope you are cause some of these comments), but really some of nintendo's choices cant be defended and calling me a "stalker" is your way of deflecting

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I'd be bothered. I love being able to chat with friends as we're playing a game, that's part of the fun.

Of course, Nintendo decided playing with friends is a bad idea as well...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

I'd be bothered. I love being able to chat with friends as we're playing a game, that's part of the fun.

Of course, Nintendo decided playing with friends is a bad idea as well...

Fortunately you can still at least do that through a third party device/software like Skype.. I mean this is a TEAM orientated game, with no proper communication, it defeats the entire point of it.. We had voice chat on the playstation 2 for crying out loud.. Why is Nintendo 12 years behind something that was already behind the pc to begin with.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@iandizion713 said:

Whoa their Nelly, the two are no where near the same. Coop can be universally enjoyed around the whole world and is not limited to a language barrier. It keeps are world servers connected. Voice Chat is some ancient technique that fans are growing tired of and want a new experience. Voice Chat is so plain, its crazy to hear yall cry about such a dated feature. But its cool you enjoy Voice Chat so much, i hope you find the Voice Chat game your looking for mate, good luck and Godspeed on your search, theirs a Voice Chat out there for you mate, its waiting for you to come speak that Barry White.

Voice chat matters to a lot of people. It should be an option at least.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Pokemon has Voice Chat but this doesnt. Nintendo’s stance is kind of flawed if this is about "teh kiddiez", You can go to options to and turn it off altogether too.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#79 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I understand that some people would want it but I played my fair share of online game and 2h of Splatoon and seriously. You don't really need it all. If your team isn't braindead they would look at the map and see where they need to be no need for more.

Most of the time people talk about nothing that as to do with the game, they are barely audible or a 10 years spew shit tihnking they act so adult. So no thankyou.

I think Nintendo did that to avoid all those because they are kid friendly but it doesn't mean their games are shit. I know you'll all say that I love Nintendo to much and will defend them and call me names but whatever there is more important shit to whine about in this industry than Nintendo not putting voice chat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Coco_pierrot: we had voice chat on the ps2 for crying out loud. How are people defending Nintendo's shifty multi player features? Furthermore nothing is stopping them from adding parental features such as locking out voice chat.. This is 2015 for crying out loud.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By iandizion713

@sSubZerOo: I dont beleive its common for games aimed at kids under the age of 10 to have voice chat. Dateline would have a field day.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

@iandizion713: pokemon... pokeMON... POKEMON.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By iandizion713

@Dibdibdobdobo: Yeah, that trade chat is pretty sweet. I like how they used it. Its SOOOO much easier to trade now.

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Ryno1179
Member since 2015 • 187 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@sSubZerOo: I dont beleive its common for games aimed at kids under the age of 10 to have voice chat. Dateline would have a field day.

So you admit that Nintendo makes kiddy games aimed at kids?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Giving people less options is a very lazy way to solve a problem. They just want to save money.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

As someone who has never used voice chat in his life, it's a feature I couldn't care less about.

But for a game in 2015 to release without it, it's unheard of.

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Lord_Magikarp

@iandizion713 said:

cod has voice chat

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Zen_Light said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Who uses voice chat in shooters?

This is such an asshole mentality, just because you do not use it, doesn't mean other people don't. As it stands there is no in-game option for speaking with your friends.

Most of us don't care if assholes can't talk to other assholes in the game.

This has to be one of the weakest arguements I've seen on this forum.

"I don't use it, so **** everyone else!"

Also the mute button has been in games for more then a decade now. The idea that you're forced to listen to idiots online is just silly.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Voice chat is overrated. I never talk on PS4/X1 while playing FPS. I lone wolf most matches and don't really care to listen to most other players anyway. Especially the woman!! I hate when girls play CoD as most of them are whiney and don't get the game. Those that do sound half way competent aren't the ones actually playing anyway. The guy plays and the girl talks!!

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

It is baffling the amazing lengths nintendo fanboys will go to defend this company. And that website cannot be taken seriously. Too be honest, none of them can be taken seriously because their is a bias of overrating nintendos games in general.

If you saw splatoon and didn't know it was made by nintendo, you would laugh at it and say it is 4/10 at best. But since nintendo made it, you automatically give it a 11/10.

Game reviewers on every website have nintendo fanboys overrating nintendos games. I want all the websites to get new reviewers who can rate those games objectively. They should be reviewed by people who don't have the nostalgia glasses on. They should be people who have never played a mario, zelda etc before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#91  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I really wasnt. I like to play my games alone.

also SP >>>>> MP

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#92  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
Loading Video...

So much for Voice Chat Online Ninty.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#93 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

I think what bothers me about Nintendo not including voice chat is its indecisiveness on the feature. It's not like they've never included voice chat in a game (Animal Crossing: City Folk, and a handful of DS games), so it's frustrating that they pick and choose which games they'll allow it with. Nintendo needs to pick a side and stay there.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#94 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

It's still a basic online feature that needs to be in the game regardless of whether or not the lack of which bothers you.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#95 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4579 Posts

Stop justifying a bad decision. A mp team based game should have voice chat so you can talk to your teammates. The fans want it. There are people playing mario kart 8 that rent servers for voice chat. Nintendo should just include it in the game.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

A multiplayer shooting game without player communication will be dead inside of a month.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@nyadc said:

A multiplayer shooting game without player communication will be dead inside of a month.

I gave it 4-6.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#98 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@nyadc said:

I gave it 4-6.

I'd say that's extremely generous.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Lets be real. The fact that there is no voice chat is laughable. Forget any BS excuse that they give, it's garbage and highlights one of the many areas Nintendo has fallen behind. Do I personally care? No, not really. A great example is the Wii U version of Cod:BO II, I use the voice chat at times, and not many other people use it. Odds are most wouldn't in Splatoon either. Plus I don't know too many people that even have a Wii U, so it is not like I have to worry about talking to my buddies.

Again though, that is my very personal situation many others probably have had different experiences, have online friends, and want to chat with randoms. The lack of that option is distressing. The game will no doubt still be tons of fun, I am very hyped for it, but it is very much a party pooper.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#100  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

dont like voice chat....it actually fucks up my game and makes me nervous.

i always turn it off....

i have to admit though...mario kart8 online might have been funny because there is so much bullshit...lol oh well.. dont care.