Nintendo's NES Is Returning to Stores With Mini Version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@silversix_ said:

This thing will outsell their WiiU LOL

And will outsell the PS4 Neo LOL

if its just a weaker version of the Scorpio, Ouya will outsell the Neo.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Not bad. I'd be a lot more interested in a SNES or N64 version though.

Same, I missed SNES and N64 has my favourite game on it. Sony and Sega should do one.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Nintendo Answers Questions About The Mini Nintendo Entertainment System

The Official Mini NES Website Has Opened

http://gonintendo.com/stories/261446-mini-nes-official-site-open

http://gonintendo.com/system/file_uploads/uploads/000/015/877/original/nes-classic-edition.png

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Hmm, not sure how to feel about this.

Firstly, I don't want another system on my shelves, no matter how small it is. My TV is already in want of more HDMI inputs, and I've no space for any sized machine nor its controller on my shelves. Nintendo already has a perfectly viable avenue for retro disbursement: the VC. Now the video notes that the games you can buy on there would amount to $150 where here you can get them for $60......well......I think that's more a testament to Nintendo's obtuseness/stubbornness in pricing. I perhaps would be willing to concede to that disparity in cost for convenience's sake, especially if those games resided under a proper account system that I could transfer to any Nintendo mainline console.

That's a value worthy of such a difference. Maybe I'd be a little bit more keen on this idea if Nintendo sold just a NES controller with all these games stored on a flash drive within it (and update-able) as to be able to take their retro portable everywhere. I mean, what's going to happen with this? For the games it comes with, if it's not able to be updated, will we be required to buy another mini-NES in the future with another 30 games? Their NES legacy is quite big.

How many mini-NESes will we be required to purchase to fully get these retro games? This just seems like a poor, exploitative, and limited model to me.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@MirkoS77: You can also plug it up using a usb plug, its pretty cool.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Is it confirmed that it won't accept old Nes cartridges? Cuz that's a big deal to me. Otherwise awesome idea and I hope they do this with the snes too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@vaidream45 said:

Is it confirmed that it won't accept old Nes cartridges? Cuz that's a big deal to me. Otherwise awesome idea and I hope they do this with the snes too.

Yep, no cartridges. Makes sense, the system itself isn't too much bigger than a NES cartridge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I will definitely be buying this.

Even if I hardly ever play it, for only $60 it is worth buying just to have as a cool collectible item on my shelf plus I also love that I will get an authentic NES controller that I can use to play Virtual Console games on my Wii U.

I also want to support this so that we see more retro stuff like this in the future. I'll be even more excited for a mini SNES and mini N64, but for that to happen, this needs to sell well first.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#109 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Jeez they really think their fanbase is stupid. Is this supposed to distract from the lack of new games for Wii U this fall?

It has nothing to do with that. It's clearly a means of getting people to pay for ROM's that they download to their Android phones for free. All Nintendo has to do is preload this thing with the ENTIRE console's catalogue and they'd have a monster hit on their hands.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#110  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Yeah, no. If it had a cartridge slot, I'd be all over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

These are the ones im gonna be playing

• Castlevania
  • Dr. Mario
  • Excitebike
  • Final Fantasy
  • Mario Bros.
  • Mega Man 2
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • The Legend of Zelda

These are ones that should have been switched

• Double Dragon II: The Revenge (This should be the original the second isn't even that good)
  • Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest (This should be Castlevania 3, 2 sucked.)
  • Super C (This should have been original contra)
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (This should have been Mike Tyson edition LOVE that guy)

Heres ones that should have been included

Blades of Steel

Ice Hockey

That wrestling game with the green alien

Black Bass Fishing

Duck Tales

Battletoads

RC Pro Am

Megaman 3

TMNT 1-2

Chip N Dale

Dark Wing Duck

Baseball Stars

Batman

Adventure Island 1-2

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Vaidream45

@ConanTheStoner: bummer. In that case 30 games is a little shitty. 800mb can hold every single NES game. At least the game selection is good though.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#113 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@neatfeatguy said:

The mini console thing would need all the Dragon Warrior games, plus Contra to get my money. I'd even dish out the cash for a second controller if Contra was there.

Super C is a Contra game. Super C is Super Contra. You can check youtube for that.

Super C is the crappy version. I've played it and didn't like it. Super C is not Contra.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

Even though I just got the Hi Def NES kit (gives HDMI output and up scaling to NES, includes Hq2x filter) I'll still probably buy one of these.

@emgesp: I don't think a simple rewire will work. Original NES controllers store the button state in a shift register which has its contents pumped out to the NES when input is read. Wiimote controller plug uses I2C serial communication protocol. You would need a microcontroller to interface the new controller to an NES. Raphnet might make an adapter that would work. Hope I understood your idea.

May be easier to restore an original NES controller using parts from these new controllers.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@neatfeatguy said:
@GameboyTroy said:
@neatfeatguy said:

The mini console thing would need all the Dragon Warrior games, plus Contra to get my money. I'd even dish out the cash for a second controller if Contra was there.

Super C is a Contra game. Super C is Super Contra. You can check youtube for that.

Super C is the crappy version. I've played it and didn't like it. Super C is not Contra.

Super C is a sequel and its very good.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By emgesp

@achilles614 said:

Even though I just got the Hi Def NES kit (gives HDMI output and up scaling to NES, includes Hq2x filter) I'll still probably buy one of these.

@emgesp: I don't think a simple rewire will work. Original NES controllers store the button state in a shift register which has its contents pumped out to the NES when input is read. Wiimote controller plug uses I2C serial communication protocol. You would need a microcontroller to interface the new controller to an NES. Raphnet might make an adapter that would work. Hope I understood your idea.

May be easier to restore an original NES controller using parts from these new controllers.

Yeah, at the end of the day I could still use the shells, buttons and rubber conductive pads. Hopefully original NES controller motherboards will fit.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 emgesp

If this isn't good enough for some of you guys don't forget to check out RetroUSB's AVS console. It's an FPGA based console that replicates original NES hardware with very high accuracy. It does not use software emulation like Retron 5. It also has two cartridge slots for both NES/Famicom games, 720p output via HDMI and will retail for around $180.

Loading Video...
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

My TV doesn't have a USB plug. Suppose I could use it with my PC monitor....

Regardless, this doesn't address my other concerns. Why would I want to hook up another system to my TV monitor that is restricted to 30 games (of which I can download no more), when I could get them all through Nintendo's mainline? Also, how many of this mini-NESes do you see them releasing? According to Wiki, there are 679 North American NES games. Of course they'll be releasing probably only notable releases, so let's be generous and half that number and then divide it by 30, that's still 11 mini-NESes to buy.

I am just failing to see the sense in this. It's not practical.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#119 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

they should make a thing where you can hook a NES cartridge up to it

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MirkoS77

Just a few questions:

1) with the size of flash cards, why is the tiny system necessary? Why couldn't all the games have been placed into the controller that hooks up to a TV via HDMI, and have any secondary controller plug into the first one? What is the need for the mini-NES at all?

2) why is it not compatible with the e-shop or the ROMs updatable? This is a closed retro system. What is the benefit of doing this?

Am I missing something? This doesn't make any sense to me. I'd like to attribute that to "it's just Nintendo", but everybody seems to be enraptured by this idea.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#121  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@koko-goal:

Not everyone thinks alike. I will buy one because I like to collect, and because my brain does not like to play what I do not own, especially if it's not authentic. I do not even purposefully listen to music unless I own it in some form, which is why I have a rather large, bought music collection.

@ProtossRushX:

Nintendo does not reissue the Mike Tyson version of Punch-Out, probably due to the sexual assault case surrounding Tyson.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 emgesp

@MirkoS77 said:

Just a few questions:

1) with the size of flash cards, why is the tiny system necessary? Why couldn't all the games have been placed into the controller that hooks up to a TV via HDMI, and have any secondary controller plug into the first one? What is the need for the mini-NES at all?

2) why is it not compatible with the e-shop or the ROMs updatable? This is a closed retro system. What is the benefit of doing this?

Am I missing something? This doesn't make any sense to me. I'd like to attribute that to "it's just Nintendo", but everybody seems to be enraptured by this idea.

1. Nostalgia factor.

2. To not cannibalize e-shop too much. "If you want more choice please buy our NX."

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@iandizion713 said:

Regardless, this doesn't address my other concerns. Why would I want to hook up another system to my TV monitor that is restricted to 30 games (of which I can download no more), when I could get them all through Nintendo's mainline? Also, how many of this mini-NESes do you see them releasing? According to Wiki, there are 679 North American NES games. Of course they'll be releasing probably only notable releases, so let's be generous and half that number and then divide it by 30, that's still 11 mini-NESes to buy.

The idea of these retro consoles is never to have the "complete library". It probably mostly for parents, who might have had these systems themselves, to be able to buy a cheap system for their kids to get the "retro experience". The retro NES can be especially as successful at that, just because it actually looks like a mini NES. This is primarily aimed at people who might not even be keen to modern consoles, or the idea of "virtual console". This is something that can tangibly be put on a store shelf and offer 30 legit games (even if they are emulated ROm, they are not pirated ROM). It's an easy plug'n play package.

Personally, I think being an official Nintendo product, it's also of at least some interest to collectors or fans even if they ARE up to date with modern consoles.

There is no way in hell they would release 11 volumes of this thing, that's silly. If it's successful, I could see them re-releasing a "volume 2" version, or perhaps an upgrade with 100 games instead of 30. But they are never going to do a complete library, if not just because the licensing and legal would probably be impossible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Also, how many of this mini-NESes do you see them releasing? According to Wiki, there are 679 North American NES games. Of course they'll be releasing probably only notable releases, so let's be generous and half that number and then divide it by 30, that's still 11 mini-NESes to buy.

I strongly doubt that they will be releasing anymore mini NESes with a different set of games after this one. A complete library is not the point of this. They will probably move on to a mini SNES after this.

@MirkoS77 said:

Because I think a lot of the appeal to this is that it is just a really cool collectible item to have and it will look awesome sitting on your shelf. Just having a controller that hooks up to the TV would not be as cool of a collectible item.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MirkoS77

@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Just a few questions:

1. Nostalgia factor.

2. To not cannibalize e-shop too much. "If you want more choice please buy our NX."

1. People who are nostalgic towards Nintendo are older and more than likely already own a system (such as the Wii or the U) that affords them means to exploit the retro scene. Those that aren't are children, and they couldn't give a shit less about a little box that brings back fond memories to their parents. This box is going to be have to be hooked up to a TV. Will it require batteries, and A/C, or will HDMI power it enough? It just seems if it's for nostalgia, Nintendo seems to be overlooking that those people that are nostalgic are more than likely Nintendo customers, and those that aren't won't care about an intermediary that serves no purpose except to arise memories that are non-existent.

2. I can understand that. As it stands though, each of these games are $3, below the price of what is on the e-shop, so cannibalization is happening regardless. I'm surprised Nintendo (of all companies) is alright with this.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 MirkoS77

@2Chalupas said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@iandizion713 said:

The idea of these retro consoles is never to have the "complete library". It probably mostly for parents, who might have had these systems themselves, to be able to buy a cheap system for their kids to get the "retro experience". The retro NES can be especially as successful at that, just because it actually looks like a mini NES. This is primarily aimed at people who might not even be keen to modern consoles, or the idea of "virtual console". This is something that can tangibly be put on a store shelf and offer 30 legit games (even if they are emulated ROm, they are not pirated ROM). It's an easy plug'n play package.

Personally, I think being an official Nintendo product, it's also of at least some interest to collectors or fans even if they ARE up to date with modern consoles.

There is no way in hell they would release 11 volumes of this thing, that's silly. If it's successful, I could see them re-releasing a "volume 2" version, or perhaps an upgrade with 100 games instead of 30. But they are never going to do a complete library, if not just because the licensing and legal would probably be impossible.

Yea, I suppose I could see this aimed at the casual market. That's true, also a good introductory package for the kids, but even so, as for the nostalgia like I mentioned to emg, it caters to those memories of the old guard that kids don't know or care about.

@storm_of_swords: valid points. They bring out a SNES, maybe I'LL pick one up.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By emgesp

@MirkoS77 said:
@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Just a few questions:

1. Nostalgia factor.

1. People who are nostalgic towards Nintendo are older and more than likely already own a system (such as the Wii or the U) that affords them means to exploit the retro scene. Those that aren't are children, and they couldn't give a shit less about a little box that brings back fond memories to their parents. This box is going to be have to be hooked up to a TV. Will it require batteries, and A/C, or will HDMI power it enough? It just seems if it's for nostalgia, Nintendo seems to be overlooking that those people that are nostalgic are more than likely Nintendo customers, and those that aren't won't care about an intermediary that serves no purpose except to arise memories that are non-existent.

2. I can understand that. As it stands though, each of these games are $3, below the price of what is on the e-shop, so cannibalization is happening regardless. I'm surprised Nintendo (of all companies) is alright with this.

1. It's simply a cheap and very convenient way to enjoy some classic NES games. You can't underestimate the appeal of plug n play devices such as this. It's gonna sell like hotcakes.

2. Well, a lot of people who buy this would have never bought a Wii U in the first place, so not really cannibalizing. Just another outlet to sell classic NES games.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#128 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

That's interesting and kind of tempting but:

1. Why no Star Tropics 2? Liked that one as much as the first game.

2. ewww Simon's Quest, Ghost and Goblins, and Zelda II

3. Seems kind of weird to not have the first Double Dragon game. First Megaman? I'd say the game with the first Contra game, but the first COntra has never appeared on the Virtual console while Super C has so I'm guessing there's a reason for that.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#129 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Nice try Nintendo. I already have Animal Crossing on GCN.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MirkoS77

@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@emgesp said:

1. Nostalgia factor.

1. It's simply a cheap and very convenient way to enjoy some classic NES games. You can't underestimate the appeal of plug n play devices such as this. It's gonna sell like hotcakes.

2. Well, a lot of people who buy this would have never bought a Wii U in the first place, so not really cannibalizing. Just another outlet to sell classic NES games.

1. But it's not a convenient way. It's a whole system to hook up. If it were plug and play (as just a controller as I mentioned), that'd be cool. It seem unnecessary the way it is.

2. As I said, understandable.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Vaidream45

@MirkoS77: sounds more like u would enjoy an nes emulator better. I sure do. Plus i get to use a ps4 controller and better filters for the games so they look better. I think Nintendo is trying to complete with emulators but this won't cut it. This may work on the not so tech savvy people though. Could be fun for some people.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#132 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Is this real life?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 emgesp

@MirkoS77 said:
@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@emgesp said:

1. Nostalgia factor.

1. But it's not a convenient way. It's a whole system to hook up. If it were plug and play (as just a controller as I mentioned), that'd be cool. It seem unnecessary the way it is.

Convenient meaning you plug everything in and it works. You don't have to setup an online connection, search for games, type in credit card information, wait for downloading/installing, etc.....

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#134 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Already Pre-Ordered. Super Excited. This is the Nintendo console I missed out on but always wanted.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

LOL NUMBER 1.:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bsnr_tab_t_bs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/new-releases/videogames/ref=s9_acsd_ri_bw_clnk?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=HSJE53MWB1BDRJ2CP36Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=819960387&pf_rd_i=3472451_p0_h

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

What a great idea to make the controller ports the same as the Wii-motes. I'm glad to hear that Nintendo themselves are making this instead of outsourcing like Sega did what that turd Genesis console. Nintendo seems to be a roll lately with Pokémon Go ( I know not much of a game but uber popular) and now this. I never expected them to enter the retro market because, well, that makes too much sense.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#137 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

If there is eventually a way to load every nes rom onto this then I'll get one.

@foxhound_fox said:
@jcrame10 said:

Jeez they really think their fanbase is stupid. Is this supposed to distract from the lack of new games for Wii U this fall?

It has nothing to do with that. It's clearly a means of getting people to pay for ROM's that they download to their Android phones for free. All Nintendo has to do is preload this thing with the ENTIRE console's catalogue and they'd have a monster hit on their hands.

But then that makes their whole VC seem like a rip off. The average joe probably doesn't even know emulators and roms exist.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MirkoS77

@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Convenient meaning you plug everything in and it works. You don't have to setup an online connection, search for games, type in credit card information, wait for downloading/installing, etc.....

Ok, I can see the market for this. It's more for casual Nintendo prospects than the core dedicated fans. Like those who've not owned their systems since the SNES or N64. I was viewing it more from a core standpoint.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By MirkoS77

@vaidream45 said:

@MirkoS77: sounds more like u would enjoy an nes emulator better. I sure do. Plus i get to use a ps4 controller and better filters for the games so they look better. I think Nintendo is trying to complete with emulators but this won't cut it. This may work on the not so tech savvy people though. Could be fun for some people.

I won't say anything about if I do emulation as I think I'd be risking crossing the ToU, but there's definitely that factor for those that do. They're benefits all around going that route. I don't know if they're trying to compete, like you say who they're targeting here is the casuals who can't be bothered to jump through the hoops to get emulation working.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Plus emulation sucks, is illegal, and steals from hard working families. It has no respect for law and order.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@MirkoS77: Plus emulation sucks, is illegal, and steals from hard working families. It has no respect for law and order.

I suspect you've never emulated saying it sucks, but there's arguments for both sides. I buy all the games that I play, but see no moral wrongdoing in emulating for convenience's sake IF you've already paid for a legit copy of the game.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Any unauthorized playing of Nintendos content is illegal. They own the rights to all their content. Doesnt matter if you own some of Nintendos content or not, your still not entitled to steal from them.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@MirkoS77: Any unauthorized playing of Nintendos content is illegal. They own the rights to all their content.

As I own a license to use that content upon payment.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Show me how you own the license, you must be rich now. When you buy content from Nintendo it is license for intended use, not unauthorized use. Any unauthorized use, is illegal.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By MirkoS77

@iandizion713 said:

@MirkoS77: So me how you own the license, you must be rich now. You own no rights. When you buy content from Nintendo it is license for intended use, not unauthorized use. Any unauthorized use, is illegal.

......which is why I said, "but see no moral wrongdoing in emulating for convenience's sake IF you've already paid for a legit copy of the game."

Of course my position wouldn't stand up in a court of law, but that's not what I'm arguing. I'm saying I hold no moral compunctions once I've paid for a game playing it through means outside of the law, especially because when a ROM is taken, it's simply duplicating. No one is losing anything because I've already paid for it.

Believe me, I'm one of the most vehement opponents to piracy, but do hold the belief that if you've paid for that particular software, there is no harm being done to the makers in having a copy for personal use.

If there is, I'd love to hear it aside from, "it's just illegal".

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By iandizion713

@MirkoS77: Its wrong because its not intended use. Its gives Nintendo a bad rep and helps continue to steal from families. Its promotes the concept of unauthorized usage.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Yikes, Nintendo could polish a turd and many of you will buy it. No wonder they never lower the prices on their games and launch weak consoles. Greedy sum biatches but I suppose I can't blame'em, fools and their money and all that jazz. :P

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By iandizion713

@SecretPolice: Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and Super Mario 3D World are $19.99. Nintendo has done cheap Nintendo Selects since Gameboy with Pokemon Red/Blue/Green, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#149 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

It's overpriced, really.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@iandizion713:

Still $10..00 too much. lol

Seriously tho , I knew if I got a response from anyone on that post it would be you. :P