New Xbox One IP to be revealed at E3? More about 1st party.

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@slim70: how is it not a legitimate question?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Give it to me, Phil. Give me a reason to care about Xbox again.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@slim70 said:

@lostrib said:

It's a legitimate question

Says the troll.

It really gets old having to burst the XBox fanboys bubble when they call people trolls or fanboys despite..

the fact that

they are merely demonstrating

the ability to ignore the very company they are claiming make their panties wet.

Want to know what a troll looks like? Got a mirror?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yeah....I was like WHAAAAAAA

Yo dawg, what's good in da hood?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Bigboi500: I do not know, as I live in the suburbs and drink fine wine accompanied by carefully selected cheeses.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

@slim70 said:

@lostrib said:

It's a legitimate question

Says the troll.

It really gets old having to burst the XBox fanboys bubble when they call people trolls or fanboys despite..

the fact that

they are merely demonstrating

the ability to ignore the very company they are claiming make their panties wet.

Want to know what a troll looks like? Got a mirror?

I was mostly referencing the xbox on windows 10 stuff (which is in your last link)

But just looking at MS's own info pages:

"Fable Legends is just the first of the major game franchises from Microsoft Studios coming to Windows 10 and we will have more to share in the coming months."

"Xbox is coming to Windows, bringing its expansive gaming community and its collection of award-winning Xbox game franchises with it."

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Dear Phil,

Please do better than fucking Sunset Overdrive, because that game is boring as **** and ugly as ****. Plastic green tree crowns? The game should be a $20 downloadable game.

You can do better, much better.

I play the free trail that MS offer, I download it, played it for only an hour, and it didn't sunk me in. The controls was stupid, boring as **** as you said, and the humor was fucking awful. Phil better come through at E3.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

man, phil is a rad guy. i wish he had been in charge of the Xbox division a long time ago instead of that other fucking douche, don.

He does appear to listen to and understand criticism better than some other Xbox heads have. Focusing on third party at E3 is a criticism I've seen levied at MS at a lot of past E3s and his tweet seems to indicate he's aware of it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@nyadc said:

I enjoyed it, I just wish that you didn't have to constantly be in motion. I wish it were something you could do to traverse the world but I would have liked it to not be mandatory for survival.

Yeah, I mean I enjoy it too for what it's worth, but before I got it I constantly read comparisons between this and Infamous Second Son and thought they were legit... until I played Sunset Overdrive. SS completely destroys this game, and SS isn't exactly the pinnacle of open world games.

Second Son has every drawback Sunset has, with none of the positives sans it looks pretty. It's just as mindless of an action game, except dialed back from its predecessors with a shitty morality system. Sunset is at least somewhat different being built around momentum, and adding something to help more skillful play. The problem is that like Infamous, it has really boring ass predictable open world mission design.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Bigboi500

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@nyadc said:

I enjoyed it, I just wish that you didn't have to constantly be in motion. I wish it were something you could do to traverse the world but I would have liked it to not be mandatory for survival.

Yeah, I mean I enjoy it too for what it's worth, but before I got it I constantly read comparisons between this and Infamous Second Son and thought they were legit... until I played Sunset Overdrive. SS completely destroys this game, and SS isn't exactly the pinnacle of open world games.

Second Son has every drawback Sunset has, with none of the positives sans it looks pretty. It's just as mindless of an action game, except dialed back from its predecessors with a shitty morality system. Sunset is at least somewhat different being built around momentum, and adding something to help more skillful play. The problem is that like Infamous, it has really boring ass predictable open world mission design.

They're both boring as all hell, sure enough. :( Part of the problem might be that folks like us just play too many games and there isn't much that can satisfy us anymore. lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Hope it's Dead Rising 4, at this rate MS should just buy Blue Castle/ Capcom Vancouver and the Dead Rising IP from Capcom. Blue Castle is in Vancouver BC with other MS assets, close to it's Washington state headquarters, all would be good. Plus, Capcom's development and publishing strategy probably does't leave much room for valuing either the Vancouver BC studio or the Dead Rising IP.

Then again if that were ever announced everyone would be in an uproar like MS went around murdering school children.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I would hope we would see an exclusive new IP from all three at E3.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jg4xchamp

@Bigboi500 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

They're both boring as all hell, sure enough. :( Part of the problem might be that folks like us just play too many games and there isn't much that can satisfy us anymore. lol

On some level that might be true, but I look at it another way. The other level is that boring game design is going to be boring game design. If Bayonetta fails to capture an audience because the mc is a slut, then...well it is what it is. They created a character that people didn't enjoy, ergo yes that is potentially short coming of that game (personally I think she's very well done, if over sexualized with some of the camera angles).

In that context I dig action games, and my expectations are built on years of gameplay. Which would be one drawback if the games were just creatively dull. Donkey Kong last year was derivative as hell for a platformer, but it was still easy to appreciate as a well made game - tight mechanics, well paced levels, fun bosses, solid variety, etc. Sunset/Infamous on top of being run of the mill in their mission designs, just out right have boring missions. That entire genre has skated by on poor mission designs for awhile now. It doesn't help their cause when Sunset is simply too easy and infamous is mind numbing and tedious to go along with their dull missions.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bigboi500

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

On some level that might be true, but I look at it another way. The other level is that boring game design is going to be boring game design. If Bayonetta fails to capture an audience because the mc is a slut, then...well it is what it is. They created a character that people didn't enjoy, ergo yes that is potentially short coming of that game (personally I think she's very well done, if over sexualized with some of the camera angles).

In that context I dig action games, and my expectations are built on years of gameplay. Which would be one drawback if the games were just creatively dull. Donkey Kong last year was derivative as hell for a platformer, but it was still easy to appreciate as a well made game - tight mechanics, well paced levels, fun bosses, solid variety, etc. Sunset/Infamous on top of being run of the mill in their mission designs, just out right have boring missions. That entire genre has skated by on poor mission designs for awhile now. It doesn't help their cause when Sunset is simply too easy and infamous is mind numbing and tedious to go along with their dull missions.

Have you tried First Light through PS+ ? I tried to get in to it just to find out what happened to Fletch, but was so boring that I couldn't. I agree that the genre seems to have run out of ideas.

We now have more games to play than ever before, but a large portion of them just... I don't know, don't seem to have what it takes to excite me like the games did in the past. I know there are still great games being made today, and they will continue in the future, but I guess I'm just wondering how and where the "oh snap" moments are gonna come from?

I'm very open-minded most of the time when it comes to gaming, and I hate the feelings I have for so many games that turn out "boring" when I know these companies and developers are working hard to bring us these things. I guess it's just extremely hard these days to produce that "woah" kind of game that we saw so much more of in the past.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jg4xchamp

@Bigboi500 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Have you tried First Light through PS+ ? I tried to get in to it just to find out what happened to Fletch, but was so boring that I couldn't. I agree that the genre seems to have run out of ideas.

We now have more games to play than ever before, but a large portion of them just... I don't know, don't seem to have what it takes to excite me like the games did in the past. I know there are still great games being made today, and they will continue in the future, but I guess I'm just wondering how and where the "oh snap" moments are gonna come from?

I'm very open-minded most of the time when it comes to gaming, and I hate the feelings I have for so many games that turn out "boring" when I know these companies and developers are working hard to bring us these things. I guess it's just extremely hard these days to produce that "woah" kind of game that we saw so much more of in the past.

Nah I just didn't care at that point.

I think Rockstar took some interesting steps forward with GTA 5, first with the multilayered missions with the heists. That's actually a smart addition, the rest of the game builds up to those really fun segments. The other thing is that it was built more around excitement and the toy aspect of being in an open world game, so some of the missions in a way could be broken, as opposed to the heavy ass scripting that GTA 4 does, Red Dead does, infamous does, etc, so if they loosed their grip on the game it would be wise.

In that way a game like Crackdown was more forward thinking, ti give you an actual sandbox to play with a bunch of tools and options to take advantage of to tackle your objectives how you see fit. Problem was it had the same objective for every single mission lol. Shadow of Mordor sort of went that route with making the enemy metagame thing it had going on, but it's a bit half-baked and married to a traditional open world structure with buttcreed climbing and batman combat, if they built a whole game around that shit it would be killer. Unless they Mercs 2 it.