Next Battlefield called Hardline / Gameplay video!

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

I'm sorry I love battlefield but this shit just screams $20 budget title to me.

Why? Or are you saying that every online shooter should be $20?

It does seem like we've been paying more for less lately, especially with these ripoffs with 4 hour campaigns, that then charge you $15 each for 3 or 4 map-packs. This just seems like it's going to be another game following that same formula.

Is Visceral handling the online for this game? Or are they getting alot of help from DICE? I wonder, because that is in large part why the two "Danger Close" Medal of Honor games failed. The 1st one was a half-assed Battlefield clone done by DICE with very few maps, and poorly done maps at that. The 2nd one they supposedly handled the multiplayer on their own, but it ended up being fairly mediocre. Obviously if this game is a 4 hour campaign, and a doomed multiplayer, then it might not even be worth $20 (look how fast the MoH games prices fell, and now you practically can't even give used copies away).

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#102 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I'm sorry I love battlefield but this shit just screams $20 budget title to me.

Why? Or are you saying that every online shooter should be $20?

It does seem like we've been paying more for less lately, especially with these ripoffs with 4 hour campaigns, that then charge you $15 each for 3 or 4 map-packs. This just seems like it's going to be another game following that same formula.

Is Visceral handling the online for this game? Or are they getting alot of help from DICE? I wonder, because that is in large part why the two "Danger Close" Medal of Honor games failed. The 1st one was a half-assed Battlefield clone done by DICE with very few maps, and poorly done maps at that. The 2nd one they supposedly handled the multiplayer on their own, but it ended up being fairly mediocre. Obviously if this game is a 4 hour campaign, and a doomed multiplayer, then it might not even be worth $20 (look how fast the MoH games prices fell, and now you practically can't even give used copies away).

Well i'm not saying every shooter should be. But to me I dunno just you ever have that gut feeling it's a little too different and may seem less than what the product actually is franchised after.

It just seems like a budget title watching it. I get that vibe man.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Welp I want this game

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@airshocker said:

If this is true it's a great idea to have another developer take a shot at the Battlefield series. DICE needs a break. They need to realize they can't keep releasing buggy, unbalanced games.

Dice isn't taking a break, they're making BF 5. It's really EA's fault that BF 4 was a buggy mess anyway.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#105  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Cranler said:

@airshocker said:

If this is true it's a great idea to have another developer take a shot at the Battlefield series. DICE needs a break. They need to realize they can't keep releasing buggy, unbalanced games.

Dice isn't taking a break, they're making BF 5. It's really EA's fault that BF 4 was a buggy mess anyway.

Are you sure they are the ones behing Battlefield 5? They are working on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge. They may be advising on a new Battlefield game but I doubt they are the leads considering. Unless their studio grew again which could very well have happened.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

This looks like the breath of fresh air Battlefield needed. I cant imagine it will be 64 players online though. This looks like it will be smaller in scale.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

This looks like the breath of fresh air Battlefield needed. I cant imagine it will be 64 players online though. This looks like it will be smaller in scale.

Wow I actually agree with you on something.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Yep I think it's gonna be a much smaller and tighter game and I for one welcome it. It's nice to change things up a bit and the heist mode could be cool

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yep I think it's gonna be a much smaller and tighter game and I for one welcome it. It's nice to change things up a bit and the heist mode could be cool

Yea, it sounds like battlefield mixed with payday which gives me a massive erection

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Yea, it sounds like battlefield mixed with payday which gives me a massive erection

Same, we should sword fight....

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Doesn't look like something I'd play but looking forward to seeing how it does.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#112 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/leaked-battlefield-hardline-gameplay-six-months-old

according to link this footage is 6 months old, hopefully we see something that's even prettier at E3

Visceral Games general manager Tweeted:

“Video that’s out there was for an internal meeting. It’s 6 months old now and team has been cranking since then. See the real deal at E3.”

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#113 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Wanna burn weed plantations.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

So the answer to a good singleplay mode is make it open and give players choices.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#116  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

So the answer to a good singleplay mode is make it open and give players choices.

Yeah and add other players.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@Wasdie said:

I understand why the are attaching the Battlefield name to the game but it's entirely unnecessary as the game will not resemble a Battlefield game at all.

Oh well, could be good.

well the game has to sell somehow. Wont be getting many headlines if they called it..called it SWAT 5 *runs and cries in a corner*

Don't remind me!!!

Pretty sure it's nto going to be as tactical as SWAT to appeal to a more mainstream playerbase. It'll probably be smaller scale too. Looks fun, but like others said, it's only called battlefield because of branding power.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
@Wasdie said:

@Cranler said:

@airshocker said:

Are you sure they are the ones behing Battlefield 5? They are working on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge. They may be advising on a new Battlefield game but I doubt they are the leads considering. Unless their studio grew again which could very well have happened.

Mirrors Edge and BF Bad Company were both released in 2008 so obviously they can develop more than one game at a time. It also seems to make sense to keep the team with Battlefield development experience on Battlefield development.