Next Battlefield called Hardline / Gameplay video!

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Well I'm not sure if this is accidental or not, but here's the first 7 minute gameplay video.

----

It's official. The new BF is called Hardline, and is made by Visceral.

"The game launches this fall and it’s a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals."

Link.

------

Oh boy...

It seems that the next video game in the Battlefield franchise is at the moment under development at the Visceral Games team and that it will use the name SWAT, with launch set to take place during the autumn of this year.

The information comes from the Twitter feed of an insider that has been offering accurate details about unrevealed projects of other major teams, but there has been no confirmation from any other source, although the game was allegedly recently shown to a limited audience in its alpha form.

Apparently, an official announcement that will only include limited amount of footage and details about Battlefield SWAT is being planned for the upcoming E3 2014 event, which will start on June 10 in Los Angeles.

Also

A SWAT video game that uses the Battlefield setting will probably focus on smaller maps, more tactical movement and on a smaller number of enemies.

More here.

Let's treat this as rumor for now.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

If this is true it's a great idea to have another developer take a shot at the Battlefield series. DICE needs a break. They need to realize they can't keep releasing buggy, unbalanced games.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

fuk dice and fuk battlefield. make bad company 3 u fukin pieces of shit

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

A smaller tactical game using the Battlefield name? I have my doubts, but I figure they'll use the Frostbite engine if they did do this. Anyhow, Visceral just got done with Dead Space 3 barely a year ago, I'd have my doubts they could have a game for Autumn of 2014, unless maybe it's a strictly online game, or it was intended to be a sloppy and rushed mess. After Battlefield 4 I'd hope they'd release stuff when it's good and done. Anyhow, if true, I'd like to see something that plays more like Counter-Strike, one life skirmishes with objectives, like setting up bombs or rescuing hostages.

I liked Visceral and their work on the Dead Space games, if anything I wish they'd keep making those, or if they're done with that at least make a next gen Dead Space anthology.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Dissapointing seeing Visceral Games being reduced to one more rung on the Battlefield assembly line. EA making them churn out this crap franchise bi annually instead of being busy making the next Dead Space.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Also, this.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I guess they needed the brand power.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

I wouldn't mind if it was a new franchise.

But a new Battlefield already ? Common !

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

frostbite 3 is by far the worst of the "next gen' engines

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

call of duty advanced warfare will be better

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Good, maybe now DICE can stop trying to turn Battlefield into Call of Duty and keep Battlefield Battlefield.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

You wear a peace symbol and have born to kill written on your helmet. Is that some sort of sick joke?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I'll wait it out.

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

I'm content with the regular Battlefield (as long as it works). This mightpotentially be something I'm into(?), but I'm generally not a close quarters person. The one thing that would sell me on it is if there is a single player campaign and it's SWAT 5. Or Bad Company 3 in disguise. But if it has SP I'm expecting more of the same, only bluer.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@airshocker said:

If this is true it's a great idea to have another developer take a shot at the Battlefield series. DICE needs a break. They need to realize they can't keep releasing buggy, unbalanced games.

they're not taking a break, they are still having their two year cycle

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I'll wait till I see some footage or more about it. I'm very wary of going near a BF game again after BF4 but I like the idea of someone else giving it a shot and branching off.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

release BC3 already

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@silversix_ said:

release BC3 already

Why are people so damn eager for BC3? I admit the SP stuff was mildly entertaining and the MP in BC2 is some of the best in the series to me but I can't see BC3 being a return to form or anything like that. DICE have gone off the deep end by now and likely won't recapture that magic again. Too busy being serious and realistic

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I hope it's true. DICE should drop Battlefield all together and just work on making mirror's edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@silversix_ said:

release BC3 already

Why are people so damn eager for BC3? I admit the SP stuff was mildly entertaining and the MP in BC2 is some of the best in the series to me but I can't see BC3 being a return to form or anything like that. DICE have gone off the deep end by now and likely won't recapture that magic again. Too busy being serious and realistic

It's the only remotely interesting SP campaign Battlefield has ever had. It tried (at least the first one) to sort of convert what had defined Battlefield into a campaign, i.e. making it openended, not telling or dictating to players what to do so much, but presenting them with scenarios, supplying some tools and leaving it to them to figure it out. And it was something as rare as a story in a military shooter that shot for personality and humor, and often succeeding at it.

Like, does anyone actually care about the bland campaigns of BF3 and BF4 (and to some degree BC2)? Do more people buy Battlefield because it has a campaign that's serious linearity rather than dynamic fun? That's what they're claiming, but I just can't buy that as it sounds preposterous.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ghostwarrior786

@seanmcloughlin said:

@silversix_ said:

release BC3 already

never played the singleplayer but put 1000+ hours into the multiplayer, best game i have ever played without a doubt. perfect combination of amazing map design, feel of the guns, powerful sounding weapons, full on destruction not like that crap they call destruction in bf3/bf4, vehicle control etc. just perfection.

i seriously just want a hd re-release of the multiplayer portion with a few more maps added and i would be happy.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Also, this.

I too can agree.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@silversix_ said:

release BC3 already

never played the singleplayer but put 1000+ hours into the multiplayer, best game i have ever played without a doubt. perfect combination of amazing map design, feel of the guns, powerful sounding weapons, full on destruction not like that crap they call destruction in bf3/bf4, vehicle control etc. just perfection.

i seriously just want a hd re-release of the multiplayer portion with a few more maps added and i would be happy.

something about the feel of that game was just amazing. it was fun, addictive and was polished.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@silversix_ said:

release BC3 already

I'll never understand the fascination with the BC2 destruction....the same 2 houses with nothing inside using the same scripted cardboard collapse every time

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I understand why the are attaching the Battlefield name to the game but it's entirely unnecessary as the game will not resemble a Battlefield game at all.

Oh well, could be good.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@silversix_ said:

release BC3 already

I'll never understand the fascination with the BC2 destruction....the same 2 houses with nothing inside using the same scripted cardboard collapse every time

I agree,

Although I did think Bad Company 2 was a much better game, both online and off. The campaign in BF3 really went all out on being a Modern Warfare type clone, and the multiplayer was a minor disappointment.

Battlefield 4 was not much better on the campaign, but the real issue with it was the massive amount of bugs and glitches. I think BF4 is awesome now that it's fixed, but it was tainted by how buggy it was at launch. BF3 also seemed to suffer from way more bugs than the previous games (such as being able to fall through certain map locations and shoot enemies from a practically invincible location). I never remember that happening at all in the Bad Company games, yet there were several well known "glitch" spots Battlefield 3. I don't know if these issues existed in BF4, because the game itself was so broken at launch I stopped even bothering to try to play it. I did play it for many hours awhile back, but to lose the entire launch window like that (when I bought the game at launch) really tainted the game for me.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Sounds meh. Guess I'll be sticking to Titanfall / Halo for the foreseeable future.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I understand why the are attaching the Battlefield name to the game but it's entirely unnecessary as the game will not resemble a Battlefield game at all.

Oh well, could be good.

well the game has to sell somehow. Wont be getting many headlines if they called it..called it SWAT 5 *runs and cries in a corner*

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@wis3boi said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@silversix_ said:

release BC3 already

it plays really well because there is no where to hide, u can 40mm a guy from any angle if hiding in the house. bf3 just has large buildings with walls that are destructible which is super lame

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Good. Gives me some hope knowing that DICE are focusing on Star Wars Battlefront, they might not actually screw it up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@McStrongfast said:

It's the only remotely interesting SP campaign Battlefield has ever had. It tried (at least the first one) to sort of convert what had defined Battlefield into a campaign, i.e. making it openended, not telling or dictating to players what to do so much, but presenting them with scenarios, supplying some tools and leaving it to them to figure it out. And it was something as rare as a story in a military shooter that shot for personality and humor, and often succeeding at it.

Like, does anyone actually care about the bland campaigns of BF3 and BF4 (and to some degree BC2)? Do more people buy Battlefield because it has a campaign that's serious linearity rather than dynamic fun? That's what they're claiming, but I just can't buy that as it sounds preposterous.

I agree the campaigns are better but they're still not very good overall. You don't buy the games for the SPs they're just a nice bonus.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

truth if I ever heard it

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

They don't make true tactical shooters anymore like the old R6 games, Ghost Recon 1, SWAT 3/4.. (outside of Bohemia's PC games)

Too hardcore for the casuals that just wanna jump in the game, run around like lunatics respawning over & over & regenerating health because the bullet damage is so weak, ect..

Makers of BF aren't gonna make a mainstream/AAA shooter that's actually tactical. LOL

Maybe it'll be some in between bullshit like R6 Vegas.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20125 Posts

Sounds like a Rainbow Six take on Battlefield, which would be awesome if done right and would make more sense of the small squad mechanic.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Even more damage to the franchises name.

It went to shit with BF4 so I guess they're ok with that.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Wow, the guy who leaked this months ago was right. I am impressed.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

That'll be badass if it's anything like Swat 4, but I really doubt it. Even a dumbed down Swat 4 would still be better than nothing though. Hopefully it's not just Battlefield with cops or something stupid like that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Essentially it will be casual counterstrike with £1000 DLC and power boosts.

My friends, just play Insurgency 2 on the pc, it costs about £14. It's clearly the best option.

Arcturus-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arcturus-Prime
Member since 2014 • 57 Posts

I'm excited to see how this turns out but i can understand the anger people have towards battlefield 3 and 4. Does anyone still freeze while playing battlefield 3? Its been a big problem for me. My only thought is that the game is too powerful for the ps3 and causes users to freeze.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

i'd pay good money for a game to feature the guys from bad company again. easily the best new characters introduced last gen. everything that came out of haggards mouth was pure gold.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I still want my dinosaur battlefield game, dice.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@Wasdie said:

Oh well, could be good.

well the game has to sell somehow. Wont be getting many headlines if they called it..called it SWAT 5 *runs and cries in a corner*

I don't think they'd even be able to call it that given that Sierra (who owns the IP) was bought out by Activision-Blizzard.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Cool, I hope it's an actual tactical shooter set in buildings with silenced weapons and small scale warfare. I personally hate the vehicles, big fucking explosions, and large scale battles of Battlefield. Games just feel so unbalanced and each match is just chaos instead of any type of semblance of actual strategy.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@seanmcloughlin: could be made by another team, i don't want Bad Beta Company 3 from DICE.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

@airshocker said:

Seriously. Battlefield has been botched for a while. Rubberbanding was fucking annoying in BF3.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@airshocker said:

DICE needs a break.

You do know each BF game from DICE is going to have the same amount dev time right? I mean like, they're working on BF5 right now...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Could this mean an inferior number of players online? Really hope not...

Other than that, im ok with changes.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Sounds like EA about to kill another studio, as well as milk Battlefield franchise to it's death.

Visceral created some pretty good games of their own (Dante's Inferno, Dead Space... but i know Dante's didn't sell as well as hoped, and Dead Space 3 really tanked). Looking back at their PS2 games, even their "licensed" output wasn't that bad quality wise.

Disappointed they are working on a generic sounding Battlefield. I mean, SWAT, really? Is this even going to be a battlefield game, or a game about police force?. Since Visceral has been a studio to usually made good games (despite always being under the corporate thumb of EA), hopefully this one will surprise me.

It just seems so stupid though. Market is over-saturated with shooters. So lets take a studio that has created IP's, and instead put them Battlefield version #108523. Unreal.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You wear a peace symbol and have born to kill written on your helmet. Is that some sort of sick joke?

Its a comment on the duality of human nature.