Nintendo First Party Just Dominates Above All Others !

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

I am talking about Nintendo exclusives ONLY !

Let's be honest, I own every single first party game on the Wii-U and pre-ordered Kirby-The Rainbow Curse, and will be getting Splatoon, Yoshi's Wooly World, The new Zelda, and Star Fox, all these games will crush all else in reviews and just over all fun factor.

For example there was another Game Informer just released a week or so ago and Zelda Majoras Mask got game of the month, I mean every time a Nintendo title releases, whether it's a rehash or not it makes Game Informer game of the month or gets the Game Informers Gold award,, and just usually ends up dominating in over all reviews in mags and websites.

Sorry but that's not mere coincidence, not when it happens months and years in a row, so say what you will about hardware or onine networks...blah blah blah, don't care....after all the B.S. with XBL & PSN getting hacked or being down for one reason or another, I just got flat out disgusted and bailed on those consoles like 5 months ago and became a Wii-U only owner, and i'm lovin' every minute of it.

The exclusives alone are worth buying Nintendo consoles, portable or console either one or both, doesn't matter, the above mentioned Nintendo titles being released this year will out shine every other game being released on X1 & PS4, yes even the Witcher 3, and whatever new Call of Duty or Halo comes out too.

Nintendo just knows how to do it right every time.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

But they're only kiddies game,not mature enough!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Nintendo is the worst.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Nintendo fucking sucks.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Nintendo is terrific and highly talented, but lets put their status in some context. They are the best first party up against two fundamentally mediocre on their best days first parties in Sony and Microsoft. It was one thing when they were doing their thing against Sega, but against the other 2? it's like eh, not all that impressive. It's the third party stuff that puts those 2 systems over.

Nintendo is finally having a year where they are releasing 2 new ips, which fucking thank christ, and at least one of them is from one of their better developers in Intelligent Systems: Codename Steam, with the other one being Nintendo EAD, but it's apparently the group that does things like Animal Crossing (work simulator) and wii sports games. Not exactly one of their prime teams now is it. On the flip side last time Miyamoto got to do a new ip? Pikmin. The last time Aunoma did his own ip would be the first time he did his own ip. Ditto for Retro.

Basically I'm happy with the two they are attempting, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect and want more. It's the company with the most talented group of devs on the planet, and all too often they are told to make the same old shit. Admittedly really good games, but I'd actually want to see those creative muscles flexed a bit.

Not even going to get into how often Nintendo fucks up the sheer basics of online, both as a developer and a console manufacturer: the latter of which they suck massive cock at.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Metroid Prime isn't a kiddie game and if you need further examples look it up and you'll see.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

TC hyped the OUYA so I find it hard to take his opinion seriously sometimes

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Considering exclusives are all they have and I still disagree shows why I don't have a Wii-U.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

They are the most consistent but Id like to see more new ips and genres out of them. And also Kid Icarus on the Wii U. DO IT.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@jg4xchamp:

Creating a new ip is extremely difficult. Creating new ip's just for the sake of it isn't a good thing.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50586 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Metroid Prime isn't a kiddie game and if you need further examples look it up and you'll see.

How do you not get that sarcasm?

And I'd disagree personally. They do put out the best critically and all, but most of their games just don't interest me.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jg4xchamp

@wiiboxstation said:

@jg4xchamp:

Creating a new ip is extremely difficult. Creating new ip's just for the sake of it isn't a good thing.

Yeah, totally, but last I checked Nintendo isn't any other developer, or any other company, if I'm not mistaken the adjectives used to describe Nintendo usually read like this "The Greatest of All Time". I'd have faith that a company with that kind of status, talent, and resources has the tools to create new experiences.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the only company able to compete with 1st party alone....

and even win a gen against all 3rd party combined.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17671 Posts
@Slimmin360 said:

For example there was another Game Informer just released a week or so ago and Zelda Majoras Mask got game of the month, I mean every time a Nintendo title releases, whether it's a rehash or not it makes Game Informer game of the month or gets the Game Informers Gold award,, and just usually ends up dominating in over all reviews in mags and websites.

Well, you can take solace in critiques and enthusiasts on a gaming forum. Reality is, looking at the Wii U's sales, you are in the minority. Strikes me that many people are NOT buying Nintendo for whatever reason. Speaking personally, it's because (despite their high-quality) the majority of Nintendo's offerings are dull, unambitious, familiar, and obligatory rote in nature.

But hey, they are well reviewed despite the world telling Nintendo that something is seriously lacking. If you're happy with that, by all means. Hopefully Nintendo will be able to eventually rectify what is causing such failure when they've been so "successful" in what really matters.

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

It does, and knowing this I'd still take Sony's 1st party over Nintendo's. Probably Microsoft's too. Your talent counts for shit to me if I don't wanna play your software. Still not seeing reasons to invest in their hardware despite that lofty quality of 1st party content you Nintendo fans love to tell the rest of us about.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Cant say WiiU have had that many interesting exclusives so far except Bayonetta and ZombiU imo. But sure if you want buy couple Mario games every year sure i can see why you are satisfied.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

yes, nintendo curb stomps everyone when it comes to qulity titles. Nintendo >>>>> ps ms pc

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Nintendo has great games. Just not my taste to list as favorites.

Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

When i was a kid, Nintendo was my thing, but now that im older i feel like plot is 2nd to gameplay. Nintendo games lack a great plot and to me its a turn off. I would love a story driven zelda game that goes beyond a plot that can be explained with a one paragraph summary.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

On average they make better games than any other dev, but they still need to court 3rd party or they'll never win another gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

nintendos the only one who cares about games

they don't overcharge you get the full game at 60 dollars

look at destiny look at evolve

look at ur shit thats 120 for the full game

nintendos game ARE THE FULL GAME AT 60 half the price and u get the full game with everything in it

they appeal to everyone the gameplay > and story u can make

people an easily watch tv/movies for a story

people only play games for gameplay IMO

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

No, garbage games for nostalgic morons

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

You're wrong. They are not better, they are different. Threads like this makes nintendo look more grand than they actually are. This coming from a nintendo fan.

It's true AAA massive production value games that are motr cinematic are plaguing western devs, but I'm sure that will balance out in time. Let's not pretend MS Sony and other rival western thrird parties can't keep up with nintendo in terms of quality and talent. Don't let nostalgia fool you.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

For kids Nintendo make great games, really great games. For everyone else, nah. This comes from an 'ex' Nintendo gamer. They really have milked every franchise they have literally to death and I know that's no biggie for kids today but people who grew up with Nintendo have all moved on.

Also, their hardware absolutely SUCKS! Most mature adults will feel their intelligence is insulted with the price Nintendo want for literally JUNK hardware, but kids don't care about that. Usually, they're not the ones paying for it.

Nintendo: for kids, always and forever.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@edo-tensei_ said:

You're wrong. They are not better, they are different. Threads like this makes nintendo look more grand than they actually are. This coming from a nintendo fan.

It's true AAA massive production value games that are motr cinematic are plaguing western devs, but I'm sure that will balance out in time. Let's not pretend MS Sony and other rival western thrird parties can't keep up with nintendo in terms of quality and talent. Don't let nostalgia fool you.

In quantity and quality? They dont

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp

@Thunderdrone said:

@edo-tensei_ said:

individually? no

Considering he said and, and not or, meaning combination. Yes, absolutely, all day, every day, every year.

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Edo-Tensei_

@Thunderdrone: They do. Nintendo is not one massive del team, they are comprised of different studios sharing tech and talent. Sony and MS are now acting in a similar fashion and doing cross studio games. But also like I said let's not pretend nintendo is the one and only with the talent.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

No wonder, there are no 3rd party games for the console, and the owner need to justify their purchase so.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

For kids Nintendo make great games, really great games. For everyone else, nah. This comes from an 'ex' Nintendo gamer. They really have milked every franchise they have literally to death and I know that's no biggie for kids today but people who grew up with Nintendo have all moved on.

Also, their hardware absolutely SUCKS! Most mature adults will feel their intelligence is insulted with the price Nintendo want for literally JUNK hardware, but kids don't care about that. Usually, they're not the ones paying for it.

Nintendo: for kids, always and forever.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Thunderdrone

@jg4xchamp said:

@Thunderdrone said:

@edo-tensei_ said:

individually? no

Considering he said and, and not or, meaning combination. Yes, absolutely, all day, every day, every year.

Why would I even consider that he was comparing Nintendo to the combination of Microsoft, Sony and every single western studio?

I assumed he was making a realistic comparison and not a schoolyard one.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#32 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Is it sad that I wanted Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate to have been Game of the Month?

I vastly prefer that game over the Majora's Mask Remake. (even though Majora's Mask is also awesome)

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thunderdrone
@edo-tensei_ said:

@Thunderdrone: They do. Nintendo is not one massive del team, they are comprised of different studios sharing tech and talent. Sony and MS are now acting in a similar fashion and doing cross studio games. But also like I said let's not pretend nintendo is the one and only with the talent.

Huh? I never said MS and Sony didnt have talent. Just that their first party efforts are far from matching what nintendo does in their portables and consoles in quantity AND quality.

You could probably argue without breaking that much of a sweat that Sony and MS have a hard time matching nintendo's output, COMBINED! At least right now anyway.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Nintendo is a fucking relic.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

If your talking about Nintendo's 1st party games vs Sony/Microsoft's 1st party games, then yeah. Your right.

If your saying that Nintendo's games destroy all other games out there, then...I'd like to agree with you, but Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, Skylanders, Dark Souls, Tales of, Saints Row, Fallout, and other games keep the sense in me.

Nintendo's games are amazing. Your in denial if you disagree with that. But there are plenty of great games out there besides Nintendo's.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Nintendo First Party Just Dominates Above All Others !

And when you turn twelve then it doesn't anymore, actually it's when you turn eleven based on my experience as parent, I literally have to kick out my 12 year old son so I can play because he's playing COD or something similar.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Thunderdrone
@LegatoSkyheart said:

Is it sad that I wanted Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate to have been Game of the Month?

I vastly prefer that game over the Majora's Mask Remake. (even though Majora's Mask is also awesome)

Both games have huge followings. They dont really need these internet accolades

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Nintendo first party is legendary. Too bad its the only thing that carries them though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah Nintendo can be awesome, a good share of my favorite games have come from them, but let's not kid ourselves. It doesn't take much for them to be the best 1st party of the bunch. Sony rides on mediocrity with a glimmer of hope every so often. Microsoft doesn't really have much of anything going on. On occasion these two companies do put out a gem, but most of the best exclusives they get are 3rd party.

It's not really a contest.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#40 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Thunderdrone: Yeah, but Monster Hunter seems to be a recent phenomenon, Thanks to Tri.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PikachuDude860

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah Nintendo can be awesome, a good share of my favorite games have come from them, but let's not kid ourselves. It doesn't take much for them to be the best 1st party of the bunch. Sony rides on mediocrity with a glimmer of hope every so often. Microsoft doesn't really have much of anything going on. On occasion these two companies do put out a gem, but most of the best exclusives they get are 3rd party.

And ironically, those two, (Sony and Microsoft), are the ones with all the 3rd party support. What a world we live in.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@pikachudude860 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

And ironically, those two, (Sony and Microsoft), are the ones with all the 3rd party support. What a world we live in.

Yeah, it's a funny thing, but it's understandable. Nintendo may provide the better in-house games, but at the end of the day Sony and MS provide the more attractive platforms for gamers and publishers alike. Nintendo put themselves in this position over the years. They're some game design ninjas for sure, but aside from that they completely fail to read the industry for what it is.

I don't think this will ever change.

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Edo-Tensei_

@Thunderdrone: Again I disagree. They make different types of games and both satisfy pay personal tastes. It's hard to compare an apple to an orange. Nintendo has fun game play down to a dcience. Sony first devs are more diversified and usually include more story elements to their games. That doesn't mean Sony can't do game play right or nintendo can' t make a good story. It simply means they cater to different design philosophies that work better for them and their creative drive. I'm down to critic games on an individual basis but to fully generalize an entire company' portfolio ignoring the missteps and pretending supremacy is silly. For example I love bioware but I don't go pretending they are all that great compared to other competing companies out there when they make their fair share of shitty products too. Same with nintendo and square Enix internal studios I love them and keep a high level of nostalgia for them but they make some shitty decisions sometimes that I also don't think deserve undivided praise (Square is shit right now, hope they can bounce back). Activision and Call of duty 4 were on the top of the food chain in 2007 and now they are genetic garbage to many. Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PikachuDude860

@ConanTheStoner said:

@pikachudude860 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah, it's a funny thing, but it's understandable. Nintendo may provide the better in-house games, but at the end of the day Sony and MS provide the more attractive platforms for gamers and publishers alike. Nintendo put themselves in this position over the years. They're some game design ninjas for sure, but aside from that they completely fail to read the industry for what it is.

I don't think this will ever change.

Well said.

I think Nintendo CAN change and turn things around, but they have to WANT to first.

Coming out with games at a much faster pace in order to end game droughts would be great. However, at this point, unless they have the right 3rd party suport, they'll always be overlooked by the main stream media. Because, you know, everybody has to have dem 3rd party games. No matter the quality. It's a sad thing, it is.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thunderdrone

@edo-tensei_ said:

@Thunderdrone: Again I disagree. They make different types of games and both satisfy pay personal tastes. It's hard to compare an apple to an orange. Nintendo has fun game play down to a dcience. Sony first devs are more diversified and usually include more story elements to their games. That doesn't mean Sony can't do game play right or nintendo can' t make a good story. It simply means they cater to different design philosophies that work better for them and their creative drive. I'm down to critic games on an individual basis but to fully generalize an entire company' portfolio ignoring the missteps and pretending supremacy is silly. For example I love bioware but I don't go pretending they are all that great compared to other competing companies out there when they make their fair share of shitty products too. Same with nintendo and square Enix internal studios I love them and keep a high level of nostalgia for them but they make some shitty decisions sometimes that I also don't think deserve undivided praise (Square is shit right now, hope they can bounce back). Activision and Call of duty 4 were on the top of the food chain in 2007 and now they are genetic garbage to many. Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

I understand what you are saying, but I dont think you understand what I said. I never said Sony couldnt pull off good gameplay. I never said Nintendo never fucks up. I'm not even saying that someone who vastly prefers MS's stuff to Nintendo is wrong.

What I said is that looking at the general critical reception and their output rate, the other two companies dont really compete with Nintendo. Look at what Sony is doing with the PS4 and the Vita and tell me its comparable to Nintendo's efforts. MS doesnt have a handheld and its STILL behind either of Nintendos two current machines in terms of first party offerings.

And for whatever its worth, Sony and MS dont seem to want to compete anyway. They drop staff and close internal studios like they have the fucking plague.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45231 Posts

I like Nintendo games. That's pretty much it.

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Edo-Tensei_

@Thunderdrone: Yeah that's a fact, especially including all the 3ds quality exclusives they constantly release. I diverted my comments to the fact that I don't like a lot of the godly praise nintendo gets from many sheep.

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

ain't like ps4 and xbox one getting like a possible 300 games added to their liberty in just 1 year ?

ain't that like the life of games the wii u console will see ?

i don't care how many high scoring games wii u comes with ... the 10-15 or so games don't beat over 300 games

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

their first party is ok. The most I get out of it is zelda and metroid.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Nintendo is the king. I can't think of another publisher I would prefer over them. And with all the IPs and genres of games they cover are bigger than almost any other. But like any other publisher they do some games better than others, and others make better games in genres better than Nintendo. Either way if I had to choose one publisher's games to play for the rest of my life it would be Nintendo.