Nintendo STOP making your games too easy!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

Ok. I just defeated the 5th boss in Twilight Princess w/o even using up a bottle of Red Chu Jelly or Fairy. The dungeon exploration was top-notch only to end up fighting a wimpy boss at the end. :|

NSMB (3+ :|) , Zelda:PH, Zelda:TP, SMS, (and some say, SMG - havent played it yet) these are games that would have been better if Nintendo increased the difficulty by at least 3-4 notches (even just in bosses).

In comparison to older games in the series, the new ones are practically a walk in the park. (i recently played a SB series in my GBA)

Victims of Nintendo's new demographics or not?

Discuss.

With poll.

waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

you are paranoiac

zelda TP was a big mistake, but all the other games from nintendo aren't so bad
(of course if you played dunkey kong kongo race, or something like that, i will be crap/easy because it's casual gamer oriented)

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nitekids2004

you are paranoiac

zelda TP was a big mistake, but all the other games from nintendo aren't so bad
(of course if you played dunkey kong kongo race, or something like that, i will be crap/easy because it's casual gamer oriented)

waza000

NSMB was easy as hell as well. ;)

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Wind waker was also easy.

And that came put waay before Nintendo adopted the whole casual mindset..

That being said...a game doesn't need to be hard to be a quality game.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
get fire emblem or play metriod prime 3 on its hardest difficulty
Lone_wolf_120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lone_wolf_120
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
There not just easy but short i mean i'd buy a game for my ds, go home all excited then id beat it in like 3-8 hours then i get bord of it and save up for a new game.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#7 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Most games these days on every system are way too easy.
Lone_wolf_120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lone_wolf_120
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
Yeah it doesnt have to be hard but when i buy a game i want a challenge.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
Actually most nintendo games are harder than a lot of the other games these days, also longer. And i played through Oot on the VC (never played it before may i add) and i didnt find it that much harder than TP. Wind Waker on the other hand...
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nitekids2004

Wind waker was also easy.

And that came put waay before Nintendo adopted the whole casual mindset..

That being said...a game doesn't need to be hard to be a quality game.

Shinobishyguy

Yeah. But a game that's too easy does not really give u that much of a satisfacton either.

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
I would rather have an easy game then an insanly difficult game, but thats just me.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

The Elite Beat Agents (erm...Divas) and their Japanese counterparts (you might just recognize the music) will teach you to FEAR HARD ROCK!!!

Edit: Pun intended. 8)

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nitekids2004

The Elite Beat Agents (erm...Divas) and their Japanese counterparts (you might just recognize the music) will teach you to FEAR HARD ROCK!!!Technoweirdo

Yeah. Those games are hard :P can't get past the last stage in maniac (the one w/ cheerleaders) in the *** one. Past that kind of difficulty - i can't probably tolerate. However, the normal and hard settings were fun. It gives u a great challenge as well as enough satisfaction.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
As far as Zelda is concerned I think that you percieve it as easier since a lot of the puzzles and boss weaknesses are similar to other Zelda, so you already no how to beat them.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts

Twilight Princess was pretty easy. Never died in that game.

That being said, Metroid Prime 3 and SMG (the last quarter) offer some hefty challenges.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts
because they are mostly for kids... although i would like them to make them a bit harder.
Fiji-Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fiji-Water
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

am I the only one that finds Smash Bros to be really easy?

Ive never played a smash bros game in my life up until this one that just came out....and after like 5 rounds I put it on the hardest difficulty (9) just to see it....and I ended up winning :|

so what the hell...

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
If you think Nintendo games are easy, play Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on Insanity difficulty.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
try playing everything in brawl on intense mode. youll regret your words
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

am I the only one that finds Smash Bros to be really easy?

Ive never played a smash bros game in my life up until this one that just came out....and after like 5 rounds I put it on the hardest difficulty (9) just to see it....and I ended up winning :|

so what the hell...

Fiji-Water
Play against real people. Computer AI is never really a challenge in games unless they cheat..
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#21 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
It's not about the difficulty... ok if that boss had done 100% more damage with his attacks and had 50% more health, so you got low on life and used a healing potion and got back to full life... would it have been any funner? People obsess about this whole "difficulty" thing, but as long as it's fun, I don't care how hard it is.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

hell...games in general are easier than they used to be.

Look at DMC4 and compare it to DMC3. It's way easier.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nitekids2004

It's not about the difficulty... ok if that boss had done 100% more damage with his attacks and had 50% more health, so you got low on life and used a healing potion and got back to full life... would it have been any funner? People obsess about this whole "difficulty" thing, but as long as it's fun, I don't care how hard it is.death919

Your right.. boosting the boss' damage by 100% would make it more interesting (i had 8 hearts, it deals 1 hearts, and there are alot of pots lying around making its attack completley useless).. It would be better if they would add more variations.

You prolly havnt played TP, else, you'll be dissapointed.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nitekids2004

If you think Nintendo games are easy, play Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on Insanity difficulty.MetroidPrimePwn

iv'e played that game before (though not on that setting), if it's not harder than the FE on gba, then its probably easy. FE games are generally easy. Especially once you get the hang of it. It's tedious to keep all characters 100% alive though since a simple mistake may prompt u to restart because of a killed character. BUt overall, FE games are not hard (past the 100% survival rate).

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

they are somewhat easier, but also:

you are getting more and more experienced inn those games.... don't count that out....

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nitekids2004

As far as Zelda is concerned I think that you percieve it as easier since a lot of the puzzles and boss weaknesses are similar to other Zelda, so you already no how to beat them.General_X

I dont know..bu i felt TP, in general, is easy. Ex. the boss' attack deals 1 heart. I have 8 eharts. Apart from that, I have 1 Chu Jelly Potion and another Fairy Bottle. THe room itself is filled with pots (that gives 1 heart). The boss takes about 6-8 hits to go down (its attack patterns are almost similar w/ only a few variations). The first few attacks are practically "free" so to speak. (and its the boss where you use the top - a pretty unique one).

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nitekids2004

try playing everything in brawl on intense mode. youll regret your wordsair_wolf_cubed

well.. if Zelda/Mario had Difficulty settings i would probably try them out to. And i will lower it down dpending on my "level" of skill if it's too hard and if i don't have time.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]If you think Nintendo games are easy, play Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on Insanity difficulty.nitekids2004

iv'e played that game before (though not on that setting), if it's not harder than the FE on gba, then its probably easy. FE games are generally easy. Especially once you get the hang of it. It's tedious to keep all characters 100% alive though since a simple mistake may prompt u to restart because of a killed character. BUt overall, FE games are not hard (past the 100% survival rate).

it got the punishingly difficult emblem on gs. im pretty sure its hard
Dion4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dion4ever
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts
I don't care about difficulty that much, besides hardly any games are difficult now days, except for racing ones here and there and a few others. I can't wait to vs you in Super Smash Bros Brawl when I get it and if you get it. Then you'll know if you want difficulty or not!
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Then go play Fire Emblem. GS also docked AW : DOR points because of high difficulty. I find pretty much all games easy anyways.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I don't care about difficulty that much, besides hardly any games are difficult now days, except for racing ones here and there and a few others. I can't wait to vs you in Super Smash Bros Brawl when I get it and if you get it. Then you'll know if you want difficulty or not! Dion4ever
i've noticed that brawl's AI is a big improvement over the AI in melee. Those 'nasty' cpu drones can really deliver some pain!

fishfake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fishfake
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

get F-zero for the gamecube if you want a challenge ! its one of the hardest games too beat

ssbb is an other games where its very difficult too get everything complete

FE maybe but i never played it

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18253 Posts

Zelda TP was a huge disappointment in the boss department, they were truly a joke, they never killed me, although the dungeons are somehow challenging this game needs a little bit of difficulty.

SMG has some hard moments, but overall is quite easy.

If you want a true challenge go for MP3 and FE.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

people forget they played these games over and over. even with different variations and some new gameplay elements, you are still an experienced player....

on the other hand, nintendo should know this and has to make a decision: do we make it more challenging for the fans, or slightly the same so newcomers still have a chance at the game... it's difficult to find a balance i think.

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

Unfortunately, statistics show that more people prefer easy games than hard ones. The obvious answer is to include plenty of difficulty options, but for some reason developers are using them less and less. I mean, it doesn't have to be a complete overhaul of the game. All you have to do is double the amount of damage the player takes, and hey presto! A new difficulty setting.

I would really like to see this happen to Zelda. Imagine if you could set the difficulty so high that the game was practically impossible unless you collected every single heart piece... that would be so awesome.

STUPID DEVS WAKE UP AND GIVE US DIFFICULTY SETTINGS!

Dion4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dion4ever
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts

[QUOTE="Dion4ever"]I don't care about difficulty that much, besides hardly any games are difficult now days, except for racing ones here and there and a few others. I can't wait to vs you in Super Smash Bros Brawl when I get it and if you get it. Then you'll know if you want difficulty or not! GunSmith1_basic

i've noticed that brawl's AI is a big improvement over the AI in melee. Those 'nasty' cpu drones can really deliver some pain!

Thanks for supporting me!
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#37 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
Try Japan Version Of Fire Emblem rd Are Hard Are There Easy
ballistic3188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ballistic3188
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]The Elite Beat Agents (erm...Divas) and their Japanese counterparts (you might just recognize the music) will teach you to FEAR HARD ROCK!!!nitekids2004

Yeah. Those games are hard :P can't get past the last stage in maniac (the one w/ cheerleaders) in the *** one. Past that kind of difficulty - i can't probably tolerate. However, the normal and hard settings were fun. It gives u a great challenge as well as enough satisfaction.

throw in trauma center as well. good god is that hard..

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Zelda games have always been easy to me. I dont think that's nintendo as a whole. Just Zelda games.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It's more like "game developers stop making your games too easy."

No game from any developer on any system provides a true challenge anymore.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

With boss battles, it's difficult, it's either easy or unfair. For the most part, Nintendo's games simply have a very shallow learning curve, but TP was fairly easy. That being said, any parts that were remotely challenging were also incredibly fun.

Also, almost all new games are easier than old games. That's mainly because of the level of detail in newer games.