Next Assassins Creed game set in Feudal Japan

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Gue1 said:

feudal Japan is the equivalent to the middle age of europe, right ? I always confuse it with Meiji era and stuff but I think that was around the 1800's, which is when the western world brings guns to Japan. Although is funny that Japan was so behind the times compared to the western world but now they are like one if not of the most advanced yet their culture is still nearly intact.

Timeframe of the Tokugawa Shogunate was feudal Japan which was Japans middle ages, yes -- and much like the European middle ages the Tokugawa Shogunate was ended by the firearm.

Roughly 1600-1800 I believe

A lot of correlation between European and Japanese feudal ages: chivalry/bushido, knights/samurai, castles, disparity of wealth, etc.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@lordlors said:
@parkurtommo said:

Not to the same extent. A LOT of people play League of Legends, so MOBAs are probably one of the first genres that come to mind to your common young, casual gamer. Why the mention of Chinese/Koreans?

I agree that Japan is one of the most insular cultures in the world, and that is a good thing. If it weren't for their isolation they would stop being so unique and independent. These days globalization is really dominating all cultures, but Japan is really one of the countries that has managed to fight it back... That makes them advanced in many ways.

Man, equating insularity with being advanced? Has SW really gone mad? Isolation breeds ignorance, shallow pride, and mediocre creativity. People really are ignorant on what globalization has done for the arts. Silent Hill wouldn't exist if it weren't for Jacob's Ladder, an American horror movie. Experiencing arts and culture outside your own is an eye opening thing. It widens your view and perspective. By being insular, you have a pretty small world with a very narrow/shallow view.

Ignorance is bliss, or so they say. Protecting a long lived culture is much more important than being politically correct and worldly. Why, after all these years, should protected cultures suddenly change and seek globalization?

Sounds more like an attempt to turn everyone into the collective borg. Diversity is pretty important.

If by protecting cultures you mean by "No foreigners allowed" in some establishments (it exists in Japan), censorship of foreign films and games, etc. I don't know what to say. Also, cannibalism and human sacrifice for the gods should be protected, hmm?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@lordlors said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@lordlors said:
@parkurtommo said:

Not to the same extent. A LOT of people play League of Legends, so MOBAs are probably one of the first genres that come to mind to your common young, casual gamer. Why the mention of Chinese/Koreans?

I agree that Japan is one of the most insular cultures in the world, and that is a good thing. If it weren't for their isolation they would stop being so unique and independent. These days globalization is really dominating all cultures, but Japan is really one of the countries that has managed to fight it back... That makes them advanced in many ways.

Man, equating insularity with being advanced? Has SW really gone mad? Isolation breeds ignorance, shallow pride, and mediocre creativity. People really are ignorant on what globalization has done for the arts. Silent Hill wouldn't exist if it weren't for Jacob's Ladder, an American horror movie. Experiencing arts and culture outside your own is an eye opening thing. It widens your view and perspective. By being insular, you have a pretty small world with a very narrow/shallow view.

Ignorance is bliss, or so they say. Protecting a long lived culture is much more important than being politically correct and worldly. Why, after all these years, should protected cultures suddenly change and seek globalization?

Sounds more like an attempt to turn everyone into the collective borg. Diversity is pretty important.

If by protecting cultures you mean by "No foreigners allowed" in some establishments (it exists in Japan), censorship of foreign films and games, etc. I don't know what to say. Also, cannibalism and human sacrifice for the gods should be protected, hmm?

Yep, I totally advocated discrimination, cannibalism and human sacrifice in my comment. Wow... *slowly walks backwards out of thread*

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@walloftruth: Whats next is that Ubisoft continue to ignore you and do whatever comes natural to the series which isn't Feudal Japan.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By lordlors
@parkurtommo said:

@lordlors said:
@parkurtommo said:

@Jag85 said:

@lordlors said:

@Gue1 said:

feudal Japan is the equivalent to the middle age of europe, right ? I always confuse it with Meiji era and stuff but I think that was around the 1800's, which is when the western world brings guns to Japan. Although is funny that Japan was so behind the times compared to the western world but now they are like one if not of the most advanced yet their culture is still nearly intact.

One of the most advanced? lol The Japanese don't even have a clue what an RTS or MOBA is and most of them don't know English. Advanced my ass. They are very insular which by today's standards is an archaic characteristic.

Most English speakers don't have a clue what an RTS or MOBA is either. Those genres are far more popular among Chinese and Korean speakers. Well done contradicting yourself.

Man, equating insularity with being advanced? Has SW really gone mad? Isolation breeds ignorance, shallow pride, and mediocre creativity. People really are ignorant on what globalization has done for the arts. Experiencing arts and culture outside your own is an eye opening thing. It widens your view and perspective. By being insular, you have a pretty small world with a very narrow/shallow view.

I know that, but Japan is an example where it's lack of globalization allowed its own culture to thrive, and even influence other countries (instead of the other way around).

Isolation actually provides a much better environment for creativity because it comepletely eliminated the factor of dogmatic correctness. When you want to be unique in (say) the US, you end up being marginalized and hated, because it's too different. But in Japan, stuff there is already fucking odd as shit, so you can make odd shit, and be accepted! It's awesome!

Í'm not saying that globalization is bad, just that Japan is a unique country and it's a case where isolation has done it more good than harm.

You are ignorant of Japan and of America. Dogmatic correctness is what defines Japanese culture. Any nail that sticks out gets hammered down. When you want to be unique in Japan, you end up being marginalized and hated because it's too different. Black people get stared at. Gay people aren't visible even though they exist because any attempt to show it is well you know. Any Japanese with foreign blood have a tendency to be bullied. If you don't look like Japanese or white, police will come look for your resident card (racial profiling). But for America generally people are more open-minded and more relaxed. Also, when you look at manga and anime style it has specific characteristics that apply to all but when you look at Western comics they are very different from one another (I'm talking about art here not the story).

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lordlors

@Bigboi500 said:

@lordlors said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@lordlors said:
@parkurtommo said:

Yep, I totally advocated discrimination, cannibalism and human sacrifice in my comment. Wow... *slowly walks backwards out of thread*

Cause those exist in cultures of the past which you say should be protected. And discrimination is very well alive in Japan psychologically nastier than in America. Becoming worldly means throwing away those old practices of discrimination, human sacrifice, etc.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Just as soon as I got hype then I de-hyped. It's for the IOS people nothing to see here. Would be interesting to see Assassins vs Shinobi vs Samurai in AC. Poor Samurai all this stealth based offense.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#58  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

TC: Stop making threads

Ubisoft: Stop releasing Assassins Creed games every year.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Assassin's Creed: In Space

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: I dunno, a lot of people seem to be enjoying this thread

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Why the hell are all the interesting AC characters/settings on DLC or small scale? Liberation, Freedom Cry, Feudal Japan..

Dafuq Ubi?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@GreySeal9: I see you're as derp as ever, congrats on being daft if you thought I actually meant ALL of the AC games, even being exaggerated in my comment I wasn't far off (which is kinda sad)

4 out of 9 games take place in Europe, that's 44% of the Assassin's Creed taking place in Europe, if they make another AC game that takes place in Europe that's 5 out 10 games/ 50% of the AC games taking place in Europe.

2 of those 9 AC games have settings in Italy

1 of those 9 AC games have a setting in France

There's other timelines and cultures to explore like Japan, Russia and Australia, god forbid THEY SPICE IT UP

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ballroompirate

@Jag85: It probably wouldn't make sense story wise (and timeline) but a AC that takes place during the Roman Empire would pretty dope. I'm a sucker for Ancient Roman stuff.

anderswhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 anderswhk
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

@lordlors said:
@parkurtommo said:

@lordlors said:
@parkurtommo said:

@Jag85 said:

@lordlors said:

@Gue1 said:

One of the most advanced? lol The Japanese don't even have a clue what an RTS or MOBA is and most of them don't know English. Advanced my ass. They are very insular which by today's standards is an archaic characteristic.

Most English speakers don't have a clue what an RTS or MOBA is either. Those genres are far more popular among Chinese and Korean speakers. Well done contradicting yourself.

Man, equating insularity with being advanced? Has SW really gone mad? Isolation breeds ignorance, shallow pride, and mediocre creativity. People really are ignorant on what globalization has done for the arts. Experiencing arts and culture outside your own is an eye opening thing. It widens your view and perspective. By being insular, you have a pretty small world with a very narrow/shallow view.

I know that, but Japan is an example where it's lack of globalization allowed its own culture to thrive, and even influence other countries (instead of the other way around).

Isolation actually provides a much better environment for creativity because it comepletely eliminated the factor of dogmatic correctness. When you want to be unique in (say) the US, you end up being marginalized and hated, because it's too different. But in Japan, stuff there is already fucking odd as shit, so you can make odd shit, and be accepted! It's awesome!

Í'm not saying that globalization is bad, just that Japan is a unique country and it's a case where isolation has done it more good than harm.

You are ignorant of Japan and of America. Dogmatic correctness is what defines Japanese culture. Any nail that sticks out gets hammered down. When you want to be unique in Japan, you end up being marginalized and hated because it's too different. Black people get stared at. Gay people aren't visible even though they exist because any attempt to show it is well you know. Any Japanese with foreign blood have a tendency to be bullied. If you don't look like Japanese or white, police will come look for your resident card (racial profiling). But for America generally people are more open-minded and more relaxed. Also, when you look at manga and anime style it has specific characteristics that apply to all but when you look at Western comics they are very different from one another (I'm talking about art here not the story).

Don't step on the weaboos wet dream, where they will go to Japan, and be embraced by big chested asian girls in Kimonos that live in traditional Japanese homes, that accepts them. Just like in the mangas! In reality the Japanese are some of the most racist people you will find. Step outside Tokyo and a few other large cities and you will find out.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Lol at everyone in this thread being dicks to Ubisoft. Probably the biggest developers on earth. EA and Activision are basically just publishers btw.

Ubi make amazing games year after year. They have several massive franchises on going. They are a good company. They have their bad points, but overall, they know their shit.

argumentum ad populum isn't a defense, it's a logic fallacy.

And being better than EA and Activision in terms of making "games" isn't exactly high praise.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@funsohng said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@funsohng said:

@Ballroompirate:

Israel isn't Asia because of political reasons? What? Do you know what continents are? And there wasn't even an Israel back in Third Crusade. (Not to mention that Damascus and Masyaf isn't even in Israel)

Also, ACR is set in Istanbul (half Asia and half Europe) and Masyaf (Syria). It's never in Italy.

They claimed so political BS, yes it's located in western asia but like I said they claimed not to be apart of Israel, during AC1 it might have been a different story.

Also isn't Istanbul like the largest city (pop wise) in Europe?

Your first sentence makes no bloody sense.

and Istanbul is divided into two by Bosporus, a strait that acts as a boundary between Europe and Asia. West of Bosporus is Europe, and East of Bosporus is Asia Minor. So it's technically half and half. Not to mention the fact that Ottoman culture is primarily Asian.

The reason why many consider Istanbul "Europe" is 1) influenced by Greek (the "European") perspective and 2) Turkey wanted to be part of Europe in some way or another when EU was actually pretty cool. But theoretically (and even culturally) Istanbul is the mixture of the two continents. Also, since it is actually partly in Europe, calling it the most populated city in Europe isn't technically wrong either.

Geographically Israel is in Asia, although Israel is banned from a lot of Asian sport and cultural events in Asia cause of the hate towards Israel. Plus a lot Israel sport teams are labeled as "European sports teams".

Does not make it not Asia. North Korea is an ass of a country but it's still Asia.

And during the Third Crusade, there is no Israel. No matter what you say, Israel is still in Middle East and Middle East is still in Asia.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 funsohng

@lordlors said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

@lordlors said:

@Gue1 said:

Your barometer for a country's technological achievements and scientific prowess is based off if they know about certain video game genres?

Don't forget the entire population having to know the language of a foreign country! Nothing's more technologically advanced than that!

Don't you know that English is the language of science and technology? Man. You speak it but you don't know the worth of it. Very sad. Go live and study computers in Japan and you'll see. They're behind in knowing how to use Unity, UE engine, Source, DirectX, etc. They also don't have the latest information on what's new in programming because you know they don't understand English. They have to wait for translations. Japanese mostly borrows technological words from English and bastardizes them anyway. lol

??

You actually believe coders in Japan code their games in Japanese?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ballroompirate

@funsohng: And 75% of Russia is in Asia while the rest is in Europe, you don't go around saying Russia is apart of Asia just cause it's in Asia, well technically you aren't wrong or right by saying it's part of EU or Asia, you can honestly go with one or the other. Israel is banned in anything to do with it's fellow "Asia" countries while EU countries haven't.

Also this pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say

"Israel is located in the Asian continent, but because of political problems with the Arab countries that falls in Asia too, Israel is considered a European country.

Israel officially is recognized as an European country,although it is located in Asia, it falls southern Lebanon,Syria,and Turkey,where Turkey is the border of Asia and Europe,more precisely the Bosfor."

Also given the chance I'm sure N Korea would be there own Region if they could.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@Ballroompirate: Oooooooh, Assassins Creed in North Korea. Now we're talking!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jg4xchamp

Crusade era Israel is not Europe.

Pretending otherwise is being ignorant of facts about history and geography during a certain time frame. If they had done Isreal in a modern setting, you'd have an argument because of politics, all the while ignoring you know physical geography. But AssCreed 1's setting is crusade era Middle East, that is not Europe, that has never been Europe, it's Asia. You are arguing against facts mate.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ballroompirate

@PhazonBlazer said:

@Ballroompirate: Oooooooh, Assassins Creed in North Korea. Now we're talking!

No please anything but that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Too Little Too Late, Mark Of The Ninja beat them to the punch so Ubisoft can whatever they feel like, I don't care anymore.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#75  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9: I see you're as derp as ever, congrats on being daft if you thought I actually meant ALL of the AC games, even being exaggerated in my comment I wasn't far off (which is kinda sad)

4 out of 9 games take place in Europe, that's 44% of the Assassin's Creed taking place in Europe, if they make another AC game that takes place in Europe that's 5 out 10 games/ 50% of the AC games taking place in Europe.

There's other timelines and cultures to explore like Japan, Russia and Australia, god forbid THEY SPICE IT UP

I guess you missed this: "Rather, it has to do with you saying something hyperbolic and stupid yet again." So yes, I knew your comment was exaggeration, but it's still stupid and you're still trying to save face. You're complaining about them not using any other setting but Europe but ignoring that they used different settings in the last two entries. Also, AC: Revelations is debatable. If only 3 games are TRULY in Europe (or even 4 as that's less than half), you have no argument. Saying "I was exaggerating" is no defense for idiocy. If like 80% of the games were set in Europe, your hyperbole might make sense, but saying that based on less than half (and 44% is generous) is just absurd. That you think that your hyperbole "wasn't far off" shows that you're the one who can't do math.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By GreySeal9
@jg4xchamp said:

Crusade era Israel is not Europe.

Pretending otherwise is being ignorant of facts about history and geography during a certain time frame. If they had done Isreal in a modern setting, you'd have an argument because of politics, all the while ignoring you know physical geography. But AssCreed 1's setting is crusade era Middle East, that is not Europe, that has never been Europe, it's Asia. You are arguing against facts mate.

That's pretty much his MO. Dude can't admit when he's wrong.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jg4xchamp

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Too Little Too Late, Mark Of The Ninja beat them to the punch so Ubisoft can whatever they feel like, I don't care anymore.

lolwut?

Mark of the Ninja is terrific, way better game than Ass Creed has ever been. But Mark of the Ninja is not feudal Japan.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Lulu_Lulu

@jg4xchamp

I don't care if Mark Of The Ninja was set in Jabba the huts @sshole, the only reason for choosing that setting is just to play as Ninjas, might aswell drop the setting entirely and just keep the Ninjas ! :)

better yet, use Kunoichis, games dont have enough Kunoichis !

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By funsohng

@Ballroompirate said:

@funsohng: And 75% of Russia is in Asia while the rest is in Europe, you don't go around saying Russia is apart of Asia just cause it's in Asia, well technically you aren't wrong or right by saying it's part of EU or Asia, you can honestly go with one or the other. Israel is banned in anything to do with it's fellow "Asia" countries while EU countries haven't.

"Israel is located in the Asian continent, but because of political problems with the Arab countries that falls in Asia too, Israel is considered a European country.

Israel officially is recognized as an European country,although it is located in Asia, it falls southern Lebanon,Syria,and Turkey,where Turkey is the border of Asia and Europe,more precisely the Bosfor."

"Israel/ˈɪzrəl/, officially the State of Israel (Hebrew: מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל, Medīnat Yisrā'el, IPA: [mediˈnat jisʁaˈʔel] ( listen); Arabic: دولة إِسرائيل‎, Dawlat Isrāʼīl, IPA: [dawlat ʔisraːˈʔiːl]), is a country in Western Asia." - Wikipedia.
"a republic in SW Asia, on the Mediterranean: formed as a Jewish state May 1948. 7984 sq. mi. (20,679 sq. km)." - Dictionary.com
No matter what the f*ck you do, Israel is in Asia, and that will never change. They can participate in European sphere, but the boundary is clear. And you give me a quote (which I found out to be some random guy's answer in Yahoo Answers, whose answer wasn't even voted to be right) without a source?

Russia is considered "European" because of several reasons. 1) The Russian state, which has its roots from Kievan Rus, started in Europe, 2) European Russia is far more populated than Asian Russia, 3) Asian Russia was usually considered colonial territory during Imperial Russia, and 4) it's culturally East European.

And whatever the hell you say still doesn't make AC1 set in "Europe."

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GreySeal9

@funsohng said:

And you give me a quote (which I found out to be some random guy's answer in Yahoo Answers, whose answer wasn't even voted to be right) without a source?

lol. That's pretty embarrassing, BRP.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I guess you missed this: "Rather, it has to do with you saying something hyperbolic and stupid yet again." So yes, I knew your comment was exaggeration, but it's still stupid and you're still trying to save face. You're complaining about them not using any other setting but Europe but ignoring that they used different settings in the last two entries. Also, AC: Revelations is debatable. If only 3 games are TRULY in Europe (or even 4 as that's less than half), you have no argument. Saying "I was exaggerating" is no defense for idiocy. If like 80% of the games were set in Europe, your hyperbole might make sense, but saying that based on less than half (and 44% is generous) is just absurd. That you think that your hyperbole "wasn't far off" shows that you're the one who can't do math.

Europe and NA oh how original!! /golf clap, also Unity is going back to Europe while Rogue is going back to NA. I find it funny and pathetic you have no issue with 4 out of 9 games taking place in the same continent lol, and glad you totally ignored the issue with 2 of those being in Italy while the other is in France, GG daft Greyseal as always lol XD.

You might want to un wined your jimmies before you get pissed even further lol

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ballroompirate

@funsohng said:

@Ballroompirate said:

"Israel/ˈɪzrəl/, officially the State of Israel (Hebrew: מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל, Medīnat Yisrā'el, IPA: [mediˈnat jisʁaˈʔel] ( listen); Arabic: دولة إِسرائيل‎, Dawlat Isrāʼīl, IPA: [dawlat ʔisraːˈʔiːl]), is a country in Western Asia." - Wikipedia.

"a republic in SW Asia, on the Mediterranean: formed as a Jewish state May 1948. 7984 sq. mi. (20,679 sq. km)." - Dictionary.com

No matter what the f*ck you do, Israel is in Asia, and that will never change. They can participate in European sphere, but the boundary is clear. And you give me a quote (which I found out to be some random guy's answer in Yahoo Answers, whose answer wasn't even voted to be right) without a source?

Russia is considered "European" because of several reasons. 1) The Russian state, which has its roots from Kievan Rus, started in Europe, 2) European Russia is far more populated than Asian Russia, 3) Asian Russia was usually considered colonial territory during Imperial Russia, and 4) it's culturally East European.

Didn't know we started to use Wikipedia as reliable source :P

Also big difference between stating something and trying to describe a point using a quote. Actually I don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you have no desire to see AC in a feudal Japan XD.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Europe and NA oh how original!! /golf clap, also Unity is going back to Europe while Rogue is going back to NA. I find it funny and pathetic you have no issue with 4 out of 9 games taking place in the same continent lol, and glad you totally ignored the issue with 2 of those being in Italy while the other is in France, GG daft Greyseal as always lol XD.

Oh, look. The "u mad" defense. Never seen that before.

Who cares if two are Italy and one is in France? That doesn't change that 3 games being 100% in Europe doesn't in any way equate to your dumb hyperbole.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Who cares if two are Italy and one is in France? That doesn't change that 3 games being truly in Europe doesn't in any way equate to your dumb hyperbole.

Counting to 4 is hard for you I know

AC1: Asia

AC2: Europe (1)

ACB: Europe (2)

ACR: Asia+Europe (3)

AC3: North America

AC4: Caribbean

AC Unity: Europe (4)

AC Rogue: North America

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Who cares if two are Italy and one is in France? That doesn't change that 3 games being truly in Europe doesn't in any way equate to your dumb hyperbole.

Can you not read? I said 3 are TRULY in Europe. AC: R is a grey area because it straddles the line between Europe and Asia.

And anyway, even if I give you AC: R, 4/9 does not in any way equate to your stupid hyperbole.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@funsohng said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Also big difference between stating something and trying to describe a point using a quote. Actually I don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you have no desire to see AC in a feudal Japan XD.

At least he has a source.

Seriously. You are such an oaf. It's almost painful to watch.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Hahahahaha...

Omg those assholes. They know people want this and it's an IOS joint/ card game? Pffft.

They must really hate us.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Can you not read? I said 3 are TRULY in Europe. AC: R is a grey area because it straddles the line between Europe and Asia.

And anyway, even if I give you AC: R, 4/9 does not in any way equate to your stupid hyperbole.

God you're such a dumbass it hurts lol.

Please never do a job that requires any basic math XD, also you using the word hyperbole wrong is pretty sad. Keep at it ol chap, it's getting too easy.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

God you're such a dumbass it hurts lol.

Please never do a job that requires any basic math XD, also you using the word hyperbole wrong is pretty sad. Keep at it ol chap, it's getting too easy.

I'd love for you tell me how I'm using the word hyperbole wrong.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9:

You know Hyperbole means "not to be taken seriously" and you being pissy about my "hyperbole" is just so cute XD

Example "I'd give my left arm for an ice cold beer" or "That bear looked like it could be as tall as a giraffe" or "I must have walked 100 miles in the past 5 min"

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9:

You know Hyperbole means "not to be taken seriously" and you being pissy about my "hyperbole" is just so cute XD

Example "I'd give my left arm for an ice cold beer" or "That bear looked like it could be as tall as a giraffe" or "I must have walked 100 miles in the past 5 min"

lol.

Using hyperbole doesn't mean that any stupid comment you make is valid. Hyperbole is only applicable in situations in which it makes some kind of contextual sense; you wouldn't use hyperbole to say something is scalding if it was only lukewarm. If 80% of the AC games were in Europe, then the hyperbole might work, but it's absurd to use it to describe a situation in which only 4 games at best were set in Europe and the last two entries weren't. 4 games is not even a majority.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#92 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

So I bought AC then AC 2 at launch. Not bad, but until 3 I wasn't all that thrilled by the setting. But 3 was meh. Feudal Japan screams for it and its an iPad game? Hi............I killed your mommy and your mommy's dead..........

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Will buy day 1 if it has giant enemy crabs.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ballroompirate

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9:

lol.

Using hyperbole doesn't mean that any stupid comment you make is valid. Hyperbole is only applicable in situations in which it makes some kind of contextual sense; you wouldn't use hyperbole to say something is scalding if it was only lukewarm. If 80% of the AC games were in Europe, then the hyperbole might work, but it's absurd to use it to describe a situation in which only 4 games at best were set in Europe and the last two entries weren't. 4 games is not even a majority.

Holy shyt it's like talking to wall

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GreySeal9

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GreySeal9:

lol.

Holy shyt it's like talking to wall

Translation: you're right and I have no response.

Protip: putting a bit more thought into what you say and learning to admit when you're wrong (this is also applicable to the Israel argument) will go a long way in doing something about the fact that you have a reputation for being a massive idiot on these forums.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 funsohng

@Ballroompirate said:

And yahoo answers is. I love this place. SW never changes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Hope they don't ever make a proper AC game in feudal japan just to pander to the weeaboos. I don't want to climb 10 foot tall huts.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Lulu_Lulu

@funsohng

Rule 1 of System Wars.... Never admit you're wrong... Never admit defeat....

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Just when I was about to say "about fucking time"... fucking card game, for goddamn iOS nonetheless.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#100  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts
@parkurtommo said:

The point is that the overwhelming majority of RTS and MOBA players are not English speakers.

@lordlors said:

Don't you know that English is the language of science and technology? Man. You speak it but you don't know the worth of it. Very sad. Go live and study computers in Japan and you'll see. They're behind in knowing how to use Unity, UE engine, Source, DirectX, etc. They also don't have the latest information on what's new in programming because you know they don't understand English. They have to wait for translations. Japanese mostly borrows technological words from English and bastardizes them anyway. lol

Back in the 80's and 90's, it was English speakers who were behind Japanese speakers when it came to the latest video game graphics. Why didn't the English language benefit us back then?

And by "bastardizes", you mean the same way the English language frequently bastardizes words from foreign languages?