New Vita, New Touch Screen and Extra Battery, Learn Nintendo

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

By the way where the heck are all or any western RPG's on the 3DS?, what does it have in that genre....Heroes of Ruin?, thats all and thats it.

Vita has Dragons Crown, Rainbow Moon, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Dragon Fantasy book 1 & 2, Valhalla Knights series.

It's a favorite genre of mine which is nearly non-existant on the 3DS.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45055 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@Heirren said:

Well I'll take quality over budget. Why didn't I buy a Vita in the first place? There just wasn't any games that interested me. Why don't I own a Vita now? I can't find the old model anywhere and the new one just cut too many corners. The construction of the unit is just shit.

You know nothing about the new Vita, they cut no corners, putting an LCD screen in place of an OLED screen is a smart save on battery life without sacrificing resolution, don't believe me goto Sony's website and do a side by side spec comparison of both new and old Vita's and you'll see for yourself.

3DS has LCD

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Slimmin360

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@Heirren said:

Well I'll take quality over budget. Why didn't I buy a Vita in the first place? There just wasn't any games that interested me. Why don't I own a Vita now? I can't find the old model anywhere and the new one just cut too many corners. The construction of the unit is just shit.

You know nothing about the new Vita, they cut no corners, putting an LCD screen in place of an OLED screen is a smart save on battery life without sacrificing resolution, don't believe me goto Sony's website and do a side by side spec comparison of both new and old Vita's and you'll see for yourself.

3DS has LCD

Yeah an LCD with the exact same resolution as the smaller, older original 3DS.......Which would've been fine if it wasn't soooo much larger, 73% larger as Nintendo likes to brag......but no better resolution.....thats a failure in my book.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

And what is your point? The topic was stating that Nintendo should follow suit. In fact, they did. The 3ds XL screen is not of the same quality as the original model.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Slimmin360

@Heirren said:

And what is your point? The topic was stating that Nintendo should follow suit. In fact, they did. The 3ds XL screen is not of the same quality as the original model.

My point is like an earlier person responded, it's not 2006 anymore with the 3DS's single analog stick and outdated hardware, no cross network I.D. no HD resolution, it's dated, and there was no reason for it to be.

Nintendo has the same poor judgement with their portable hardware as they do with their console hardware.

Look every Nintendo fanboy in here loves to brag on how great DS or 3DS sales are right? Well then wouldn't they be even greater if Nintendo put some serious hardware in those portables and had alot more capable Zelda, Mario's and Pokemon's and so on.

Trust me if Sony is drawing anyone towards it's portable over the 3DS it's either because of one or two things.....it's either the games like Mario or Zelda are not hardcore enough for the Call of Duty, or Hack and Slasher gamer.......or it's because of the dual analog sticks, the monster hardware and the cross network user i.d. on PSN.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Slimmin360 said:

@Heirren said:

My point is like an earlier person responded, it's not 2006 anymore with the 3DS's single analog stick and outdated hardware, no cross network I.D. no HD resolution, it's dated, and there was no reason for it to be.

Nintendo has the same poor judgement with their portable hardware as they do with their console hardware.

Look every Nintendo fanboy in here loves to brag on how great DS or 3DS sales are right? Well then wouldn't they be even greater if Nintendo put some serious hardware in those portables and had alot more capable Zelda, Mario's and Pokemon's and so on.

Trust me if Sony is drawing anyone towards it's portable over the 3DS it's either because of one or two things.....it's either the games like Mario or Zelda are not hardcore enough for the Call of Duty, or Hack and Slasher gamer.......or it's because of the dual analog sticks, the monster hardware and the cross network user i.d. on PSN.

The single analog stick was a design choice. Like it or not, that is what it was, of which I've expressed my opinion on this board multiple times. However, time has shown with the library that, even if I'd prefer the second stick, it isn't really necessary.

The Nintendo Network is one of my biggest gripes with Nintendo. It is another area I've been pretty vocal here, recently.

Vita does not have "hd" resolutions. It is crisper than a 3ds, but by current standards the vita is rather low res as well. Which brings things to the hardware. The hardware is serviceable--I don't know if you own one but it has some great looking titles. In a world where portable tech moves so fast, these devices ultimately boil down to games.

Lastly, the topic mentions improvements etc etc etc. Some people much prefer the 3DSxl screen. I own an original model; the XL is a much more comfortable device to hold. the dpad is easier to use, the battery lasts a little longer, it comes with more storage, and often times a bundle comes out that packs in a game at no extra cost. There is NO logic in the initial post.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Slimmin360

@Heirren said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@Heirren said:

The single analog stick was a design choice. Like it or not, that is what it was, of which I've expressed my opinion on this board multiple times. However, time has shown with the library that, even if I'd prefer the second stick, it isn't really necessary.

The Nintendo Network is one of my biggest gripes with Nintendo. It is another area I've been pretty vocal here, recently.

Vita does not have "hd" resolutions. It is crisper than a 3ds, but by current standards the vita is rather low res as well. Which brings things to the hardware. The hardware is serviceable--I don't know if you own one but it has some great looking titles. In a world where portable tech moves so fast, these devices ultimately boil down to games.

Lastly, the topic mentions improvements etc etc etc. Some people much prefer the 3DSxl screen. I own an original model; the XL is a much more comfortable device to hold. the dpad is easier to use, the battery lasts a little longer, it comes with more storage, and often times a bundle comes out that packs in a game at no extra cost. There is NO logic in the initial post.

Let's talk about comfort, you can't tell me the 3DS XL is more comfortable to play in long durations over the Vita.

I had a 3DS XL and the top bridge of my thumbs (below the knuckle) would ache after an hour of gameplay, such discomfort never happened with the Vita.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

I think there will be a generally upgraded/refreshed 3DS later on regardless of the PSV 2K's existence.

2 sticks? I think that'll be reserved for a next gen 3DS system than a h/w refresh.

I don't have a 3DS yet but I may get a revised (and hopefully generally improved) XL.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Slimmin360

Whatever, ya' know what for what it's worth i like the 3DS and alot of 1st party Nintendo titles too, but i wish they evolved their hardware, and online along with everyone else, i'll never know why they hold back when it comes to that.

Hopefully E3 will have a pleasant surprise from Nintendo for everyone to finally enjoy.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#110 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Nintendo responded to the market plenty with the 3DS XL and the 2DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Slimmin360 said:

@Heirren said:

@Slimmin360 said:

@Heirren said:

Let's talk about comfort, you can't tell me the 3DS XL is more comfortable to play in long durations over the Vita.

I had a 3DS XL and the top bridge of my thumbs (below the knuckle) would ache after an hour of gameplay, such discomfort never happened with the Vita.

3ds is more comfortable than the vita, imo. Using the Vita with two sticks on vita is like using an original 3ds with dpads. It is one of the problems with the vita, imo, design wise. The analog sticks are a little too far down the face.

Arcturus-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112 Arcturus-Prime
Member since 2014 • 57 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Am I the only one that has considered keeping the original Vita and getting the slim?

No I'm right there with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Vita 2000 is a downgrade. I'm glad I have my original vita with it OLED screen. It looks cheaper, the design isn't as good and they made it thinner, which for me would be more uncomfortable to have it smaller. Vita got cheaper is what happened.

The 3ds XL was a improvement on every front and didn't go down in quality on any aspect.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ryangcnx-2 said:

Vita 2000 is a downgrade. I'm glad I have my original vita with it OLED screen. It looks cheaper, the design isn't as good and they made it thinner, which for me would be more uncomfortable to have it smaller. Vita got cheaper is what happened.

The 3ds XL was a improvement on every front and didn't go down in quality on any aspect.

Have you used it? And lol at 3DS xl is improvement on every front. It's not very ergonomic and it's bulky/heavy. Get out of here, fanboy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

Have you used it? And lol at 3DS xl is improvement on every front. It's not very ergonomic and it's bulky/heavy. Get out of here, fanboy!

How in the world am I a fanboy if I like the PS VITA 1000 better? Same with the PSP 1000, the size made it much easier to hold vs. the later incarnations (PSP 2000 was the only good Screen as well. 1000 had ghosting issues and 3000 had major interlacing issues). And dude, its crappy LCD vs. OLED. LCD looses to just about every other display type. Plasma > LCD. OLED > LCD. I will only say I would take LCD over is CRT, just because CRT's give me a major headache and LCD can generally be in a higher resolution. OLED once it's price comes down will take over Plasma for large HDTV's.

Many people have already stated the LCD screen is INFERIOR to the OLED screen. It's not even an opinion, it's a fact because OLED tech is superior to LCD.

As for the 3DS XL. The size is a godsend. The original 3DS was the most uncomfortable thing, it was way too small and my hands get cramped up.

I for one would be interested in the Vita TV and would love a 3ds adapter so I could play them on my Wii-U with full sized controllers.

I'm not a fanboy, I just don't have freakishly small hands like you do apparently, and know that LCD is a inferior display technology.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SolidGame_basic

@ryangcnx-2 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

How in the world am I a fanboy if I like the PS VITA 1000 better? Same with the PSP 1000, the size made it much easier to hold vs. the later incarnations (PSP 2000 was the only good Screen as well. 1000 had ghosting issues and 3000 had major interlacing issues). And dude, its crappy LCD vs. OLED. LCD looses to just about every other display type. Plasma > LCD. OLED > LCD. I will only say I would take LCD over is CRT, just because CRT's give me a major headache and LCD can generally be in a higher resolution. OLED once it's price comes down will take over Plasma for large HDTV's.

Many people have already stated the LCD screen is INFERIOR to the OLED screen. It's not even an opinion, it's a fact because OLED tech is superior to LCD.

As for the 3DS XL. The size is a godsend. The original 3DS was the most uncomfortable thing, it was way too small and my hands get cramped up.

I for one would be interested in the Vita TV and would love a 3ds adapter so I could play them on my Wii-U with full sized controllers.

I'm not a fanboy, I just don't have freakishly small hands like you do apparently, and know that LCD is a inferior display technology.

Dude, the 3DS has an LCD screen. /thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-57d307c5efcda

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

Dude, your an idiot. Thats all it has... THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION! Were talking about the Vita and how the "remodel" is a downgrade from the original. The 3DS XL uses the same mediocre screen as the original. No downgrade nor upgrade other than size. Other than the mention that the 3ds upgrade with all improvements and no downgrades from the original model. If there was a 3DS XL with a OLED screen I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Are you really this dense? New vita is inferior to old Vita. Deal with it and stop bringing up the 3DS and comparing it to the Vita

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@ryangcnx-2 said:

Dude, your an idiot. Thats all it has... THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION! Were talking about the Vita and how the "remodel" is a downgrade from the original. The 3DS XL uses the same mediocre screen as the original. No downgrade nor upgrade other than size. Other than the mention that the 3ds upgrade with all improvements and no downgrades from the original model. If there was a 3DS XL with a OLED screen I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Are you really this dense? New vita is inferior to old Vita. Deal with it and stop bringing up the 3DS and comparing it to the Vita

you're*

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#119  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

OLED switched to LCD? How does that even make sense?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#120  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

to save money....sony is bleeding cash left and right on the vita.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#121 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@foxhound_fox said:

So why not just scrap the Vita and concentrate on keeping the PS4 on top? The whole Vita project has been a money pit for them.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@KBFloYd said:

@foxhound_fox said:

So why not just scrap the Vita and concentrate on keeping the PS4 on top? The whole Vita project has been a money pit for them.

they did well with the psp....maybe turned more profit than the ps3.

you can imagine how stubborn they will be to let go of the handheld market....pc business was garbage for years before they sold that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-57d307c5efcda

@KBFloYd said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@KBFloYd said:

@foxhound_fox said:

they did well with the psp....maybe turned more profit than the ps3.

you can imagine how stubborn they will be to let go of the handheld market....pc business was garbage for years before they sold that.

I don't think they should quite on the vita. It's a great handheld. It just needs more original games. Getting the Vita Tales games is a good start too. I just don't think they should get rid of the OLED display, as thats one of the major reasons I love the vita. While I have mine, I'm afraid if it stops working one day I will be stuck getting a LCD model as a replacement.

Sony Vaio laptops weren't necessarily bad, they are built well, just for the cost of their higher end ones you could get an Alienware or Sager 17" laptop for the same cost, and both would have beefier CPU's and GPU's and both had better color gamut screens. Even their lower classed notebooks were outclassed by Dell, HP and Asus at the same price. People like to claim Alienware and Sager are overpriced, Sony was even more overpriced for what you got.

I personally see Sony maybe becoming just a Video Game company like Nintendo. Their HDTV's are outclassed by Panasonic and Samsung, the walkman has been replaced by the ipod, their stereo systems while good, again are outclassed by brands like Yamaha and Onkyo yet all their products carry a premium price.

Sony's problem is 1st party software and the fact they let third parties keep their games exclusive to japan for years if not forever. I think hardware wise the Vita spanks the 3DS, I prefer the Vita, but games wise it honestly has become my retro Persona and Final Fantasy Machine and thats about it and the few games that come with both the PS3 and Vita versions. That is a really good idea that I like.

The reason the 3ds sells better is because of the games, it's that simple, Nintendo has a great 1st party lineup and even a good amount of 3rd party support. Which is funny, Nintendo can get 3rd party support on it's handheld line but struggles with its main console line. I will never understand that really other than the PS4 and XB1 are outselling it.