Ni No Kuni PS3 Demo impressions and thoughts?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jack_is_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 jack_is_cool
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Game hasn't grabbed my interest pesonally, but I'll play the demo.

Though the last time I played a demo, it was for the new DMC and I played that for maybe two minutes before stopping and deleting it from my hard drive.

DarkLink77

Me too. Played it for like a minute 52 seconds, and was certain I was going to buy it, so just stopped and deleted it.

By the way, is the Ni No Kuni demo spoilerific, or can I feel free to download it? Because I'm definitely getting it, I just would really like to play the demo.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

still need to try the demo. I think it looks pretty but im hoping the demo sells me on gameplay since from everythign iv seen it looks boring.

finalfantasy94

This.
Some comments arent reassuring either but Ill try it later in the day.
The DMC demo too actually.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I tried the demo and while the game looks dam good the combat just could not grab me.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

It was one of the most boring and tedious things i have ever played, the combat is terrible

I think they should have an adventure only demo and even a mode in the whole game

Also while it looks cute, the 3D graphics look ancient and they are nothing like the 2D art in the DS version artistically, they look like a PS2 game in the backgrounds

Generally i am very dissapointed in the demo, but i am sure the adventure part will be nice, despite the horrid combat and downgraded visuals

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

It was one of the most boring and tedious things i have ever played, the combat is terrible

I think they should have an adventure only demo and even a mode in the whole game

Also while it looks cute, the 3D graphics look ancient and they are nothing like the 2D art in the DS version artistically, they look like a PS2 game in the backgrounds

Generally i am very dissapointed in the demo, but i am sure the adventure part will be nice, despite the horrid combat and downgraded visuals

loosingENDS
*smacks you* Miyazaki cannot make a bad movie or game.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

WilliamRLBaker

Never said bad, i said the combat is terrible, the adventure part should be great

the team that made the combat sucks, that is all, this was definatly a joke combat system

Generally the DS version with the 2D art is leagues better, because it has the artistic feeling that is completly gone in the crappy 3D of PS3 version

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Never said bad, i said the combat is terrible, the adventure part should be great

the team that made the combat sucks, that is all, this was definatly a joke combat system

when a person says 4 things out of 5 are bad then its generally accepted they said the thing was bad. you cannot fight the law of majority.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] *smacks you* Miyazaki cannot make a bad movie or game.WilliamRLBaker

when a person says 4 things out of 5 are bad then its generally accepted they said the thing was bad. you cannot fight the law of majority.

The demo had just one thing, the terrible combat, nothing else

Just as i was about to roam the town, the demo ended

I think they should have never done that, they should have shown the town/adventure part, because now i am not even sure i want to play a game that will make me go through that combat system for hours

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

I am dissapointed I as't playing a Dark Cloud 3. The combat feels dated, FFXII-style...
But I'll still buy it at some point.

Please...Dark Cloud 3 :cry:

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
They need to remake Pokemon Red and Blue using this games battle system for WiiU. That would be genius!!!
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 loosingENDS

I am dissapointed I as't playing a Dark Cloud 3. The combat feels dated, FFXII-style...

DrTrafalgarLaw

It is far worst than FF12 battle and i hated FF12 battles too

Generally i would much prefer a fast true 100% turn based system with more depth, than a shallow crap like that

FF12 had far more depth, but still felt crappy because of the automation to handle the 3D confusion

I wonder why they even try such crap systems, if you are going to do turn based, DO TURN BASED, not a terrible mix of akwardness

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

i finally played the demo last night and i enjoyed it. it reminds me of eternal sonata...which is a good thing. the game is gorgeous too...

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Hmm I do enjoy studio ghibli, will check it out
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 loosingENDS

Hmm I do enjoy studio ghibli, will check it outRR360DD

Then i would get the DS 2D Ni no Kuni, since all art in environments is gone in the mediocre 3D PS3 version

The original 2D art is only in the DS version of the game

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#115 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

So the demo just came out yesterday for the upcoming PS3 Exclusive Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and i must say the game is beautiful and gorgeous! it felt like i was into an anime movie and not a video game, everything about the game felt very nostalgic to me from the battle system to the soundtrack to even the world map.

The game got this "classic RPG" element into it, in the game and in the battle system you are able to control either Oliver or one of the creatures you find along your journey and capture ( similar to pokemon), battles are in real time and everything is right there for you to chsoe from, magical attacks in the game and from the fights i played been greatly helpful, defending in the game is a must ( boses arent easy) so you have to know when to defend not to mention defending and attacking well could give you the chance to unlock a set of ultimate attacks.

The Demo had two complete segments, one which shows you the game ( game is beautiful!!), the battle system, the soundtrack, the characters, the monsters, boses, unlocks, healing, etc while the other segment or section shows you a major boss battle with multiple monsters on your side.

This game is a straight up must buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demo ( see me playing the game :P): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWCTZRYyFw&feature=youtu.be

NI NO KUNI Only on PS3 next year Jan 22nd. 2013

JRPG of the year 2013? i sure think so!

GO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO NOW

What are ur thoughts if you played the Demo?

Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-Of-The-White-Witch-cove

finalstar2007
The demo was out weeks ago.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

pokemon, meets dragons quest, with a dash of some real time combat. it's pretty awesome from what I've seen.

also dem graphics.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
day 1
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

DrTrafalgarLaw

This times a million, c'mon Level 5!