Nintendo haters are the ones blinded by nostalgia

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

People always accuse of Nintendo making the "same" game over and over and most of them have fond memories of the NES, SNES, and maybe N64. Most of them say Nintendo "used" to be good.

Reading this, what does it tell you? Nostalgia.

They refuse to see and play the new Nintendo games. Without really playing them they think right away it's the same game from the past. They deem people buying the new Nintendo games, controlled by nostalgia, when they themselves always think of the past Nintendo. How ironic.

Someone who isn't controlled by nostalgia but by familiarity will be open to the new Nintendo games and excited to find out what has evolved and what is new to the franchises. He wouldn't think much of the past games but see the new games by themselves in modern standards.

Just like OoT and SS. OoT may have had a great impact to a lot of people when it came out but to someone not blinded by nostalgia, SS or even TP surpasses it. OoT hasn't really aged well. I have just played OoT this gen for the very first time and although the game is great I do not find it to be breathtaking.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

yeah. nintendo has a bunch of ip's, but ironically those who accuse nintendo of running on nostalgia only remember the nostalgiac franchises.

it's a weird thing to talk about eh? kind of circular. But I get what you mean. Nintendo has more than just Mario, it has Professor Layton and heaps of other franchises.

But I suppose the biggest brand power belongs to Mario, Link, et al.

All in all it's a very interesting argument and I neither agree nor disagree. I remember Charizard making a thread once where he named heaps of Nintendo franchises which were not mario, link, et al. But mario et al exist and nostalgia is probably a part of their appeal to some users.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Lordlors, I love reading your threads. Your doses of smartness, along with a few others, keep me coming back to this place.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

You like playing nintendo games enough to spend 300 bucks on a dead system good for your buddy.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

You like playing nintendo games enough to spend 300 bucks on a dead system good for your buddy.

If he is playing Nintendo games on it, how is it a dead system, especially it what people want out of a Nintendo system.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@psymon100 said:

yeah. nintendo has a bunch of ip's, but ironically those who accuse nintendo of running on nostalgia only remember the nostalgiac franchises.

it's a weird thing to talk about eh? kind of circular. But I get what you mean. Nintendo has more than just Mario, it has Professor Layton and heaps of other franchises.

All in all it's a very interesting argument and I neither agree nor disagree. I remember Charizard making a thread once where he named heaps of Nintendo franchises which were not mario, link, et al. But mario et al exist and nostalgia is probably a part of their appeal to some users.

Only delusional sheep would agree with this nonsensical and desperate thread. Just look at this guy... He thinks Professor Layton is a Nintendo IP... ^

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

This post raises an interesting point that I had never thought of before. I like this post.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psymon100

@Gue1 said:

@psymon100 said:

Only delusional sheep would agree with this nonsensical and desperate thread. Just look at this guy... He thinks Professor Layton is a Nintendo IP... ^

A list of current and major console manufacturers. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo.

On which consoles can one find the Professor Layton games?

Wikipedia has the answer: - Nintendo. Does any other console 'have' Professor Layton? The answer is no. What are you up to Gue1? Can I expect an apology from you?

Why would your words have any effect on me Gue1? You are a well known Playstation fanboy, whose bias has been demonstrated before. If you're upset about that, then perhaps you should behave in a less biased manner.

A sheep? Incorrect.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I too find it Ironic when Nintendo Bashers Bash Nintendo for not being Nintendo.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

A link to the past was amazing, Ocarina of Time was amazing, about 12 years later i finally got around to buying a Wii and played Twilight Princess and liked it alot.....i had to force myself to beat Skyward Sword, it's not in the same league as those other games, it's in the same league as Pandora's Tower.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Good analysis lordlors. That's about right.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Oh my god, this thread is full of BS to DCing the fact one poster though Professor Layton was a Nintendo Ip.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AznbkdX

@crimsonman1245: Not everything will be your cup of tea. Hell... you may even lose enthusiasm for their franchises in general even if you played through them so this analysis may be useless to some.

I think his stance on nostalgia is good if you stay relatively up to date on most of their games as opposed to just picking out the oldest game as the pinnacle and calling it a day just because you don't pick up any of the newer ones for whatever reason. It's fine to slack off a little on most franchises that go annually or haven't had such a large history, but I've always thought it silly to have that same train of thought on a franchise that normally goes from console to console (which admittedly aren't many aside from Ninty franchises).

Sorry kind of rambled, but yeah...

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

The problem for me is, that while these games will be good, they will only last 10-20 hours... and no your right, im not a completionist in platformers or zelda... I will do the FUN extras, but not all the grindy ones (E.G collect every single heart peice... WHY BOTHER.) then... the system collects dust for a year or 2 until the next one.

Nintendo games don't have staying power. I think the only example of a half decent online/competitive experience with the Wii was Mario Kart Wii.

Have they announced any multiplayer news for Smash Bros U yet? if its not up to par with the other consoles (Usernames, stats, rankings(even mario kart style) possibly matchmaking ... or at least a clean, tidy robust online experiance) I will not be buying a wii-u at all.

Oh sure... playing through the mario games with the girlfreind or when freinds come around to our place would be "fun" once or twice... but just not enough.

not enough for £250 + £50 for each extra wiimote + nunchuck... and then £40 nintendo games that never go down in value.

just no.

anybodykilla15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anybodykilla15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

those people who hate Nintendo,

are still the ones that think graphics make a good game,

or call of duty gets better everytime after mw2

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AznbkdX

@Jakandsigz: A hiccup in that regard. It happens to the best of us. Not entirely sure what that has to do with lordlors analysis.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jakandsigz

@AznbkdX said:

@Jakandsigz: A hiccup in that regard. It happens to the best of us. Not entirely sure what that has to do with lordlors analysis.

More to do that his whole post is a random assumption based more off people of this site then reality which is mostly the opposite. He also did not give a general category of WHAT they are hating. The whole company? The games? what just hating nintendo for hating nintendo? Make no sense.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AznbkdX

@Jakandsigz: Well everything is a random assumption. Keep in mind that all we have here is a hive of gamers with opinions. Its the only logical sample until something more concrete that should be used comes up. If that is shown then we can question lordlors remark more accurately. Otherwise its all based on us.

Still don't understand what the error with Layton is all about. Just another pointless remark I guess.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jakandsigz

@AznbkdX said:

@Jakandsigz: Well everything is a random assumption. Keep in mind that all we have here is a hive of gamers with opinions. Its the only logical sample until something more concrete that should be used comes up.

Still don't understand what the error with Layton is all about. Just another pointless remark I guess.

Pointless remark? You are failing to defend the TC as the other guy did making mistakes. Like thinking that the same fanboyisms that have always been on this board is not a :"logical sample" it's not logical at all. Explain how it is? You are excluding conditions that can screw with results.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psymon100
@Jakandsigz said:

Oh my god, this thread is full of BS to DCing the fact one poster though Professor Layton was a Nintendo Ip.

I don't understand what the problem is with what I said. I didn't say Professor Layton's intellectual property is owned by Nintendo, I said Nintendo 'has' Professor Layton.

Does Microsoft? No.

Does Sony? No.

In the context of this thread I'm not sure what the problem is. Nintendo have made the game available on their systems, and you can't get it on other systems.

And really I said what I said because it's an example that made sense based on the TC's OP.

If people aren't seeing beyond nostalgiac franchises like Mario and Zelda, chances are they aren't seeing Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Professor Layton - games like that which are also available only on Nintendo systems.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 psymon100

@psymon100 said:
@Jakandsigz said:

I don't understand what the problem is with what I said. I didn't say Professor Layton's intellectual property is owned by Nintendo, I said Nintendo 'has' Professor Layton.

Does Microsoft? No.

Does Sony? No.

In the context of this thread I'm not sure what the problem is. Nintendo have made the game available on their systems, and you can't get it on other systems.

And really I said what I said because it's an example that made sense based on the TC's OP.

If people aren't seeing beyond nostalgiac franchises like Mario and Zelda, chances are they aren't seeing Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Professor Layton - games like that which are also available only on Nintendo systems.

I see you making other threads. I would really appreciate a response from you Mr @Jakandsigz.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

other way around the people who support nintendo are blinded by nostalga seriously how many mario games is gonna convince you. I've Havant been excited about a nintendo game since brawl and twilight princess (which is amazing BTW)

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jakandsigz

@psymon100 said:
@Jakandsigz said:

Does Microsoft? No.

Does Sony? No.

Dude this is a spin. You said it was a Nintenodo Franchise. That only applies to one thing in context. Saying in the context of this thread makes even less sense when

1.He was talking about nintendo Ips

2. IN YOUR POST YOU SAID "yeah. nintendo has a bunch of ip's, but ironically those who accuse nintendo of running on nostalgia only remember the nostalgiac franchises."

Nintendo has more than just Mario, it has Professor Layton

But I understand what you were TRYING to say, but you did not put it out correctly but I get what you are trying to say.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Great thread. I couldn't love the Wii, but I'm picking up a Wii U tax time next year and I'm going to catch up on some of the great games I missed on the Wii and play the great Wii U games that have been coming out.

I love nintendo. I loved the gamecube too, but I just couldn't like the Wii. I had a lot of fun playing RE4 with the Wii Mote and the Umbrella Chronicles. SMG was amazing. Virtual Console was my favorite part of the whole system. Should have kept the one I had, but I will be catching up with the Wii U.

The only thing that really upsets me is that I won't be able to redeem my old profile and the 30-40 or so VC games I bought while I had one.

EDIT: After reading that again I realize maybe I did really enjoy the Wii.. :O

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#25 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@kemar7856 said:

other way around the people who support nintendo are blinded by nostalga seriously how many mario games is gonna convince you. I've Havant been excited about a nintendo game since brawl and twilight princess (which is amazing BTW)

Tell me something, what is your favourite genre? What's the type of games you enjoy? Ever wonder why Mario survived for so long while other IPs in Mario's time fizzled out?

There is a good reason why Mario and Zelda is still around, and it's not because of nostalgia.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 psymon100

@Jakandsigz said:

@psymon100 said:
@Jakandsigz said:

Does Microsoft? No.

Does Sony? No.

Dude this is a spin. You said it was a Nintenodo Franchise. That only applies to one thing in context. Saying in the context of this thread makes even less sense when

1.He was talking about nintendo Ips

2. IN YOUR POST YOU SAID "yeah. nintendo has a bunch of ip's, but ironically those who accuse nintendo of running on nostalgia only remember the nostalgiac franchises."

Nintendo has more than just Mario, it has Professor Layton

But I understand what you were TRYING to say, but you did not put it out correctly but I get what you are trying to say.

First of all - thanks for responding. Secondly I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say. Thirdly, Yes, in hindsight I could have constructed the sentences better, making it quite clear that Nintendo has access to a bunch of games you can't get on other platforms - like Professor Layton.

I never said Professor Layton was a Nintendo intellectual property, and I would never have said that, because I know it's not true. I don't need to spin anything other than the implications of readers. But let's take your side here because it is more technically correct - if I'd written this more correctly, then there would be no possibility for implications. So you are right.

I guess this is the most confusing point for me. Check this out:

Notwithstanding the 'ownership' of the professor layton IP ... Which is the only console manufacturer on which these Prof. Layton games are found? Nintendo.

So ... even if I had made a completely wrong statement like "Professor Layton IP belongs to Iwata-san", it's still one of those 'new Nintendo games' that is largely forgotten about by the anti-Nintendo squad.

And why is it forgotten about? Probably because it's in Mario's shadow.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@ArisShadows said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

If he is playing Nintendo games on it, how is it a dead system, especially it what people want out of a Nintendo system.

When I was a kid I bought a dreamcast and it was great but it died before it's time due to lack of sales. It was tough to invest all that money in a platform and see it die. The reality is that Nintendo invested money in developing that wii u platform. Also it takes money to make games. It takes money to produce consoles. It takes money to run the online gaming platform/store ect.

Nintendo needs to move consoles and software to recoop that money. If the hardware is not selling the biz model breaks down and the system is not viable. I am pretty sure Nintendo thought worse case in a year they would have a 5 million console lead on the next gen consoles. They also had projected sales based on the numbers and invested money in games and software based on those numbers. Right now Nintendo is bleeding money. At last count Nintendo had just over 3 million consoles shipped. They maybe up to 3.5 million after the price drop and game bundles.

If Nintendo does not do good this holiday season the platform is dead. No major game developers will want to invest money on a platform with a tiny install base.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@lordlors: Skyward Sword did NOT Surpass OoT at all... I'm not blinded by nostalgia, I just hated all the padded puzzles and Fi for me to enjoy the game.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#29  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Ninty haters really don't udnerstand how much changes between installments in their big franchises. That's all I have to say.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#30 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Yeah SS is the worst 3D Zelda. The pacing was awful between dungeons and it squandered the overworld. It still had some awesome ideas though, ones that I'd like to see refined in future installments.

grove12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 grove12345
Member since 2003 • 895 Posts

Everyone i know that owns a Wii hasnt played it in like 4 years. That to me says enough

DS and 3ds on the other hand is a whole different enterprise

tsgamer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tsgamer82
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

To be honest Im buying a Wii U when they release a new Zelda, and not a Zelda HD remake either.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Nintendopologists refuse to accept the notion that Nintendo is fully capable of not living up to their brand name.

I have played enough of Nintendo's titles over the past decade. And sure the Galaxy? fucking amazing. But that doesn't mean that I imagined the uninspired nature of the new super mario bros games. I didn't imagine the padding, the poor controls, the slaves to tradition experience that was Skyward Sword, the poor drawn out opening of Twilight Princess, the fetch quests, the lack of anything meaningful and fresh done with the Zelda series. I did not imagine Other M being the mess of a Metroid game that was, or how Metroid Prime 3 streamlined Metroid Prime to the point of turning it into a straight up FPS. It may have had Metroid Prime flavoring everywhere.

Nor have I imagined that Mario kart is still very much a rubber band AI series, that's saving grace in recent years is features and it being on a handheld. Nor did I make up the notion that Brawl was a shallower game than Melee, that had balancing issues, a messy netcode, and oh yeah tripping.

I don't think anyone is against the notion that when Nintendo hits it out of the park, they really hit it out of the park. Few devs if any can compete with Nintendo on their A game, but they've been living up to their A game rarely. More often than not they've regressed with some of their franchises, if not out right throwing out some substantially boring duds.

But clearly having a criticism of anything Nintendo does, must clearly mean that you hate them.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Champ, you really got to play Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga sometime. One of the masterpieces of gaming and truly a 10/10 from me.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Or maybe people had a Wii and didn't like it ? i mean how many units did it sold again ? like 120 million...1 + 1 = 2 my friend. Gamespot is not the world.. in fact is probably the most incorrect significant view of anything community wise. Look at how many people buy the 3DS but won't touch the Nintendo console.. it has nothing to do with nostalgia. They're really can't be considered a proper video game console. Nintendo itself it's sinking it's own consoles just depending on mario and Zelda.. look how long has it been sinse the last Metroid game, and it wasn't even from them vs the Last Mario game... or Zelda.. hell a Zelda and mario just recently came out.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

interesting thesis

or maybe they are just outright close minded to nintendo and just give the stock criticism for all anti-nintendo stuff

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I can think of a lot of posters who tend to support the idea that "older Nintendo games were better" and rarely if ever do they talk about playing anything from new Nintendo. And when they do, they just write it off or try to justify why the older are better despite being more technically limited.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

It always amuses me how people will bash Nintendo for making the same game over and over, then turn around and by 4 Gears of War games, 4 Halos, 6 Assassins Creeds and 8 CoDs in a single generation without batting an eye.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#39  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

Honestly, based on what I'm seeing, I agree. I mean, I have no problem with criticism, but it's hilarious how people hate the company for sticking to their main IP's and not caring about powerful hardware, and yet go back and ramble on how Nintendo were gods in the NES/SNES era.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 psymon100

@judaspete said:

It always amuses me how people will bash Nintendo for making the same game over and over, then turn around and by 4 Gears of War games, 4 Halos, 6 Assassins Creeds and 8 CoDs in a single generation without batting an eye.

Great post.

Bukowski81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bukowski81
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

@judaspete said:

This, the "oh another Mario" argument is hilarious. There is 1, maybe 2 3d Marios, Zeldas, or any nintendo franchise per generation.

This same people buy CoD and AC every year....

Not to mention that the changes from Mario to Mario or Zelda to Zelda are way greater than what CoD, AC, Gears or most of the franchises do...

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

I wouldn't say Nintendo is dead to me, but they definitely need better marketing, and to catch up with Sony and Microsoft. I plan on getting a Wii U, but that honestly won't be for a good 2-3 years.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Nostalgia? No not really.

Its just simply a fact Nintendo has been jerking off the same franchises over and over and over again with sequels, spinoffs and re-releases. The only original ideas they have had in a decade were wii music and steel diver.

Look at new super Mario wiiu for instance. Its the exact same game, same play style and same art style as new super Mario wii, new super Mario 1, and new super Mario 2. And of course you have new luigi wiiu. All of those games are still based on the same like 25+ year old Mario formula.

Pokémon hasn't changed a single bit aside from better graphics and it always has the same annual pokemon dungeon spinoff.

The new wiiu game donkey kong country freeze is the same as all the other donkey kong country games.

Smash bros is still the same game.

Mario kart has what like 8 or 9 entries that are still the same thing.

And so on. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, pokemon, donkey kong, Kirby, its always the same franchise names over and over again. Hell even the wiiu's biggest game this year was windwaker which is just a remake of a 10 year old game that's not even in the top 5 best Zelda games.

So a lot of Nintendo fans aren't nostalgia for old Nintendo games because were still playing the exact same old Nintendo games as we have been for decades now. They reminisce about the old nes and snes days because back then the games were and exciting, they were fresh and original because they were still new to us but now we harken back to those days because that was a period of time before the games were rehashed for the 87th time.

I mean no one likes the new die hard movies. The last couple were god awful and most die hard fans always go back to the first one as being the best, its not that they are nostalgic, its just the series has been bled so damn dry that the only good thing about is the original. Its the exact same thing with Nintendo games.

So you can whine and complain and try to sound insightful and savvy all you want in a attempt to try and tell me Im wrong but you wont change my opinion. I don't hate Nintendo, but I do not enjoy their games anymore because they are stale and worn out. They have absolutely no original ideas at all anymore and can not actually create something.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

Stop, the wii-u is a worse P.O.S then the Xblah

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@judaspete said:

Remind me again, how many Mario games have their been? How many pokemon games? How many Metroid games?

Then remind me again, how many new IP's have Nintendo created in the last 2 generations?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts
@judaspete said:

If you don't understand why the situations are different then you are playing dumb. Nintendo is the only "large" developer for their consoles. If they put out the same thing over and over the effect is felt more there than on another console. If someone doesn't want to buy 4 halos on the 360 they have other options, while on Nintendo consoles they are only limited to Nintendo's output for the most part. This is why they, above all, are more criticized for putting on rehash after rehash. Right now Nintendo has thrown out three Mario games, DK, rehashed party and fitness games, a HD remake and Pikmin, do you consider that acceptable from the Wii U's primary game supplier? Four platformers, three from the same franchise, rehashed party and fitness games, a remake and a pikmin sequel.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Gargus said:

Nostalgia? No not really.

Its just simply a fact Nintendo has been jerking off the same franchises over and over and over again with sequels, spinoffs and re-releases. The only original ideas they have had in a decade were wii music and steel diver.

Look at new super Mario wiiu for instance. Its the exact same game, same play style and same art style as new super Mario wii, new super Mario 1, and new super Mario 2. And of course you have new luigi wiiu. All of those games are still based on the same like 25+ year old Mario formula.

Pokémon hasn't changed a single bit aside from better graphics and it always has the same annual pokemon dungeon spinoff.

The new wiiu game donkey kong country freeze is the same as all the other donkey kong country games.

Smash bros is still the same game.

Mario kart has what like 8 or 9 entries that are still the same thing.

And so on. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, pokemon, donkey kong, Kirby, its always the same franchise names over and over again. Hell even the wiiu's biggest game this year was windwaker which is just a remake of a 10 year old game that's not even in the top 5 best Zelda games.

So a lot of Nintendo fans aren't nostalgia for old Nintendo games because were still playing the exact same old Nintendo games as we have been for decades now. They reminisce about the old nes and snes days because back then the games were and exciting, they were fresh and original because they were still new to us but now we harken back to those days because that was a period of time before the games were rehashed for the 87th time.

I mean no one likes the new die hard movies. The last couple were god awful and most die hard fans always go back to the first one as being the best, its not that they are nostalgic, its just the series has been bled so damn dry that the only good thing about is the original. Its the exact same thing with Nintendo games.

So you can whine and complain and try to sound insightful and savvy all you want in a attempt to try and tell me Im wrong but you wont change my opinion. I don't hate Nintendo, but I do not enjoy their games anymore because they are stale and worn out. They have absolutely no original ideas at all anymore and can not actually create something.

How dumb. LOL

zombieweekend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zombieweekend
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

I played Super Mario Bros. U in 1985. Need I say more?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#49 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@lordlors: Skyward Sword did NOT Surpass OoT at all... I'm not blinded by nostalgia, I just hated all the padded puzzles and Fi for me to enjoy the game.

Your opinion is correct and everything of this post is valid.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@zombieweekend said:

I played Super Mario Bros. U in 1985. Need I say more?

No, you didn't.