New Vita, New Touch Screen and Extra Battery, Learn Nintendo

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Locutus_Picard: I thought the Vita 2000 launched in Europe already?

Only in UK. I'm looking to import a white/blue Vita 2000 sometime.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts
@Zophar87 said:

Lol.. The 3DS doesn't need to learn shit from the Vita.

Dual joysticks, it's not 2006 anymore.
Good screen quality and resolution.
Having an unified online network ID across all platforms.

The 3DS was designed with 2006 mentality and 2004 technology. Vita took 3ds to school and detained it for littering the sandbox.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts
@Slimmin360 said:

Well Nintendo can certainly take a lesson from Sony.

Sony puts out a new model Vita and the new model actually has improvements over it's predecessor,

It doesn't.The crappy lcd screen is way way worse than older oled and that's a fact.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@PsychoLemons The PSPgo is a truly amazing handheld for anyone intelligent enjoy to use it to its full potential.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55  Edited By GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

no matter what the LCD screen is a big turn off

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Slimmin360

1. The 3DS XL does not have less battery life. In fact, it's slightly more.

2. Adding a second thumb stick is a stupid idea and it should never happen for any iteration of the 3DS line, and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

3. XL has a better finish and physical design.

4. XL has better buttons below the touch screen.

5. Vita needs to do a pack in as well as reduce the quality to make the price cheaper because they're on the back foot, not Nintendo. Nintendo does not need to learn from a failing handheld. All in all, the XL has ONLY on par or improvements over the original, where as the Vita has a mix.

You're simply making factually false claims.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@PsychoLemons The PSPgo is a truly amazing handheld for anyone intelligent enjoy to use it to its full potential.

Intelligent people didn't buy the PSPgo, because it was a piece of shit.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

Anyone else find the constant changes to handhelds annoying? Why can't they get it right the first time.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@JangoWuzHere: Lmao ignorant

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@santoron said:

Don't forget, the new Vita model adds 1gb of internal memory and the bundle ships with an 8gb card.

Yeah, but the memory is fragmented into two separate partitions, so it's singularly pointless. The 8GB inclusion is a nice touch, but it's on a per region basis, and not a universal inclusion with the SKU.

@Slimmin360 said:

Ok, i'll give you the XL's improved battery life, but i notice you don't mention the lack of improved 3DS XL screen resolution, how the heck do you make a screen 70% bigger than it's predecessor and not improve the resolution? Did Nintendo think no one would notice, Come on, Even though Sony went from OLED to LCD the difference in resolution won't be nearly as noticeable as going from that little original 3DS screen to the 3DS XL.

Let's not forget the hinge issue for all DS and 3DS gamers with huge tempers when they play, the harder you slam your hands downward in frustration at a game the more likely the top screen is to flip right off it's hinge, a rare occurence i grant you, but it has happened to few people in my own little circle of life, but it's not something that can happen to a single screen device like a Vita.

Because they can't change the resolution without fragmenting their userbase. Why is this something that you are not understanding? 3DS specs are set in stone, they can't mess with them unless they want to splinter their userbase into two (higher res/lower res, or dual analog/mono analog). More importantly, the lower PPI on the XL almost never shows.

The hinge issue is also not an issue on the XL, it's got a sturdier build that reinforces the hinge. And you want to talk about the Vita, how about the fact that the 3DS clamshell protects the system's screen from getting scratched, whereas there is nothing protecting the Vita's screens?

@SolidGame_basic said:

One downside to 3DS XL that doesn't seem to get mentioned often is the extra weight. It gets annoying holding it in certain positions,

This is true, the XL is significantly less portable than the original 3DS. However, I find it to be about as portable as a regular Vita (although with significantly poorer ergonomics).

Not arguing the memory because in comparison the 3DS doesn't have near the amount thats included with the Vita, internal or external.

Original 3DS games could've been displayed in a smaller window, as the gameboy advance games were on the original DS, then for every game released after the 3DS XL's release could've been offered in a higher resolution or an HD update could've been offered per 3DS game as an update, something, they could've arranged something if they bumped up the resolution for the larger screen.

The Vita may not be a clamshell device but it does come with a foam sleeve, and dozens of Sony and 3rd party cases can be bought for extra protection.

Speaking of bad ergonomics the 3DS XL's are some of the worst, how many times have people accidentally hit the speaker volume slider up or down during gameplay, or the stiffness in the thumbs that you get from an hour or more of gameplay because the thumbstick and buttons are higher up on the 3DS, instead of having the easy to use lower and even thumbsticks on the Vita.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@Blabadon said:

No, you're ignorant, PSP go sold like total garbage. PSP go had no UMD drive, had a smaller screen, and had a poor wireless set up. PSP 3000 was cheaper and has access to the entire PSP library. PSP go has been out for years and is still missing like half of the entire PSP game library. The only people that bought the psp go were suckers and dweebs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#62 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@santoron said:

Don't forget, the new Vita model adds 1gb of internal memory and the bundle ships with an 8gb card.

Yeah, but the memory is fragmented into two separate partitions, so it's singularly pointless. The 8GB inclusion is a nice touch, but it's on a per region basis, and not a universal inclusion with the SKU.

@Slimmin360 said:

Ok, i'll give you the XL's improved battery life, but i notice you don't mention the lack of improved 3DS XL screen resolution, how the heck do you make a screen 70% bigger than it's predecessor and not improve the resolution? Did Nintendo think no one would notice, Come on, Even though Sony went from OLED to LCD the difference in resolution won't be nearly as noticeable as going from that little original 3DS screen to the 3DS XL.

Let's not forget the hinge issue for all DS and 3DS gamers with huge tempers when they play, the harder you slam your hands downward in frustration at a game the more likely the top screen is to flip right off it's hinge, a rare occurence i grant you, but it has happened to few people in my own little circle of life, but it's not something that can happen to a single screen device like a Vita.

Because they can't change the resolution without fragmenting their userbase. Why is this something that you are not understanding? 3DS specs are set in stone, they can't mess with them unless they want to splinter their userbase into two (higher res/lower res, or dual analog/mono analog). More importantly, the lower PPI on the XL almost never shows.

The hinge issue is also not an issue on the XL, it's got a sturdier build that reinforces the hinge. And you want to talk about the Vita, how about the fact that the 3DS clamshell protects the system's screen from getting scratched, whereas there is nothing protecting the Vita's screens?

@SolidGame_basic said:

One downside to 3DS XL that doesn't seem to get mentioned often is the extra weight. It gets annoying holding it in certain positions,

This is true, the XL is significantly less portable than the original 3DS. However, I find it to be about as portable as a regular Vita (although with significantly poorer ergonomics).

Not arguing the memory because in comparison the 3DS doesn't have near the amount thats included with the Vita, internal or external.

Original 3DS games could've been displayed in a smaller window, as the gameboy advance games were on the original DS, then for every game released after the 3DS XL's release could've been offered in a higher resolution or an HD update could've been offered per 3DS game as an update, something, they could've arranged something if they bumped up the resolution for the larger screen.

The Vita may not be a clamshell device but it does come with a foam sleeve, and dozens of Sony and 3rd party cases can be bought for extra protection.

Speaking of bad ergonomics the 3DS XL's are some of the worst, how many times have people accidentally hit the speaker volume slider up or down during gameplay, or the stiffness in the thumbs that you get from an hour or more of gameplay because the thumbstick and buttons are higher up on the 3DS, instead of having the easy to use lower and even thumbsticks on the Vita.

Once again, you are wrong. Not only does the 3DS have on board internal memory, but every system comes with a 4GB SD card included right off the bat; if you want more, you can either use any of the presumably dozens of SD cards you have lying around at home, or buy high capacity ones for less than $20 from anywhere you want, instead of spending a fucking $100 to get 32 GB of slow ass proprietary memory.

More importantly, the 3DS does not need memory- Vita games won't even fucking start without the memory cards, 3DS doesn't have any such bullshit going on.

And once again, are you mentally challenged? You. Don't. Change. The. Specs. Of. A. System. Mid. Cycle. Do you understand? The resolution is frozen, until they come out with a successor.

And yes, more pointless shit you need to buy for the Vita so that it does what the 3DS does to begin with (in this case foam sleeves and cases)! Truly, Sony cares for us. Or our money, anyway.

Yes, 3DS has shitty ergonomics. I already said that. Preaching to the choir.

Such a poor troll you are. Blatantly lying, clutching at straws, trying whatever you can to make the Vita look better. Lol, just lol.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Blabadon

@charizard1605: Literally what you do for the 3DS lol

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 inb4uall

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Blabadon said:

No, you're ignorant, PSP go sold like total garbage. PSP go had no UMD drive, had a smaller screen, and had a poor wireless set up. PSP 3000 was cheaper and has access to the entire PSP library. PSP go has been out for years and is still missing like half of the entire PSP game library. The only people that bought the psp go were suckers and dweebs.

LOL I PLAY SALEZ GUYZ. Do some research before you make a fool of yourself.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Blabadon

@JangoWuzHere: I have an idea. Tell me your PayPal address so I can send your dumbass money so you can buy a dictionary. Easier yet, check dictionary.com for a definition of ignorant.

Get off a gaming forum if you're going to be a tool.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JangoWuzHere

@Blabadon said:

@JangoWuzHere: I have an idea. Tell me your PayPal address so I can send your dumbass money so you can buy a dictionary. Easier yet, check dictionary.com for a definition of ignorant.

I suggest you look actually follow your own advice you fool. You must have got suckered into paying for one and feel like you have to defend your own bad purchase. The only people that could call the system amazing are people who are ignorant of the fact that other psps exist

@inb4uall said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Blabadon said:

lol lame hipster, people that defend the psp go are the only ones making fools of themselves.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 inb4uall

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Blabadon said:

I suggest you look actually follow your own advice you fool. You must have got suckered into paying for one and feel like you have to defend your own bad purchase. The only people that could call the system amazing are people who are ignorant of the fact that other psps exist

@inb4uall said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Blabadon said:

lol lame hipster, people that defend the psp go are the only ones making fools of themselves.

look up custom firmware then educate yourself before coming back here.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@inb4uall said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Blabadon said:

look up custom firmware then educate yourself before coming back here.

Jesus christ, you think your're super smart or something? Any soul that has heard about the psp knows what custom firmware is. However, you didn't need a lame ass psp go to use it. You could use any other psp and it would be a far more complete experience.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Blabadon

Jango arguing cuz he's poor lmao

"G-G-G-GUYS STOPPPPP MAKING ME FEEL POOR YOU'RE JUSTIFYING YOU'RE JUSTIFYING I CAN'T HEAAAAR YOU"

What a tool. Doesn't even know what ignorance is.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the benefit of the PSP GO? From what I understand, it wasn't necessary to own a PSP GO in order to take advantage of custom firmware. I couldn't get over the fact that it was the same shape as Cartman so I never really bothered to look into one.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Blabadon

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the benefit of the PSP GO? From what I understand, it wasn't necessary to own a PSP GO in order to take advantage of custom firmware. I couldn't get over the fact that it was the same shape as Cartman so I never really bothered to look into one.

Just extremely portable and it had a save state option. For the price it can be found today (~60 proper, non-Canadian, non-fucked-up, actual Murican dollars), it's an ergonomic dream and a fantastic diverse system with custom firmware.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#72  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

There's nothing new to learn from that revision.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#73 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Heil68 said:

You could say that SONY is the true by gamers for gamers company.

But you'd be lying. Sony is like any company. Looking to increase revenue. You like their products, I like their products, but I wont let my emotions become invested in business.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this is how nintendo will learn from the vita...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@Xaero_Gravity said:

There was none, it was an overpriced system and had no UMD drive. The system was built cheaply and button placement was questionable. The PSP 3000 was superior to it in every way.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@Blabadon said:

Jango arguing cuz he's poor lmao

"G-G-G-GUYS STOPPPPP MAKING ME FEEL POOR YOU'RE JUSTIFYING YOU'RE JUSTIFYING I CAN'T HEAAAAR YOU"

What a tool. Doesn't even know what ignorance is.

Lol, what an asshat.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

3DS XL actually extended the battery life, and the increase in screen size was a significant improvement, more so than the increase in screen size between the Vita models... show's what you know, but then again why should Nintendo take notes from Sony, the 3DS is making the Vita look like a joke in sales

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

I prefer Nintendo's way. That would piss me off. I'd hate to buy an expensive console, only to find out that a new one with improvements like that is coming. It makes me hold off on buying.

I don't mind about the other stuff, but the improved rear touch would bother me.

If I had a Nintendo 3DS console and I found out they had improved or added an extra thumb stick, or they had improved the 3D ability, it would bother me. I'm not bothered by changes in screen sizes, or improved battery life, that's fair imo.

Its different on home consoles, if they improve the controller, you can just buy the new version.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

I gotta admit, even as a Vita fan, that's pretty funny.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Slimmin360

@KBFloYd said:

Your forgetting one thing Nintendo has no account transfer so if you owned an original 3DS and spent as little as $20 or as much as $200 in the Nintendo e-shop, and then you decide to trade your 3DS towards a 3DS XL all your content is gone and has to be bought all over again.

I had the Vita when it first came out and bought 8 to 10 games from PSN and that content will be waiting there for me to download when i pick up my new PS Vita 2000 next week.

That is what Nintendo can learn from Sony.....

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Did they fix the sticks? Didn't think so...

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#82 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I love Sony but, Nintendo has dominated and is still dominating the handheld scene for quite some time now. Ever since the Gameboy, Nintendo's handhelds have been sitting on the number 1 spot. The PSP and Vita are great handhelds, don't get me wrong, but if anything it is Sony that needs to learn from Nintendo when it comes to handhelds. Got to give it to Sony for dominating the home console scene though.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Slimmin360

@DaBrainz said:

Did they fix the sticks? Didn't think so...

Fix what sticks? Are you thinking of the PS4's thumbsticks because there is nothing wrong with the Vita's thumbsticks, and if there was, i'm sure the 2000 model has improved them.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Slimmin360

@-paranorman- said:

I love Sony but, Nintendo has dominated and is still dominating the handheld scene for quite some time now. Ever since the Gameboy, Nintendo's handhelds have been sitting on the number 1 spot. The PSP and Vita are great handhelds, don't get me wrong, but if anything it is Sony that needs to learn from Nintendo when it comes to handhelds. Got to give it to Sony for dominating the home console scene though.

NO ACCOUNT TRANSFER !!! Does anyone get that, or does every Nintendo fanboy who ever bought an original 3DS and upgraded to a 3DS XL simply not care about spending the money on the E-Shop all over again to buy the exact same games they had on the original 3DS.

That point by itself is enough to choose Sony's portable over Nintendo's, and i for one will enjoy the games i bought almost 2 years ago on the old Vita i had, WHY? BECAUSE THERE STILL ON MY PSN ACCOUNT !!!!

That's how you do it Nintendo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

NO ACCOUNT TRANSFER !!! Does anyone get that, or does every Nintendo fanboy who ever bought an original 3DS and upgraded to a 3DS XL simply not care about spending the money on the E-Shop all over again to buy the exact same games they had on the original 3DS.

That point by itself is enough to choose Sony's portable over Nintendo's, and i for one will enjoy the games i bought almost 2 years ago on the old Vita i had, WHY? BECAUSE THERE STILL ON MY PSN ACCOUNT !!!!

Tough shit- your accounts transfer from system to system. It's a longer, more tedious process, but it can be done.

Try again.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Slimmin360

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Tough shit- your accounts transfer from system to system. It's a longer, more tedious process, but it can be done.

Try again.

You can not transfer your Nintendo account from your original 3DS if you already traded in the system, you would have to have both systems in hand to transfer it otherwise your out of luck and you lost everything you bought from the E-shop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

You can not transfer your Nintendo account from your original 3DS if you already traded in the system, you would have to have both systems in hand to transfer it otherwise your out of luck and you lost everything you bought from the E-shop.

Sure, so just transfer before and trade it in. It's inconvenient, but it can be done, you don't have to rebuy your full eShop stuff like you said at all.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Your forgetting one thing Nintendo has no account transfer so if you owned an original 3DS and spent as little as $20 or as much as $200 in the Nintendo e-shop, and then you decide to trade your 3DS towards a 3DS XL all your content is gone and has to be bought all over again.

I had the Vita when it first came out and bought 8 to 10 games from PSN and that content will be waiting there for me to download when i pick up my new PS Vita 2000 next week.

That is what Nintendo can learn from Sony.....

your thread is what nintendo can learn from vita....that unified account thing has been around since last gen....just like the dual analog stick .

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Slimmin360

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

Sure, so just transfer before and trade it in. It's inconvenient, but it can be done, you don't have to rebuy your full eShop stuff like you said at all.

If your relying on the funds from the original 3DS to pay for some of the cost of the 3DS XL how are you going to transfer it from the old one to the new one before hand?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

If your relying on the funds from the original 3DS to pay for some of the cost of the 3DS XL how are you going to transfer it from the old one to the new one before hand?

Either do it in the store (they let you), or just sell your 3DS after you bought the new one.

Again, it's not perfect, but it can be done. You are naming a situation so specific to create a strawman of an argument (your, like, eleventh one incidentally, since all your other ones were rebutted), that it's not even worth arguing with you anymore.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Slimmin360

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

Either do it in the store (they let you), or just sell your 3DS after you bought the new one.

Again, it's not perfect, but it can be done. You are naming a situation so specific to create a strawman of an argument (your, like, eleventh one incidentally, since all your other ones were rebutted), that it's not even worth arguing with you anymore.

First of all I brought up a situation with the 3DS thats happened to myself and it was no fun being the one getting screwed out of all that Nintendo content and having to buy it again.

As far as me having to grasp at straws because YOU think everything was rebutted in the 3DS's favor, WRONG!!! i absolutely do not need to grasp at anything, i truly believe the Vita is the better portable regardless of sales. It has the more powerful hardware, and it has the games for more hardcore gamers, Killzone Mercenary, God of War Collection, Dragons Crown, Rainbow Moon, Uncharted, Need for Speed...and the list goes on

How does the 3DS list begin? Super Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Nintendogs, Professor Layton, Mario Kart....PLEASE...it's so laughable to even say 3DS in the same breath as the Vita, the 3DS isn't fit to shine it's shoes.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

First of all I brought up a situation with the 3DS thats happened to myself and it was no fun being the one getting screwed out of all that Nintendo content and having to buy it again.

As far as me having to grasp at straws because YOU think everything was rebutted in the 3DS's favor, WRONG!!! i absolutely do not need to grasp at anything, i truly believe the Vita is the better portable regardless of sales. It has the more powerful hardware, and it has the games for more hardcore gamers, Killzone Mercenary, God of War Collection, Dragons Crown, Rainbow Moon, Uncharted, Need for Speed...and the list goes on

How does the 3DS list begin? Super Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Nintendogs, Professor Layton, Mario Kart....PLEASE...it's so laughable to even say 3DS in the same breath as the Vita, the 3DS isn't fit to shine it's shoes.

Resident Evil Revelations, Kindgom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, Kid Icarus, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition...

3DS isn't a hardcore gamers system and it's still winning the handheld war.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Slimmin360

@-paranorman- said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

Resident Evil Revelations, Kindgom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, Kid Icarus, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition...

Now, since you brought 3rd party 3DS games into it, goto Youtube and see a side by side comparison of any one of them shared by both the Vita and 3DS, and come back and tell me which looks better and which controls better, the 3DS with it's inferior hardware and single analog stick or the Vita with it's superior hardware and dual analog sticks.

We are all well aware of the sales, but considering Nintendo doesn't have much of a console to speak of with the Wii-U, it's no surprise that Nintendo fans will flock to it's portable, so that explains that.....but there is no denying the graphical, sound and control superiority of the Vita, especially with shared 3rd party games.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Whats killing the vita is lack of retail presence. In australia no EB games stores even have an area for the vita because all the games are purchased online. Sony made a fantastic online store but maybe relied on it too much :(

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By 93BlackHawk93

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

Tell me, what are the so great games of the Vita that lifts it so the 3DS is not even mentionable? Because mostly I see are games that are better on PS3.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

Now, since you brought 3rd party 3DS games into it, goto Youtube and see a side by side comparison of any one of them shared by both the Vita and 3DS, and come back and tell me which looks better and which controls better, the 3DS with it's inferior hardware and single analog stick or the Vita with it's superior hardware and dual analog sticks.

We are all well aware of the sales, but considering Nintendo doesn't have much of a console to speak of with the Wii-U, it's no surprise that Nintendo fans will flock to it's portable, so that explains that.....but there is no denying the graphical, sound and control superiority of the Vita, especially with shared 3rd party games.

None of the games he mentioned are on the Vita, btw. They share very few games.

Also, there's Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Rune Factory 4, Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning, Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Sons, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, Cave Story 3D, Tomodachi Life, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, Bit.Trip Saga, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Nano Assault, Tales of the Abyss, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

None of these are on the Vita.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Slimmin360

@Locutus_Picard said:

@Zophar87 said:

Lol.. The 3DS doesn't need to learn shit from the Vita.

Dual joysticks, it's not 2006 anymore.

Good screen quality and resolution.

Having an unified online network ID across all platforms.

The 3DS was designed with 2006 mentality and 2004 technology. Vita took 3ds to school and detained it for littering the sandbox.

EXACTLY !!!

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Slimmin360

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Try again.

None of the games he mentioned are on the Vita, btw. They share very few games.

Also, there's Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Rune Factory 4, Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning, Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Sons, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, Cave Story 3D, Tomodachi Life, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, Bit.Trip Saga, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Nano Assault, Tales of the Abyss, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

None of these are on the Vita.

Instead of taking up valuable time typing in all the Vita games available i'll just post a link, and you find one's you like or don't like......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Well I'll take quality over budget. Why didn't I buy a Vita in the first place? There just wasn't any games that interested me. Why don't I own a Vita now? I can't find the old model anywhere and the new one just cut too many corners. The construction of the unit is just shit.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Slimmin360

@Heirren said:

Well I'll take quality over budget. Why didn't I buy a Vita in the first place? There just wasn't any games that interested me. Why don't I own a Vita now? I can't find the old model anywhere and the new one just cut too many corners. The construction of the unit is just shit.

You know nothing about the new Vita, they cut no corners, putting an LCD screen in place of an OLED screen is a smart save on battery life without sacrificing resolution, don't believe me goto Sony's website and do a side by side spec comparison of both new and old Vita's and you'll see for yourself.