No love for Xenoblade Chronicles X?

  • 91 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5322 posts) -

Probably going to be the best RPG of current gen for me.

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

#3 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

charizard how do you become a moderator?

#4 Posted by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

charizard how do you become a moderator?

You can either apply for it, or they offer it to you themselves. In either case, having some experience of the moderation rules on this site helps.

#5 Edited by finalstar2007 (24964 posts) -

Man it looks way too similar to Star Ocean 4 even the character design seem similar and so PS2 like.

anyways its very interesting but nothing i'd buy a WiiU for, will keep it in mind for sure.

#6 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21553 posts) -

It looks phenomenal, huge draw distance. it's like Jurassic park sometimes.. i have to get back to Xenoblade on Wii. last time i played is when Juju gets kidnapped and i try to save him but fail.

#7 Posted by musalala (2142 posts) -

Absolutely shattered its coming out next year

#8 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

charizard how do you become a moderator?

You can either apply for it, or they offer it to you themselves. In either case, having some experience of the moderation rules on this site helps.

so whats your job, just basically keep it clean around here?

#9 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1395 posts) -

eh, xenoblade chronicles was merely ok for me, so I'm not super hyped for this game.

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

charizard how do you become a moderator?

You can either apply for it, or they offer it to you themselves. In either case, having some experience of the moderation rules on this site helps.

so whats your job, just basically keep it clean around here?

Mostly, yeah. Especially now during E3, when it gets crazy.

#11 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5322 posts) -

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

I thought you didn't like the first one?

#12 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

charizard how do you become a moderator?

You can either apply for it, or they offer it to you themselves. In either case, having some experience of the moderation rules on this site helps.

so whats your job, just basically keep it clean around here?

Mostly, yeah. Especially now during E3, when it gets crazy.

cool thanks, and yea that game looks like one of those games that comes around once every few years that make you go " wow thats just magical"

i got the same feeling with MGS4, Fallout 3, and the Galaxy mario games, SMB3 also.

#13 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26356 posts) -

Looks like more of the xenoblade combat which is a good thing.Now I hope I care about the characters and plot this time around.

#14 Posted by bulby_g (1049 posts) -

Much hype for this. One of the reasons I got a Wii U.

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

I thought you didn't like the first one?

I did not much, no.

However, I am suitably impressed by the scale of this one.

#16 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5322 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

I thought you didn't like the first one?

I did not much, no.

However, I am suitably impressed by the scale of this one.

Was it the quests or story?

I would say it had a very good scale too.

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (56065 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

I thought you didn't like the first one?

I did not much, no.

However, I am suitably impressed by the scale of this one.

Was it the quests or story?

I would say it had a very good scale too.

The quests and how banal they seemed.

Also I couldn't stand playing on the Wii by that point :p

#18 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

Didn't get a chance to play the first and due to it costing a bomb here in the EU I possibly won't unless they do a Bayonetta.

#19 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5322 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

I thought you didn't like the first one?

I did not much, no.

However, I am suitably impressed by the scale of this one.

Was it the quests or story?

I would say it had a very good scale too.

The quests and how banal they seemed.

Also I couldn't stand playing on the Wii by that point :p

Fair enough. :P

#20 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5322 posts) -

It looks phenomenal, huge draw distance. it's like Jurassic park sometimes.. i have to get back to Xenoblade on Wii. last time i played is when Juju gets kidnapped and i try to save him but fail.

You're in for a lot of plot twists.

#21 Posted by m_machine024 (14865 posts) -

Characters look bad but that is my only complain so far. I'll check it out for sure.

#22 Edited by superbuuman (2686 posts) -

Yea plenty of love for this title, my MOST wanted game..gutted & pissed at Nintendo when it was pushed back to 2015. First day buy whenever it gets launch in 2015. :P

#23 Posted by GhoX (4801 posts) -

Ugh... I still haven't managed to get past the first game. How much do I miss out exactly if I skip ALL the side quests? My completionist instincts compel me to do them, but they always burn me out before I even leave the first area.

#24 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5322 posts) -
@GhoX said:

Ugh... I still haven't managed to get past the first game. How much do I miss out exactly if I skip ALL the side quests? My completionist instincts compel me to do them, but they always burn me out before I even leave the first area.

If you skip absolutely ALL the side quests, you will miss out rare equipment, Arts Manuals, Skill Trees and you're gonna have a hard time with new enemies.

#25 Edited by illmatic87 (15157 posts) -

@GhoX said:

Ugh... I still haven't managed to get past the first game. How much do I miss out exactly if I skip ALL the side quests? My completionist instincts compel me to do them, but they always burn me out before I even leave the first area.

Save yourself the headache and skip ones that arent in the local area of where you're up to. Because tracking down NPCs that move around at certain times of the day was a headache.

-

Looks good. Hope this game doesnt completely blunder at the last 2/3 of the game like the first one. At least the optional bosses were fun.

#26 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

It's on a system I have no interest in, so I have no interest in it. So no, no love from me.

#27 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3399 posts) -

Looks interesting but the gfx litterally look like a ps2 game running in PCSX2.

#28 Edited by lamprey263 (23190 posts) -

I never played the Wii game, it'd be cool if Nintendo included it into the next game just like Bayonetta is being bundled with Bayonetta 2.

#29 Edited by trugs26 (5296 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I never played the Wii game, it'd be cool if Nintendo included it into the next game just like Bayonetta is being bundled with Bayonetta 2.

Dude, I'd imagine that file size would be too large. Xenoblade is a huge game, and I'd imagine the new one will be even bigger with even more assets. I guess they could do a dual disc thing.

Edit: Just looked it up. Xenoblade on Wii was only 6 GB. I'd imagine the Wii U to be quite a bit bigger. The Wii U disc size is 25 GB, so it's possible that it could fit. So I stand corrected.

#30 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4535 posts) -

It's very difficult to love it when the graphics look so last gen. I had better wait for an emulator.

#31 Posted by MonsieurX (29548 posts) -

Looks great,already pre-ordered

#32 Posted by sibu_xgamer (332 posts) -

I want a WiiU :(

#33 Posted by freedom01 (616 posts) -

I want this game sooo badly

#34 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

I was excited about this game until I saw the look of it, game looks outdated as hell! I understand that the art style may be a factor in this but looks like it was made for Wii and then ported.

#35 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

The AI don't seem very good

#36 Posted by Heil68 (43465 posts) -

@musalala said:

Absolutely shattered its coming out next year

Only game I wanted for the WiiU this year.

#37 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

This is a sequel to Xenoblade, officially? Amazing. I need a WiiU. This is gonna be amazing.

#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3481 posts) -

It doesn't have teh super impressive graphics though. Can't get excited for a game without that.

#39 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6389 posts) -

yup am excited, it is pretty much bought here :P well preordered, but still :D

#40 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i want it and the only game i buy a wii u for right now.

But time is killing it for me... They showed off this game before wii u was released and still not coming till at least 2015

#41 Edited by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

So much hype for this game. It's sad that it was pushed to next year, but I hope they give it some nice polish for the release. I am predicting it will release Q1 or Q2 of 2015

#42 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24919 posts) -

Uh yeah?

It's just not many of us hyping it up gloriously because it's not releasing till next year.

#43 Edited by jsmoke03 (12764 posts) -

not after the trailer.

#45 Edited by remiks00 (1712 posts) -

Looks absolutely great. Will buy.

This.

And Congratulations on the level up (moderator) bro! :P

#46 Posted by pyro1245 (559 posts) -

Maximum love for Xenoblade X! The first game is among my favorite RPGs of the past decade. Not many games can touch that scope.

@GhoX said:

Ugh... I still haven't managed to get past the first game. How much do I miss out exactly if I skip ALL the side quests? My completionist instincts compel me to do them, but they always burn me out before I even leave the first area.

Each quest will have an exclamation mark or something if it can expire (or some way of telling). You just have to do those quests before the big plot events. There are 2 major events which will fail side quests i think; one early-ish and one late.

#47 Edited by heretrix (37319 posts) -

The first time I saw it when it was announced I was excited for it, but after seeing more I'm kind of turned off.

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

I know, right? That was a mess. It looks like a PS2 game. Not graphically, but it seems like a game that would have been made in that era.

#48 Edited by jsmoke03 (12764 posts) -

@heretrix said:

The first time I saw it when it was announced I was excited for it, but after seeing more I'm kind of turned off.

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

I know, right? That was a mess. It looks like a PS2 game. Not graphically, but it seems like a game that would have been made in that era.

lol so i guess i wasnt the only one that thought that

#49 Edited by Gue1 (9503 posts) -

this game looks even worse than xenoblade which already was way overrated trash. Some pretty vistas is all this series has.

#50 Edited by heretrix (37319 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@heretrix said:

The first time I saw it when it was announced I was excited for it, but after seeing more I'm kind of turned off.

@jsmoke03 said:

not after the trailer.

I know, right? That was a mess. It looks like a PS2 game. Not graphically, but it seems like a game that would have been made in that era.

lol so i guess i wasnt the only one that thought that

I love SciFi JRPGs but I really wish they they stop messing around and take it to the next level.I want to see a big budget scifi JRPG that isn't filled with cheesy dialog and characters. I want to see the character design taken out of the 90's..I'm replaying The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect series right now and the character design and costumes are fucking amazing. I know Japanese developers can do this and I would like to see it.