Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#54 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@jsmoke03 said:

@heretrix said:

The first time I saw it when it was announced I was excited for it, but after seeing more I'm kind of turned off.

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

I know, right? That was a mess. It looks like a PS2 game. Not graphically, but it seems like a game that would have been made in that era.

lol so i guess i wasnt the only one that thought that

You think a huge game like this could be made on the PS2? lol not even the first Xenoblade.

@Gue1 said:

this game looks even worse than xenoblade which already was way overrated trash. Some pretty vistas is all this series has.

Check your eyes.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#55 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

It looks completely awe inspiring to me. Simply a colossal sense of scale and a gorgeous world that we are obviously barely getting a glimpse of. Since I finally started playing Xenoblade Chronicles, I can see and appreciate where that comes from. The gameplay also looks to be pretty much the same, so I imagine that we will be in for quite the treat. I am especially excited about being able to create my own character this time as well. Good stuff for sure.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#57 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

The grafics whore cows have invaded the thread.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@jsmoke03 said:

@heretrix said:

The first time I saw it when it was announced I was excited for it, but after seeing more I'm kind of turned off.

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

I know, right? That was a mess. It looks like a PS2 game. Not graphically, but it seems like a game that would have been made in that era.

You think a huge game like this could be made on the PS2? lol not even the first Xenoblade.

@Gue1 said:

this game looks even worse than xenoblade which already was way overrated trash. Some pretty vistas is all this series has.

Check your eyes.

it wasnt technical graphics and poly count..but something about it just gives me "ïm not gonna like it" vibe maybe it was the aesthetics or the characters...this game went somewhere else from my expectations.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bbkkristian

@jsmoke03: even from the first trailer in the game, it was not about character models. It was about the scope and detail of the environments, that is what has remained consistent.

I think people just don't like it because it represents a more anime-ish look.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Getting it day 1 especially after the treehouse event which showed the gameplay.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jsmoke03

@bbkkristian said:

@jsmoke03: even from the first trailer in the game, it was not about character models. It was about the scope and detail of the environments, that is what has remained consistent.

I think people just don't like it because it represents a more anime-ish look.

lol no i know about the draw distance. i meant something turned me off and it had nothing to do with the technical aspect of it.

maybe it was the anime ish look, but its anime but in a 3d sort of way. kind of like how i became disinterested with blue dragon on the 360 because the anime was trying to be not anime...i dont know how to describe it. either way i was expecting lost oddysey character models but i got that instead. reminded me of xenosaga as well...character models were ehhh

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#62 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

I like monster hunter and this reminds me of it. Therefore = i like it.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bbkkristian

@jsmoke03: the funny part is that people were not crying about the character models until they l showed faces. I just rewatched the previous two trailers which hid every characters' face and no one called them out on it. Now since people can see the facial structure on the character models, they are immediately put on blast and people are saying the graphics have been degraded, when they haven't! And you're right, It definitely looks like Xenosaga's art style, which was a very Japanese game. Monolith is trying to bridge the gap between the Eastern and Western audience, many of the battle mechanics and features that were in Xenoblade were inspired from western games. But the art will always be Japanese.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ironcreed

Stills:

Looks good to me.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#65  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Game looks amazing on so many levels; Xenoblade was one of my all time favorite RPGs and this one looks even better. Wish the Wii U was a more compelling purchase because this game (and Zelda) makes the console tempting. However, there has to be a really long list of games that I want before I purchase a console.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

No love?

pssh X and Zelda Wii-U are the reasons why I wanna get a Wii-U

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#67  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

It's also nice to see an upcoming JRPG that doesn't look bad or meh.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jsmoke03

@bbkkristian said:

@jsmoke03: the funny part is that people were not crying about the character models until they l showed faces. I just rewatched the previous two trailers which hid every characters' face and no one called them out on it. Now since people can see the facial structure on the character models, they are immediately put on blast and people are saying the graphics have been degraded, when they haven't! And you're right, It definitely looks like Xenosaga's art style, which was a very Japanese game. Monolith is trying to bridge the gap between the Eastern and Western audience, many of the battle mechanics and features that were in Xenoblade were inspired from western games. But the art will always be Japanese.

its not that its japanese art...its how monolith does their faces. final fantasy/ tales / lost odyssey and other games have character faces that dont bother me. you are right, it is very xenosaga ish and thats what irked me and made me think ps2ish.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 p3anut  Online
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

I'm bummed out that's it's not coming this year but that's ok. It's better for a developer to delay the game so they can iron out the game and make it better.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Looks like a single player mmorpg, so not terribly hyped.

But it is nice knowing there are JRPGs where party members actually use firearms rather than swords in the future., not often we get those.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Is this for Dreamcast, ps2, wii or wiiu?
Is this for Dreamcast, ps2, wii or wiiu?
2012. Looks extremely impressive for 7th gen hardware
2012. Looks extremely impressive for 7th gen hardware
2014. WHAT THE F*CK?
2014. WHAT THE F*CK?

Looks like a korean mmo aimed for Dreamcast release. Also, WTF happened to graphics???

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@ironcreed said:

Stills:

Looks good to me.

Thank you, I was initially disappointed after that horrible trailer from the direct, but after watching the Treehouse gameplay, I was blown away again, my most anticipated title out of everything all systems have. Looks absolutely gorgeous.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

its actually getting too much love

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Mario1331

@heretrix said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@heretrix said:

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

I love SciFi JRPGs but I really wish they they stop messing around and take it to the next level.I want to see a big budget scifi JRPG that isn't filled with cheesy dialog and characters. I want to see the character design taken out of the 90's..I'm replaying The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect series right now and the character design and costumes are fucking amazing. I know Japanese developers can do this and I would like to see it.

its not that they can't do it. its just not their way of game developing. if you want "big budget" RPG buy more western games. Japanese have never been the type to push millions of dollars into there development cost. thats just how it is. The game is looking great for JRPG lovers and I'm excited to get my hands on it. I really wish people would stop the "every game has to be a certain way to be good anymore" schtick.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@Mario1331: I agree. It seems that having the game be "open world" automatically makes said game better lately. It seems to be the new trend... Linear = bad. Open World = Good.

I think that's a terrible way to look at things and that all games should be judged for what they are attempting to do rather than what we think they should be.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

it's exciting new titles like this that make you realise how pointless the whole console war is. i'm a ps3 owner, never owned any Nintendo products except for my gba, and currently on the fence between ps4 and xone, but guess what? Wii U has impressed me the most so far this gen and this E3 further cemented my view.

At a time when Sony and M'soft bicker over hardware spec and shiny AAAs, Nintendo continues its track record of delivering critically acclaimed original titles that stand out with great gameplay and strong synergy with its proprietary platforms. no wonder they don't give a crap about what EA and Ubisoft think - Nintendo has a sustainable if not bright future in this gen and i for one am keeping both eyes on Wii U now.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@big_mak523 said:

@Mario1331: I agree. It seems that having the game be "open world" automatically makes said game better lately. It seems to be the new trend... Linear = bad. Open World = Good.

I think that's a terrible way to look at things and that all games should be judged for what they are attempting to do rather than what we think they should be.

Nope because their last game XC on Wii was great. :P

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#79 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@Mario1331 said:

Too much hate too, and it's being overshadowed by a lot of people. If the PS4 or X1 got it, I guarantee you they would be nuts.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#80 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@Mario1331 said:

@heretrix said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@heretrix said:

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

I love SciFi JRPGs but I really wish they they stop messing around and take it to the next level.I want to see a big budget scifi JRPG that isn't filled with cheesy dialog and characters. I want to see the character design taken out of the 90's..I'm replaying The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect series right now and the character design and costumes are fucking amazing. I know Japanese developers can do this and I would like to see it.

its not that they can't do it. its just not their way of game developing. if you want "big budget" RPG buy more western games. Japanese have never been the type to push millions of dollars into there development cost. thats just how it is. The game is looking great for JRPG lovers and I'm excited to get my hands on it. I really wish people would stop the "every game has to be a certain way to be good anymore" schtick.

You miss the point completely. I don't want it to look like a western game, I want it to look like a Japanese game that wasn't conceived in 1997. You don't need a AAA budget to have good character design. The Witcher 2 series budget is nowhere near what Mass Effect's was but it certainly looks just as good. If you like what they are doing, fine but save the excuses.I love Japanese GAME design but you can put most of the characters from their RPGs in the same game for all it matters. The mannerisms, the irritating localization voice acting needs to effing stop.

And don't tell me the Japanese don't do big budget, are you seriously trying to say that FF is done on a shoestring budget? It's not like they don't have the resources, they just don't do it properly. Just look at how INSANE MGS V looks. Japanese developers could do a terrific crazy Scifi JRPG in a more "realistic" character style.And I'm not saying that everyone SHOULD do it, I would just like to see them attempt it more.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Mario1331 said:

Too much hate too, and it's being overshadowed by a lot of people. If the PS4 or X1 got it, I guarantee you they would be nuts.

It would look a metric ass load better if that was the case. Still it looks fun and the scale is impressive for the system it's on.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'm getting it day 1. I just wish I knew when day 1 is.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

xenoblade on wii its masterpiece but xenoblade on wii-u graphically its PS2.5 game and i dont see info for the story only hack n slash mech game

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:

Man it looks way too similar to Star Ocean 4 even the character design seem similar and so PS2 like.

anyways its very interesting but nothing i'd buy a WiiU for, will keep it in mind for sure.

really?? I find that hard to believe. if this was exclusive to PS4 you would praising it to the moon like u do every other JRPG thats exclusive to a sony console whether they deserve the attention or not. This game easily justifies a purchase of a wii u especially if ur an RPG fan and you and i both know that

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@superbuuman: Oh in this case the open world is gonna be amazing. I was speaking more in general terms to people who want EVERY game to be open world. Xenoblade was my game of the last generation!. I even have a monado tattooed on my arm :P

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mario1331

@heretrix: fair enough but to MGS defense there are some *** devs that actually talked about adapting more western ideals into there games which would explain RE6, FF13, and MGS5. I think it fits the way monolith soft operates which is why i have no problem with it. Yea i know its been a mixed bag here but GS community doesnt like anything nintendo related(even if they had the best conference). HOWEVER i would also like to see a sci fi JRPG thats big budget BUT made by the correct japanese dev.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mario1331

@reaver-x: i would have to agree. Honestly i dont have a problem with finalstars taste like majority of this forum does. But i do have to say he really isnt consistent with the games he like lol. If its not really on a sony console even if it is good he will not like it which is kind of depressing.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 heretrix

@Mario1331 said:

@heretrix: HOWEVER i would also like to see a sci fi JRPG thats big budget BUT made by the correct japanese dev.

Oh, absolutely. I would love to see a hand drawn (like Akira) sci fi style game. I don't know who has the chops for that kind of thing, But I love when they stick to more realist type designs for characters (Like Persona) than some of the stuff I currently see. That would really grab my attention. I would love to see a more progressive graphics style from them, that's all.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ironcreed

Love dat sky:

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#90 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19588 Posts

@heretrix said:

@Mario1331 said:

@heretrix said:

@jsmoke03 said:

@heretrix said:

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

You miss the point completely. I don't want it to look like a western game, I want it to look like a Japanese game that wasn't conceived in 1997. You don't need a AAA budget to have good character design. The Witcher 2 series budget is nowhere near what Mass Effect's was but it certainly looks just as good. If you like what they are doing, fine but save the excuses.I love Japanese GAME design but you can put most of the characters from their RPGs in the same game for all it matters. The mannerisms, the irritating localization voice acting needs to effing stop.

And don't tell me the Japanese don't do big budget, are you seriously trying to say that FF is done on a shoestring budget? It's not like they don't have the resources, they just don't do it properly. Just look at how INSANE MGS V looks. Japanese developers could do a terrific crazy Scifi JRPG in a more "realistic" character style.And I'm not saying that everyone SHOULD do it, I would just like to see them attempt it more.

In other words, you don't want it to look "anime" style. However, the "anime" style you dislike so much has always been an intrinsic part of the Xeno franchise since the very beginning, along with the cyberpunk themes, psycho-babble talk, and giant mechs. If you don't like the "anime" style, then maybe Xeno isn't the right RPG franchise for you? And if you don't like the Japanese cultural "mannerisms", then maybe JRPG's just aren't the right genre for you?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 heretrix

@Jag85 said:

In other words, you don't want it to look "anime" style. However, the "anime" style you dislike so much has always been an intrinsic part of the Xeno franchise since the very beginning, along with the cyberpunk themes, psycho-babble talk, and giant mechs. If you don't like the "anime" style, then maybe Xeno isn't the right RPG franchise for you? And if you don't like the Japanese cultural "mannerisms", then maybe JRPG's just aren't the right genre for you?

Not really, I would just like the fidelity to be better and the voice acting and plots to be a bit better than a high school play.

ME: I would love to see a hand drawn (like Akira) sci fi style game. I don't know who has the chops for that kind of thing, But I love when they stick to more realist type designs for characters (Like Persona) than some of the stuff I currently see. That would really grab my attention. I would love to see a more progressive graphics style from them, that's all.

I don't hate anime. I've watched it before it was widely available outside of Japan since the late 70's. I would like it to progress more and I know they can do better than some of the awful shit they've been putting out.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

As a big Xenoblade fan I can beyond excited about this game.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Im not as hyped as I was for Xenoblade 1 when it was announced but I am looking forward to it. Will buy a WiiU just to play this.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#94 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19588 Posts

@heretrix said:

@Jag85 said:

Not really, I would just like the fidelity to be better and the voice acting and plots to be a bit better than a high school play.

ME: I would love to see a hand drawn (like Akira) sci fi style game. I don't know who has the chops for that kind of thing, But I love when they stick to more realist type designs for characters (Like Persona) than some of the stuff I currently see. That would really grab my attention. I would love to see a more progressive graphics style from them, that's all.

I don't hate anime. I've watched it before it was widely available outside of Japan since the late 70's. I would like it to progress more and I know they can do better than some of the awful shit they've been putting out.

Fair enough. The "anime" style look could have looked better if they went with a cel-shaded look for the characters, like with the Tales series.

asulaeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 asulaeagle
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Here's "X' in comparison to other titles.

http://s220.photobucket.com/user/elgaeulb/slideshow/X%20in%20comparison%20to%20other%20titles

"X" screenshots on the right